As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    I’d appreciate a link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9ddwlu/comment/e8m42jk

No relm USB, Terra USB, AOSB, and of that stuff, and no Edgar (which seems common). Only USBs are Shadow and mog. Doesn't even have a Terra burst.

E: missed some of the hone requirements. But no one is rank boost, so partial clear is on the table.

e2: Also, he doesn't list it, but he's got Terra LMR instead of LM1, and it's a "restart until you kill the little guys with a dualcast at the start" thing, so if you don't have it, you may be SOL. I've got that one, too >_>

e3: I have Locke's SSB? When did that happen?

Jragghen on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    It's not even been twelve hours and I'm already through the new event. All you really need to do is just beat the hell out of each level and you should get enough in the way of gifts to grab everything on the exchange store for the event. There's a bit of mythril up there, but the big prize is a new bard ability that gives major Regen to your entire party.

I think that's been out for a year now...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

It's new to him, and free abilities are always great :)

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Argle bargle. Legend Dived Rydia and I still can't beat Belias. I'm the worst.

Nothing quite as frustrating as diving someone and not managing what you were trying.

I've had two of those I can distinctly remember (one recent), but both were in a category that is one where I'm swimming in motes, so it stings less.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I remember half-diving Kain for Kraken and not getting it done. Of course, now I have his Ultra, so I guess it came back around.

Speaking of dives, boy howdy, Aphmau's is worse than Relm's.

I thought Relm's "minor resist EVERYTHING" was generally considered pretty great?

• FryFry Registered User regular

What's your team loadout? I got a sub 30 with Tidus chain, Vivi USB1, Rydia USB1, Raijin SSB, and Shelke to entrust. I was copying a Reddit clear that was using Rydia's imperil burst instead, and I think her other ultra should also work.

One surprising thing is that the summons cap very easily, so the RM for double cast summons is actually very good.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I thought Relm's "minor resist EVERYTHING" was generally considered pretty great?

Its not doublecast so it was pretty meh until 4/5* came out and we saw just how much damage we'd be taking. Also I think her sprite is smaller so she suffers from less hp for no good reason syndrome.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Its not doublecast so it was pretty meh until 4/5* came out and we saw just how much damage we'd be taking. Also I think her sprite is smaller so she suffers from less hp for no good reason syndrome.

Isn't she like, 10 years old? Children always have less HP than adults, that's science fact!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    10 realms on parade got my Kimahri's USB

The same relic I choise for the USB select, instead of Cinque's USB which I also REALLY wanted

boo

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

What's your team loadout? I got a sub 30 with Tidus chain, Vivi USB1, Rydia USB1, Raijin SSB, and Shelke to entrust. I was copying a Reddit clear that was using Rydia's imperil burst instead, and I think her other ultra should also work.

One surprising thing is that the summons cap very easily, so the RM for double cast summons is actually very good.

That, but Onion Knight or Palom instead of Vivi and Rydia with her BSB2 imperil water.

Isn't she like, 10 years old? Children always have less HP than adults, that's science fact!

Yeah she's pretty young. Also the best mage in VI based on stats I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

VI: 56% first try. Definitely room to grow as I learn patterns, and can always dive mog for a little extra healing.

Probably going to have to r4 chain firaja, though.

New feature request: "Is this item used in any of my saved teams"

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    lets see if i can remember my rop draws so far

skipped type 0
    fft: dupe orlandeau bsb
    xv: gladio lmr (a want)
    xiv: y'sh lmr (yuck)
    xiii: dupe lightning usb (i chased this hard back when it debuted)
    xii: my 8th ashe bsb
    xi: lion usb (new)
    x: seymour bsb2 (new)

edited December 2018
    IX draw because why the hell not at this point?

Vivi B1 (Enfire, AOE).

Welp! It's almost entirely redundant with his U (Almost because maybe I'll field him in a fight where I don't have enough fire spell hones to close out the fight?), but it's 10 more MAG for Vivi, and it's a third +Fire mage weapon (the others being his U staff and Krile's Sheepsong whip) for me to mess around with, so I'm not gonna say no!

edit: Ah right, I also had Rubicante's S weapon as a +Fire Mage weapon. But that one's a Mage Fist, which is extremely limited in use.

Enlong on
    IX: Beatrix LMR. Not a dupe, but I have nothing for Beatrix so that is not very helpful.

I was hoping for a good pull here because IX is one of my weakest realm, and the D280 torment was pretty painful. I might have to pull on one of the IX banners, I think. Dunno which one though; 4 dupes on the first, 2 on the second.

Amarant Burst

This looks pretty run-of-the-mill, but not bad? I'll have to look at how much the AoE penalty is, but it's an enFire which can lead into the 6* monk fire ability whenever I get around to making it.

edited December 2018
    Frey’s LMR. Should have saved my thrill. Rest of rop won’t get me.

Edit: at least it is plus wind.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Garnet LMR1. Completely useless.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I have, finally, broken into 5* magicite through Famfrit. I’ve managed it twice, so that’s reproducible right?

Team was:
    Reks USB, stormspell, Shellga
    Yshtola BSB, protectga, magic break
    Elarra USB, curada, dispel
    Kain CSB, OSB, BSB (yes all three get used), lit dive and the no hang time ability
    Lightning BUSB, BSB2, glint, flash disaster, lightning spellblade

The trick, such as it was, was giving up on using Larsa to avoid the silence and putting Yshtola in instead. It means I have to do phase 3 real fast, but with good meter management and regenga it’s doable. Woo! Now to get a lvl 99 Famfrit before I tackle fire magicite.

Also got Zidane USB on the parade so this is a good day.

rattletrap on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dupe kuja lmr

Sigh....

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Well, I went and did the IX banner 2, since I had two dupes.

Garnet BSB2 dupe (3rd copy, I guess yay for reforging), Kuja LMR

No wait, why is Kuja LMR mastered....dammit, I had 3 dupes on this banner, Kuja's LMR is a dupe too

Yeah, forget this realm, it keeps dumping useless relics and dupes on me so whatever.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    IX: 1/3, no disco. Freya LMR1 (chase). Interesting, but unlikely to get used outside of a IX CM that specifically requires a wind team...like the one we just had and that I've already beaten.

Darklyre on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    It's not even been twelve hours and I'm already through the new event. All you really need to do is just beat the hell out of each level and you should get enough in the way of gifts to grab everything on the exchange store for the event. There's a bit of mythril up there, but the big prize is a new bard ability that gives major Regen to your entire party.

I think that's been out for a year now...

Well, I'm still far behind you guys as far as content... I'm still busting through and working on stuff you must have beaten long ago. I'm still beating my head on a wall against Nightmares, heh.

Did my IX pull- 1/3, 1 disco: pulled Garnet Chain. I think this gives me both lightning chains in the game.

Spent today just digging out and mastering SBs and materias to get them out of the way- and I'm still plugging away on realm dungeons, too. I just reached Ebot's Rock on the realm dungeon.

I wish there was a site or something you could just plug everything you have into it and it could help you plan out teams for things. I think that's my biggest weakness- I need to go and figure out and plot out everything I need so I'm not just wondering what I can and can't do...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    High-end game ends up spending as much, if not more time in the team menu as in the game fights.

There's a variety of spreadsheets, etc, out there to help you plot what you've got. The one I use is quite tedious and looks nice, but I wouldn't wish the effort on anyone else >_>

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    3rd marcus bsb - I just got the second copy last week from daily draw soooo just a little bit extra sting there.

So far things have been very very underwhelming but still another 8 attempts. Maybe I'll get a fire and/or an earth chain :)

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Sweet! Daily draw got me Galuf USB1!

Strago BSB from the Daily Draw. Timely for me.

Still a nice get.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh boy, Steiner BSB (the one without EnFire). Looked cool at first but eh....

Man I need so many Wisdom Motes!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

That, but Onion Knight or Palom instead of Vivi and Rydia with her BSB2 imperil water.

Here's the reddit post I was inspired by, it gives a full turn-by-turn breakdown which seems insane but it somehow works (Raijin takes a break to cast two Lifesiphons in the middle, wtf). It also has a link to a JP video that uses a Onion USB/Rydia imperil/Rikku chain team. Maybe you can get there with Tidus+Palom+Rydia, or Tidus+Onion+Rydia?

Can't remember if you have Elarra USB or Aeris USB2, there are several clears that feature Tidus chain, one of those healers, and some hodgepodge of other stuff.

edit: if you have Alphinaud SSB and any instant Last Stand healer USB, you could try this clear

Fry on
    edited December 2018
    Finally! After a month or so of trying to make the clear consistent, I have four Beliases, with which to make a level 99 one! I’ve learned that the consistency and (occasionally) defense of Strago’s Burst is worth a lot, even when I’m comparing him to Rydia with her enwater Ultra.

For the first time, I’ve managed to finish my dealings with the current 5-stars before the next batch comes out! Which isn’t really important in any way, but it’s nice to see.

Edit: I agree that phoeniX-skye is a good person to follow runs from. I owe my KB and Belias victories to him.

Enlong on
    Enlong wrote: »
    For the first time, I’ve managed to finish my dealings with the current 5-stars before the next batch comes out! Which isn’t really important in any way, but it’s nice to see.

Well nothing in this game is really important but that's a huge validation of your teams that remains far out of my reach. Nice work!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Heh. The crystal tower contains a rematch fight with WOFF Bahamut, a fight that we haven’t had before because they excised that half of the event.

Here's the reddit post I was inspired by, it gives a full turn-by-turn breakdown which seems insane but it somehow works (Raijin takes a break to cast two Lifesiphons in the middle, wtf). It also has a link to a JP video that uses a Onion USB/Rydia imperil/Rikku chain team. Maybe you can get there with Tidus+Palom+Rydia, or Tidus+Onion+Rydia?

Can't remember if you have Elarra USB or Aeris USB2, there are several clears that feature Tidus chain, one of those healers, and some hodgepodge of other stuff.

edit: if you have Alphinaud SSB and any instant Last Stand healer USB, you could try this clear

I had been using that Reddit post as my basis as well.

First I tried to replicate the video, with Shelke/Tidus/OK/Rydia/Raijin, but I think the field effect difference between Tidus and Rikku was too much for me to overcome. I was able to figure out the timing eventually, but it'd sputter out in phase 3 and couldn't deliver a kill.

I tried the Shelke/Tidus/Rydia/Palom/Raijin strategy from the post, but the timing was dicey. Unless my inputs were perfect the boss would Searing Flame in phase 1 and wipe me. I eventually got the muscle memory down and made it to phase 2 (and 3), but had the same problem and sputtered out at the end. Rydia really needs her USB to make up the last bit at the end.

So looks like Tidus Chain, Rydia BSB2, and Palom USB are just too weak. One of them needs to be a bit better to get there.

I'm about ready to give up and try a traditional healer setup.

So I never had time to notice this during Magicite runs, but just did today when fighting Xande: if you use Earthbringer, and your DEF is high enough to get 5 hits out of the attack, then the character will be covered in a suit of armor made out of rocks for the last hit. That’s a neat detail.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I really should keep a log of sorts to keep track of who I want to mote up. I completely forgot where I wanted to spend all these Wisdom Motes....

edit: oh yeah. Jill. So how does the new MP fight go? Bring a variety of elemental skills???

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Got two disco for the 5 mythril on the nine pull, garnet lightning chain and Amarant usb.

My first lightning chain so that’s good.

Of course garnet is still level 1, but no big deal.

This discussion has been closed.