As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Arrears

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Arrears

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh dear. Prepare your bloody buttsouls gentlemen, CP is coming in raw!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    The title.

• Dark080matterDark080matter CrateriaRegistered User regular
    I like that "Mist Form" goes completely unquestioned.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    The only thing that would make this comic better would be for him to be in costume:

C2P0xFw.png

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    How I know I’m old:

I have no idea who this Chris Perkins person is.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Chris Perkins is a Game Designer and editor for Wizards of the Coast and in particular, Dungeons and Dragons.

He also is the DM for the Acquisitions Incorporated series referenced in the comic above.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Chris Perkins is a Game Designer and editor for Wizards of the Coast and in particular, Dungeons and Dragons.

He also is the DM for the Acquisitions Incorporated series referenced in the comic above.

And DM'd it for, literally, a decade.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »

He also DM’s the “Dice, Camera, Action” gang once a week.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I follow Chris Perkins on Twitter. I am super hip and "with it."

• JackJack Registered User regular
    Okay, so... is Chris Perkins a vampire or did he simply pull a Strix and cast Gaseous Form? Because I'm willing to believe either explanation but I'd like to know for sure.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Jack wrote: »
    Okay, so... is Chris Perkins a vampire or did he simply pull a Strix and cast Gaseous Form? Because I'm willing to believe either explanation but I'd like to know for sure.

Yes.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

Chris Perkins is a 100th level Chris Perkins.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    How I know I’m old:

Definitely not an "old" thing.

As other have explained he's not some sort of new cool figure and most youths probably have no idea who he is.

I'm not sure why not recognizing a persons name would make you automatically assume "I guess I'm old!"

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    How I know I’m old:

As other have explained he's not some sort of new cool figure and most youths probably have no idea who he is.

I'm not sure why not recognizing a persons name would make you automatically assume "I guess I'm old!"

I guess because a bunch of people were willing to pay for games with him, I assumed he was a big deal.

Hell I didn't even know it was for tabletop gaming, I thought it'd be like some Fortnite deal.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I wonder how much each of those is worth to him. Because it seems two out of those three is decidedly finite.

Unless, of course, they can trade him *other people's* souls. In which case, they can probably get all they need by releasing a Sand volume on the store at one soul per copy...

• JackJack Registered User regular
    How I know I’m old:

I guess because a bunch of people were willing to pay for games with him, I assumed he was a big deal.

Hell I didn't even know it was for tabletop gaming, I thought it'd be like some Fortnite deal.

Chris Perkins is a big deal, it's just that he's only a big deal for a narrow slice of the human population.

How I know I’m old:

Chris Perkins is a big deal, it's just that he's only a big deal for a narrow slice of the human population.

But that narrow slice is literally PA’s target audience. Also I’m sure this isn’t the first time Chris Perkins has been mentioned

• Scarab83Scarab83 Registered User regular
    A very narrow slice. Even as a D&D player.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    How I know I’m old:

But that narrow slice is literally PA’s target audience. Also I’m sure this isn’t the first time Chris Perkins has been mentioned

To be fair, I've been a fan of this comic for years, but I really just come here every M/W/F to read the comic. I have only the very vaguest awareness of the other things Mike and Jerry do. I'm sure there are others like me and they are probably the people who had no idea who Chris Perkins was.

As for me, not knowing who he was didn't affect my ability to enjoy the comic. I was able to guess enough about him to still make it funny. :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    That grin on Chris's face at the end sells the joke for me. I laugh every time I see it.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ironhead wrote: »
    That grin on Chris's face at the end sells the joke for me. I laugh every time I see it.

I like how "yes" seems to imply "all of the above, at least".

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    How I know I’m old:

To be fair, I've been a fan of this comic for years, but I really just come here every M/W/F to read the comic. I have only the very vaguest awareness of the other things Mike and Jerry do. I'm sure there are others like me and they are probably the people who had no idea who Chris Perkins was.

As for me, not knowing who he was didn't affect my ability to enjoy the comic. I was able to guess enough about him to still make it funny. :)

Well were I back in my more That Guy asocial neckbeard days know that I’d be casting a glare of disdain right now at my screen.

Also I’d probably be two hundred pounds heavier and haven’t showered for a week. Seriously never be a neckbeard.