As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I keep checking the tracking code and checking. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I think I’ve figured out who my Mysterious Satan is, but they’ve made it known via Imps that the secret should not yet be revealed, so I shall wait to voice my conjecture.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i've had some problems with finding gifts to send that allow my to attach giftcards. And i'm torn between trying to find one good final capstone gift that has a giftcard, or just sending a dm, or posting in the thread, when the time comes.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hi Satan!

I'm leaving town on Saturday and I won't be back until Friday the 28th veeerry late.

I will be in Bali, so no need to cry for me.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A package for someone in my house has been delivered to a neighbour. There was no name given on the card so I don't know if it's for me but just in case it is and Satan is worried it didn't arrive. They were out when my brother went to try and collect it, will try again later.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm also leaving town Saturday and won't be back until Wednesday

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I will be leaving Sunday and returning Thursday. I have someone checking on my cat though so they can bring any deliveries inside.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ah man

i love christmastime

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I will be leaving Sunday and returning Thursday. I have someone checking on my cat though so they can bring any deliveries inside.

Are you me?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A package for someone in my house has been delivered to a neighbour. There was no name given on the card so I don't know if it's for me but just in case it is and Satan is worried it didn't arrive. They were out when my brother went to try and collect it, will try again later.

I've got a huge package (...Ladies :winky:)

I haven't fully unpacked it, because I think if I do I will never get the contents back in again, so I'm not sure if there's a note but I haven't found one. It's a polythene greenhouse, so I have somewhere I can start seedlings on my allotment and I can grow warm climate things like chillies and tomatoes more easily in the crappy English summer!

Thank you whoever sent this! It's going to make my growing season way more fun and productive :)

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular

I haven't fully unpacked it, because I think if I do I will never get the contents back in again, so I'm not sure if there's a note but I haven't found one. It's a polythene greenhouse, so I have somewhere I can start seedlings on my allotment and I can grow warm climate things like chillies and tomatoes more easily in the crappy English summer!

Thank you whoever sent this! It's going to make my growing season way more fun and productive :)

Ya, as i was clicking place order i was like "oh wait no, the gift message!" but then it was too late.

Enjoy your greenhouse!

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Oho no... this is a problem. I’ve been gifted and it’s going to be my doom. Truly Satan’s work here.

I have received no less than two Tupperware full of homemade cookies and a large chunk of homemade Cherry Chocolate Fudge... The comforting thought in this all is I know how I will meet my end and it will be death by fudge... and I’m ok with this.
    xhubydlzjqw6.jpeg
    yq3k8vfbypwn.jpeg

Seriously though this is awesome and I’m super psyched to dig in, I only have to delay gratification a few days until I’m down with @Ladybug2332 for Christmas because she would end me if I didn’t bring it with me. Thank you so much @Goatmon this is the best!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm gonna need details on that fudge

• Options
    Nogs wrote: »

Ya, as i was clicking place order i was like "oh wait no, the gift message!" but then it was too late.

Enjoy your greenhouse!

Thanks Nogs! I will name a chilli plant after you.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »

Enjoy your greenhouse!

Thanks Nogs! I will name a chilli plant after you.

Name one of them Spiderman, and send him several pictures!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I got home from work today and collected like 3 packages from the various gift shopping I'd been doing. One from Amazon, one from Blizzard Gear, one from Fangamer.
    Wait, Fangamer? I didn't buy anything from them. Did I? I know I'd looked through while doing all the other shopping. Did I see something I wanted and order it and just forget about it in all the hubbub?

NO! Some very cool, yet still anonymous Lord of Darkness correctly ascertained that I both love Stardew Valley, and hate being cold.
    Cat included for scale.
    1dof60g6aogo.jpg

ot3cyfaozc69.jpg

Thank you Satan! Whoever you are.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    A secret satan gift has arrived!

From mom???
    BBj0HVx.jpg?1

I uhh.. hmm. What could it be?

klE4VUo.jpg?1

Super Smash Bros!

Wait... is this just gonna be Shaq Fu?

kBNYKhM.jpg?1

Ohh, it's SOAPer Smash Brothers, haha nice.

And the back of the box had an eShop code for SMASH ULTIMATE, from mom @crwth! Thanks a lot!

I haven't played any smash since N64, so the framing of your gift worked on a whole nother level.

crwth wrote: »
    i’ve devised a gift delivery that i can only describe as

Very Good
    McjrmdX.jpg

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Noggin wrote: »
    A secret satan gift has arrived!

From mom???
    BBj0HVx.jpg?1

I uhh.. hmm. What could it be?

klE4VUo.jpg?1

Super Smash Bros!

Wait... is this just gonna be Shaq Fu?

kBNYKhM.jpg?1

Ohh, it's SOAPer Smash Brothers, haha nice.

And the back of the box had an eShop code for SMASH ULTIMATE, from mom @crwth! Thanks a lot!

I haven't played any smash since N64, so the framing of your gift worked on a whole nother level.

i’ve devised a gift delivery that i can only describe as

Very Good
    McjrmdX.jpg

I

love this

What does Super Smash Bros....smell like?

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    apple!

it actually came in a lot of scents, i just chose the one that spoke to me

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    apple!

it actually came in a lot of scents, i just chose the one that spoke to me

Apples are an edible fruit in Smash Bros

You made....the right choice

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    My first gift delivery is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I am simultaneously excited and nervous about everything due to my experience with the whole process this year.

EDIT: Tracking says delivered. OPEN YOUR PACKAGE GOD DAMMIT. Hehe, package.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    The great thing about working midnights is that I awake in the evening to a big box addressed to me. It’s just like Christmas!

I’ll post pictures when I get back from work.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Guyyyysss I got Satan'ed!

Pics later, I swear, I was packing and cleaning all day, but @tynic rules!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Another package has arrived which I believe may have an infernal origin

I state this because I am full in on other Christmas stuff and may not have time to get beyond the storyboarding stage of my process until after the New Year

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Satanee I haven't forgotten you! I just finished shopping for my family and should finally have time and money to get you something, but it may not arrive until after Christmas! Please excuse the delay

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah. My Satanee is not getting gifted before Christmas unfortunately.

Damn 60 hour work weeks

• Options
    The final 2 components of my Satanee's gifts are expected to arrive on the 3rd.

Side note: My phone recognizes Satanee's as a word.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My Satanee should expect more gift after the new year, because the thing I wanted to get them was out of stock for over a dang month

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My satanee should expect something in the new year, sorry about that. I’m trying to be really extra with your package and was planning to get it out by the Christmas shopping deadline but instead I’m pulling a combination of working a bunch of hours over Christmas while sick.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sorry this took so dang long. Pictures!
    I came home to a pretty big box a week ago. I'd ordered something from Amazon myself recently but razor blades don't need something like this.
    6lwIhfy.jpg
    DtXEWe9.jpg
    Double feature you say?
    lKovNOj.jpg
    aF95hU1.jpg
    I'm a big fan of both of these. One of my roommates ruined my copy of Bastards and Edge of Tomorrow has been on The List for quite a while. And thoughtfully included was this:
    3oWlUm5.jpg
    Nibbles! And now the thing that took up the bulk of the package:
    BxVhlcr.jpg
    ni3vsuQ.jpg
    Since I took a blurry photo of the note: "PS. This is a pretty neat accessory I hope you'll have room for, so you can display your gunpla the way @colvinology does. Beer not included, sorry!

And an example of how the dude does it:

I'm gonna need to work on my painting before I can put something like that together, but I can actually afford hobbies these days. Once again, thanks very much @Cello!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Today I shipped my gift off to my Satan, hopefully the delivery is swift.

Additionally @Blackhawk1313 is a glorious person and has sent me 2 more games for the PS4. Ark and Dying Light, my oldest son is very excited, his best friend has those games too and he wanted to get them so they could play together.

Happy Holidays Blackhawk, you have brought a ton of joy to us this year.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Today I shipped my gift off to my Satan, hopefully the delivery is swift.

Additionally @Blackhawk1313 is a glorious person and has sent me 2 more games for the PS4. Ark and Dying Light, my oldest son is very excited, his best friend has those games too and he wanted to get them so they could play together.

Happy Holidays Blackhawk, you have brought a ton of joy to us this year.

Same to you as well, I’m so glad you enjoy everything, bringing holiday joy is always job zero for me during this time of year. Especially needed to spread some this year to remind myself that even though I feel a bit helpless stuck here in this wreck of a city, I still have the ability to reach out and be good to others.

• Options
    Okay I am full on stress out mode. USPS done me wrong previously with the "delivered" status once already, and then the damaged product. . . I need a Satan's miracle.

• Options
    folks...i checked the mail today and wouldn’t you know there was a package there that frankly...i didn’t even order!
    XvdrSlVl.jpg
    wow three handsomely wrapped presents! i can’t wait to open them on this, my first secret satans

i started with the christmas tree present

B9tYA0gl.jpg

whoa it’s my overwatch main! my baby girl who finally got me to platinum! she’s so happy and guess what so am i

that’s would have been more than enough itself but there were still two more presents holy shit so i moved on to the candy cane present

LfsJYwfl.jpg

ah fuck
    look at this dope as hell sweater!! good for health, bad for education babeyyyy!

but still there was the krampus wrapped present. perhaps i had been bad after all? perhaps this was my comeuppance

TT3FFl9l.jpg

jk mother fucker it was ya boy xavier woods from the

NEW

DAY

even if you don’t watch wrestling i mean look at this very good boy

FXDzWrJl.jpg
    QxO4HAVl.jpg

wow amazing i love it but WAIT there was a letter attached

4Yklgu9l.jpg
    hai lsa tan

i dunno, sounds japanese...maybe more clues inside

BQ11N8Fl.jpg
    oh!!!! hail satan! my first satan ever all thanks to @Tonkka ! this is so great!

what a time of year, i’m so glad i was able to be a part of it ☺️

now i have to figure out where i put this button and sticker without making my pastor father in law think i’m a satan worshipper 🤔

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    STRESS RELIEVED.

THANK YOU SATAN.

• Options
    All of y’all are beautiful people and it warms the shit out of my heart.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Also @crwth there is another thing coming your way. Soon-ish?

I am super happy you got your stuff and that you like it. Happy Satan's buddy!

EDIT: I almost ordered that sweatshirt for myself as well, because it's fuckin' sweet as all hell.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    dude the sweater owns and frankly a lot of that store owns and i’ll be ordering more from them in the future

another package???? wtf

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    A thing got damaged, so I had to wait for the replacement to arrive. So I will be sending that out next week.

Also, I absolutely bookmarked that store.

• Options
    I used my sister's name on the return address so you wouldn't know who it was from immediately.

Please do not dox my sister.