As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mueller Investigation] Where there's smock, there's liar.

19495969798100»

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Do you think Trump is going to attempt the "Just because I signed it doesn't mean I read it or knew what it was about" defense?

Yes, absolutely.

"I get a lot of papers across my desk, you can't expect me to read them all, that's what I pay people for, and someone dropped the ball. Probably Michael Cohen."

That'll be his line, almost word for word.
    Nah word for word will be,

"I get a lot of papers across my desk. A lot of papers! You can't expect me to read them all, that's what I pay people for. A lot of papers to read. And someone - probably Michael Cohen, not saying it was him, but probably, maybe not, maybe - someone dropped the ball."

Edit - This is a shitty top of page 100 post and the last two years are clearly poisoning my brain.

Henroid on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Well they're already pushing the "it's not a big crime" narrative so I could see them also going that way with this

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    I wonder if Schiff has enough just sitting around that he can release that gets Nunes indicted for obstruction sooner rather than later

I hope it happens, but I'm kinda concerned that the whole clubhouse bullshit comes into play. That House Democrats might go after Trump, or his campaign, or even the RNC, but use kid gloves on House Republicans because the "have to work with these people".

Despite Nunes deserving an investigation that should probably be done with the supervision of a proctologist, I'm thinking "decorum" in that case might hold sway.

Hope I'm wrong.

Either way, I agree with @kaid that anyone not a House Republican, who did something egregious, is pretty much fucked.

I thought Nunes lost re-election. Did he actually win again?

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah Nunes won in his heavily Republican skewed district.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I'm stealing this from a Reddit post but this is a good summary as to why we are in 'holy shit' territory as to that letter of intent that was signed by Trump
    [Lifting Russian Sanctions Key To Trump Deal Exposed By Michael Cohen | MSNBC](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1INiv-nJQ)

>Trump was advocating dropping sanctions without disclosing that for the US to do that would be a huge financial windfall for him, because now we know Trump and his business at that time were secretly negotiating a gigantic business deal for Trump Tower Moscow that was being financed by a Russian sanctioned bank. The deal could only go ahead if Russia dropped sanctions. Trump new that at the time but he lied about it repeatedly. Insisted he had no business in Russia over and over. But Trump knew that he did. And Russia knew that he did.

>We now know the Kremlin was actively involved in discussions with the Trump Organization about the project, about the financing, even about Putin's free $50 Million dollar penthouse. Trump knew this was in the works, but was keeping it secret. The Kremlin knew it was in the works and that Trump was keeping it a secret. They even helped him keep it a secret. In a call with Reporters, the senior Kremlin official who was managing the project put out a statement denying any Kremlin involvement. The Kremlin was helping cover this up too.

>**As a candidate, we now know, Trump was definitely compromised by Russia. He was lying about his dealings with Russia and Russia knew it and Russia was helping him to keep it a secret. We have a presidential candidate who is lying about Russia's plan to provide him with hundreds of millions of dollars for that real estate project if he gets sanctions removed.**

7/11/2015

>Maria Butina, the now arrested Russian spy, feeds the question to soon to be candidate Trump where he first starts saying in public the US should drop Russian sanctions.

10/13/2015

>[Letter Of Intent for Trump World Tower Moscow emailed to Michael Cohen](https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tower-moscow-letter-of-intent-2017-9)

10/22/2015

>Letter of Intent signed by Trump.

[Abramson](

>Keep in mind Trump KNEW his deal with Rozov involved Kremlin consent because COHEN TOLD HIM SO after speaking repeatedly with Sater. So **Trump was *knowingly doing business with active enemies of the US* while promising them the most historically pro-Russia foreign policy ever.**

[NatashaBertrand](

>Why did Cohen lie? **Because the truth is evidence that Trump was compromised by Russia while Putin plotted to attack the election.** (Offering Trump "lucrative real estate" deals was part of the Kremlin's "cultivation operation" for Trump, per the dossier.)

[David Corn, Mother Jones, Washington Bureau Chief](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12lZinlu0A)

>**When Trump was running for president as the 'America First Candidate' his company was secretly interacting with Putin's own office so that he could do a deal in Russia to make money for Donald Trump - and not telling the public. There's a defrauding of the American voter underway.**

Here's the trump family repeatedly lying about contacts with Russia

I am enraged and shocked, but not surprised. As if it couldn't have been more obvious something like this was the case purely from his behavior and history. I genuinely don't think the USA should have global superpower status anymore because we just can't be fucking trusted.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Nunes won re-election but he won't be the chair of the committee he's sabotaged to this point.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I'm stealing this from a Reddit post but this is a good summary as to why we are in 'holy shit' territory as to that letter of intent that was signed by Trump
    [Lifting Russian Sanctions Key To Trump Deal Exposed By Michael Cohen | MSNBC](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1INiv-nJQ)

>Trump was advocating dropping sanctions without disclosing that for the US to do that would be a huge financial windfall for him, because now we know Trump and his business at that time were secretly negotiating a gigantic business deal for Trump Tower Moscow that was being financed by a Russian sanctioned bank. The deal could only go ahead if Russia dropped sanctions. Trump new that at the time but he lied about it repeatedly. Insisted he had no business in Russia over and over. But Trump knew that he did. And Russia knew that he did.

>We now know the Kremlin was actively involved in discussions with the Trump Organization about the project, about the financing, even about Putin's free $50 Million dollar penthouse. Trump knew this was in the works, but was keeping it secret. The Kremlin knew it was in the works and that Trump was keeping it a secret. They even helped him keep it a secret. In a call with Reporters, the senior Kremlin official who was managing the project put out a statement denying any Kremlin involvement. The Kremlin was helping cover this up too.

>**As a candidate, we now know, Trump was definitely compromised by Russia. He was lying about his dealings with Russia and Russia knew it and Russia was helping him to keep it a secret. We have a presidential candidate who is lying about Russia's plan to provide him with hundreds of millions of dollars for that real estate project if he gets sanctions removed.**

7/11/2015

>Maria Butina, the now arrested Russian spy, feeds the question to soon to be candidate Trump where he first starts saying in public the US should drop Russian sanctions.

10/13/2015

>[Letter Of Intent for Trump World Tower Moscow emailed to Michael Cohen](https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tower-moscow-letter-of-intent-2017-9)

10/22/2015

>Letter of Intent signed by Trump.

[Abramson](

>Keep in mind Trump KNEW his deal with Rozov involved Kremlin consent because COHEN TOLD HIM SO after speaking repeatedly with Sater. So **Trump was *knowingly doing business with active enemies of the US* while promising them the most historically pro-Russia foreign policy ever.**

[NatashaBertrand](

>Why did Cohen lie? **Because the truth is evidence that Trump was compromised by Russia while Putin plotted to attack the election.** (Offering Trump "lucrative real estate" deals was part of the Kremlin's "cultivation operation" for Trump, per the dossier.)

[David Corn, Mother Jones, Washington Bureau Chief](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12lZinlu0A)

>**When Trump was running for president as the 'America First Candidate' his company was secretly interacting with Putin's own office so that he could do a deal in Russia to make money for Donald Trump - and not telling the public. There's a defrauding of the American voter underway.**

Here's the trump family repeatedly lying about contacts with Russia

I am enraged and shocked, but not surprised. As if it couldn't have been more obvious something like this was the case purely from his behavior and history. I genuinely don't think the USA should have global superpower status anymore because we just can't be fucking trusted.

Trump's personal corruption, bribery, and graft wouldn't have necessarily destroyed our superpower status. It's Trump's abandonment of NATO, unilateral bailing on our own international treaties and trade agreements, stupidly starting a trade war with China, deliberately provoking Middle East conflict, and being seen personally as a complete clown by the international community instead of having any respect as a leader that is really torpedoing our world standing.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I think it’s all the shit that lead enough people to vote for that to happen for him to be able to win that makes us unable to be trusted

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The problem is stupid politics is on the rise all over the world. Like, the EU is busy watching the UK attempt to drive off a cliff because a slight majority of voters are scared of foreigners.

Undead Scottsman on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Do you think Trump is going to attempt the "Just because I signed it doesn't mean I read it or knew what it was about" defense?

Yes, absolutely.

"I get a lot of papers across my desk, you can't expect me to read them all, that's what I pay people for, and someone dropped the ball. Probably Michael Cohen."

That'll be his line, almost word for word.
    Nah word for word will be,

"I get a lot of papers across my desk. A lot of papers! You can't expect me to read them all, that's what I pay people for. A lot of papers to read. And someone - probably Michael Cohen, not saying it was him, but probably, maybe not, maybe - someone dropped the ball."

Edit - This is a shitty top of page 100 post and the last two years are clearly poisoning my brain.

A Trump version of
    Let's start with the part that is the most controversial. A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true; but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah Nunes won in his heavily Republican skewed district.

Yeah - by 10 points or so. He's one of 7 out of 53 seats that went Republican.

In 2016 he won by 35 points.

Which I know is meaningless, because winning is winning, but even his was closer than it probably should have been.

We...uh...kinda don't like Republicans here. Our Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court just renounced her membership in the Republican Party over Kavanaugh and is now "no party preference."

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, close the thread.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.