As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    1/3 Bartz Wind Burst

Well, slowly building out a complete Bartz, I guess. This gives me OSB, Fire, Water, Wind, LMR, SSB, and Glint. Which is a combined +70 base ATK

Now to get one of the USBs and his AASB >_>

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Gilgamesh LMR. I have nothing modern for him, unfortunately. Just his old SSB and BSB1.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    With that much attack, the Overstrike, and Bartz’s access to powerful 6-star abilities and dualcast, he’s probably good for a lot of teams as it is. When I took Bartz to Quetzalcoatl, I found his Earth burst to be about as important as his U1. Particularly since I don’t have an Earth chain to wring the full potential out of his U1. Granted, I still had the U1, but I imagine the Glint and Overstrike, which I didn’t have, would do a lot of good as well.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF6-1 100 gems: 3* blah. Don't know what I should have expected after this morning.

Data for posterity:
    337 misses in a row

38/347 lifetime

5/92 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Kelgier lmr

6 lmrs in a row, no 6*s since 14, and since that was the meme shield that I had already gotten, no actual 6*s since queen’s on the first pull.

This is just the worst.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Enlong wrote: »
    With that much attack, the Overstrike, and Bartz’s access to powerful 6-star abilities and dualcast, he’s probably good for a lot of teams as it is. When I took Bartz to Quetzalcoatl, I found his Earth burst to be about as important as his U1. Particularly since I don’t have an Earth chain to wring the full potential out of his U1. Granted, I still had the U1, but I imagine the Glint and Overstrike, which I didn’t have, would do a lot of good as well.

Yeah, I've actually chased him a couple times, but came away empty handed. Had only his SSB from the G11 draw. Then got glint and LMR together in some random draw, did fire select from AA to get venElement for torment, selected 5 in the OSB/BSB/healer thing, and now this. He's been good since I got glint/lmr, but he's slowly been becoming the whole package.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Shouldn't be surprised this RoP, but Galuf BSB2 dupe. Blah.

PSA: Cagnazzo Kindred+ casts water chain on your team, overwriting any chain you have. That thing is a fucking marathon.

We got it done, but three of us were 100% out of hones and just attacking every turn at the end.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Hmmm...this would be good. If I didn't already have Vincent's Chain;
    m064uq7zgsq0.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Hmmmm.

So, from what I've seen, people seem to swear by Fire Machinists for Mateus, particularly after we get the event with the Actually Useful version of Flame Offering.

I just so happen to have Cid Garlond's Super, which inflicts Imperil Fire, and he can be legend dove for Dualcast Machinist.

Am I actually considering legend diving a dude with only a Super Soul Break, just because he may be my best bet for a specific boss? Maybe.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    V: 1/3, no disco. Galuf BSB2 (dupe).

Bleh. Fodder for the 7* weapons!

So, here's something interesting.

If you've been following the Japan Future Vision, you'll know that this FFVI event was the start of the less-than-popular and short-lived format where the banners contained 2 fewer relics than usual, and had a slightly higher chance of off-banner 5-star weapons.

Our version of this event seems to not be doing that. There are two more relics on this banner than there were on the Japan version of the event. Namely, Edgar's Ultra, and Locke's Burst1. Should be interesting for the future.

edited December 2018
    Hahahaha...

Not a single clear on the Mateus thread yet doesn't have Elarra's Ultra...

edit:

Oh, and I can see why! Not much any other healer can do when he starts dropping Overstrikes after Sapping everyone. Only real recourse is to use Reflect, and then you can't use any normal healing.

Well, the first Flash Freeze happens on the initial Reflect targets. Maybe if I were to have Relm carry Carbuncle in her back pocket and cast it when her Curada hones are low and the other slots are due to get zapped. Giving Mateus overstrike levels of HP back sucks hard, though.

Enlong on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    1/3, 1 disco: Faris USB "Pirate Princess". Nine ranged physical wind/nonelement attacks randomly distributed, lower wind resistance by two, and large debuffs to attack, magic and mind. Not bad!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    Bartz OSB from the Parade. Always nice to have more for Bartz :)

• FryFry Registered User regular
    In theory, I imagine it could be possible to heal the Mateus fight with something like Yshtola BSB and using AOE commands, but since I have Elarra now I'm probably not going to bother trying anything else

JaysonFour wrote: »
    1/3, 1 disco: Faris USB "Pirate Princess". Nine ranged physical wind/nonelement attacks randomly distributed, lower wind resistance by two, and large debuffs to attack, magic and mind. Not bad!

That one is used in a lot of clears. Also it's got a super fun animation

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Gil OSB, blegh. Even the animation is meh.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Bartz Arcane! That adds on to the SSB, 4 BSB's, glint, OSB, and 2 USB's, and LMR I already have for him. 110 extra attack! I should probably make sure he is on more teams.

Daily hit Yuffie LMR!

edited December 2018
    Oh my god fuck this Mateus fight.

So much fun to see a fully leveled Belias hit for 6000 damage when I want to break rage. So nice to try and heal through an anti-magic barrier while he stacks Imperil ice, eventually dropping 7000+ AOEs every second turn. So heartening to see that every clear uses a rare relic that I’ll be lucky to have a shot at twice in a year.

I was foolish to consider drawing for Edgar’s stuff. A better machinist isn’t going to solve the fundamental problems I have with this fight. Edgar isn’t gonna make me suddenly able to survive these attacks, or make Belias able to break Rage.

I’d love to use Shelke for something, but I’m full up. I need the chain (Gilgamesh), imperils go counter BarFire (Garlond), Wall, Proshellga, Hastega (Tyro), an actual healer (Relm) and an actual damage dealer (currently Locke, but surprise surprise he runs out of hones by the halfway mark).

Here I thought I was good with Fire, but this fight has proven me a fool for thinking that. If anything could make me consider just walking away, it’s failing so hard like this.

Enlong on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    JaysonFour wrote: »

I use this all the time on my Wind team. One of my favorite relics.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Isn’t mateys usually weak to lightning?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I was not expecting to take a 99999 AOE from holiday Shiva XIV. Real fortunate I had last stand up and a medica mid cast.

edited December 2018
    Fry wrote: »
    I was not expecting to take a 99999 AOE from holiday Shiva XIV. Real fortunate I had last stand up and a medica mid cast.

DPS checks, yo. Kill one Ice Soldier and it becomes survivable. Kill both and I imagine it becomes trivial. It’s basically the same as in XIV, except that you’re allowed to survive with only one of them dead.

Enlong on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Lol yeah dr mog said fixed damage, I’m not sure that was the most important thing to note about that AOE.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Decided to take Bartz fire BSB from AA selection. I was just sitting on it anyway, may as well get a 5th BSB and +10 more atk for him.

Edit: 434 atk before gear/synergy. I definitely need to make room for him on any team he could fit on.

Leeks on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Tweaked my Belias clear a bit (changed Palom RM from TGM to +DMG, since he had enough Fastcast from elsewhere), tightened up the turn order and learned the muscle memory, and got two more clears, 30.74s, and 28ish seconds. The first time I managed to skip right from phase 2 Saber to phase 3, but couldn't close the deal fast enough. I did have enough time to reup Eiko's USB for some longevity. The second time I made the skip as well, but forgot to refresh Power Break, so it cascaded into Eiko dying early. BUT I had a bajillion W-casts and he died before he could kill me.

Definitely an RNG heavy clear. If I don't skip from Saber to phase 3, it's still possible to get a kill, but not certain, which is annoying. I'll probably clear it one more time and then go farm Marilis for stuff to inherit onto Belias. Fighting the boss for 8-9 minutes only to find out at the very end I didn't get enough W-casts is too frustrating.

E: I will say how elegantly the fight is scripted though. Weaving the slot 234 attack and the slot 1 and 5 attack is really neat, since the DPS survive one turn extra if everything is done right, which gives just enough time.

E2: oh, question. For the very first turn, it's random who gets it. Sometimes it's Onion Knight, which is what I planned for, but other times it's Tidus, and I have to reset right away.

My slots are:
    Eiko
    Palom
    Rydia
    OK
    Tidus

silence1186 on
    1/3 Palom LMR

enLit for a character I have his BSB, USB, and dive for already? Sure.

edited December 2018
    Bought Bartz's O and Relm's B for Mateus. Not quite... there yet. But I think it's possible with what I've got, if I can route the fight correctly. And those relics are generically wonderful enough that I ain't losing sleep over spending my Full Throttle selection and one of my AA relics on them.

Anyway, IV parade:

Decil Glint.

Now this is an odd one. Almost kills himself, but gains an equivalently huge Bubble, and boosts Darkness abilities (without it being an actual Endark). Interesting. It's clearly intended to be used with his Trance LMR, or to extend his U, if one has it.

...not "better than tricked-out Sephiroth" great, or "is gonna push Riku or Sice out of my team" great, but interesting enough to maybe try out in IV teams, or to look for some of his other stuff in the future.

Enlong on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    9k97egjfwvcl.png
    p6o9dhcrsoj7.png

I've been busy

Elarra really is the best Magicite healer bar none, huh?

She might be the best healer, full stop.

Especially if you have her Burst. Rosa will eventually have a clone of Magicka Album, but she can't do Last Stand.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    She's literally just the best healer

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    IV parade - Kain Brave USB

Finally, something decent! My physical lightning selection has been a bit sparse, and I guess Kain is pretty much mandatory in the torment from what I've heard.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Was hoping for Golbez Dark Chain and the universe almost heard me - 2/3 Golbez BSB2, Ceodore USB.

Both new but I don't picture using Ceodore for anything *throws 11th holy sword on the pile in the vault*

E2: oh, question. For the very first turn, it's random who gets it. Sometimes it's Onion Knight, which is what I planned for, but other times it's Tidus, and I have to reset right away.

My slots are:
    Eiko
    Palom
    Rydia
    OK
    Tidus

Usually first turn should be in speed order, but it doesn't always - one of the Reddit folks said that can happen sometimes if you aren't getting a consistent framerate. Something that's supposed to help is if you put the faster characters at the top of your party order. For magicite you don't necessarily have full flexibility on party order, but you could swap Eiko and Tidus and that would probably make it consistent.

Varg wrote: »
    Was hoping for Golbez Dark Chain and the universe almost heard me - 2/3 Golbez BSB2, Ceodore USB.

Both new but I don't picture using Ceodore for anything *throws 11th holy sword on the pile in the vault*

I might start using Ceodore and his Ultra again once the 6-star Knight ability, Enhance Raid, comes out. It's a Knight ability that does good Holy damage and also heals an ally. With Ceodore's Legend Dive granting him a chance to heal someone after each Knight ability, he may have a place.

Alternatively, one could give Enhance Raid to someone with Dualcast Knight (so, like, Leo or Beatrix or someone), and have Ceodore use Guardbringer with that Legend Dive, just in case one needs a Knight team with lots of incidental healing. There's only one copy of Enhance Raid that someone can get, so adding extra incidental healing is a niche basically no Knight but Ceodore can fill. So there's that, at least.

Enlong wrote: »
    Varg wrote: »

I might start using Ceodore and his Ultra again once the 6-star Knight ability, Enhance Raid, comes out. It's a Knight ability that does good Holy damage and also heals an ally. With Ceodore's Legend Dive granting him a chance to heal someone after each Knight ability, he may have a place.

Alternatively, one could give Enhance Raid to someone with Dualcast Knight (so, like, Leo or Beatrix or someone), and have Ceodore use Guardbringer with that Legend Dive, just in case one needs a Knight team with lots of incidental healing. There's only one copy of Enhance Raid that someone can get, so adding extra incidental healing is a niche basically no Knight but Ceodore can fill. So there's that, at least.

Will keep this in mind, Not too many dives in the Spirit/Bravery section to think about anyway :)

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Golbez bsb2. At least it’s not an lmr, even if I’ll never use it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    @Jragghen, thanks so much for posting your October 6th King Behemoth clear. I just managed to take him out for the first time with a slightly tweaked version.

Maria BSB+AOSB
    Rinoa OSB+Glint
    Edge USB0 (no LMR though)
    Red XIII Chain
    Shelke entrustbot

I have a better chain in Red XIII, which allows me to use Shelke as an entrust bot for Edge. That appears to more than offset my lack of Edge LMR.

It's only a 50s clear, but it's done. Now to run it god knows how many more times.

This discussion has been closed.