As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E Recruitment - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    DaEvlOne wrote: »
    Ah... then Teapot and Trunks!

Btw love your nickname for us!! Rawk has his own nickname foe Uldin.....Fishy

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Just FYI, ranma isn't feeling well so we're going to give him a little bit more time to post. If he can't, we'll have to move on to keep the story going, and just assume Vaamuj is stomping and yelling at the retreating muggers. In the meantime, feel free to use this opportunity to figure out what you want to do next:

a) Explore the mystery of this card
    b) Start looking for the staff Jace told you to about
    c) Some third, fourth, or fifth thing I can't possibly predict

Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    @ranmasolo Hope you're feeling better bud

lol at Uldin just pretending to get messages from Jace, that's perfect.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    So everyone knows, I'm traveling from the 23rd to the 30th, so if I'm not as responsive next week, that's why. It's also possible that I'll be online constantly and this won't be a problem other than not having my books with me.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    I meant to ask this before, but do we have any starting out gold?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    So that is something I think would depend on the guild that sent each character. I'm working on the assumption that all of their gear was given to them by their guilds or they earned it somehow through their prior work, but honestly I don't think it makes sense here to say everyone starts out with the same amount of gold. I think Rawk and Vaamuj would have less than Uldin and Delveed, since they're both Gruul. I think Delveed would probably come in with the most money because I think the Azorian's would see the importance in his being able to stock up on anything he needs along the way. Vaamuj I don't think would have anything to his name. Jorah's story is a whole other issue and I'm not sure where to slot him. Luckily I have a 9 hour drive staring at me tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to work this out.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Pretty sure Uldin only has money for scotch and cigarettes

I forgot about the Holiday forum thing on here. So, when I was looking to post, I was like "where did it go? Did it get canceled or something?" Now it's back YAY

Even though we just got started, I missed our game so much! I'm ready to get back to work.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Same! I really was worried when it was down! Thanks for the well wishes I hadnt been checking back on this thread and obviously I should have will remember that from now on! Having a blast, cant wait to get back in the thick of things

Oh, also. Yeah, I see Vaamuj as only having the things stuffed in his robes, (aka tons and tons of fabric wrapped around and around his body) which while many and useful... are not very monetarily valuable

ranmasolo on
    We need to figure out what we wanna do and choose so we can go forward. :)

edited January 2019
    If it'll make things easier for folks I can introduce an NPC that says directly, go do this, go do that. I want you all to have fun and to me that always means giving ultimate control to the party, but if you would rather I be more direct with it, I have a doddering corrupt old cleric I can introduce.

Oh, so to answer the gold question from before the holiday:

Vaamuj has what ranma outlined above.
    Rawk would have a couple of bags of rocks he's collected. I think some of them might actually have serious sentimental value to them. There's probably some gems in there, but I don't know if he would know they're gems or if he'd care.
    Uldin is pretty much broke as mentioned.
    Delveed came from the Azorian Senate, so he's got some money. I think they would have given him something like a per diem, nothing huge because he's of such low rank, but they also wouldn't want to be embarrassed by sending someone with nothing to their name.
    Jorah, I'm not sure about. I think he has some money. We'll have to figure out how he got it.

Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    PERFECT Gruul diplomacy and public relations... haha

ranmasolo wrote: »

That's what I was thinking!! This is fun

ranmasolo wrote: »

We are doomed hahaha

I'm getting a streak of good rolls, not looking forward to combat when my streak decides to run out

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Should I make a roll against the intimidation attempt?

Rawk doesn't like people being rude to his friends lol

You don't need to roll, I'll give it to you that it isn't going to work on Delveed.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    We haven't had a long rest since the first combat, have we?

Nope. There was the fight in the street, then you guys basically threw a party, then went to the bar.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Short rest? :)

Sorry, I wasnt attentive this week, guys, i can give you contact info if you ever wanna poke me to remind me to act or just if things get active after a bit of downtime!

You can sign up for email notifications whenever anyone posts on the discussion. That’s what I have turned on

I'll give you a short rest, sure.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Way to f stuff up @ranmasolo

edited January 2019
    I did not expect to kill her with that! Damn haha

Also changed my notifications preference! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to replace my avatar...

ranmasolo on
    I had to roll her up because there wasn't anything in the monster manual that matched what I wanted, so I made a level 1 rogue real quick on DND Beyond. She had 9 HP. She got got.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Forgot two things about me being half-orc.
    1. I should've actually had an extra die when I crit.
    2. When knocked down to 0, as a hal-orc I would've only gone down to 1 the first time he gets knocked down.

Whoops...need to keep up with that lol

I'll admit I am more familiar with the rules for wizards and sorcerers since those are what I usually play - but it's ok, I think that this is something that's going to come with PBP games.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Always a good chance to learn new stuff!

edited January 2019
    @ranmasolo Think we're waiting on your damage roll... just in case :)

DaEvlOne on
    Was swamped at work today, we're gonna move on without the damage roll and just tack it on when he checks the thread again. I know it didn't kill the guy so it'll be fine.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    If it's ok, from now on during battle and/or checks I'm going to go ahead and roll damage with my attack and if it hits cool, if not ok. Just trying to make things go faster. Perhaps this is an idea that DM @Draconiclast likes and would like everyone to do?

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm fine with that.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Roger roger!

Hey @MamaWolf, what’s that geth roll thing you guys are doing? :)

So, @Green and I were on other threads and saw that when they do rolls that they use "geth" it can roll any dice all you have to do is type the command and if you want to say it is For something specific type in "for..." After
    For example:
    Geth roll 2d20+4 for Rawk's Strength Check
    Geth roll 1d12+4 for damage

Rawk's Strength Check:
    2d20+4 19 [2d20=8, 7]
    damage:
    1d12+4 5 [1d12=1]

Now you will have to do separate commands for advantage and disadvantages, unless you add your buff/debuff after the rolls. It's a program that exists that I saw before. Not 100% sure if there is a way to do other things, but that's what I know so far. I will loom into more though.