As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got two disco for the 5 mythril on the nine pull, garnet lightning chain and Amarant usb.

My first lightning chain so that’s good.

Of course garnet is still level 1, but no big deal.

Garnet's a Pretty Big Deal with that chain. She can do damage with Valigarmanda, she can off-heal with Curaja, and she can buff the party with Warrior's Hymn or Allegro Con Moto.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Got two disco for the 5 mythril on the nine pull, garnet lightning chain and Amarant usb.

My first lightning chain so that’s good.

Of course garnet is still level 1, but no big deal.

Garnet's a Pretty Big Deal with that chain. She can do damage with Valigarmanda, she can off-heal with Curaja, and she can buff the party with Warrior's Hymn or Allegro Con Moto.

So I saw that there was a nine draw too. Figured why the hell not I’ll drop the mythril on one:

qipe9ggxde8t.jpeg

That’ll do pig.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So III torment this week, right?

This might be the first one I manage to ??? off the bat, at least to some decent percentage.

But what's particularly funny is that my team is so concentrated that I have no idea who my fifth person should be.

Onion Knight: Everything but OSB and USB3
    Luneth: Literally everything but LMR
    Arc: SSB, BSB, USB - SSB is good for healing, everything else is offensive, tho.
    CoD: All I've got is USB, but it's a good USB

Only other stuff in realm: Refia BSB and Ingus chain (which....earth chain doesn't synergize with the above the best :P)

Kinda thinking of bringing Aria to be primary healer while Arc does some holy action, and dropping CoD for an entrust bot to keep feeding meter to Luneth.

• Options
    Yo, does Radiant Shield increment a Realm chain if the damage is bouncing off of in-realm characters? Because that would be a big factor into me using Ingus’s B2 instead of his B1, if I field him.

• Options
    FFVIII pull even though I literally don't know what I really want from it.

1/3: Squall ice Overstrike.

Yeah, I'll take that! He always did need something to spend meter on after the initial Burst or Ultra.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    s i g h

zell lmr

this has been, by far, my worst realms on parade, things would have to take a sudden, extreme turn.

and there was one time where i got 9 dupes, but at least i got a useful item.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Siefer Ultra.

I... Don't even know what to make of this. I'm not sure where I would fit it (dark and fire on a person I don't have enElement for either?)

It's a great +Dark sword though, 18 hits for realm chain in torment, and more to the point, my first Party Powerchain.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Siefer Ultra.

I... Don't even know what to make of this. I'm not sure where I would fit it (dark and fire on a person I don't have enElement for either?)

It's a great +Dark sword though, 18 hits for realm chain in torment, and more to the point, my first Party Powerchain.

You've got me curious now.

[...]

Huh, that's certainly interesting. 18 hits is a weird number, but one can't fault a partywide powerchain. It's basically a physical-only, souped-up version of that one that Vayne has.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Rinoa OSB. I have stuff for Rinoa, but not really earth stuff. Unless you count the glint. At least it's not another dupe.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: Β»
    Rinoa OSB. I have stuff for Rinoa, but not really earth stuff. Unless you count the glint. At least it's not another dupe.

Rinoa OSB+Glint is on my sub-30 5* magicite team, FWIW.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I didn't realize I had so many VIII relices, but whatever let's pull

1/3: Zell USB.

....huh. well, I have both of his SSBs, both of his BSBs, his LMR, and now his USB. Guess I need to start using Zell more. And maybe dive? IDK.

Beats another dupe at least.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Got Fujins AOSB on the parade draw

I didn’t even know that existed!

It’ll go good with her also recently acquired USB

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    VIII

2/3 Discos!! 0.0 so many possibilities!

Ultimecia OSB - not a dupe but not really useful.
    Selphie USB - Instant large Medica, reraise, Astra - I will take it! All I have for healing in VIII was her bsb with no entry heal and a really weak single heal?

Success enough :) Parade was going pretty disappointingly up til this point so I'm excite. Also 2/3 twice in one parade is shocking for me.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular

Can you describe your team? I have both of those and am having trouble with King B.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    VIII: 1/3, one disco. Irvine USB! Not sure how to use this thing quite yet, but I bet it'll come in handy for VIII stuff!

• Options

Can you describe your team? I have both of those and am having trouble with King B.

I've got a very specific no healer insanity going on.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40213773/#Comment_40213773

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Zell BSB1 off the parade draw. I remember when that thing was a meta defining item. Now it doesn't really fit anywhere. I have like three fire monks and three Earth monks ahead of him. Maybe it will see use in Torment. Maybe.

• Options
    JP just got a QoL adjustment.

Bosses don't crit anymore.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Parade draw gives me... 1/3, no disco. Fujin's Glint- increase wind attack levels by two, next two actions on reduced delay. Triggers instantly.

She's turning into quite the little wind mage, I think.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JP just got a QoL adjustment.

Bosses don't crit anymore.

YES YES YES YES

That mess was so annoying with fights like Belias, where a crit can mean the difference between life and death early on.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 disco.
    Rinoa USB. Already have her chain so that's a nice addition if she ever has meter for both.

• Options
    Haha damn the new "Magicite" has a move that deactivates your magicites.

• Options
    For everyone who has never gotten Edge USB0, you should be able to in 6 months time.

https://m.imgur.com/a/OqtMnnt

• Options
    Weirdly, LMRs cost more than BSBs or OSBs in the Record Lab.

Costs to Redeem Lenses

Level 1 Anima Lens
    Unique: 1500 L1 Lenses
    SSB: 3000 L1 Lenses

Level 2 Anima Lens
    BSB: 1000 L2 Lenses
    OSB: 1000 L2 Lenses
    LMR: 3000 L2 Lenses

Level 3 Anima Lens
    USB: 1000 L3 Lenses

Retroactive record dungeon prizes, JP got 25,000ish Level 1 lenses and 5,000ish Level 2.

• Options
    So basically we shouldn't agonize over Unique/SSB stuff in AA and just pick already.

• Options
    Maybe? I'm not sure exactly what can be redeemed in the Lab. Sounds like there's a cutoff date, but that shouldn't matter for Uniques. Maybe newer SSBs might not be in.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    wow...Selphie USB2. I already did this torment but Instant Astra? Yes please.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like MVPs are getting their letters. VI event starts on the 20th (edit: I guess no III Torment this week then?). Banner Fests start on the 25th,
    Festival Phase 1 5:00 PM 12/25 PST (1:00 AM 12/26 UTC) to 4:59 PM 12/27 PST (0:59 AM 12/28 UTC) New relics include Onion Knight's Arcane Overstrike, and Tyro and Y'shtola's Ultra Soul Breaks. Cloud's Arcane Overstrike makes its return!

Festival Phase 2 5:00 PM 12/27 PST (1:00 AM 12/28 UTC) to 4:59 PM 12/29 PST (0:59 AM 12/30 UTC) The second phase brings a lineup focused on earth! Rydia gets new Arcane Overstrike and Ultra Soul Break relics, while Red XIII gets a new Ultra Soul Break as well!

Festival Phase 3 5:00 PM 12/29 PST (1:00 AM 12/30 UTC) to 4:59 PM 12/31 PST (0:59 AM 1/1 UTC) Ultra Soul Breaks for Elarra and Cecil (Paladin), and Edward's Chain Soul Break debut! You'll also have another chance to get Celes's Arcane Overstrike.

Festival Phase 4 5:00 PM 12/31 PST (1:00 AM 1/1 UTC) to 4:59 PM 1/2 PST (0:59 AM 1/3 UTC) This banner heats things up as Squall gets a new fire-elemental Ultra Soul Break, Vivi and Zell unleash their Arcane Overstrikes, and Vincent's Ultra Soul Break appears as well!

Festival Phase 5 5:00 PM 1/2 PST (1:00 AM 1/3 UTC) to 4:59 PM 1/4 PST (0:59 AM 12/28 UTC) Lulu debuts her Arcane Overstrike and Ultra Soul Break, and Reno has a new Ultra Soul Break too! Squall's Arcane Overstrike makes its return.

Banners 1 & 3 getting all mixed up, rest of them seem unchanged for the big prizes. Celes Arcane is replacing something in the 1/3 mix-up banners. Squall Arcane in Banner 5 replacing something too. Either Prompto Chain or Rinoa ice BUSB, probably?

Lucky Draws for LMR, OSB, and USB are set for the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Don't snooze on these, they are only up for 24 hours.

The commemoration draw is set for New Year's day, instead of before the fest banners. This is the half price first pull that has stuff like Cloud USB, Bartz USB. (JP version had Elarra, GodWall, Orlandeau USBs as well as some LMRs and BSBs. Only Cloud and Bartz mentioned so far)

No mention of a 33-pull or gem draws, but I wouldn't count them out yet.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just remember these banner probably have the much maligned format with higher off banner. The banner change is probably why the events were delayed till after maintenance.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    VI this week? Well, I’d best clean out those story dungeons, then. I’ll like to try at least once for Wind God Gau.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    VI this week? Well, I’d best clean out those story dungeons, then. I’ll like to try at least once for Wind God Gau.

Which means we're still waiting on the FF3 event and Torment, and I think Heat Offering/Lunar Ifrit from Rubies, which, you know, might be useful for Manticore and Mateus dropping tomorrow.

• Options

Which means we're still waiting on the FF3 event and Torment, and I think Heat Offering/Lunar Ifrit from Rubies, which, you know, might be useful for Manticore and Mateus dropping tomorrow.

Well, if that happens, they can wait.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Oh man will there ever be a CSB select? I'd kill for those.

I wonder what I should pick up on the USB select...I might go for Orlandeu for Holy/Dark shenanigans or Bartz for multielement mayhem.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    There is a banner coming in six months with 6-8 chains on it depending on how accurate my memory is.

Japan got a Chain select but I think it was 90$ or something reasonable like that.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I hope Heat Offering arrives soon. I am probably going to want to start banging my head against D$$$ while visiting family, now that I can assemble a magicite loadout with HP Boon 8s, Blade Ward 8s, and Spell Ward 8s. And Heat Offering will fit nicely into like half of my realm teams, maybe even more.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    There is a banner coming in six months with 6-8 chains on it depending on how accurate my memory is.

Japan got a Chain select but I think it was 90$ or something reasonable like that.

....great. :rotate:

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I got Garnet's Chain on the Daily Draw today.
    It's a dupe, and wasted on me. I'm so sorry every who could have actually used this.

I'm thinking keep it separate, for two 6* +Lightning Light armors.

• Options
    When Heat Offering exists, I wonder if it would be a good idea for me to try fielding Balthier? The only relevant soul breaks I have are his Enfire S, and his B1. But he has his dualcast Machinist RLM.

...on the other hand, he’s competing with Locke, Refia, Auron, Bartz, and Jecht. His access to an Imperil-chance ability seems like less of a real option in comparison.

• Options
    Hmm so the 5* magicite is the end of the line apparently.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, the Odin fight came out, and there is no Odin magicite to be seen. He’s largely just a capstone challenge to put a lid on this era of content. A sufficiently ridiculous one, from what I’ve heard. He apparently rivals/exceeds the part 3 Torments.

Should be interesting to see what comes next, provided the game doesn’t implode with the end of Magicite, of course.

Enlong on
This discussion has been closed.