As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    dont get into debt with @Rius

hes a loan shark

J3qcnBP.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    One of the things that I'm really liking about this league is that there's so much to do. Every couple of maps I get to delve, or run a temple or safe house. Really helps break up the monotony of mapping.

Brand witch is about to hit 80 and I haven't had any passive tree goals for like ten levels. Thinking I'm going to run up and grab the second curse key Stone so I can run enfeeble and warlord's mark with my herald of thunder.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    @Spawnbroker I don't need to buy much (else) for my jugg that I'm leveling, just a rare helmet and belt and jewels, so I can loan you an exalt while I'm still leveling if it'll help you get to the inpulsas

I prefer not to borrow money, I'll just get it on my own eventually. I don't like to have a commitment in a game that I have to pay someone back when I might get distracted by another game and just never log in for the rest of the league.

And I don't want Rius to show up at my house with a baseball bat.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Current build will be passive-tree-done at 93, the last 5 levels being jewels and Vaal Pact once I get a Starforge.

I lucked out getting a +7% life, crit chance and crit multiplier jewel a few days ago for 2c on trade. I think the two-handed crit chance is what killed the price.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Also I need a 6L something I haven't decided on yet.

Bronns Lithe or Loreweave.

I think Loreweave will put me up well past 40% crit chance and if I socket a crit support it'll be even higher, but I'm also over 300% crit damage and I'm wondering if I should go crit damage support or faster attacks for my 6th.

jungleroomx on
    Crit multi is the true op

crit chance is bad since diamond flasks exist

J3qcnBP.png
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

I refuse to crit multi, you cant make me. I'll take the elemental overload node, you just watch me, by god i'll do it.

edited December 2018
    EO is stupid good

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Love making use of "clever" filter options when trying to find something on the trade website. I was looking for new boots, and my initial search included a life roll. Prices started in the 40c range! Then changed my search to exclude boots with a life roll and an open prefix and found similar boots that I could craft life on to for 4c.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Buying cheap things that people haven't crafted on and making them worth way more with crafts is one of PoE's greatest joys

Also a joy are the clutch annuls

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Its also much more difficult this league. At least from what I have seen. People be buying up all the craftable items quick.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    EO is stupid good

before I started this league I decided I was going arc totem because arc is good and I had never done totems before. The very first build I looked at for totems had this monstrosity of a tree/item setup that lead to elemental overload looking like this on path of building.
    bAASlQX.jpg

I refused to play a build that used elemental damage without elemental overload, so I had to go through and rip out all these dumb crit multi nodes and gear and replace them with good, clean, god-fearing lightning damage/spell damage/elemental damage things.

edited December 2018

I'll put my diamond flask in my 2nd flask spot (reserved for heat potions), Lions Roar and Soul Ripper, then Chaos Res with Warding last. Soul Ripper with my Vaal Double Bois would be nastier than it already is.

Solid combo, but I should also have a granite with dousing for certain fights.

jungleroomx on
    I'm not too worried about Ignite unless I get it at the end of a fight.

My life leech is ridic at the moment. Once I get Vaal Pact and some more DPS it'll be 5000+ HP per hit.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    arc is just... the game is so easy.

which is how I want it so, yay. now I feel like I can't imagine not playing a caster/projectile based character, and specifically one where the skill itself jumps to the far reaches so I don't have to chase down each mob.

it's just so good.

also dual wielding maces to cast lightning is fun for some reason

Saldonas wrote: »
    Love making use of "clever" filter options when trying to find something on the trade website. I was looking for new boots, and my initial search included a life roll. Prices started in the 40c range! Then changed my search to exclude boots with a life roll and an open prefix and found similar boots that I could craft life on to for 4c.

I have so much ... like, everything... to learn about what is a prefix and how item rolls work. I am actually finally starting to feel like I want to which is great, it was always something I internally refused to care about in the past but I am kind of getting excited to get that kind of deep deep in

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Arc is what a lot of projectile skills could feel like if the Chain and Fork gems didn't have such stiff damage penalties

Variable wrote: »
    arc is just... the game is so easy.

which is how I want it so, yay. now I feel like I can't imagine not playing a caster/projectile based character, and specifically one where the skill itself jumps to the far reaches so I don't have to chase down each mob.

it's just so good.

also dual wielding maces to cast lightning is fun for some reason

Saldonas wrote: »

I have so much ... like, everything... to learn about what is a prefix and how item rolls work. I am actually finally starting to feel like I want to which is great, it was always something I internally refused to care about in the past but I am kind of getting excited to get that kind of deep deep in

It sort of comes with progressing later in the game. Once I got to Tier 10 maps or so the first time, I started thinking...ok what do I need for my build to progress further than that? Obviously my chase unique items are good. But what about the rare slots? If I'm using a lot of unique items, my rares need to be better to compensate for my lack of life and resists...so what would a rare amulet look like to be good for me? And then extrapolate that out for all of the "meta" builds right now and you start to get an idea of what your items look like that are worth multiple exalts.

Even better is if you happen to roll an affix that is hard to get PLUS all the standard stuff. Atzoatl is great for this, as there are some affixes that will spawn on items in there that you can't get anywhere else.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    makes sense to me, spawn, that's sort of how I figured I'd eventually get over the hump. thanks as always.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Heh you think Arc Totems are strong now you should have seen them pre shimmer nerf.

edited December 2018
    I have to say a cyclone/leap slam build is probably the most fun I've had in this game outside of Consecrated Path.

There's just something exuberant about the melee builds that ranged (and especially summoner) don't have for me. Maybe it's the way your life bar looks like a single channel from a graphic equalizer while playing death metal?

jungleroomx on
    Oh oh, also! Holding ALT while hovering over an item is your best friend. Rares can roll 3 prefixes + 3 suffixes, and ALT will tell you the rolls and tiers they rolled.

Some items have combo affixes, which means a single affix gives multiple benefits on the item. These are sometimes called "hybrid" rolls and they can deceptively make you think your item is full on affixes when it actually has an open slot.

edited December 2018
    One of the most fun builds I ever did was pre nerf Queen of the Forrest max evasion/speed ranger with cyclone. Didnt even need leap slap it slowed you down heh.

Jubal77 on
    I think you have to enable the advanced tooltips though for alt to work.

edited December 2018
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    One of the most fun builds I ever did was pre nerf Queen of the Forrest max evasion/speed ranger with cyclone. Didnt even need leap slap it slowed you down heh.

I'm lovin the Scion version of it. You get some of the Raider Onslaught stuff and some of the Slayer leech stuff and it's just a magical blue and purple whirl of death.

jungleroomx on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    There I was talking to myself that I should just play saboteurs from now on because I enjoy it more and how I will go back to gc if they need arc. Then the game drops an exulted orb. Guess it agrees.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm running Raider atm with 7 frenzy charges, so +49% movespeed when those are up. A couple more levels and I can use Darkray Vectors to bring that up to +88%. I wish I could run Snakebites on this build, but having -120% frenzy charge duration when base is 146% isn't a sound plan.

Oh shit, I could use Rotgut + Daresso's defiance to get a +100% onslaught and turn my frenzy charges into onslaught.

Do you guys think I should go for Avatar of the Veil or Avatar of the Chase with this build? Veil gives Phase, elemental status immunity, total of 72% dodge (with vectors/dodge) and 50% spell dodge. Chase gives me another 100% onslaught and better evasion instead of dodge. I'm leaning towards veil because that much dodge sounds sexy.

Dodge is 100% better than evasion

J3qcnBP.png
    Elemental status immunity is very nice indeed.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Dodge is random. You will get your % to dodge like any rng roll with no restrictions, which can be great or terrible.

Evasion is pseudorandom: you will get hit. The game alters your actual evade rate based on whether you previously evaded or got hit to ensure that you evade as close to your listed % as possible.

So yea, Dodge is preferable as your layered defense.

The best defense still remains movespeed and dps, though.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Aegis wrote: »
    Dodge is random. You will get your % to dodge like any rng roll with no restrictions, which can be great or terrible.

Evasion is pseudorandom: you will get hit. The game alters your actual evade rate based on whether you previously evaded or got hit to ensure that you evade as close to your listed % as possible.

Also a fuckload of life/ES.

Movespeed will save you from instagibs.

You can stack high evasion you just need to stack something else with it (typically lots of dodge/spell dodge), and also lots of life recovery

Kintsugi is a cool chestpiece, there's also that helmet that gives you burst healing when you take a big hit

Rius wrote: »
    You can stack high evasion you just need to stack something else with it (typically lots of dodge/spell dodge), and also lots of life recovery

Kintsugi is a cool chestpiece, there's also that helmet that gives you burst healing when you take a big hit

Kintsugi is *this* close to being amazing and a top tier chestpiece like Inna's or Loreweave.

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I've learned that I cannot just leech through the pain no matter how hard I try. Also this frost blades / dual strike shadow for league starter may have not been the best idea.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    If you want to play with Evasion as one of your defensive layers, the best option is undoubtedly The Perfect Form

It raises Evasion by your uncapped cold resistance, so if you have 175% uncapped cold resistance than you get 175% more evasion, globally. I've had like 70% chance to evade with it on a blade flurry character.

It also gives you free Phase Acrobatics and free Arctic Armour, so you get 30% spell dodge and 13% less physical and fire damage taken

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

I'm picking up Phase Acrobatics regardless of anything else, so I will have a layered defense. Looking at unique, I'm tempted to run Hopeshredder as a bow and now I can't decide between Hyrri's Ire or Daresso's Defiance. Either will push me to capped attack dodge, and Hyrri's will push me up to 60% spell dodge along and almost double my DPS, while Daresso's will give me a double strength onslaught, 60-90 life, and randomly endurance charges.

Man, I haven't had this much fun theory crafting in forever.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    A story in three acts:

Act 1: Oh goddamnit, another unique bow? I must have every single one of them at this point.

Act 2: Oh, Windripper's actually worth money. Sweet, 40c is pretty decent.

Act 3:
    OCEv6Sa.jpg

12 fusings :rotate:

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    I still have yet to 6L something with fusings. I mean I guess I havent tried hard but I have dumped a whole league of fusings at one piece.

well now it's worth considerably more lol

It feels like map drops have been nerfed this season