As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Looks like early speed clears of the two ice magicites feature Armor Breakdown or Mental Breakdown as appropriate. I guess the enemies have big self DEF or RES buffs you want to clear to help keep your damage moving.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yep.

If you’re using Locke as a Fire DPS, Steal Defense is also possivle.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Javen wrote: »
    ok dumb FFRK "lore" question. Why is Edge's SSB called USB0?

Because it's very, very good for its designation as just a Super Soul Break. So colloquially it's considered his 'USB0' because it's not technically a USB, but is definitely as good as one.

Particularly because Ninja abilities are overpowered already, his LD is doublecast ninja, and he can hit like...every element but holy because he's also got 6* machinist and 6* celerity too, I think?

Jragghen on
    So I guess I really need to get to work on Phoenix/Belias. I've at least got gen1 fire and ice chains for the next ones.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I kind of wish it wasn't though, since I'm pretty sure the popularity of Edge with Eblan Doppleganger is kind of what led to them forgetting about him for new stuff for so long.

Hell, even his newest USB is just his USB0 with some damage tacked on as an afterthought.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oh today is fat bird store day

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    FF VII pull
    1/3 Zack LMR. I've got his chain and ultra, so that is cool.

Guess I’ll need to table Mateus until I can work out something proper or steal someone’s strategy. I have basically everything I’d need for physical Fire outside of an Arcane or Elarra, so it should be workable. But for now I think I’d rather grind Arcana to feed Phoenix, so I can try Manticore.

edited December 2018
    Mined dates:
    Event					Date (PST)		Date (UTC)
    Episode Magicite: Part 8		12/19/18 12:00am	12/19/18 8:00am
    Episode Magicite: Part 9		12/19/18 12:00am	12/19/18 8:00am
    Multiplayer 2nd Anniversary Open	12/19/18 5:00pm		12/20/18 1:00am
    (VI) Dragons of Death			12/20/18 5:00pm		12/21/18 1:00am
    Record Dungeon Update 7			12/25/18 5:00am		12/25/18 1:00pm
    Crystal Tower - Clockwork God?		12/26/18 5:00am		12/27/18 1:00pm
    Feast of Glory Banners Open		12/25/18 5:00pm		12/26/18 1:00am
    Feast of Glory: Warriors Part 1		12/25/18 5:00pm		12/26/18 1:00am
    Feast of Glory: Warriors Part 2		12/27/18 5:00pm		12/28/18 1:00am
    Feast of Glory: Warriors Part 3		12/29/18 5:00pm		12/30/18 1:00am
    Boundless Boss: Fury\'s Roar		01/01/19 12:00am	01/01/19 8:00am
    Torment - Ahriman (III)			01/02/19 5:00pm		01/03/19 1:00am
    (III) Where Friendship Leads		01/02/19 5:00pm		01/03/19 1:00am
    Feast of Glory Banners Close		01/04/19 4:59pm		01/05/19 12:59am
    Dungeon Update 52 (XV, Type-0)		01/08/19 5:00pm		01/09/19 1:00am
    Torment - Nox Suzaku (Type-0)		01/09/19 5:00pm		01/10/19 1:00am
    (Type-0) Slash of Crimson		01/10/19 5:00pm		01/11/19 1:00am
    Multiplayer 2nd Anniversary Close	01/11/19 4:59pm		01/12/18 12:59am
    Feast of Glory Dungeons Close		01/16/19 4:59pm		01/17/18 12:59am
    ???					01/16/19 5:00pm		01/17/19 1:00am
    (XII) The Skies of the Past		01/17/19 5:00pm		01/18/19 1:00am
    Corridor of Trials - Earth?		01/23/19 5:00pm		01/24/19 1:00am
    (FFT) Revealers of Truth		01/24/19 5:00pm		01/25/19 1:00am
    Record Dungeon Update 8			01/30/19 5:00am		01/30/19 1:00pm
    ???					01/30/19 5:00pm		01/31/19 1:00am
    (VIII) Orphaned Lion			01/31/19 5:00pm		02/01/19 1:00am
    Dungeon Update 53 (IV:TAY, VII:DC)	02/06/19 5:00pm		02/07/19 1:00am
    Dungeon Update 54 (X-2, XV)		03/08/19 5:00pm		03/09/19 1:00am

Jragghen on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That viii event has a strictly better ice banner if you can wait a month.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Well fuck. Gogo LMR.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Terra LMR. Sigh, this would have been ok if I had anything for her.

Also 5th lmr in a row. This tortured existence.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Mog U2 (Proshellga, Hastega, and Hyper Break).

This is very much not tuned for most Magicites, but I'm sure there are other fights where I can use this thing properly. Every Break Mog should be kinda neat in other fights, with his RLM (Chance to do more breaks on dance) and LM2 (Chance to Medica on dance), I think? And I guess 5-stars have less status change resistance than 4-stars, so maybe this could work there?

Enlong on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Shadow LMR dupe. Short of miraculous draws in the last five, this is the worst RoP for me.

And they took out the SSBs and it's still tragic, what the heck?

They didn’t stop making bad relics when ssb was done.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Knight_ wrote: »
    Terra LMR. Sigh, this would have been ok if I had anything for her.

Also 5th lmr in a row. This tortured existence.

You'll get something for her eventually, she gets awesome stuff all the time. And then you'll be happy you have doublecast for her

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Just barely managed to kill Belias with one last W-cast. Literally. Reran the fight, ended up in the exact same situation, didn't W-cast, and died 2 seconds later. Still, it was a 31.5s kill, so just a scootch more power from somewhere and I think I can get sub30, or a consistent kill (probably not both at the same time though). I think it's possible to force Phase 3 before phase 2's Saber into Hellfire, in which case I can probably survive a bit further into phase 3 and get an assured kill. But I can't assuredly push phase 3 that fast, so it's more oh well.

The squad:
    Eiko Mage's Hymn/Protectga (USB) Ace Striker
    Palom Chains Waterja/Waterga (USB) Gathering Storm (LM1, 2)
    Rydia L.Levi/Ogopogo (BSB2) W-Cast summon (LM1, 2)
    Onion Knight Voltech/Magic Breakdown (mUSB) DMT (LMR, 2)
    Tidus Power Break/Sapphire Bullet (Chain) MM (LMR)
    Wall/Famfrit
    Geosgaeno, Gizamaluke, Octomammoth, Evrae

Major Fire resist on Eiko, Moderate on everyone else. +Water armor on everyone. Tidus is whatever.

Eiko puts up Protect then spams Mage's Hymn into her USB, then spams Hymn and reapplies her USB whenever Guts pops.
    Palom goes 2x Waterga, 1x Waterja, USB, Waterga, spam Waterja, refresh USB, spam whatever's left
    Rydia goes 2x Ogopogo, 1x L.Leviathan, BSB2, spam L.Levi, refresh BSB2 when it's up, spam whatever's left
    Onion Knight goes USB, Wall, Breakdown, Vortex, summon Famfrit, spam Vortex a bit, refresh USB in phase 3, with Fastcast from Tidus's Chain refresh
    Tidus goes Chain, Bullet, wait til ~9s, cast Power Break to land after Saber, Bullet, Defend, refresh Chain (after Painflare), Power Break ASAP, Bullet spam until end.

The end is tricky. Basically have to force phase 3, use Tidus's Fastcast to speed out all the caster's USB refreshes, then they use OK's Fastcast to kill the boss faster than he can kill us.

I'm making progress on Belias, but having trouble dealing with the berserk. Bleh.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I'm making progress on Belias, but having trouble dealing with the berserk. Bleh.

For the most part, force Phase 3 before Berserk in Phase 2 seems to be the go to strat. Otherwise you might want to double heal it with the second healer being Larsa.

I don't have a chain. Forcing anything ain't happening :p

So this FF9 event is the first event I haven't been able to get a MP group AT ALL for the lower difficulty. I guess this game really is dying?

So this FF9 event is the first event I haven't been able to get a MP group AT ALL for the lower difficulty. I guess this game really is dying?

Why would anyone bother doing mp for 160.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Also 40 less stamina.

VI: 1/3, no disco. Shadow LMR, which is one of the good ones, though I have nothing else for him. Granted, he's still a ninja, so spamming the dark washing machine works just fine.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I've never thought ffrk mp was any kind of fun. The fights are easier than the regular fights of the event when playing solo too so i've never looked back.

Got Celes glint today, more Celes relics is always good!

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Why would anyone bother doing mp for 160.

Because the stupid Book of Trials to open the Torment dungeons says you need to clear a raid of at least 160 or higher and unless there's a group willing to carry someone through the higher difficulty, well... and I'm certain that more Record Dungeons will end up locked behind it, too, in a few months.

Realms on Parade coughed up a 1/3, 1 disco result: Kefka USB! Just one word made me sit up and take notice- "poison". I don't think there's a lot of poison SBs out there, and it's one of the harder elements (outside of the Bio spell line) to get a strong, reliable source of damage for (at least for me). Ten magical dark/poison/nonelemental attacks, a medium magic buff, and then the ability to follow up attacks with even more dark/poison/nonelemental damage? Yes, please.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Fire draw 100 gems: 4* blah

Ice draw 100 gems: 3* blah

Data for posterity:
    34->35->36 misses in a row

38/344->45->46 lifetime

5/89->90->91 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    sub 30 on manticore because my magic fire is stacked to the gills

Ace/Vincent/Elarra/Vivi/Edge

Complete Terra and Papalymo in the wings but I'm having a hard time slotting them in (probably one can replace Ace)

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    yup Shadow LMR and no SBs for him. Oh boy.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Daily disco!

Bartz AOSB!

Which is a dupe!

At least Xander counters dispel with mighty guard.

I keep getting dupes on daily also, they just aren’t five star heh.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Got Faris’s Sea Lord Broadside (Unique which does Nonelemental damage and ATK/MAG breakdown). Which Ain’t a dupe, but it’s competing with her B1 and B2 for Faris-style breakage. The anination’s fun, though.

Whelp. The game took pity on me for giving me a Chain I already had, by giving me ANOTHER different Chain on the Daily Draw. Laguna's Bazooka, Gen 2 PHY Ice Chain. That's timely given Syldra came out yesterday! Poor Snow, your time of relevance ended before you even got a shot at the big time.

I am still salty AF about my 100 gem streak lately, but this certainly helps soothe the burn.

Interesting thing I've gleaned from looking at JP screenshots: apparently 3* and 4* relic draws also award the lowest grade of Anima Lens. So enough 1/11 draws (or enough misses on the daily draw) and you can trade in for a unique/SSB.

AI scripts are up for ice magicite

Manticore re-enters rage mode on its second turn after being knocked out of it. Significant portions of its script involve Combo or Savage Combo, which are attacks with zero cast time. Seems fair. :X

Whelp. The game took pity on me for giving me a Chain I already had, by giving me ANOTHER different Chain on the Daily Draw. Laguna's Bazooka, Gen 2 PHY Ice Chain. That's timely given Syldra came out yesterday! Poor Snow, your time of relevance ended before you even got a shot at the big time.

I am still salty AF about my 100 gem streak lately, but this certainly helps soothe the burn.

I hate you just the most tiny bit.

I need that thing :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Honestly you could probably clear everything in game with the dupes people draw in here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Only Dark and Holy left:
    2b2sqt02av8a.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited December 2018
    Hrm. Now that the VI event is here, and after having attempted Mateus and finished my dealings with Belias, I’m almost thinking that banner 1 looks more inviting then banner 2, with Strago’s chain and Wind God Gau.

The Glint and LM2 for Relm look real nice, Locke’s Arcane is something I ain’t got, and Edgar’s tools would be really good for Mateus, if one needs as much Imperil as I’ve been hearing. On the other hand, I really should look up some Mateus clears and make a good-faith effort to do it with what I’ve got.

Sadly, it’s pretty much certain that I’ll have to pick one banner or the other, owing to my inability to stay away from stuff like Realms on Parade.

Speaking of which, FFV draw. Lenna B2 dupe. Lovely. I’m sure this Barice will come in handy for Mateus, hah. Funny thing, the dupe actually didn’t show me initially that Lenna had mastered the soul break. I thought that somehow I forgot to do that.

Enlong on
This discussion has been closed.