As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ace Combat Thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Multiplayer? please don't have MP achievements... please don't have MP achievements...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/KQCDj3emnHk

Just two weeks to go!

There were some pretty great deals over the holidays on flight sticks.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    And I felled every last one of them.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    And I felled every last one of them.

It is a great line.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad to see Ace Combat again

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That story looks like ridiculous bullshit. I can't wait.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    That story looks like ridiculous bullshit. I can't wait.

the usual brilliant mix of "i have no idea what the fuck is going on" "watch out for that crazy enemy ace" and "what the hell is THAT giant <superweapon>" ace combat is loved for

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got a PSVR for christmas, so PS4 version is on preorder. If the missions are good enough, I may look into flight sticks later.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm not ruling out buying a second copy on PC for my Logitech X-56 HOTAS, depending on the implementation. But I already have my XB1 pre-order.

• Options
    Yeah, once the price drops some, I may take a look. I'd imagine the extra horsepower from the PC would look really nice. I wonder how mod friendly it'll be.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Kelor wrote: »

Just two weeks to go!

There were some pretty great deals over the holidays on flight sticks.

0/5 not enough F-15.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah, once the price drops some, I may take a look. I'd imagine the extra horsepower from the PC would look really nice. I wonder how mod friendly it'll be.

I'd wish they'd do the Shadow of War thing and make a digital purchase on Xbox also work on Windows 10 PCs....a fanciful dream.

I'm not expecting it to be mod friendly, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I want my VF-0!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I eagerly await the soundtrack more than the game itself... Project Aces' composers make good stuff.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I eagerly await the soundtrack more than the game itself... Project Aces' composers make good stuff.

Long train of Youtube videos with favorites hits starting..now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxfYCKRLICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c

• Options
    On those flightstick deals.

Thrustmaster PS3/PC for $35.

Trustmaster PS4/PC for $72.

It's $200 for the official stick otherwise.

• Options
    At a similar price point, the Xbox/PC Thrustmaster is $70. If I didn't already own an X-56, I'd seriously consider it.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    7 is already becoming fast on my favorites list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlkfEMa0xNI

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Kind of want to wait on flight sticks. Ace Combat is more arcade-y, not sure how much i’d get out of using a stick over a controller. If the VR experience is over the top, that might sell me.

• Options
    AC5, 0, and 6 were all great with a flight stick. But I'll be playing this on PS4 so no stick for me this time.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Kind of want to wait on flight sticks. Ace Combat is more arcade-y, not sure how much i’d get out of using a stick over a controller. If the VR experience is over the top, that might sell me.

I'd be extremely surprised if those official HOTAS were not available afterwards--perhaps at cheaper prices. Even in the small numbers HORI keeps producing them, it's really hard to imagine a console HOTAS selling out, and past AC HOTAS bundles were available for a while after the games released. You're probably fine waiting.

Those Thrustmaster flightsticks will be available long after the next Xbox and Playstation consoles are released.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    They've released the opening video if you want to spoil yourself a little bit.

https://youtu.be/EFxtY4giPk0

Opening shot looks like a callout to Macross Plus.
    ZhvZtic.png

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Time to get my Bryan Cranston on.

Or Graham Aker.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    They've released the opening video if you want to spoil yourself a little bit.

https://youtu.be/EFxtY4giPk0

Opening shot looks like a callout to Macross Plus.
    ZhvZtic.png

I'm not watching it yet, but supposedly a director from Macross is doing the cutscenes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I can only hope we don't end up in a high speed super-sonic pursuit of an advanced drone over downtown airspace.

• Options
    Time to get my Bryan Cranston on.

Or Graham Aker.

For a second I thought Bryan Cranston was going to be a voice in Ace Combat 7 (he has done dub voice roles for anime).

I was disappointed. :sad:

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I can only hope we don't end up in a high speed super-sonic pursuit of an advanced drone over downtown airspace.

This is ace combat. You will pursue the drone through the metro tunnels.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I'm replaying Zero right now, seems like a good opportunity to try the Knight path. (I've done Soldier and Mercenary.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    By I hope we don't, I mean I hope we totally do.

I want AC7 to be so anime it bleeds into the rest of the forum.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Yet, what is a forum?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Yet, what is a forum?

Those that seek strength, those that live for pride, and those that can read the tide of drama.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Yet, what is a forum?

Those that seek strength, those that live for pride, and those that can read the tide of drama.

Hey, Iwakura! You keep posting like that, you're gonna get yourself banned.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Goddamn it man, if you don't mamoru your nakama, who will?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The planes will run on:
    A. Friendship
    B. Blood
    C. Mary Magdaline's soul
    D. All of the above

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I was so excited to see the painting in the trailer and a mention of a fabled mirror.

Now we just gotta make sure there aren't any dancing angels.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So...any chance Ace Combat 6 goes back-compat before the 18th? 'cuz I still need to go through that...but it's just a pain in the ass replugging the ol' 360 back in (plus, I can't stand the controller after touching the perfection that is the Xbox Elite controller).

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    So...any chance Ace Combat 6 goes back-compat before the 18th? 'cuz I still need to go through that...but it's just a pain in the ass replugging the ol' 360 back in (plus, I can't stand the controller after touching the perfection that is the Xbox Elite controller).

I know nonsensical stories are kinda Ace Combat's thing but.. man, 6 sucked.

• Options
    I actually really enjoyed Ace Combat 6. :( I'm going to have a difficult time with my third play of Zero, I'm missing some mercenary scenes and some knight scenes because I switched paths midway through on my last time playing it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Go dance with the angels, mister!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

Go dance with the angels, mister!

I'd rather stare down a gun cam than dance with another fucking angel.