As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm not up to the suburban level yet but how viable would it be for a gift-delivering remix?

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    That surprise had better be the Santa suit coming back.

The entire Paris "Home Alone" mission could show back up again.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It says limited time the Paris Santa bit was a permanent addition.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They 100% need to bring Holiday Hoarders back

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Bring back Holiday Hoarders, but do something with the new maps, too.
    Santa would be the ultimate Elusive Target.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    without even knowing, I feel to my core that a hitman game has had you kill santa or at least someone dressed as santa before

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Yeah they need something for the new stages, but Holiday Hoarders never should have been "taken out" of the old maps

Also re:Santa
    Santa can appear magically in certain spots in the Holiday Hoarders mission, and you can jack his clothes. Or I guess kill him if you really want

Maddoc on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I really like this game. Already over 140 hours played, 100% of achievements, and all challenges completed in about half the missions. I even did all the damn Escalations, and I'd noped out of those pretty early in Season 1, aside from the clown/raven/cowboy ones that gave me unlocks.

Not a fan of Ghost Mode, though. Never won a single match because I always either lose or start to win but then my opponent mysteriously has connection issues. Also way to rush-focused when I prefer to be methodical.

Sniper Assassin is alright, I guess. It's gotten better now that I've leveled it up enough to have a good scope and such.

Overall, probably my GotY (though I haven't played RDR2 since it's not on PC yet).

My biggest complaint is still the stupid Elusive Targets. Let me replay them whenever I want, dammit. Stop spending money creating content and hiring voice actors for content I only get to spend 10-15 minutes on and then get locked out of forever.

For added bonus, check my post history and see that THIS was my most recent post before this one. I've got a lot of posts to catch up on in other threads (and also have still barely touched that Total Warhammer DLC due to lack of time and too much Hitman).
    cursedking wrote: »
    without even knowing, I feel to my core that a hitman game has had you kill santa or at least someone dressed as santa before

Both.
    Blood Money had a guy dressed as Santa. Hitman 2016 had actual magical Santa.

I want a Santa suit, and an exploding coal unlock item.

Finished the Classics challenges on Master difficulty on all maps, so now I don't have to worry about playing on Master anymore.

Colombia was the last SASO. Ended up going with...
    Electrocute Andrea in her Meeting Room.
    Feed Delgado to his hippo (I brought a meat bone with me so I wouldn't have to look for one).
    Lure the guy out of Jorge's building with the radio, subdue that guy and hide his body, then use his key to go inside and wait in a crate for Jorge. Then stab him to death with a screwdriver.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wish this game would stop hard crashing to desktop

no errors, no log as far as I can tell, it just boots me out of the game during certain actions

Was working on some misc. challenges today. Made a video of my Sniper Assassin run in Patient Zero.

It could have been a good bit quicker, but I was playing it as safe and foolproof as possible. Also had no NPCs get infected. It probably would have been Silent Assassin as well if I had gotten into the first target's room quicker, as I only didn't get it because he saw the body of the KO'd hazmat guy, and I'm pretty sure he's oblivious to the world if you don't give him time to stand up from his seat.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Holiday Hoarders returns!

Also I think there's an elusive target soon?

Plus, bonus patch notes https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-12/ this one is particularly welcome
    That Was Fast
    We’ve fixed an issue where saving and loading in Miami could cause the Global Innovation Race to end almost immediately. It was also confusing Diana a bit, so we had to fix it.

The Briefcase is still not fixed, hurrah!
    Briefcase
    Don’t worry, it’s not *that* fix. Instead, we’ve fixed an issue that was preventing some players from accessing the Aluminium Traveler Briefcase. Check your inventories…

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    I'm waiting for them to add the Briefcase Rifle.
    It's a rifle that you can hide in your briefcase, and it fires briefcases.
    Very slowly, at extremely long distances.

Holiday Hoarders returns...except it's only around for two weeks. And you can no longer save while playing it. And you have to complete all the challenges before it goes away if you want the Santa Suit. Even though the mission was permanent in Hitman 2016.

Fuck you too, IO. And that's from someone who had completed all but 7 challenges in the entire damn game (not counting Ghost Mode and whatever was added today).

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Holiday suit is still very silly out of context

Du3BfYeWoAAjXKh.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    Elusive target is up, and is a little different from previous ones.
    he spawns in different areas, of which I only know the first* one. I had it worked out and re-planned to change my loadout a smidge and he spawned somewhere else which was a little annoying because I didn't track him down again before restarting. I *think* that he moved to the mansion basement, but I'm not sure.

Pretty simple if you are quick off the mark and a bit lucky.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay. Got the Santa suit and also silent assassin on the ET. Now I’m working on master difficulty SOSA on levels.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Just picked this up; it might be even funner than the previous game. I'm playing with some of the hints off and trying to not just have everything thrown at me or looking at the challenges before getting a couple of kills in. Managed to nearly 100% all of the first mission but am waiting to get a sniper rifle I'm guessing.

. . .I laughed at myself though thinking I was so clever knocking out the mastery, silent assassin, etc.missions all in one go by placing a mine where Alma calls for her dog. . .and then going back and reading "No Bodes Found. . ."

Still the best puzzle game in existence and I legit tip my hat to those 1:30 Mastery Runs on the Leaderboard.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    First four missions done on master difficulty Suit Only Silent Assassin and Sniper Assassin.

Fuck Colorado though.

Colorado has a little too much security to be fun to me

I have obtained 100% of all obtainable Challenges...except the Ghost Mode ones. Fuck those challenges breaking my beautiful string of 100%s on the Career tab. I'll probably never get them unless someone with the Steam version wants to cheat them with me.

Now I'm passing the time by playing Hitman: Go, which I got for less than $2 during the Steam sale. It is a very solid game.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I'm I doing something wrong: Finish Line, do I need to start somehow at the Pit to get the young lady to actually come in for a pit stop?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    ED! wrote: »
    I'm I doing something wrong: Finish Line, do I need to start somehow at the Pit to get the young lady to actually come in for a pit stop?

If you want to install something on her car? There's a thing in the garage you interact with (near the garage doors that lead out onto the track), and it will have three things you can fiddle with (put sugar in her gas tank, put a bomb on her car, or mess with her tires if you have that tool). Once you choose one, it will automatically start the pit stop.

You can do the same thing to Moses Lee.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I ended up really liking colorado

There's a surprising amount of little nooks that are just out of sight, while still being in the middle of busy thoroughfares

Lalabox on
    Trying to do this master SASO on colorado is really showing me how glitchy this game can be. Do the exact same thing and one time a guy will hear a silenced gunshot from another room and investigate and another time he will just stand there oblivious with no change on my part.

It is becoming quite annoying.

Gunshots do appear to be a bit glitchy at the moment (especially sniper rifles), but you can try using the Krugermeyer as your pistol since it has a much smaller sound radius than other silenced handguns and see if that helps.

I finally got it. After failing to do any of the guides online I modified it. Took out the robot arm lady with the hay bale as most have you do then got into the basement and proceeded to lure everyone on the first floor of the house into the basement with coins until I had both the other lady and the main dude down lured down.

Main dude comes down right away if you throw a coin at the top of the stairs as he fixes his clock. Second lady only comes down if you knock out the other three guys she sends down first. Obviously mask dude took a bullet on entering the basement as per his usual route.

It wasn't perhaps as sophisticated as some people but it got the job done for the SASO.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    January update is live on Steam:

If you got the gold edition, the first content update for Hitman 2 is live and includes:
    • Winter Sports Suit: A tight-fitting, multi-colored thin sweater with matching dark grey cargo pants featuring reinforced knees. Neoprene-laced gloves and a matching canteen ensures you will fit right in at any ski-themed event.
    • Snowball: A ball made of snow. Can be thrown at anyone to really annoy them.
    • Piton: Metal spike used for climbing. Sharp enough to use as a lethal weapon.
    • Quickdraw: Climbing gear which can double as a fiber wire in tight situations.
    • Arctic Tool Box: A toolbox for arctic climate. Can be used to hide illegal items.

additionally, the Snow Festival is live:
    HITMAN 2: Snow Festival

Celebrate the Winter season at the HITMAN 2 Snow Festival in Hokkaido and throw snowballs at your target in a new mission! Starting on January 21 and through February 12, The Snow Festival brings winter-themed items and the Snow Master Challenge Pack that rewards two new unlocks: The Ice Pick and The Snow Festival Suit!

January 21st: For HITMAN 2 players who own the Legacy Pack, The Snow Festival will be available via the Hokkaido Legacy location for the duration of the event. The Snow Festival Suit and Ice Pick are permanently unlocked for anyone who unlocks them during the event.

January 22nd: For anyone that doesn’t own HITMAN 2, the entire Hokkaido Legacy Location (including the Snow Festival) can be downloaded and enjoyed for the duration of the event. This free trial will be available to download on January 22nd at 13 UTC for Xbox One and PS4 players and 18 UTC for PC players. The trial will end at the same times on February 12.
    Progress will carry over to the main game.

and a bunch of changes and fixes, like
    Hector and Sheikh

We’ve fixed an issue where Hector and Sheikh Salman al-Ghazali were in a dialogue loop where they constantly repeated the same conversation in Miami.

thank god

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

More time-limited content?

Dammit, IO, let me play the game on my schedule and not yours. I preordered the damn thing.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Well, it is a seasonal event type thing. But yeah, no harm letting it be played any time.

The snow thing is really short, nothing like as fiddly to complete the challenges as the Holiday Hoarders either, so not bad on that front. I did spend 15 minutes scouring Hokkaido for a car battery for the last challenge though, as always it was in literally the last place on the map.

There's a new Elusive Target as well, very easy to SA if you've got the last level unlocked a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJnXhwNzlo

7qmGNt5.png
    edited January 2019
    Where is the bag of gunpowder for the canon on the Isle of Sgail?

Edit: Nevermind, found it on youtube finally.

Xeddicus on
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh damn, it's the densest map, and the one I played the least

that might go horribly wrong for me

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

I love it when targets have a habit of having a quiet smoke next to highly flammable objects. It's right up there next to standing over perilous drops without witnesses around.

Now I have to work out what to do to get her in front of the canon, bah.

Maybe the master of ceremonies story mission, was that her....

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I have two dumb questions

1. Can I leap into Hitman 2 without playing 1? (Though I realize I can get 1 for free on PSN this month)

2. Can you create custom scenarios? Can I pick a level, assign and name targets, specify weapon usage? Upload it for other to play Mario Maker style?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The story's not that important, you can definitely just jump into 2

And yeah there's a mode that's basically what youre describing

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Awesome! And Hitman 2 is on sale! Guess I’m finally giving this series a whirl.