As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm stuck at like tier 16 because I apparently suck. I just keep doing so bad. I dunno how I could fix things :/

For whatever it is worth, here’s my take.

Most of the time, I use a horse emblem team. What really made it work well for me were three things.

1) a unit who can rank a danced healer
    2) a unit who can counter kill Reinhardt
    3) smite

Cecelia most of the time does 1 and 2 for me with distant defense seal. This helps me drag out the defense so I can avoid the traps. I have ward cavalry on Reinhardt to help.

Smite helps me when I need to drive an attack into a known trap, since being moved onto a trap through an assist won’t cost your the unit turn.

Otherwise, I think this is a huge exercise in remembering unit turn order. Units without assists go first. Dancers generally dance the first unit to move (hence dragging out healers tells me exactly how a dancer may act).

Otherwise, aim for earning points offensively. Buy the bonus building and upgrade your offensive fort. I use the tactics room and panic manor for offense.

My team generally is Reinhardt, Cecelia, Veronica, Dancer and bonus unit. The bonus unit has smite.

Watching defense replays can give you a hint on how folks approach your defense. I’ve learned, for example, that almost everyone against my defense matches to the left where my team is on the upper right. So I put my traps on the left.

If a defense appears to be unable to draw out, I will usually sacrifice a unit to draw them out and hopefully kill one of their units. Getting 80 lift is still very good per match.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hmm, I forgot Smite might *actually* be good here since I assume it ignores buildings and shit. The PvE maps are never designed in an ass enough way to need it, but aether raids it might be useful...

Edit: Oh god:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a6w350/wondering_why_this_isnt_a_thing_yet_not_my_tweet/?st=jpsq1df1&sh=fc329803
    x1903wi3dr421.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=9cc2519653e9b739bcdb8be25e1282cfb1e69eeb

WHY IS THIS NOT A THING!?!?!! CHRISTMAS CAVS CHRISTMAS BANNERS!! COMMMOONNNNNN

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Hmm, I forgot Smite might *actually* be good here since I assume it ignores buildings and shit. The PvE maps are never designed in an ass enough way to need it, but aether raids it might be useful...

Edit: Oh god:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a6w350/wondering_why_this_isnt_a_thing_yet_not_my_tweet/?st=jpsq1df1&sh=fc329803
    x1903wi3dr421.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=9cc2519653e9b739bcdb8be25e1282cfb1e69eeb

WHY IS THIS NOT A THING!?!?!! CHRISTMAS CAVS CHRISTMAS BANNERS!! COMMMOONNNNNN

Clearly it should be a flyer

camo_sig.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    One day they are going to make an armored cavalry unit that moves 2 spaces, just to fuck with us.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Talith wrote: »
    One day they are going to make an armored cavalry unit that moves 2 spaces, just to fuck with us.

It will be Hector on a horse with Armads :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Regarding smite, it doesn’t work through buildings. It works well with lava or forests or galeforce strategies though.

Hector carrying a horse

camo_sig.png
    Ardor wrote: »
    Regarding smite, it doesn’t work through buildings. It works well with lava or forests or galeforce strategies though.

Ahh, that is less useful then :P hehehe

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Hector carrying a horse

But the horse is named Armads

Ahh, that is less useful then :P hehehe

I tried to put Cecelia into an area where she couldn't enter melee range, but it failed and I ended up using the escape ladder that round.

Live and learn!

I am tempted to use F.Robin though as an alternative to Cecelia for another raiding team, since her tactical gale comes with raven properties. I'd probably use a stat refine though and not her buff refine, since her base 29 def is fine for archers, but that 22 res doesn't help for healers or Reinhardt.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hmm, if the armoured stat bonus and forest bypass is cancelled out by the cavalry stat penalty and forest obstruction, you basically end up with an infantry unit?

Edit:
    Acheron wrote: »
    Also, I had 2 defenses today. One, I killed no units. In the other, I killed all 5 enemies. Guess which one was first...?
    It wouldn't matter too much which was first, as you'd still lose 80 Lift either way; it's just if the loss came second then the Lift loss protection would start form the time of that defense instead of the earlier defense.

homogenized on
    edited December 2018
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/feh-content-update-121718-gifts-winter

Confirmed Christmas Fae has best damaged art ever:
    xvymi3bi3bcf.jpg

Her special art is also amazing

Warlock82 on
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Her chicken-form keeps the antlers.

Game Over

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! CHRISTMAS EIRIKA COMES HOME ON THE FIRST NIGHT. I'M FREE FROM COLORLESS HELL!

Also, a random Lewyn, lol. A little too late for Hero Fest, aren't we?

I'm still pulling for Fae, though. Especially since I forgot that she had Armor March, not Eirika. I'm gonna need that if I wanna do a Christmas tempest trials team without my Robin with maxed-out HM. I also kind of want Tharja......

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    First circle had 4 reds and 1 blue. It's Ephraim! Can't complain, but he's not a fluffy dragon with an antler headband or a ridiculous healer.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I got a (normal) fae.

steam_sig.png
    So they do exist. Ran into a weaponless level 1 Lisa only defense today.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I got a +res/-atk eirika on my second round of pulls. good enough. Are they going to give out tickets like they did for hero fest?

camo_sig.png
    edited December 2018
    I got a neutral Ephraim and said good enough for him. Then spent forever trying to get an IV I didn't hate for Fae and Eirika. I shouldn't really chase IVs, but I really actually like Fae especially. I ended up with +ATK/-DEF which is not great but I refined her weapon for defense so that kinda negates the defense bane a bit. Eirika is like +RES/-HP or something weird. Or maybe she was the +ATK/-DEF one... bah I can't even remember now... I'm gonna have to look... Either way I pulled a bunch of Eirikas, none of which were really that great, because they refused to give me green orbs most of the time. Bleh. Then I would say "Ok, this orb is gonna be Fae" and it was... a regular Fae.... -_-

Anyways did all the tempest trial things to get all the non generic rewards. TT is a nice way to level the new heroes :) Cecilia seems surprisingly decent. But maybe that's just the bonus stats buffing her up :P Nice to finally have seals worth spending my coins on again :D
    I got a +res/-atk eirika on my second round of pulls. good enough. Are they going to give out tickets like they did for hero fest?

Doesn't look like it. They woulda done it already. Guessing they will save tickets for Legendary banners (and special ones like Hero Fests) and maybe new unit banners (since those always have accompanying Forging Bonds)

Warlock82 on
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I forgot that there were two banners starting today. Had no bonus unit aside from the early 4 star Cecilia, so I tried the green orb since it had 2 focus.

Winter Chrom appears! -atk +res, and no really premium fodder, but I'll take it for a bonus unit. Why can I get him first try and get utterly shafted by the Hero Fest banner? Final pity breaker there was male grima, who I don't care about. No Lewyn :(

Well, no holiday units for me yet, but I finally got a Sothe with +ATK/-RES so I'll call that a victory.

--Mark Twain
    remind me again
    the first 2 tempest runs it gives you the bonus as if you had a bonus unit right so it doesn't matter your team or do you get a bonus on top of the bonus you already get if you put a bonus unit on?

camo_sig.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    remind me again
    the first 2 tempest runs it gives you the bonus as if you had a bonus unit right so it doesn't matter your team or do you get a bonus on top of the bonus you already get if you put a bonus unit on?

First two runs give everyone bonus stats, but doesn't change the score requirement. Still need a bonus unit to get higher score.

Acheron wrote: »
    remind me again

First two runs give everyone bonus stats, but doesn't change the score requirement. Still need a bonus unit to get higher score.

^ this. What I typically do is use 3 dragons + one of the bonus units and all four will get bonus stats to steamroll it. After the first two, ONLY the bonus units get the bonus stats, so I tend to switch to a team of just bonus units for the auto battles

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    My usual right now is flying dancers (Olivia and Ninian), Veronica, bonus unit. The stupid amount of buff/debuff I can pull with this setup lets a bonus unit steamroll everything.

And with Tharja on bonus it's especially easy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    So I have trouble with the fire sweep setups for AR and decided to put galeforce on brave Roy and Legendary Ephraim. I’m tinkering but it looks like it’ll help out greatly. I put pass on both of them as well. I just need two dancers and someone to handle the armor unit.

edited December 2018
    God dammit arena assault... last damn match and a fucking BM Tiki warps to my spot and kills my red... *sigh* it's to the point that I need 7 red armorbreakers and 7 green armorbreakers (or dragonslayers) for each blessing -_- Every fucking team is like 2 Surtrs and a Tiki

Warlock82 on
    I find that >50% of teams I face in all competitive modes (AR, Arena, AA) have Surtr in them. I generally have to have a method of face tanking him in every mode.

When he isn't a bonus unit anymore, that should help at least.

I find that >50% of teams I face in all competitive modes (AR, Arena, AA) have Surtr in them. I generally have to have a method of face tanking him in every mode.

When he isn't a bonus unit anymore, that should help at least.

yeah, it's double bad right now due to the bonus.

On the "bright" side, he makes getting max arena score bonus pretty easy because he can kill everything. Last week, he got me +12 in all 5 of my matches.

Also holy cow does he trivialize a lot of GHB stuff.

--Mark Twain
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Landed on a use for my grails, after much indecision.

Stats aren't insane but she's actually pretty beastly.

q9lr4ee4yidr.png

More of an offensive support built for AR, complemented by Eir's defensive support, while Ishtar just cleans up. Debuffs going out before and after combat, she's been punching well above her weight class merge-wise because of it.

Kasyn wrote: »
    Landed on a use for my grails, after much indecision.

Stats aren't insane but she's actually pretty beastly.

q9lr4ee4yidr.png

More of an offensive support built for AR, complemented by Eir's defensive support, while Ishtar just cleans up. Debuffs going out before and after combat, she's been punching well above her weight class merge-wise because of it.

Yeah I honestly think she is probably the best investment for them. As much as I like Female Robin, she just sucks in-game. Aversa is pretty amazing for debuffing the entire enemy team (assuming she has enough HP), at least for PvE modes and Aether Raids where BST doesn't matter.

Now that I finished my Lillina, I need another merge project.

wondering with the prevalence of Surtr if Caeda is worth it, pair her with Eir, Olivia and another flyer and could be a potent team for counter surtr

other options

Aversa
    Catria
    Cordelia (who + 4 already)
    Soleil
    Fir
    Hana
    Raven
    Camillia
    Est (though mine is 4* +8 so maybe not worth going to 5*)
    Effie
    Dragons
    probably others.

Not sure if lancers are the best option considering the meta

camo_sig.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Yeah I honestly think she is probably the best investment for them. As much as I like Female Robin, she just sucks in-game. Aversa is pretty amazing for debuffing the entire enemy team (assuming she has enough HP), at least for PvE modes and Aether Raids where BST doesn't matter.

I agree that she is right now, but disagree on Female Robin being all that terrible with the new refine. Spectrum Tactic 2 is pretty awesome, especially for supporting Bladetomes. The addition of a Raven element to her refine (probably a good tradeoff for Cav effectiveness) also means that she's a support unit that also fills an extremely useful additional niche: baiting Veronicas in AR.

That said, the problem with these grail units is, sure they may be good or even very good, but are they good enough to justify using such a limited resource? Probably a no right now on F Robin, unfortunately, but she's far from a bad unit.

Now that I finished my Lillina, I need another merge project.

wondering with the prevalence of Surtr if Caeda is worth it, pair her with Eir, Olivia and another flyer and could be a potent team for counter surtr

other options

Aversa
    Catria
    Cordelia (who + 4 already)
    Soleil
    Fir
    Hana
    Raven
    Camillia
    Est (though mine is 4* +8 so maybe not worth going to 5*)
    Effie
    Dragons
    probably others.

Not sure if lancers are the best option considering the meta

Cherche. The answer is Cherche.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Personally I lean towards merging up units who can utilize a lot of their stats, which has thus far led me to +10 Soleil and +8 Nowi. Obviously it depends a great deal on what you want, though.

Personally I lean towards merging up units who can utilize a lot of their stats, which has thus far led me to +10 Soleil and +8 Nowi. Obviously it depends a great deal on what you want, though.

This. This is why I've long recommended dragons as new player merge priorities. Cherche isn't quite there, but she does make great use of her Atk, Def, and HP, which is more than can be said for other units with Brave weapons.

edited December 2018

I agree that she is right now, but disagree on Female Robin being all that terrible with the new refine. Spectrum Tactic 2 is pretty awesome, especially for supporting Bladetomes. The addition of a Raven element to her refine (probably a good tradeoff for Cav effectiveness) also means that she's a support unit that also fills an extremely useful additional niche: baiting Veronicas in AR.

That said, the problem with these grail units is, sure they may be good or even very good, but are they good enough to justify using such a limited resource? Probably a no right now on F Robin, unfortunately, but she's far from a bad unit.

Raventome effectiveness has to contest with Arena score since they want to run Triangle Adept instead of G. Infantry whatever stupid skill (otherwise Robin does such piss poor damage without TA3 to buff it up). Also honestly at least where I'm at, I don't see that many archers anymore outside of the occasional Brave Lyn in Aether Raids (but I'd never waste an Aether Raid slot on Robin). There's also like, Male Robin who is identical other than color but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get copies of and has access to IVs.

Warlock82 on
    edited December 2018

Raventome effectiveness has to contest with Arena score since they want to run Triangle Adept instead of G. Infantry whatever stupid skill (otherwise Robin does such piss poor damage without TA3 to buff it up). Also honestly at least where I'm at, I don't see that many archers anymore outside of the occasional Brave Lyn in Aether Raids (but I'd never waste an Aether Raid slot on Robin). There's also like, Male Robin who is identical other than color but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get copies of and has access to IVs.

What does arena score or Brave Lyn have anything to do with it? I specifically emphasized AR, where Veronica is absurdly common, and where having a support unit that features as very strong Veronica bait is quite nifty.

M Robin would be a totally adequate substitute, but blue tomes have like 4x as many powerhouse units to compete with as green tomes do. Both have downsides in that way.

I mean, I already acknowledged that she has a lot working against her, but I just really disagree that it makes her a bad unit.

Kasyn on
    When you accidentally fall for armor march + Bowcina and lose everything but still clear the aether map on the last turn with one unit left at 3 health killing the final enemy Surtr. :evil: Like hell I'll let you get a win for that.

7244qyoka3pp.gif