As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Chaos recipe is inefficient.

Just roll Essence Worms from the unique ring beastcraft for your chaos.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I generally don't think trading is necessarily as bad as people say it is.

Except map trading.

That is indeed horrific.

I generally don't think trading is necessarily as bad as people say it is.

Except map trading.

That is indeed horrific.

There is a reason I'm stuck in tier 8 maps right now, and it's mostly because I find the process of spending 10 minutes to find a single non-AFK person selling a map to be mind-numbingly boring. I'd rather run a lower tier map that's useless to me than slog through pages of AFK players not responding to their listings.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    When I have to go through 10+ people before getting a response, I'd say trading is indeed as bad as I believe it is. Having to deal with buggy caching issues listing items that have long been sold is bad. GGG really needs to implement a better, in game, trading system.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    if ur buying stuff worth less than an ex, like maps or currencies, do bulk trading search minimum 5-10, this will show people with alot of the items and theyre more likely to be there/notafk/not price fixing

thats how im buying t7 arcades for 1c in bulk for my current mapping

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I've fully switched from PoE.trade as well. The GGG implementation is just a lot easier to use once you get the hang of it.

I'll try the bulk purchasing because the "random tier" map selection keeps picking maps I've already done. Even on 8 where I've only done 4, it keeps picking those 4. Out of 11 maps I've done, only 1 has been a new map.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    My experience with map buying is to use the official site bulk purchase search and only reach out to people with stock of that map greater than 2. The cheapest prices are always price fixed, which makes things more annoying as well.

Did my first red elder which was a tier 15. Smooth and easy kill. Dream fragments is a great ring to toss on for Elder - massive mana/ mana regen, tons of cold res, and cannot be chilled/cannot be frozen.

edited December 2018
    Saldonas wrote: »
    When I have to go through 10+ people before getting a response, I'd say trading is indeed as bad as I believe it is. Having to deal with buggy caching issues listing items that have long been sold is bad. GGG really needs to implement a better, in game, trading system.

The idea that we can set up "shops" in hideouts that will do all the transactions for us (priced, obvs) is a great one and one I wish they would implement.

How great would it be where you could pick any one of the vendors to chill in your hideout and do trades for you?

jungleroomx on
    then how am i suppose to haggle?!

J3qcnBP.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Loudly and angrily ?

edited December 2018
    as a canadian those words do not mean anything to me

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    as a canadian those words to not mean anything to me

Softly and considerately ?

have u met trudeau

J3qcnBP.png
    No, other then him being made fun of in south park. Not a political person in general.

my jokes fall flat without @Rius

J3qcnBP.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    have u met trudeau

Definitely a Doryani's Fist or Facebreakers build.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh.

Winter Orb does shotgun with multiple projectiles.

OH

Aegis on
    Characters
    Aegis wrote: »
    Oh.

Winter Orb does shotgun with multiple projectiles.

OH

One day totems will keep channeling skills when they reach max stacks and then winter orb totems will be hilarious

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Thanks all for the tips about buying maps from the bulk section, that seems to work so much better for me, usually I can actually buy maps from people after only 2-3 whispers instead of 10+

Mate.

That awkward moment when you have a Tier 3 gem room in the Temple, but no level 20 gems, so you use it on one of your level 19 gems in your weapon slot for your main skill, and it turns to a level 20.

*weeps*

Characters
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Patch notes are up.

The good: They're nerfing all syndicate members and reducing the amount of visual clutter on screen

The bad: No more Zana-ceptions in maps

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I got a 6 link. With res!
    Which means I can change this one ring to give me way more chaos res.
    And I should also double up on that by getting a better amulet with chaos res.
    So I can finally take off this stupid helmet and get a proper helmet.
    At which point I can finally run uber lab without feeling like i'm going to waste the enchantment.

You know those puzzles where you're trying to slide the car out of the parking lot, but all the other cars are blocking it and you have to shuffle the whole board to escape? That's how I feel about gearing in PoE. The worst part is im actually enjoying it, and I cant tell if that makes me insane or not.

Zenyatoo wrote: »
    and I cant tell if that makes me insane or not.

Stay sane, exile.

Characters
    Koreg wrote: »
    Patch notes are up.

The good: They're nerfing all syndicate members and reducing the amount of visual clutter on screen

The bad: No more Zana-ceptions in maps

Thank god.

It was just a green cloud with red bars and I had to figure out who I was hitting by watching how fast the life bars were receding, and whether I should deploy the vaal double strike bois or not.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Baby lab done, and finally got the build I want figured out in path of building so I can stop dithering around with minor stat nodes

Once I find some 5 link armor I can wear I can find out if its actually fun to play or not!

2x39jD4.jpg
    I decided to do some more delving. There was an abyssal depths that had fossils hidden behind a wall. I wasted a lot of flares trying to unlock it because I just really wanted to see what the abyssal depths actually entailed.

It was a stygian spire.
    It dropped a hollow fossil.
    Turns out those are worth like 80 chaos.

I used said chaos to buy 2 better rings, and a better amulet.
    So now I can get a better helmet. I'm going to miss having 106% chaos res though.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Question: Where the heck do you find the item linking recipes? I've been using the same gloves for 50 levels because it's the only pair I've found with the right links.

edited December 2018
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Question: Where the heck do you find the item linking recipes? I've been using the same gloves for 50 levels because it's the only pair I've found with the right links.

Delve appears to have all the vorici crafts. including # of sockets, color of sockets, and links. It's apparently relatively random where you'll find the # of link recipes.

EDIT: I should add that linking gloves is usually trivial, taking only a few fuses. If you're looking for specific colors or # of socket recipes, in order to do the socket trick or whatever those are also in delve.

Edit x2 combo: I just checked and I actually have the 4 linked and 5 linked socket crafts, as well as the 2-5 sockets crafts and several of the color crafts. If you need me to link some gloves for you I can.
    While we're on the subject of my in-game name, does the thread guild still have room? Because I would like an invite if there's a slot, thank you.
    IGN: Zenyatoo

Zenyatoo on
    When the patch hits apparently everyone needs to hit the opening of the mine up because theres supposedly some linking recipes that will be there, according to patch notes.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    At which point I can finally run uber lab without feeling like i'm going to waste the enchantment.

You know those puzzles where you're trying to slide the car out of the parking lot, but all the other cars are blocking it and you have to shuffle the whole board to escape? That's how I feel about gearing in PoE. The worst part is im actually enjoying it, and I cant tell if that makes me insane or not.

You will be happy to know that the Lab now includes a puzzle similar to your car moving annoyance.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    When the patch hits apparently everyone needs to hit the opening of the mine up because theres supposedly some linking recipes that will be there, according to patch notes.

Pretty sure that was in place last patch.

edited December 2018
    BTW, can someone explain the best way to trade? I've gone on both the official site and poe-trade and 90% of the time i see something i want i try sending a message and get a 'that character does not exist' message, even though they put the item up like 2 minutes ago. When i click the 'whisper' button on the official site it says copied, but shift-insert or middle mouse in game is not doing anything.

If anyone can sell me a glacier map that would be greaaaatt. I've been stuck on that damn map for 4 days now for the shaper questline.

P.S. I also want to buy 2 Fragility gems if anyone has them to sell.

azith28 on
    azith28 wrote: »
    BTW, can someone explain the best way to trade? I've gone on both the official site and poe-trade and 90% of the time i see something i want i try sending a message and get a 'that character does not exist' message, even though they put the item up like 2 minutes ago. When i click the 'whisper' button on the official site it says copied, but shift-insert or middle mouse in game is not doing anything.

If anyone can sell me a glacier map that would be greaaaatt. I've been stuck on that damn map for 4 days now for the shaper questline.

Ctrl V will paste the message

You will be happy to know that the Lab now includes a puzzle similar to your car moving annoyance.

I never do lab puzzles ever. I just rush through and then strugglebus my way through the izaro fight

Pretty sure that was in place last patch.

I feel like I have all the recipes they talked about added, so yeah, I think it's already in.

One thing you can do is try specifically to search under the "bulk item exchange"

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/exchange/Betrayal/GdYWgWib

I hope that link works.

Usually people bulk selling/buying are in their hideouts because they're busy being trade-lords. Rather than actively doing content with a sell tab.

I got a 21/22 Arc gem last night from the lapidary lens. Next I need to decide what to do with it. I am an Arc user, but I think an Inpulsa's would be more valuable for me at this point. Sadly, selling the gem for ~3 exalts would not quite get me all the way to the 7 exalts I need for an Inpulsa's.

Still, a great result! I'm leveling two more Arc gems so I can do it again eventually.

I also got really lucky and the boss of the temple dropped some gloves that sold for 1 ex! Incursion has been good to me this league.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Bulk item exchange just shows the issues with the trading system. Most of the times I want to buy maps it is singles. Definitely that way for 1c and sub 1c items. I know that of the 20+ 1c or 1a items when im looking for animated guardian items or leveling items are not all price fixing or the like. Its because the people cant be bothered with what they are doing after the first week or so. We have all done it. And "oh just go from the 1a to the 1-3c or buy in bulk and you will get them" is just adding to the problem. "Oh just spend 5 times what the map is worth or what you want to budget for them and you will get them".

I shelved my main guy until the patch because it kind of took the sails out of the grind if they are going to nerf it soon. I hate having to skip the guys if they get too buffed. I can usually do them it just takes forever sometimes with a tanky first class. But sometimes even with 60% block spell and attack and 90% phys reduction and 5.5k health I just get gibbed still. Took the time to start to level up winter's orb heiro. Works great and once I get the crit and such the projectiles go forever heh.

Jubal77 on
    You don't have to actually buy in bulk, just buy from folks with lots of stock

When you want a map and there are two maps up for 2c each and thirty maps up for 3c, you ain't getting it for 2c

edited December 2018
    @Spawnbroker I don't need to buy much (else) for my jugg that I'm leveling, just a rare helmet and belt and jewels, so I can loan you an exalt while I'm still leveling if it'll help you get to the inpulsas

Rius on