As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    How does Gambit work exactly? All I know is that it's some sort of PvEvP mashup.

Death heals primeval.

Bank those motes, that's how you summon a Primeval.

HAHAHAHA! I’m sorry, were they sayin’ something?? Cuz they’re dead now!!!

Fawst on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It's also narrated by the Drifter, who is trying to be the cool uncle of the Destiny family

Every time he says "Get to the garden" it makes Tickertron by RTJ start playing in my head.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Fawst wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    How does Gambit work exactly? All I know is that it's some sort of PvEvP mashup.

Death heals primeval.

Bank those motes, that's how you summon a Primeval.

HAHAHAHA! I’m sorry, were they sayin’ something?? Cuz they’re dead now!!!

The post invasion lines are my favorite:

“They wanted to fight ya right, thats what they said!” after a 4 kill makes me grin every time.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    The deliciousness and relish that he adds to any time he talks about getting a bit of Darkness makes my day

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I tried doing the Malfeasance strike solo back at 600 and couldn't get past the room with the multiple waves of enemies that require balls tossed at them to break their shields. I think I'll try again once I get to 650 and see if that makes the difference

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Did the triumphs for solar, arc, void, and being the same class for Scourge of the Past, tonight. We started getting some pretty decent times by the end.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I tried doing the Malfeasance strike solo back at 600 and couldn't get past the room with the multiple waves of enemies that require balls tossed at them to break their shields. I think I'll try again once I get to 650 and see if that makes the difference

You're already above 580, so going even higher won't change anything. You really need someone to pass the ball to.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Need 1 person for a PA raid on PSN in 10-15 minutes if anyone is interested

Msg wassermalen

Wassermelone on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Chromatic Fire is fun in pve but damn near useless in PvP. I want it to be more awesome but it just doesn't quite do much of anything.

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Soloing the Malfeasance strike elevator section is kind of a silly challenge but doable if you're a Hunter. Taken Barrier mod + dodge recharge mod + way of trapper + Orpheus Rigs can get you there.

(I may or may not have banged my head against that wall for a while before joining up with someone for the rest of the strike)

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I see. Thanks for the info. On another note, anyone in the XB1 side of things maybe wanna give me a run through a Nightfall for the first time? Been sitting in the queue for about a half-hour but there's been no bites yet.

What's your GT?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Does Hands-on affect Sword kills? Or melee abilities that are ranged like throwing knives?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Does Hands-on affect Sword kills? Or melee abilities that are ranged like throwing knives?

AFAIK no for the first and yes for the second.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    On one hand I finished mountaintop over the weekend. So yay

On the other hand...something like five or six kindled orchids and not one decent roll, and zero comp progress over the whole weekend.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Peen wrote: »
    Chromatic Fire is fun in pve but damn near useless in PvP. I want it to be more awesome but it just doesn't quite do much of anything.

I think the biggest problem for Chromatic Fire is that without Ace of Spades (or any firefly kinetic I guess, don't know if they added any new ones) the collateral damage is within two meters (extends out to four with Ace) and even in a game with as much hand holding as D2 that's not going to come up all that often in a way that is particularly positive for the average player so it's definitely very situational.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

I think the biggest problem for Chromatic Fire is that without Ace of Spades (or any firefly kinetic I guess, don't know if they added any new ones) the collateral damage is within two meters (extends out to four with Ace) and even in a game with as much hand holding as D2 that's not going to come up all that often in a way that is particularly positive for the average player so it's definitely very situational.

It seems like it used to be better before the nerf/fix. Even after they upped the damage.

• JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Anyone on ps4 want to do malfeasance strike or heroic whisper?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The combination of "taken butter" and some "personal touch" does seem like a fitting gift for Rahool.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Jakorian wrote: »
    Anyone on ps4 want to do malfeasance strike or heroic whisper?

@Jakorian You still need a hand? I've been drinking but I'm about to get on and can be a Darkness Zone anchor for the malfeasance strike. Probably incompetent to do a jumping puzzle.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Does anyone do Leviathan? I wanted to see if I could get the catalyst for Skyburner's Oath if possible.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Does anyone do Leviathan? I wanted to see if I could get the catalyst for Skyburner's Oath if possible.

What platform? I'm fairly certain we could put together a willing five on PS4.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian

What platform? I'm fairly certain we could put together a willing five on PS4.

I'm on the XBox One myself.

Sigh. That’s what I get for leaving my whispers open to help someone out in a pve activity...I get sent abusive chat in pvp.

Would be nice if Bungie’s reporting system actually worked, but I have little faith.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Sigh. That’s what I get for leaving my whispers open to help someone out in a pve activity...I get sent abusive chat in pvp.

Would be nice if Bungie’s reporting system actually worked, but I have little faith.

Is there no way to report through the Blizzard app? I always do system level reports on console, more effective

edited December 2018

Is there no way to report through the Blizzard app? I always do system level reports on console, more effective
    Yeah I reported for abusive chat but I somehow doubt it does anything. I think it goes to Bungie, not Blizzard.

Blizzard would probably do something

The best part is after the first two came through I went and changed it back, but apparently once they’ve started whispering you they can just keep going.

Catalase on

Yeah I reported for abusive chat but I somehow doubt it does anything.

Eh Blizzard can be pretty aggressive with bans, they ban toxic streamers while still live (those clips give me life force)

Good on you for reporting the bastard

• MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the Nightfall run CptHamilton! I at least got my 100k banner so that should help in the quest for the Braytech drop, should I get to run it some more.

Menasor on
    Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Dang, I still need to get a Nightfall done for the week

Who's in? I can give you all the Well of Radiance lovin'

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    If you're doing it later tonight around 10-11PM EST and on the XB1, I can help out.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    If you're doing it later tonight around 10-11PM EST and on the XB1, I can help out.

I'm down to run on my Hunter tonight around then. GT F4ll0ut Wolfoid if you don't have me!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    I'd really love a no invasion, PvE only Gambit mode. PvP just ruins it for me.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Metallikat wrote: »
    I'd really love a no invasion, PvE only Gambit mode. PvP just ruins it for me.

Yeh, I haven't bothered with it yet exactly because pvp in this game is not amusing. Throwing some Warcraft 3 style creeps in the mix does not help.

That said, I might actually stumble my way through a round or two now that I'm ~540 and running out of PvE things to do. Just to get the cheevo if nothing else.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    I'll say this- Gambit got a shitload easier since I got Thousand Voices last week

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    If there was no way to directly affect the team I was competing against, I would be even more frustrated with Gambit than I am now

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Gambit is pretty much zero pressure having popped that seal. just play. I feel sorry for anybody that has yet to get 'er done.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Only reason I'm playing Gambit is the challenges to get powerful gear rewards, and the quest to get the Breakneck rifle.

Metallikat on
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Vagabond wrote: »
    If there was no way to directly affect the team I was competing against, I would be even more frustrated with Gambit than I am now

I was assuming by "PvE only" he meant no other team at all. As gambit has been explained here, it sounds like Puzzle Fighter; the teams are *mostly* doing their own thing, but you can occasionally mess with the other team, either by physically showing up to shoot at them or by sending enemies to them.

So all you'd have to do is remove the other team and the enemies they spawn, and you'd just have an arena style DPS race. Good finishing times would give you certain medals / loot. Maybe there'd be a leader board.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Metallikat wrote: »
    Only reason I'm playing Gambit is the challenges to get powerful gear rewards, and the quest to get the Breakneck rifle.

Breakneck is so fun! I've been using it almost exclusively since I got it last week with Minor Spec mod on it. I'm still trying to get a Rampage mod from Ada-1, but so far I've gotten 3 Sprint Grip mods and a couple other things, no Rampage. :(

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

I was assuming by "PvE only" he meant no other team at all. As gambit has been explained here, it sounds like Puzzle Fighter; the teams are *mostly* doing their own thing, but you can occasionally mess with the other team, either by physically showing up to shoot at them or by sending enemies to them.

So all you'd have to do is remove the other team and the enemies they spawn, and you'd just have an arena style DPS race. Good finishing times would give you certain medals / loot. Maybe there'd be a leader board.

This sounds like a Nightfall

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    edited December 2018
    I think the advantage vs. strikes (iirc "nightfall" is just a hard mode strike with no matchmaking) would be that gambit is of limited duration. Like regular pvp, you would be able to just sit down whenever, play a few rounds, and then go do something else, without worring about getting bogged down in endless derp. Whereas strikes can take an arbitrarily long time to complete, depending on how bad you or others are at them.

I really, fundamentally loathe the "Respawning restricted" screen. Any chance to see that less, outside PvP, I'd be in favor of.

Monkey Ball Warrior on