As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Judging by the art I'm assuming they're doing a late-Halloween-episodes thing?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R25Xway4haY

The power of a whiny crybaby minority continues to be strong. Its really lame that it came to this.

It was bad that people outright harassed the Grumps for Ghoul Grumps episodes, no doubt. But ultimately the Grumps episodes are a product and the audience for that product made their desire for those episodes clear. There's nothing lame about Arin deciding to supply these episodes now that he's more ready to do so. The idea that they should just ignore their audience completely is out of touch with what their business even is.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I see what you're saying, but I feel like the well's been poisoned for me on Ghoul Grumps. I really like the concept of seasonal episodes and I used to love Ghoul Grumps specifically, but now it just reminds me of how toxic fans can be.

Haven't watched it yet, and maybe I'll be able to get distracted away from that notion; we'll see.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Ugh.

The power of a whiny crybaby minority continues to be strong. Its really lame that it came to this.

Didnt arin specifically say in the other video that they were planning on doing something like this anyways? So I wouldn't say this is a direct effect if the whiners.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Ugh.

Didnt arin specifically say in the other video that they were planning on doing something like this anyways? So I wouldn't say this is a direct effect if the whiners.

I didn't watch that whole video honestly, but that feels like a cover story to try to prevent the frothing mad mob from trying to pull this with other stuff. They've never done this before like this, so why start now?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Are those 'fans' still upset by it though?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Ugh.

I didn't watch that whole video honestly, but that feels like a cover story to try to prevent the frothing mad mob from trying to pull this with other stuff. They've never done this before like this, so why start now?

Same reason they started doing the live streams? Or the power hours. I'm not saying this isn't in part a response to what happened, but i doubt its solely that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That granny game... I'm not going to lie. I jumped.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Admittedly, a "Halloween in Christmas" theme does help their problem in finding actual Christmas-y games to play. The horror well never runs dry.

And then there's this Krampus game, which is both!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh dear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GsJfUKMBA

Poor Dan, he's going to be in for a ride on this one.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I’m kind of enjoying this nightmare before Christmas series even if I disagree with the childish complaining when they didn’t do ghoul grumps. It reminds me of Silent Hill Shattered Memories as a Jingle Grumps series.

• Options
    Yeah I'm quite enjoying all of the episodes. I might buy that Krampus game.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I super identify with Dan on these games and yet I'm watching them just to enjoy his reactions anyway.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/K8foDBekOYM

Not directly grump related but well, shit

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/K8foDBekOYM

Not directly grump related but well, shit

Yeah, just saw that. What a bummer :< Apparently cause Pat and Matt just don't like each other anymore?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I find it interesting mostly because they decided to just end the channel and go separate ways. That's a bold move and makes me think they're still sussing out how to split things up.

I was never a huge fan of SBF but I have friends who loved them and will be bummed to see them go. Woolie's essay on Reboot and his other videos are great and I highly recommend his channel for sure.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I find it interesting mostly because they decided to just end the channel and go separate ways. That's a bold move and makes me think they're still sussing out how to split things up.

I was never a huge fan of SBF but I have friends who loved them and will be bummed to see them go. Woolie's essay on Reboot and his other videos are great and I highly recommend his channel for sure.

Seems like they've mostly decided. Pat and Woolie are taking over their podcast feed with Super Castle Beast? I think its called. Matt is doing game dev and his own channel, Pat is doing Twitch, and Woolie is doing his own channel, plus twitch, plus his own podcast along with the podcast with Pat.

I think they just probably all had rights to the brand and therefore decided to end it rather than go through a whole thing to try and keep it going without one of them.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'm very sad about this, but that's how life goes.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oh my God this Yomawari game!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Both of them have been on my wishlist for awhile so I'm gonna skip this one. I bet it's good though.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Both of them have been on my wishlist for awhile so I'm gonna skip this one. I bet it's good though.

I had to turn it off and I put it in my wishlist too.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    The fact that
    the dog becomes a bloodstain the first 2 damn minutes

big ol' nope for me.

Also, good on anyone who enjoys jump scare games. I can't even watch these episodes without looking away for parts where I think something is coming.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That moment was just mean to be mean. That truck was more unrealistic than the ghosts are.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I was excited that they started playing an obscure game that I've actually played, but their thumbnail was wrong and they're playing the other Yomawari.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The Grumps' Twitter account has gone all-out "sell merch" lately and it kinda sucks and annoys me.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Almost as if this time of year may be lucrative for merchandise sales which may also have an impact on their livelihood.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    DHS wrote: »
    Almost as if this time of year may be lucrative for merchandise sales which may also have an impact on their livelihood.
    That's well and good but we don't have to be drowned in that messaging.

• Options
    I mean I understand to an extent, ads are annoying but... Just unfollow them on Twitter. I know they have had a funny social media presence but you can hate them for keeping the lights on so they can keep giving us free comedy daily

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Just mute it for the holidays. Or mute the word "merch"

Goose! on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

I just don't ever hate on the hustle that people who make content on the internet have to do to sustain their careers. They do what they gotta do.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options

I just don't ever hate on the hustle that people who make content on the internet have to do to sustain their careers. They do what they gotta do.
    Well to be fair we don't know their financial situation so whether or not this keeps them afloat or just makes them more money is a mystery.

I can understand it from the perspective of YouTube acting in seeming hostility to cut down on paying people who operate channels there.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The fact that
    the dog becomes a bloodstain the first 2 damn minutes

big ol' nope for me.

Also, good on anyone who enjoys jump scare games. I can't even watch these episodes without looking away for parts where I think something is coming.

Yeah, I really dislike jump scare stuff. I could say it's because it's such a cheap way to get "scares" and are overused nowadays, but I just don't like my heart beating a mile a minute because of a jump scare. I much prefer a slow build up of dread if I'm going to watch / play something scary. I'll take chills over jumps any day.

Zomro on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Well to be fair we don't know their financial situation so whether or not this keeps them afloat or just makes them more money is a mystery.

I can understand it from the perspective of YouTube acting in seeming hostility to cut down on paying people who operate channels there.

Or, like it was pointed out, this is the run-up to Christmas week and they are just trying to get a few more orders out the door for last minute gifts. Those Burgie socks are amazing and I ordered pairs some of my friends at work, so I appreciate the messaging (and happy to support them).

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Also remember it was Brian helming the accounts when they were funny.
    He left because he had better things to do.
    Now they have probably some assistant.
    It's very expensive to have a funny official corporate twitter.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yesterday's 10MPH was excellent, btw.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    The 10HPM actually.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Their latest Power Hour with the axe throwing is by far my favorite right now.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Dan's tank top is the best.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/SPz22O-gp4Q
    In summary, one grumps episode a day with an additional, themed segment daily, and two grumps eps on sat/sun. Longer games will be completed on stream, which is one of the daily segments. There's also an animation show, VS show, and a wild card day on Fridays.

More Starbomb coming soon, merch has been taken over directly by the grumps to increase quality and fresher ideas.

Sounds like longer series were dragging the numbers down, so they're gonna do more one shot or shorter series on grumps. I don't blame them, I often skip longer series because I don't have that much time to sink these days.

This discussion has been closed.