As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What do you do [chat]?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    who are the grown adults who are just like

I will steal this box

on the one hand

right?

on the other hand

i’ve known some pretty garbage grown adults

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    who are the grown adults who are just like

I will steal this box

They have nice houses and cars and shit too

Smdab

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    My dad started getting those meal kits because he's 70 and is finally getting kicked into actually doing cooking by my mom, and Jesus every recipe is oil and salt. What's the point of cooking at home if it's just as unhealthy as eating out

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    My dad started getting those meal kits because he's 70 and is finally getting kicked into actually doing cooking by my mom, and Jesus every recipe is oil and salt. What's the point of cooking at home if it's just as unhealthy as eating out

um oil and salt are good

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Salt is delicious.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Salt is delicious.

The tears of my enemies.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    oil and salt are the two ingredients for life on this planet

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

it's still significantly less oil and salt than what is at a restaurant. It being healthy doesn't mean it has to taste bad.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    today my boss tried to tell me what to do and I almost blew a gasket

turns out that working independently for about 10 years on research stuff makes you sort of bad at being an emloyee

but like, how dare he

fortunately he eventually read the room and entrusted me with project planning/technical direction which I think he had originally intended to dictate, and instead just ended up wasting two hours of my time with a meeting about...I don't know, the conceptual questions of my project? "storyboarding"--which obviously I already had in place mentally cause I'm not an idiot. But the younger consultant thought that was a useful meeting so for her sake maybe it was good we had it? I would have rather just spent 15 mins writing it out and distributing it to the manager and younger consultant though rather than going through "brainstorming"

a worry i have is i now have a new boss whom i probably can’t just tell to go fuck himself when i strongly disagree with his dumb ideas haha

yeah but you can just like

check out and think about how you can just fly to Vegas tomorrow and see a show and it won't even hit your budget

so i wouldn't worry too much

sig.gif
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    i just read an article in teen vogue and science says if a guy makes prolonged eye contact he probably just wants to be pals but if he glances at your boobs he’s probably attracted to you

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I mean, why would a friend need help

I don't choose incompetent friends

What am I, incompetent?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That guy should have snuck in a video that made it look like a giant talking squirrel stole the package. Or like a yard gnome.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i just read an article in teen vogue and science says if a guy makes prolonged eye contact he probably just wants to be pals but if he glances at your boobs he’s probably attracted to you

shit

no wonder i'm not getting results

sig.gif
  • Options
    if everyone else in the room seems competent...

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

What am I, incompetent?

is this a rhetorical question

sig.gif
  • Options

if you meet incompetent people all day...

sig.gif
  • Options

What am I, incompetent?

is this a rhetorical question

For the sake of my self-esteem, yes please :P

• Options
    edited December 2018

You work in IT or retail?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

You work in IT?

this works on both levels, well done

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ppups your signature right now is a quote of Shazkar saying "I eat a lot of cookies guys, trust me" and I need no further context, it just makes me smile

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i can't even comprehend the mental space people would be in to see a package on a porch, stop, reverse your car, and go take it

i understand that makes me sound probably ridiculously naive but like....what kind of savage do you have to fucking be to do that shit and then get mad about a prank package that you stole

• Options
    Ppups your signature right now is a quote of Shazkar saying "I eat a lot of cookies guys, trust me" and I need no further context, it just makes me smile

shaz is brilliant, benards

sig.gif
  • Options
    I was talking to my brother earlier and I mentioned my new phone, and how it was disheartening that, during setup, I was asked in so many words if I was cool with them selling all of my data to other people

"Like if I press 'No', does that mean they won't do it? Or does that just acknowledge that I'm not cool with it, but they're gonna do it anyway?"

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    My Rubik's cube average solve time is down to about 40 seconds. I'm working on colour neutrality and have blue- and green-face solves down to the point where they don't feel weird anymore, which just leaves red and orange to go. Then I'll just do a dozen solves on each face every day to reinforce it until they're all roughly the same speed.

Cubing is a nerdy hobby, but it impresses normal people more than my heroic Argus kill, so that's nice.

• Options
    Package theft, even with my criminal mindset, just seems like a dangerous game

Like 9 times out of 10 people are ordering absolute nonsense that I have no interest in and probably have minimal sale / resale value

Which means its a volume game, and anytime you have to do a crime several times to get results, your chances of being caught increase dramatically!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Monolid is a weird term compared to just non-creased eyelid or whatever.

• Options
    James wrote: »
    My Rubik's cube average solve time is down to about 40 seconds. I'm working on colour neutrality and have blue- and green-face solves down to the point where they don't feel weird anymore, which just leaves red and orange to go. Then I'll just do a dozen solves on each face every day to reinforce it until they're all roughly the same speed.

Cubing is a nerdy hobby, but it impresses normal people more than my heroic Argus kill, so that's nice.

That is pretty neat!

I have no idea how solving a Rubik's cube quickly is even learned, so feel free to mention more of the process as you go along

Although 40 seconds is already freaky fast, that's fast enough that you can use it to illustrate a point while giving a pithy speech about order from chaos

• Options

Like 9 times out of 10 people are ordering absolute nonsense that I have no interest in and probably have minimal sale / resale value

Which means its a volume game, and anytime you have to do a crime several times to get results, your chances of being caught increase dramatically!

So.... in order to get anything good you would have to go on some sort of criminal activity spree?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Stealing someone's package off their porch is the only true lootbox.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

So.... in order to get anything good you would have to go on some sort of criminal activity spree?

Like anything else, the trick to a successful crime career is moderation

You want to run a crime marathon, not a crime sprint!

• Options

Stealing someone's package off their porch is the only true lootbox.

It's the cheapest microtransaction there is

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I assumed package thefts were usually crimes of opportunity where they aren't going out to steal packages but notice an easily stolen package and decide to go for the crime lottery.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

I saw this in the morning. The engineering on it is superb! And the package theives made me v mad.

Jesus Christ

this guy is like a Law Abiding Citizen waiting to happen

I am incredibly impressed

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »

Like anything else, the trick to a successful crime career is moderation

You want to run a crime marathon, not a crime sprint!

A crime steeplechase, as it were.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    I assumed package thefts were usually crimes of opportunity where they aren't going out to steal packages but notice an easily stolen package and decide to go for the crime lottery.

Just, like, how many times is it "Y-yay ... I stole somebody's tampons...", do you think? :P

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    That glitter bomb thing is perfect

Package theft is bad but at the end of the day that seems like an appropriate punishment, just freaking them out and making a huge mess they have to clean up

It’s probably the least disruptive kind of stealing a person can do, but it’s still bad

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I saw this in the morning. The engineering on it is superb! And the package theives made me v mad.

Jesus Christ

this guy is like a Law Abiding Citizen waiting to happen

I am incredibly impressed

TBF it's a short road from powered glitter bomb to t-bone in the throat.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.