As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SAINTS 2018

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    There was no card or note as to who sent this box, but thank you unnamed saint!

That was from me! There were no gift option, but I am glad it came in good use!

Very much, i keep finding myself cooking and thinking "But i don't have one of those" but I do now!

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Well I am a dummy and did not get some things ordered in time. As a result some of y'all will be having a Late Christmas. Sorry!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh shit! What is happening here??
    L3L2tbwl.jpg

No way!
    ALbGHQml.jpg

!!!!!!
    Thank you so much, @Blackhawk1313 !

Y'all are spoiling us hard this year. The kids will be so psyched to play! And I can play it with Christine :D

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Welcome! There should be one other package, it says it’s been delivered but it was separate from that one.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pokemon for all!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Welcome! There should be one other package, it says it’s been delivered but it was separate from that one.

Do you wanna send me the tracking info? I can fuss at them if needed. They opened up an Amazon warehouse nearby and stuff has been so much worse somehow?

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    It says it was delivered to your address at 12:13 PM by USPS. The other says it came later, you got the one that came later, hope someone didn’t steal a package from y’all.

Blackhawk1313 on
    It says it was delivered to your address at 12:13 PM by USPS. The other says it came later, you got the one that came later, hope someone didn’t steal a package from y’all.

That's odd. They didn't even get to our house until 5! Hurm. I'll poke the neighbors

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My usps delivers Amazon packages all day, multiple times outside of regular mail

They also like to say things are delivered when they're not. Like, hours or days before

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I find it interesting that Amazon pays the USPS to deliver on Sunday
    But my mailman finds it well discourteous that we will pick up the packages at the curb right from the truck

Oh gasp!
    XNSut02l.jpg
    I WILL BE THE VERY BEST
    LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!

(thank youuuuuu)

edited December 2018
    Ok now I’m happy both have arrived and I can breath a sigh of relief. A brief stupid story about that thing. I was going to just buy you the bundled one, but it wouldn’t have arrived until January which I found utterly unacceptable (I mean really, who delays a pokemon champion like that)? So I found if I ordered each separately though a bit pricier, they would arrive today, which I’m glad to see worked out after all. Anywho, enjoy! My wife and I love it (she has eevee and I have Pikachu). ^_^

Blackhawk1313 on
    Ok now I’m happy both have arrived and I can breath a sigh of relief. A brief stupid story about that thing. I was going to just buy you the bundled one, but it wouldn’t have arrived until January which I found utterly unacceptable (I mean really, who delays a pokemon champion like that)? So I found if I ordered each separately though a bit pricier, they would arrive today, which I’m glad to see worked out after all. Anywho, enjoy! My wife and I love it (she has eevee and I have Pikachu). ^_^

I just caught a Pikachu sooooo best of both worlds here! Hehe

I just caught a Pikachu sooooo best of both worlds here! Hehe

Yay! Pika-Pi!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2018
    Edit: never mind, gift was from IRL and not saints

Garlic Bread on
    Saints present! No name, it just said Secret Saint, but, um, holy shit?

17s1ocqve8bp.jpg

I just got a bunch of clothes making tools and materials yesterday, so this is amazing?? I've been looking at sewing machines for a while, but the only ones on my price range have been at the thrift store and I don't trust them to work (since I don't know how to use one yet). This one seems completely banging? It's huge! I have some friends that said they can teach me how to use it and I can't wait to learn

Thank you, anonymous Saint! If I knew who you were, I'd make you like...a neck tie? That seems my level. I'm seriously so amped and excited for this. I've wanted to learn for forever, and this combined with the other stuff I got yesterday (muslin, fabric cutting tools, pins, measuring stuff, etc) has lit a fire under my ass to learn

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sweet haul!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    A wild peruvian package arrived this weekend???

ro0izrirny2c.jpg

Alpaca wool! So warm and soft!

Thank you saint!!
    5ts3k1rbscq1.jpg

And they are transformers!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey!

Hey!

I have it on good authority that there are gifts IN THE MAIL for a couple people

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hey, Secret Saints!

I got a second slow cooker tonight.

But the mystery deepens, because apparently this slow cooker was sent from me, to me.

BUT it has the gift note that I got when I got Dinosaur Empire?! Except, again, from me

And it's not on my amazon orders. And the date on the invoice is from one week ago, which would be well after I got my first slow cooker, and thus, bizarre that anyone would gift me one, especially since I took all the slow cookers off my wish list prior to that.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KINDA BESAINTING IS OCCURRING?

Rainfall on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Hey, Secret Saints!

But the mystery deepens, because apparently this slow cooker was sent from me, to me.

BUT it has the gift note that I got when I got Dinosaur Empire?! Except, again, from me

And it's not on my amazon orders. And the date on the invoice is from one week ago, which would be well after I got my first slow cooker, and thus, bizarre that anyone would gift me one, especially since I took all the slow cookers off my wish list prior to that.

It sounds like some time travel may have been involved.

Have you been craving chocolatized dairy products?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Hey, Secret Saints!

It sounds like some time travel may have been involved.

Have you been craving chocolatized dairy products?

I've never craved dairy or chocolate in my life, and certainly not both at once

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have no explanation for that but I have had to freeze my card because somebody has been trying to use it on US Amazon, so maybe the time traveler stole my card details to buy you a slow cooker.

No. I have it on good authority that the second slow cooker is a gift and is correct.

I do know there was some weird shipping shenanigans with it though.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Two show cookers is awesome.

An especially if they're different sizes or shapes.

I've got a big tall one and a shallow oval one. I use the tall one for soups and the shallow one for things like roasts or chicken dinners.

Also multiple are useful if you're looking into doing some preserving or jam making. Or if you're having a big party and you can do chili in one and mulled cider in the other.

I think we have like... 4 slow cookers?

I don't know why. We only ever use the one.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Parties.

Potluck dinner.

Wool dying.

That last one might just be me though.

Oh I'll dye some wool!

:winky:

it's supposedly really easy!

Just need some animal fibre yarns, like wool or alpaca or silk, so some blend of the above, some food colouring, and an acid. usually either vinegar or citric acid. Then apply your colour and then heat it up.

I'll get around to trying it one of these days.

A wild saint appears!

It's @Ketar

Ketar uses Gifts!

It's super generous!

Ketar uses Hang out and get local pizza

Uriel is KO'd

:biggrin:

Thanks for all the wonderful gits Ketar and for hanging out after such a long drive out here, I wish you a really safe drive home buddy! It was great meeting you!

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    So what's the difference between Secret Saints and Satans? I've never actually asked

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    So what's the difference between Secret Saints and Satans? I've never actually asked

Secret Saints is giving to people who need it, without getting anything in return. Secret Satans is just Secret Santa, with a better name.

Secret Saiyan is what Goku was before he was told where he came from.

More gifts for the gift gods!

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    A wild saint appears!

It's @Ketar

Ketar uses Gifts!

It's super generous!

Uriel is KO'd

Thanks for all the wonderful gits Ketar and for hanging out after such a long drive out here, I wish you a really safe drive home buddy! It was great meeting you!

I made it home in one piece :P

My back is not so thrilled with me driving 9 hours in one day. Oof. Totally worth it though to get to meet you and hang out for a bit. Enjoy the movie, beer and mead and put the new kitchen supplies to good use!

Ketar wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    A wild saint appears!

It's @Ketar

Ketar uses Gifts!

It's super generous!

Uriel is KO'd

I made it home in one piece :P

My back is not so thrilled with me driving 9 hours in one day. Oof. Totally worth it though to get to meet you and hang out for a bit. Enjoy the movie, beer and mead and put the new kitchen supplies to good use!

For sure. I used the microwave this morning to zap a quick breakfast snack, it works great. I'm probably going to open a mead tonight for new years eve. Thanks again!

Oh I'll have to ask the forums for a good whole wheat bread recipe for some of this flour, though I can probably come up with a decent one myself.

The hard thing will be looking for an easy enough recipe for this cake flour, I'm leaning towards some kind of cupcake recipe?

Got some presents! A Switch eshop card with the specific instructions to buy Undertale (which is exactly what I'm gonna do, I've been having an rpg itch), and a Petco gift card to treat my puppies with! There was also a nice card, and a note saying something else was delayed? The holidays last even longer!

Thank you so much, @IronKnuckle's Ghost! You made my day go from bad to awesome

I opened the bigger of the meads to share with friends on new years eve during the back drop. It didn't survive the night it was a big hit. Very good mead.

I also had some of the kolsch beer. Also very good.

What I'm saying is I had a hangover yesterday.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Yay! Also I'm glad you can read my terrible handwriting.

edited January 2019
    Yay! Also I'm glad you can read my terrible handwriting.

I worked in pharmacies for 6 years. Doctors really do have the worst penmanship

Garlic Bread on