As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtZ_3ZvFkhg

I’d say it’s a skin of my teeth launch, but in reality I had like 4 more days assuming I was willing to pay through the nose. :D

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

It's been a long past few months. My kids haven't been sleeping at all, and my newborn baby (Oct 11th) is colicie, which means nothing but screaming from the poor girl (been better lately). On my way home, which is normally a 15 minute drive, an accident happened and traffic was backed up for miles. It took me over an hour to get home. Imagine my surprise when I came home and saw this waiting for me:
    kBIjHSZ.jpg

Holy cow! That's a nice tape job! So I took the knife to it and cracked that bad boy open to see a piece of paper waiting for me:
    tZjwZib.jpg

I certainly will, Santa... I certainly will. I then saw something peeking out...
    tVieorp.jpg

When I saw that I just stared at my wife for a good minute or two. I cannot get over the generosity of these forums! I really can't. Ever since Borderlands VR was announced I was really jealous that I wouldn't be able to play it. And my Santa had to come through with this amazing gift.

My daughter wanted in on this picture:
    TzpfvIP.jpg

I tried to get all the kids but my son is pretty camera shy and my newborn was eating. But thank you so much Santa! I really do mean it! It means so much to me and I will absolutely be enjoying this as soon as I possibly can!

I don't know who my Santa is though. So please, please reveal yourself!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

After receiving a PM from my Santa telling me a package should be arriving, I got home on Monday night and….

A wild package appears!
    fjzWLfx.jpg
    L8vtCTa.jpg
    z9QKHzO.jpg
    SCmgsoD.jpg
    P0VRQsY.jpg

Please ignore my legs, I'm too lazy to crop them out of these photos

Cooljammer00 uses scissors!

It’s super effective!

Maybe too effective (That's a slice in the middle of the note)
    kWDouhs.jpg

Packages, wrapped
    Oiyyglq.jpg
    wx8QPmk.jpg

There was a third gift but it was wrapped in see through plastic, so I won't post it here

Packages, unwrapped.
    madOjjK.jpg
    Up9R9Lz.jpg
    DlVH0jF.jpg

The second part of the note
    HKFJCoo.jpg

- Some Nintendo funbux

I actually do own Into the Breach because I bought it in the airport right before a long plane ride. Then I played it for a bit, died really quick, and then took a nap instead, but I will definitely put these funbux to good use.

- Blood Sweat and Pixels

I actually almost bought this book because I read Kotaku and Jason Schreier is a homie whose podcast I listen to, but I never got around to it. Now I don’t have to buy it.

- Becky Lynch t-shirt

Fans of this particular wrestler know that she has had several awful, AWFUL t shirts over the years, so thank you for having the good taste to pick the least offensive piece of merchandise with her name on it!

I'm not sure of the relevance of B.E.T., though I did watch 106 and Park occasionally back in the day.

Thanks, Santa @Frem!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Hm.

So I'm too busy to open it now but last night I received a priority USPS package from an address I don't recognize.

HMMMMMMM...

pHWHd2G.jpg
    I came home to an unexpected box on my porch. My pulse quickened, my heart skipped a beat ...

I saw it was from Maitland, FL, and I thought, “Wait - that’s Coolstuff Inc.! I haven’t ordered from them recently! OMG, is this it?”

Nope. It was my Kickstarterpalooza of Aeon’s End and Legacy.

:D

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Artemis was a little busy(re: disinterested) in inspection duties this year, but I kept him around anyway.
    (Luna's off napping or something, idk.)

OK6zhPf.jpg

Despite having like four of these, I miraculously never bought a Sailor Moon one.
    (Traitorous, I know.)
    9T5S9Fy.jpg

That slight's been rectified. (Good taste too, since she's my second favorite, and I even have her emblem on my car.)

And FF Ultimania!

OXduBo0.jpg

Always been interested, even skimmed it, never had the nerve to bite the bullet.
    (I can think of a couple 'chilling' things I'm a fan of... ominous.)

A reluctant Artemis with the haul:
    dGaMG6Q.jpg

Thanks @Cameron_Talley !

wVEsyIc.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

THANK YOU @Elvenshae !!! All of this is dope, you rule.

Live Unboxing:

He also included Peanuts from Virginia Diner. :pop: Forgot to include those in the picture.

Spoiler:
    km5yn3o2yzxz.jpg

Edit - Katie just showed up. We gotta go because we're going out but she was kind enough to let me take a picture of her with her present. She absolutely loves it! She really appreciates the gift and wasn't expecting it. Thank you!
    udtf4eq5m4n0.jpg

KoopahTroopah on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    @Elvenshae see the edit above. How did you even make these dude? They're awesome!

KoopahTroopah on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    That's just his thing now, isn't it? Didn't he make someone a stained glass X-wing ornament last year?

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    PyroGX from Descent, plus 5 stained glass stockings for each of my kids.

And the peanuts are so good. I wish I could find some locally.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I hope she liked the wrapping paper! :D

edited December 2018
    Elvenshae see the edit above. How did you even make these dude? They're awesome!

Mostly, I made them by finding a reference image and then making a pattern in Inkscape. I do color tests in GIMP to see what they’ll look like (sort of), and then print them using powerpoint because Windows is otherwise a butt for printing pictures.

I’ve got a small setup with some cutting tools, a grinder, and foiling and soldering supplies. After that, it’s just, uh, going through the motions.

I’ve got an old thread in H/A that’s desperately in need of an update that got my work / learning up through just before ArcSyn’s stuff last year. This year’s been kind of barren as far as new stuff is concerned until the past month and change. I’ll scare up a link for anyone who’s interested.

Ed: here you go:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/207051/getting-started-in-stained-glass

Elvenshae on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Santa! I received a package today, ominously entitled "Gift 2 of 3." Shall I wait until the entire unholy assembly has, uh, assembled, or should I do separate Gift Get posts as each one comes in? Oh, the suspense!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Forgot to mention in my note that the X-Wing stuff is all the new 2.0 stuff - new starter, new rules, etc.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Gift get! I think! I didn't order it and it came from my Amazon wishlist, so I'm assuming it's a Secret Santa thing!

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

BjnRbzk.jpg?2

The first comic adaptation of The Adventure Zone! Thanks! I do a lot of commuting and I ended up getting really into The Adventure Zone (still need to finish it, got sidetracked towards the end >.<). Also just kind of into the McElroy's brand of humor in general. Anyway, this looked like a really cool adaptation of it, especially with that dope art! Can't wait to read it and revisit the story! Thanks again!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • NotASockPuppetNotASockPuppet Registered User new member
    @Stabbity Style I can confirm that your Amazon box was salvo #1 from your Santa.

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    @cj iwakura Glad they got there! The last one will be delivered sometime after the first of the year. Sorry for the delay but glad the other gifts arrived! Merry Christmas!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    My Santee's gifts are about to be delivered today.

This is what impending fatherhood must feel like.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    My Santee's gifts are about to be delivered today.

This is what impending fatherhood must feel like.

Depends. Are you secretly feeling a looming fear of insecurity that your package will be delivered on time? Not that you can show any of these fears because you don't want the delivery person to panic and spiral things out of control.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    I'm not sure of the relevance of B.E.T., though I did watch 106 and Park occasionally back in the day.

Thanks, Santa @Frem!

You're welcome! Glad you enjoy it!

The initials don't spell anything; they just corresponded to the thing in the package. (B)ook, (E)shop, (T)shirt. :)

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Santee your gift is going out soon. I'm sorry it might not make it before Christmas, but you'll more than likely see a digital goodie from me before hand!

Steam: offday
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    yeah on that end, I have everything gathered up but due to some late shipping it's unclear if it makes the christmas cuttoff, but don't fear, tracking will guide you!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm usually not this late but because of some major life changes I'm running late.

Nothing bad though! Literally just started a new job this week, which is a crazy crazy time to start something like that, so I've been a lot busier than usual, but very happy to say goodbye to my old job so this is not a bad thing!

Steam: offday
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Dearest Santee, the ritual continues:
    qCvm7reHAGoFNPdA9W52KiHRuB9Zz1CFjo3oF2rek8m2mBQTzcOsXgIcmWhgdJ2rqJF-RdoGc0rQ9lnTSAvHrKYf2etI1nFDrOj2SVsCmAdiYN-isgsGqkhZixElu9ZBM9GeieUFdPFNNV4zncyLhJRQNTHkFq_RsZWvU1wzGlXJCQ5OfvM9wK52WJQn_74xa9cxqwUJTuU1Ww4XhFV9P7M_53R9nepMDuLSSTbGg40VbCsHQO8zqhJItfdSexM_56eyUIJi557mmRencfS7Um59V9ga5vuqDSBdM8tL-xTBHQqKwak-BXw6Kr9wNGaieP0Bkl76PWS8o64bL4zumkAEjJTlxVZCotvm9Ezt90tVZ_4VxZObdRY5urLfpdP2SD3-DjjkDVaJUYps_nhzYJX-a8ZcDgGwjYD4AeTbl591PTfGigyH89qjCpKOIwV3ZN-lxQszhESUkDVel4Lrs_viEZgvvX2jxXJ1qJEuZrzYaILIkVml3XQrffpUL2tqd6wINBbqCXSjRLqJ18jM7gRZ-Ljv2Ji9fvly8jOT3tsI3rySKXC70dVTbPqE9eW-t35EQdU5p_9GBOO6k0rg6NMQh3lOReMmbX_Dbxni_3If_FxtSsKQnTdYUUFa3Bpd3Ay_s5YmjTfwV_j1uVtB9O1O=w1251-h938-no

Maybe by New Year's?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif
    A box was waiting for me when I got home from work, I opened it not knowing that I had been gifted.

Fortunately, the Christmas Tribble was there to remind me of my manners, but not in time to prevent me from opening the Amazon box. Fortunately, the Amazon gift bag concealed the contents long enough for the Tribble to inspect them for my safety.
    Another year without a bomb, doing good.
    x5nc1ooi61ou.jpg

A card!
    k39z3jznjas2.jpg

A book that I've been meaning to read for quite some time, but not gotten to!
    5ptuihfdugbx.jpg

But no name... A mystery then?
    One that I should be able to solve by reading through past Secret Santa threads, but that's going to have to wait until after dinner.
    So, if my Santa comes forward in the meantime, no complaints.

Edit: Arrg... I don't know why my pictures insist on rotating themselves when I upload them. They're all right side up on my computer, I swear.

see317 on
    edited December 2018
    Ooh! That's a good one. I just finished it on audible not long ago.

Edit: Gifts wrapped and packed!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    see317 wrote: »
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif
    A box was waiting for me when I got home from work, I opened it not knowing that I had been gifted.

Fortunately, the Christmas Tribble was there to remind me of my manners, but not in time to prevent me from opening the Amazon box. Fortunately, the Amazon gift bag concealed the contents long enough for the Tribble to inspect them for my safety.
    Another year without a bomb, doing good.
    x5nc1ooi61ou.jpg

A card!
    k39z3jznjas2.jpg

A book that I've been meaning to read for quite some time, but not gotten to!
    5ptuihfdugbx.jpg

But no name... A mystery then?
    One that I should be able to solve by reading through past Secret Santa threads, but that's going to have to wait until after dinner.
    So, if my Santa comes forward in the meantime, no complaints.

Edit: Arrg... I don't know why my pictures insist on rotating themselves when I upload them. They're all right side up on my computer, I swear.

Is your monitor perhaps upside down?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

So uh... I just now noticed that Amazon broke the order up into three shipments, and the one I was tracking wasn't the first...
    (Also, you have a friend invite on Steam)

Madpoet on
    edited December 2018
    Madpoet wrote: »

So uh... I just now noticed that Amazon broke the order up into three shipments, and the one I was tracking wasn't the first...
    (Also, you have a friend invite on Steam)

Friend invite has been accepted on Steam.
    So... should I rewrap the book and wait for the other two shipments from Amazon?

Edited to add:
    Steam Powered
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

MadPoet strikes again with digital games.
    bcq9au095i0n.png
    I've seen Slay The Spire played on Twitch and been on the verge of buying it several times (only to be dissuaded by my backlog).
    I've not heard of Dead Cells (or at least not enough that it stuck with me) but there's no part of that description that I'm not liking.

see317 on
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Nah, just wanted to make sure that you didn't feel obliged to re-post every time something else shows up - there should be one tomorrow and another on Wednesday (though they keep changing that one).

Madpoet on
    Slay the Spire is great. I didn't click with Dead Cells, but I seem to be in the minority there.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Holy shit on @urahonky s gift. I love my PSVR, my daughter loves my PSVR (minimum age limits be damned) and that is just an awesome gift to give someone.

Enjoy it!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Nah, just wanted to make sure that you didn't feel obliged to re-post every time something else shows up - there should be one tomorrow and another on Wednesday (though they keep changing that one).

Sorry MP, I'm farming as many awesomes as I can out of this.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, gift post coming this week!

Also, worry not, Santee, I usually unload holiday goodies the week of Christmas, so stay tuned!

YL9WnCY.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Santa, FedEx delivered your gift today. Unfortunately I don’t have time to open it for another 8 hours or so, but I will have an official gift get post up later!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh look it's another...

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

This time from @MNC Dover! He thoughtfully gifted me $25 and suggested I pick up Moss for my brand new PSVR set, and I did! It's currently downloading now. No he's not my Santa, just a poster with a big heart! Thank you so much! I played the demo for it and fell in love with how adorable the little mouse was! I can't wait to see how my wife reacts to him!

Gifts out for delivery!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Over the river and through the woods. Santa's almost to his destination.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    kb0dualhqb31.gif

I JUST MET MY SECRET SANTA BECAUSE HE LIVES IN MY TOWN!

@ArcSyn and his family just showed up on my doorstep singing Christmas Carols and bearing gifts!

Unfortunately my Internet is down at the moment and the picture I took with my phone is apparently too large, but I am now the proud owner of two new card games!

Paint the Line: Red Tide and Super Show Knockdown, which looks like a wrestling card game!

I had a really crappy week and this whole experience really gave me a boost. Thank you again @ArcSyn and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    To my Santee,

Your gift is coming, but not till New Year's. Sorry, there were some unavoidable delays.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja