As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah, the Odin fight came out, and there is no Odin magicite to be seen. He’s largely just a capstone challenge to put a lid on this era of content. A sufficiently ridiculous one, from what I’ve heard. He apparently rivals/exceeds the part 3 Torments.

Should be interesting to see what comes next, provided the game doesn’t implode with the end of Magicite, of course.

I'm dreading it's something tuned for AASBs.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Odin fight came out, and there is no Odin magicite to be seen. He’s largely just a capstone challenge to put a lid on this era of content. A sufficiently ridiculous one, from what I’ve heard. He apparently rivals/exceeds the part 3 Torments.

Should be interesting to see what comes next, provided the game doesn’t implode with the end of Magicite, of course.

I'm dreading it's something tuned for AASBs.

If it is, I hope it sticks around forever like Magicite, rather than vanishing like Zeromus. OTOH, stuff like Zeromus and Kaiser Dragon reward almost nothing but the milestone, so I guess that’s fine.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    That Odin fight is definitely tuned for AASBs; as the fight progresses, it appears that he starts putting on three "stacks" of enrage mode at the same time, so you have to hit him with multiple cap-breaking abilities to peel off all the extra defense. One turn with an AASB active will peel two or three (depending on whether you get a %-chance doublecast to go off or not), good luck trying to chop through all of that with OSBs.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    VII: Tifa LMR1

Boo. New at least. Got both of her LMRs now.

• Options
    Always pull on VII.

1/3: Cait Sith burst.

never pull on VII.

In all seriousness, this thing has its place. Not sure how much of a place it has, when I have Ninja Onion, but an ATK/MAG/Crit buff on a full strength bard/dancer should be useable.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    2/3, no disco

Aerith BSB2 (which...might give me a complete Aerith minus LMR?)
    Barret burst. Dont' care enough to get numbers.

Eh, +10 MND for Aerith when I've got her USB2 - sure

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Cid lmr

This bad lmr curse is really rough. 4 in a row rn.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    barret USB

that's... not bad, actually

he gets machinist!

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Rude BSB. Not bad for a 5*, really.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Always pull on VII.

never pull on VII.

In all seriousness, this thing has its place. Not sure how much of a place it has, when I have Ninja Onion, but an ATK/MAG/Crit buff on a full strength bard/dancer should be useable.

It pairs amazingly well with Zack wind chain and Cloud for some FF7 realm synergy torment shenanigans.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Always pull on VII.

never pull on VII.

It pairs amazingly well with Zack wind chain and Cloud for some FF7 realm synergy torment shenanigans.

Unless you're using Cloud USB 1, as you could overwrite his 100% crit chance with a 50% if you get you recasts mistimed.

• Options
    Sadly, I ain't got that thing for Zack. It might be neat to try the VII torment with Cait Sith anyway, maybe bringing in Ramza as a ringer with B2 and Chant.

• Options
    Aeris USB2

fistpump.jpg

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I love how dr mog dances in the edge of being useful. Shiva does fixed damage. You know saying shiva deals 9989989998 damage would be a bit more useful.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Rude USB. This was a real early one, wasn't it

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    VII: 1/3, no disco. Sephiroth BSB1. +10 ATK and a DEF-piercing command ain't too bad for the cost.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Zack Chain! I never even got the guy to lvl 99, never got a single thing for him after the helicopter unique way back.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    ...so uh.

We just got Ice and Wind magicite unlocked. So that’s unexpected.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    And the banner format changed to higher off banner item percent.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Ok what does this mean exactly?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Banner format was 14 slots. Now it will be 12 slots for featured relics and 2 slots for off banner items for characters on the banner.

Fire banner has no chains... Ice banner has snow. meh?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

IIRC the chance of getting an item on the banner is now 12%, and there's a 1% chance each to get a 5* or 6* item not featured on the banner, but for a character with another item on the banner.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

IIRC the chance of getting an item on the banner is now 12%, and there's a 1% chance each to get a 5* or 6* item not featured on the banner, but for a character with another item on the banner.

So like for the fire banner, Krile's chain isn't on it, but I have a 1% chance to pull from a pool that contains that relic, because she's featured on the banner with other items?

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

So like for the fire banner, Krile's chain isn't on it, but I have a 1% chance to pull from a pool that contains that relic, because she's featured on the banner with other items?

Yeah you should have 1%/(number of 6* items of characters not in the pool) of getting off banner stuff.

• Options
    mateus down in 50 seconds

need to rethink how i approach it for the sub 30

you 100% need an imperil bot (edgar/mustadio)

• Options
    Oh Mateus can fuck right off with this Reflect nonsense.

• Options

Lean in: use Carbuncle and just AoE heal the team.

• Options
    you need a very specific balance of defense, healing and damage while managing his nulfire stacks

its definitely not a fight you can just casually throw your strongest fireboys at

• Options

Lean in: use Carbuncle and just AoE heal the team.

Took off 5% of his health in 20 seconds before losing half the team.

Whoof.

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    you need a very specific balance of defense, healing and damage while managing his nulfire stacks

its definitely not a fight you can just casually throw your strongest fireboys at

There's a lot of super strong Fireboys, so I guess they tuned this boss upwards a tic?

• Options
    It’s more that he does a lot of crap that’s uncommon and hard to deal with.

He’s got a defensive Rage, and also likes to use BarFire and increase his Defense stat. He also spams Imperil Ice and slaps your teammates with Reflect to make normal healing basically unworkable.

What makes him so deadly, I think, is that he conpletely trashes normal strategies.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Javen wrote: »

Yeah you should have 1%/(number of 6* items of characters not in the pool) of getting off banner stuff.

Note that per the announcement, the offbanner adjustment thing takes place on future banners. It doesn't affect the Fire banner or the Ice banner that went up today, for instance.

The way to tell is to scroll through and count the featured items. If there are 14 featured items, it's the old style of banner; if there are 12 featured items, it's the new banner type with the character-focused offbanner pool.

Either way, you still have the same overall chance of getting 5* and 6* items, it's just that a small portion of those 5* and 6* items will be other items for characters on the banner.

edit: hmm, reading some on reddit, apparently this was implemented slightly differently than I thought from the announcement.

Before:
    14.02% chance of getting a 5* or better
    14% chance of getting one of the 14 featured items
    .02% chance of getting literally any 5* or better item that's ever been released

Now, fire/ice banners:
    14% chance of getting one of the 14 featured items
    .02% chance of getting a 5* or better item for one of the characters that has a featured item

Predicted for the next several banners, including this fest and for probably a month after:
    12% chance of getting one of the 12 featured items
    1.01% (?) chance of getting a 5* item for one of the characters that has a featured item
    1.01% (?) chance of getting a 6* item for one of the characters that has a featured item

Fry on
  • Options
    I think that ssb and maybe uniques come back though. I could be wrong.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I think that ssb and maybe uniques come back though. I could be wrong.

Uniques are not supposed to. SSBs for the FF6 banners, then they're dropped as well.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Daily hit!

Thancred unique

Sure, whatever. :P

• Options
    Uniques are really the only 'aww' draws I get on the daily. Even if it's a completely redundant super, the +10 stat is nice

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ok dumb FFRK "lore" question. Why is Edge's SSB called USB0?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

Because it’s so powerful that people liken it to an Ultra Soul Break, rather than a Super Soul Break.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Because it's very, very good for its designation as just a Super Soul Break. So colloquially it's considered his 'USB0' because it's not technically a USB, but is definitely as good as one.

Javen on
  • Options
    I kind of wish it wasn't though, since I'm pretty sure the popularity of Edge with Eblan Doppleganger is kind of what led to them forgetting about him for new stuff for so long.

This discussion has been closed.