As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

5.1 Sound Bar replacement

Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED!Registered User regular
I have an aging 5.1 Vizio sound bar (rear speakers) that is literally falling apart. What is the best cost to performance sound bar available? The spot the TV is in is maybe 15' by 10'.

Thanks!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    If you want something affordable, stick with the Vizio. I mean, not the one you have since it's broken, but a new one of the same thing. It's inexpensive and it sounds OK. LG has a set of rear speakers that works with a lot of their soundbars, but many of those soundbars are only 2.1 so eh. Samsung also has rear channels available but they have a bad habit of dropping connection.

Unless you're going high end with something like Sonos, Vizio is kinda it for 5.1 soundbars.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    If you want something affordable, stick with the Vizio. I mean, not the one you have since it's broken, but a new one of the same thing. It's inexpensive and it sounds OK. LG has a set of rear speakers that works with a lot of their soundbars, but many of those soundbars are only 2.1 so eh. Samsung also has rear channels available but they have a bad habit of dropping connection.

Unless you're going high end with something like Sonos, Vizio is kinda it for 5.1 soundbars.

The newer ones have HDMI in which seems like an upgrade at least.

I'll see if I can get it local. Thanks!

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Wire Cutter had recommended a Vizo for awhile as the budget pick: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-soundbar/