As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    After that you need G12 Old Ben and earn 30 stars or more in a single TB.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Heh, I'm working on the Jedi one now as well. Oh well, progress to a tier is saved, but within the tier isn't. So I'll finish my last 50 or so Jedi fights, and then just abandon it until I have the spare gear to waste on G12'ing Old Ben (spoiler, that won't be for a long ever).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    They did two QOL updates that I noticed:
    A) They moved the Bronze card to the first of the row instead of the far right passed all the "pay us money" cards.
    B) They lowered the GW multi-sim requirement to 50 wins instead of 150 or whatever it was.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Both are great changes.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't think Zeb stuns him? I tried doing that and I haven't seen him stunned once.

You might need to try to re-mod Zeb for a bit more potency then. Otherwise you might just need to gear up a bit more and try again next time.

I don't think you can stun Sid there. I have never once done it on any difficulty. Staggering him works though.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Ha

I guess a bunch of people accidentally purchased chromium packs by scrolling to where the bronziums used to be

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    That happened to me. Not too happy about it, since I was trying to save up to get the Chief Chirpa pack of 25 shards before it went away. Oh well, I'll just save up to try and get Bossk to 7* instead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Changed my arena team to a CLS led Rebel team today.

Logged in and had de-ranked by over 100 ranks with my Jedi team so I decided it was time for a change. Slapped together a team and proceeded to obliterate all who stood before me. I have a feeling that on offense I will be just fine. We'll need to see how defense turns out though. I didn't bring a tank with me.

My squad was:
    CLS
    Raid Han
    Chewbacca
    Thrawn
    3PO

Took on other rebel teams, nightsisters, and a couple Sith teams with Traya on them and did not encounter any problems while I was attacking. Guess we'll see tomorrow if my rank holds.

• Options
    Huh

Wampa and hoda in the store

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Huh

Wampa and hoda in the store

I assume it's a Christmas ploy to squeeze out a bit more money right at the end of the year.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Are any of these packs they sell actually worth buying?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    The $5 starter pack is the only one that seems worth it to me.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Eh

I've bought packs before, and I didn't think it helped all that much

Picking your farms, and spending crystals on refreshes is the way to go unless you just gotta have that new character that isn't farmable yet.

• Options
    I'm a little unsure as to what to do for 3 on 3 Grand arena defense. My bastila Jedi team and my Phoenix don't seem like they'll have juice as a three-person version

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    My opponent as a 7-star, gl12, gold mod Wampa with a zeta.

I don’t even.

• Options
    :bro:

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I was basically out for the entirety of yesterday, and somehow missed that a fucking GA registration period was happening.

While I only played in the 3rd prize tier (to be generous about the experience), I'm a bit annoyed. This game will harass you at length about a variety of things, but despite logging in when I could across the day, somehow I missed a GA registration period.

• Options
    Need about 30 shards on Bindo, Zaalbar, and T3 each and I'll be ready for Revan.

Have enough zetas to load him up from the get go too.

• Options
    What's gear level is needed for Kotor team to unlock Revan?

Also, I don't think I care for Grand arena much.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Nice. I’m a little over 100 for Mission, over 160 for T3, and like 20-30 for Jolee.

I don’t expect to be ready.

My Hunters aren’t good enough to finish Chewie. zBossk at 12, Boba at 12, and Cad/Zam/Greedo at 10-11.

I’m tempted to throw another zeta on Bossk. But right now, even if they survive the initial burst, and even if R2 doesn’t stealth everyone, I can’t get Chewie down fast enough.

• Options
    I was able to 7* Chewie this time around.

My team was zBossk, Boba, Bane, Greedo, Ig88

Ig88 was borderline useless

Everyone has at least 2 g12+ pieces, and 240+ speed.

Took me about 5 tries.

I'm eyeballing my GA opponent real hard. Looking at their roster, and what they've set on defense, they shouldn't have much left. They still 1 shotted even my strongest teams.

• Options
    Revan's difficulty was tuned very low. From what I read you only need about G8 or G9 on most dudes. Bastila can carry if you have her at G12.

If you don't have a strong Bastila, you will probably need G10 on everyone to make up the difference.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I need about 130 for Mission and 20 for Zaalbar and I'll have everyone I need.

Thankfully I have a strong Bastilia so I won't have to do much gearing when the event comes around. Hopefully I can get Mission ready (average about 7-10 shards a day on refreshes).

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I'm nowhere close. I'm probably 2 or 3 cycles away from him, because I haven't focused it at all.

I just finished farming Visas Marr over the Christmas holiday, and I've also been farming the Jango Fett super node, because rumors are that the OT Falcon is coming and it will require at least 3, maybe 4 bounty hunter ships to unlock. So I've been farming for that instead. Revan is pretty much on the backburner.

• Options
    Yeah, I won't be able to get OT Falcon, I don't think.

I'm sort of farming hounds tooth, but I'm only at 4 stars. Slave 1 is 7*, but everyone else is 3.

I changed up my arena team. Was running zBastila and dropping like 80 places a day.

Now I'm running JTR, R2, bb8, Chewie, 3po.

I hover around 80th, and don't move a whole lot. Talzin, Revan, and Traya give me trouble. Everyone else I burn down pretty fast.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Does r2 unlock at 5* slash would it be worth it to power out my 4* 19/65 royal guard just to have a full 5* empire team to get him this time around?

I'm zero % to be ready for the Luke event if it comes up after r2 this time anyway.

On the good news side I'm 1 shard from 7* hera and having phoenix squad fully farmed and can start using cantina for the infinite other characters I need to do

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Pretty sure R2 unlocks at 5.

Whether or not it's worth it depends on your long term farm goals.

R2 is a staple in a lot of teams, so you should definitely make a run at him sooner than later.

• Options
    Damn.

Finally pushed Sing to 5* so i could attempt the next chewie tier.

I got one attack in.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    The Chewie event is just tuned to the utmost ridiculousness.

I have a full G12 team with a total of 4 zetas on it, all characters are at least 200 speed, most higher than that, and it still took like 10 resets to get the perfect RNG to beat tier 7. It's a ridiculously difficult event.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Pretty sure R2 unlocks at 5.

Whether or not it's worth it depends on your long term farm goals.

R2 is a staple in a lot of teams, so you should definitely make a run at him sooner than later.

Can’t get CLS without R2, right? So R2 should be *somewhere* on the long term goals.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Crap my arena squad is suddenly broke.

I dropped from the high 600s to over 1400, and can't get below 1200.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I think a whole lot more people are unlocking Traya right now which might be a contributor to that. There's a team with zFinn and C3PO that can solo all of phase 3 of the heroic Sith raid, which basically trivializes the raid. And because of that lots more guilds are beating heroic Sith right now.

I'm sure there's a trickle-down effect going on where more Traya teams are flooding the arena, and people who were previously rated lower are climbing higher, and it is causing a shift in average standings.

Just my theory.

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Crap my arena squad is suddenly broke.

I dropped from the high 600s to over 1400, and can't get below 1200.

Another possibility, in addition to what Lucascraft above said, is your Arena 'Shard' got low on active population, so they merged it with another one. I've had it happen a few times randomly, unrelated to or near any character releases. So, instead of ~600 accounts above you fighting for ranks, you now have 1200.

Marek on
    XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    CLS happening soon, going to try to get R2 and give it a go but there's no way I'm gonna get 7* as this is my first time through it.

• Options
    Finished up my old republic farm this morning.

Bring on Revan!

Making a run at bounty hunter ships. Doubt I'll be able to 5* them in time to unlock the falcon though.

Have a little bit left on Ewoks to finish up, and then I'll go back to trying to predict what's needed for the next Luke

• Options
    So R2 was super easy, and then I forgot I don't have Old Ben or Leia starred high enough so... Oh well. At least I have R2 for the next go around.

• Options
    Hit a new personal best last night in Arena. Rank 17.

I've stopped using Bastila/Jedi and using CLS/Chewie/Han/3PO/R2 instead. This team has allowed me to climb higher than my Jedi ever did, even when Jedi were still competitive. Which they aren't now.

• Options
    Yeah, IG and Xandu are both still at 0/30, so I'll be missing the third Falcon this time around.

However, with Jolee at 88/100, I'm ready for Revan to return (as in, I expect to earn the last few shards shortly, or can outright buy them from the store if need be), or at least I think I am. Everything I've read has said that this event is more about having the characters than their gear, so hopefully what I have will suffice, and if not, that I'm able to bump a few levels and cross the threshold.