As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Some info from the Madrid Kotei came out as well in regards to release schedules, and what they’re shooting for.

January will be the big-box release of Children.
    March is the Unicorn clan pack.
    April is Crane.
    May Cycle 3 starts, and they’re back to one per month.
    The three remaining packs will come in Lion, Crab, and Dragon order Q3-4. Dragon will not be out in time to be legal for Worlds.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    New Rules Reference, with a updated Restricted List and a couple card errata.

Article talking about it:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/12/10/an-imperial-edict/

Restricted: (Bold as new.)

Guest of Honor (Core Set, 51)
    Niten Master (Core Set, 64)
    Young Rumormonger (Core Set, 101)
    Rebuild (Core Set, 136)

Mirumoto’s Fury (Core Set, 159)
    For Greater Glory (Core Set, 168)
    Forged Edict (Core Set, 184)
    Charge! (Core Set, 210)
    Pathfinder’s Blade (Imperial Cycle, 31)
    Feast or Famine (Imperial Cycle, 41)
    Policy Debate (Imperial Cycle, 40)
    A Fate Worse than Death (Imperial Cycle, 98)
    Isawa Tadaka (Disciples of the Void, 10)
    Void Fist (Elemental Cycle, 94)

Iron Mine and Against the Waves are unrestricted now.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    And there's the info on the Season 4 kits.

Phoenix-themed.

And the special event...
    In addition to the support it provides for your Conflict Tournaments and Dynasty Leagues, the 2018 Season Four Stronghold Kit contains all the prizes and information you need to run and enjoy a special Rise of the Mantis event.

This competitive tournament serves as a fun and exciting complement to the season's other events, and it provides the perfect opportunity to celebrate the Mantis Clan's growing role in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game.

Additionally, the season's Rise of the Mantis tournament is your chance to contend for a double-sided, extended art version of Hisu Mori Toride, an extended art Yoritomo card, and a playmat featuring the Mantis Clan Champion in action on the main deck of a ship caught in a raging storm.

...*leans in* Go on...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Pasttimes, 2/23. Got it. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Oh hey, we’re back.

There was a couple things over the holidays that happened.

Children of the Empire preview article about Unicorn and Phoenix:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/12/26/the-face-of-honor/

Updates to the format for the upcoming Kotei series:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/12/28/time-honored-traditions/

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options

Some Crab and Scorpion previews from Children.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Those are lackluster Crab cards and bonkers Scorpion cards. So, same as always.

• Options
    I do appreciate they gave a preview schedule, where the 16'th will be Crane and Dragon, and then the 23'rd will be the neutral ones.

Also word coming down from the devs is that there was some sort of delay and Children will *not* be making it in time for January. (I assume shipping, due to the time of year.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Those are lackluster Crab cards and bonkers Scorpion cards. So, same as always.

Sobs

• Options
    ...CRAP, right, there's that Elemental Championship tomorrow. I should actually look into building a deck.

Gah, snuck up on me, forgot it was this early in the year.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    And there's the announcement article for the Crane pack.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options

New Children previews for Crane & Dragon.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    On the RPG front, they put up the adventure they've been using at conventions as a free download. Wedding at Kyotei Castle.

EDIT: ...wait, something in the results sounds familiar... *checks*
    HAH, holy shit. That mention in the results?
    One group refrained from backing any single clan, instead negotiating a truce during which Maeda’s claim could be validated and a path to peace in the region found.

...That was my brother's group at GenCon. They actually stopped the brawl from breaking out.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Those neutral cards look sweet...

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Running a tournament.. finally tomorrow. I've put it off so long. *sighs* I feel like crap over it. I've been in my own headspace, I guess.

I finally consolidated down all the kits we've had piling up, including the S3 stuff. There's some sweet swag in here. I need to start getting it out to people.

I'm committing to running a tourney every 4th Sunday going forward for as long as I can hold out. Which is going to make Feb. interesting, because that's when the Elemental thingy in Chicago is, the day before.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Played in the Phoenix, AZ Kotei this weekend. Rolled in alongside about 7 other people from San Diego.

Ended up going 5-1 on the first day, good enough for 3rd overall going into day 2 and earning Crab Hatamoto status! Unfortunately, I lost in the first round of the cut in day two due to some fairly terrible flops, but I then won a few more games in the elemental challenge and had a good time there. The only other Crab player at the tournament also went 5-1, and ended up winning the entire thing. Crab - few but stalwart.

One of my San Diego crew also made top 8 at the tournament with his Crane, with his only losses coming to Aneil (MindsDesire) and Jared (MoZi, the other Crab player), so I was quite proud of him as well.

Ended up with a ton of stuff and promos. Was a good time all around!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Children of the Emoire has a release date:

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting changes to the Organized Play structure in 2019 and forward:
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/1/30/the-future-of-organized-play/?fbclid=IwAR2jmqUp6OK9zH72EqUGiFUOfKQXCygaoVm5DuJJ64lE9rYlJeakbkvJXME

Good: Supporting weekly casual play in the Seasonal Kits!
    Bad: Worlds 2019 will be invitation only, and invitations can only be secured by winning (or placing highly) at Regional Championship-level events or higher. (This is potentially in parallel or addition to the Kotei/Grand Kotei/Elemental Championship tournament cycle and their Hatamotos).

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah. The worlds being invite only is going to be a huge sticking point, but I have to wonder if it is because they just keep getting bigger and bigger. If they limit access, that... might? let them take them on a world tour? I know that's a big deal too.

• Options
    Second-half of Children of the Empire fiction is up.

I was... not expecting that end part with Sotorii's viewpoint.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    And there's a spoiler drop of the rest of the Children cards.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Huh, so apparently in the finals at the Las Vegas EC it's Dragon vs... Lion?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    New fiction day! The Coiled Snake

Also a RPG preview of the upcoming Shadowlands book.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, so apparently in the finals at the Las Vegas EC it's Dragon vs... Lion?

Who won?

I took down an EC last week... Obviously with Crab!

• Options
    Cycle 3 announced: the Inheritance Cycle.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    There were also a bunch of cards spoiled on a stream today and they are all nuts.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    It's nice to see the one Crane I respect back.

n3IlDoR.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Card is bonkers!

• Options
    Rules Reference updated today.
    Major Changes

Addition of Step 8. to Initiating Abilities/Playing Cards
    At this time the card is considered “played” or the ability “triggered.”

This changes the timing of cards such as Watch Commander and Kirei-ko to occur after the action has resolved instead of before. Watch Commander will now die to Let Go before it can trigger, Kirei-ko can now bow characters that unbow themselves but be discarded by Kitsuki Investigator.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I'm checking now if the EC I am going to on Saturday is going to use the updated FAQ or not. The TO has already said children is going to be legal.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    New preview article up for the Unicorn clan pack: Ride in Unison.

EDIT: Also there was a AMA with OP going on today, and some stuff about Worlds was mentioned.
    A: The move to invitation-only World Championships was to create an event where simply taking part meant something. We wanted players to be proud to even be at the table taking part. For me, this is what a World Championship should be—a competition between the best players in the world.

That being said, Winter Court is more than just a World Championship. It is a celebration of the game, the players, and the community. So starting in 2019, there will be three events held at the Winter Court:

-An opening ceremony (name TBA). This is an event open to anyone without an invitation to the World Championships. Seats at the World Championship will be awarded at this event.

-The World Championships. This is by invitation only and will take place over three days.

-A closing ceremony (name TBA). This is an open event for anybody at the Winter Court, and will happen after the World Championships. This will award invitations to the 2020 World Championships.

And that there'll be side events going on at the same time as the actual Championship for those who didn't qualify.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Any chance of feedback? Here's some refinement of the deck I've been using for 7 months. Turns out I stumbled on a good archtype on my own, though you wouldn't know it...

https://www.bushibuilder.com/l5r/deck/?deck=500a092e-9bfb-11e8-9c0e-020c407d2d9d&public=y

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Any chance of feedback? Here's some refinement of the deck I've been using for 7 months. Turns out I stumbled on a good archtype on my own, though you wouldn't know it...

https://www.bushibuilder.com/l5r/deck/?deck=500a092e-9bfb-11e8-9c0e-020c407d2d9d&public=y

I would cut a Cav Reserves for a third Wayfinder. Cav Reserves isn't really a card you want 3 of in my experience.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.