As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I can remember one or two in person Santa-ings in the past, but they are few and far between.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My Santa has said one more thing is on the way, so delaying my post.

YL9WnCY.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    My Santa has said one more thing is on the way, so delaying my post.

I think it'll be there Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm not sure what will happen when the tracking updates.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    A warning to all! Make sure you check the address you are sending stuff to.
    I'm a goob and didn't check the shipping address from amazon.ca and apparently I ordered stuff from amazon.ca that is now going to try and make its way here.
    Thought I totally changed the shipping address. I even had his address saved!

Also glad you guys met up and hopefully had a good time! My wife had asked about matching santee's up that were nearby and I said go for it!

PSN: jfrofl
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    It took a little bit, but I think I've finally put together a box of fun things. Now, the tricky part:

5w7o8acb7qlj.png

🤔

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My G&T Secret Santa hasn't revealed themselves yet. :bigfrown:

I'm interested in knowing if they also sent me the Old Man's War book, which by the way has been very interesting. I just got to the part where:
    "It was me, only 50 years younger."

Look, don't make me get @Radiation involved here! Speaking of ole' Radiation, here's a video of the cutting board I sent @Madpoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txtrku9RXAA
    (jump to 4:05 to bypass all the excess talking and see the board in action)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Oh nice! Also dangit. I totally forgot to add a juice trough/moat thing on my cutting board. I made 2 this year (well one was a serving tray).
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/4fktJWDZMGdcThAq6

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm still working on my top secret Santee project, hopefully I can get it done in time before the new year! If I can make enough time, I may be able to make a ton of progress this weekend/Christmas and get it sent soon after.

(Also I already sent stuff, so this isn't' the only thing)

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Santa USPS tried to deliver your joy this morning at 8:58am, and obviously I wasn't home. And since it requires a signature I need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow. Sorry to make you wait!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Final package was delivered four days ago, hopefully it was santee who received it!

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif
    Last week, my generous Secret Santa shed the veil of secrecy... because apparently we work like 2 blocks apart or something. Advantages of not having to stick stuff in the mail while a postal strike is going on? Massive.

And thus, a patient and generous soul, we met near a local Starbucks, where all proper drug deals and gift exchanges between strangers should take place. All kidding aside, it was immensely appreciated that they took time not just out of their schedule to pick and obtain the gift, but to hand deliver it. How many people here get personal hand delivery? Very few, I imagine. Oh sure, hundreds or thousands of miles might make that impractical, but still, a one of a kind experience in and of itself!

And so, below my beloved tree, containing ornaments nerdy and non, from this year to others from when I was but a baby, the present was tucked with others that have been coming in.
    6n7xn0zrxc4d.jpg

"I could just look at it now, but I should save it." I said to myself.
    2z7icfgmsemb.jpg

.... "the waiting game sucks, let's do this!"
    x6f011jx2odb.jpg

uhvkg9cunque.jpg

Thank you, @theoriginalz, for your thoughtful and generous gift. My love of Lego and Star Wars make this a perfect gift. All the best to you and those near to you over the holidays!

Edit: damnit, on Windows all of those files together are like 1.7 megs, they're 2-3 times the size here on the forums. One sec while I clean up this 5+ meg mess.

I really tried finding something that sorta looked like the taxi vehicles in ME and this was the closest thing. Enjoy!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
    But was there drugs

they were gone before Forar got the bag. ;)

Big Classy wrote: »
    Final package was delivered four days ago, hopefully it was santee who received it!

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

It did arrive! I was literally telling my fiancee that I'll need a charge dock and sure enough, one falls on my lap. I have everything I need to get started when Switch time arrives! I don't have a picture in all of it's glory - but this is what greeted me. pro-charger.jpg

Thank you for the wonderful gifts! :biggrin:

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Yay! I actually did order a switch but then remembered you mention it as a thing you were getting for your birthday so figured multiple gifts were better than just a console! And i also bought one for myself so it was a sort of "oh he's going to live this!" thing. Hopefully birthday isn't far off so you can experience the wonder of the switch!

@Big Classy bday is Jan 31! ;)

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Gifts dispatched! Hope they make it before Christmas!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I found my old picture!

Edit: Is it not animated?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Gifts have been sent!

Now we wait...

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

I had Santa @see317 (with a little help from our friends).

I got a huge box! Yes there was taffy but there was so much more. I got:

Toys for my puppies (bonus action pictures of the slaughter in the album)
    Personalized ornaments for my dogs (I got a little weepy)
    Chocolate oranges
    A fidgit puzzle
    A book trilogy
    A hollow book
    The Bravely games (I have beaten both bit oddly enough I was about to rebuy them for another play through so ... good timing lol)

https://m.imgur.com/a/35jyA2l

Thank you so very much Santa!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Great to see it arrived @Elin.
    Looking through your post history about your dogs, I doubt those toys will make it a week, but the box had space so... what other choice was there? Anyway, I'm glad to see them being enjoyed before being de-fluffed, and apologize for the inevitable fluffy mess.

I'd also like to thank @MNC Dover for helping out when it looked like I shouldn't sign up this year. It's a great feeling to be told that I'm not allowed to to bow out of this.
    Also, a nother big thanks to @Radiation and/or Mrs. Radiation for hooking me up with a local Santa so I wasn't shipping taffy and the rest over seas.
    The puppers after my Photoshop 101 level hackery. It was a pretty fun little project to do.
    bxet954gfj6g.png

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Looking through your post history about your dogs, I doubt those toys will make it a week, but the box had space so... what other choice was there? Anyway, I'm glad to see them being enjoyed before being de-fluffed, and apologize for the inevitable fluffy mess.

I'd also like to thank @MNC Dover for helping out when it looked like I shouldn't sign up this year. It's a great feeling to be told that I'm not allowed to to bow out of this.
    Also, a nother big thanks to @Radiation and/or Mrs. Radiation for hooking me up with a local Santa so I wasn't shipping taffy and the rest over seas.
    The puppers after my Photoshop 101 level hackery. It was a pretty fun little project to do.
    bxet954gfj6g.png

Actually, the beagle killed the first one within 30 minutes. I put the other 2 up to be destroyed at a later time. 😀

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

bxet954gfj6g.png

No problem @see317! It's completely unacceptable for you not to be delivering taffy during this time of the year. And that's quite a bit of stuff you sent @Elin, certainly more funding than I hooked you up with. :wink:

I've been a part of this community for just over 10 years now. Everyone here is awesome and deserves to have the very holiday they can. If I can help out, you're darn right I will. For me, that's a big part of what being PA is all about! As long as I can, I'll gladly hook up people here.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Great to see it arrived Elin.

I'd also like to thank "MNC Dover" for helping out when it looked like I shouldn't sign up this year. It's a great feeling to be told that I'm not allowed to to bow out of this.
    Also, another big thanks to Radiation and/or Mrs. Radiation for hooking me up with a local Santa so I wasn't shipping taffy and the rest over seas.
    bxet954gfj6g.png

No problem see317! It's completely unacceptable for you not to be delivering taffy during this time of the year. And that's quite a bit of stuff you sent Elin, certainly more funding than I hooked you up with. :wink:

I've been a part of this community for just over 10 years now. Everyone here is awesome and deserves to have the very holiday they can. If I can help out, you're darn right I will. For me, that's a big part of what being PA is all about! As long as I can, I'll gladly hook up people here.

To be honest, more than a few gifts were from my collection, and living near a used media store does have some benefits. I hope that pre-owned gifts aren't considered too severe of a yule tide faux pas.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Booo! I missed out on this year's Secret Santa!

Probably for the best as I'm now retiring from the Army and getting everything situated at our 'forever' home and school started again soon!

Now I gotta go back through the last 11 pages and see what you all have done for each other this year!

Edit* I just looked and my name was on the stolen mass callout from last year, but I didn't get the notification! Booooo Christmas is RUINED!

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    I will be making a fuller post later, once I figure out how to direct link to photos on my Google Drive (which I'm finding may actually not be possible?), but Santa @Frem's package arrived!

steam_sig.png

Santee even though I said Monday clearly USPS lied. It left Cincinnati at midnight this morning. I hope it reaches you in time.

edited December 2018
    I will be making a fuller post later, once I figure out how to direct link to photos on my Google Drive (which I'm finding may actually not be possible?), but Santa @Frem's package arrived!

Imgur is a good image host. Google sometimes gets more complicated than it's worth.

You can also change your links to include a lower case L before the .jpg and it makes a smaller image great for forums.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa: I got your message! I hope I'm able to get all of them before I head out of town for a few days (there was potential talk of our trip being extended from the 23rd through New Year's, but I don't think that's happening now).

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png

Oh-boy.gif

ArcSyn wrote: »

Imgur is a good image host. Google sometimes gets more complicated than it's worth.

You can also change your links to include a lower case L before the .jpg and it makes a smaller image great for forums.

Yeah I usually use Imgur but I just took the photos on my phone and was trying to figure out an easy way to get it from my phone to my PC. I want the post to look nice, too. Posting straight from my phone makes that difficult.

I'll get to this post some time this week.

steam_sig.png

To post images from your google drive, share the picture in a share album. Right click on the picture from the share album and copy image address. Then you can past that with [ img ] tags around it here.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Santee's gifts have been ordered and they're going to be in right before X-Mas,

I been a bad Santa, since I hadn't gotten chance to really stalk, but finally did it.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

So after a rousing session of phone games after a nap, I finally wandered out of my room to see what was going on, and lo and behold, a wild package had appeared on my doorstep!

First, of course, came the usual security sweep, conducted by Keeper:
    gcgElFY.jpg?1

Now that it's passed through security cleanly, time to see what's inside...
    gshnudD.jpg

That's an awful lot of paper and little air bags- oh, well, at least the cats will be pleased with that! Let's just get in here and do a little rummaging...
    dirUVHJ.jpg

Two neatly-wrapped packages. I wonder what could be inside? Though Security did come sniffing around the box again, and ended up confiscating it for... reasons. (Also, obligatory cat post is obligatory!)
    "Sorry, hoomin. But I fits, so I has to sits."
    CfkM8Mb.jpg

No matter. Let's see what's in the first one! Hmmm... this one says... "Open First"...
    A wild BLU-RAY PLAYER! I know, I'm terribly behind the tech curve these days. It's also been years, and I still hadn't gotten around to upgrade my DVD player! This will be put to good use, for sure!
    eTniDXK.jpg

And the second package...?
    Season 4 of Game of Thrones! Time to get back into the story- and with a nifty little magnet, too!
    qY4uOOi.jpg

All in all, it was a nifty little package- but Santa didn't put their name on it (except for their real name, which I'm not letting get out!

Below, a picture of everything included!
    q8pJIzB.jpg

Thanks again!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Did you ever have a PS3?

steam_sig.png

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Did you ever have a PS3?

Nope. I've just kept my PS2 for years and years and keep hoping it doesn't break down. My highest consoles of every iteration were the Wii, the PS2, and the XBox 360.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    I think I have the bluray model before that one, and it's excellent! When I want to get fancy watching Netflix, I use it to get 1080, since my roku maxes at 720.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    @JaysonFour Yay! It got there in one piece. I couldn't find a smaller box to fit everything so I had to cram it with as much paper as I can. And, of course, after I sent it out I realized that I didn't put my forum name anywhere in there! I hope you enjoy your show... I'm not sure if I could have let the "don't have a blu-ray player" go so that was the first thing that I had to buy. :) I hope you and your niece have a very happy holidays!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Did you ever have a PS3?

Nope. I've just kept my PS2 for years and years and keep hoping it doesn't break down. My highest consoles of every iteration were the Wii, the PS2, and the XBox 360.

You missed a loooooot of jrpgs.

wVEsyIc.png
  • vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    Santa I did get my gift today in the mail. I will have time tomorrow to get that sucker opened up and post pictures.

Oh my GOD Santa you've seriously outdone yourself.. I'm in tears. Post incoming.