As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    This is very much a hyper specific Toei thing as much as it is an example of over vigilant orgs protecting their ips

They regularly take down power rangers fan videos because of the use of sentai footage therein

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    This is very much a hyper specific Toei thing as much as it is an example of over vigilant orgs protecting their ips

They regularly take down power rangers fan videos because of the use of sentai footage therein

they also change their mind constantly on what is and isn't okay in regards to their footage

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I can not seem to beat my brother's nightmare as kilik

Need more practice as him.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Seeing DBFZ being murdered when it's on the top of the world of fighting games is a gigantic what the fuck.

As far as companies go, I wonder how pissed Bandai Namco and Ark Systems Works must be about this.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    holy shit

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I always forget that you can use the guest characters as custom characters this time

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Holy shit i love that so much.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
    The Top 8 for that Geico Tekken league that's been happening all year just started.

Binchang vs. fightinggm (on now)
    Spero Gin vs. P Ling
    Joonya vs. Rickstah
    Runitblack vs. Shadow

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Ugh god, I thought gm died.

So did commentary

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    P. Ling vs Shadow
    Well that was the most one-sided Tekken set I have ever seen

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    My ps4 is busted. The white light comes on like it's running but I get no signal.

Soonest I can replace it would probably be middle of next year. Bummer.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    uriel id at least call ps4 support, there may be something they can do thats cheaper than a full replacement

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited December 2018
    Well actually I just rebooted my TV (the one thing I hadn't tried yet because my TV usually takes forever to reboot) and it started working

It must be an hdmi handshake issue that's gotten worse since my TV got a firmware update.

Go figure. Still the hdmi port of the ps4 is probably going to go out someday.

I'm actually going to dig through my tv settings and see if something funky is in there under hdmi or symc settings since the update. It's a Sony tv you figure it'd play real nice with the ps4?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I had bad luck with my last Sony TV

it lasted awhile before it would not recognize any hdmi or flicker or switch video settings for no reason

seemed like a manufacturing error

Mine is good depending on the firmware revision. For a while it used to reboot on its own randomly...

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Evo Japan registration just opened, finally. Like last time, it's free entry for the tournament, costs $40-$90 for day 3 arena spectator tickets, and probably nobody else I know is going.

• Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Boy there sure are a lot of shotos running around in sfv online

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Boy there sure are a lot of shotos running around in sfv online

Given the percentage of the cast that Capcom dedicates to them, it's inevitable.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    if you are the siegfried you seem really passive after knockdowns

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited December 2018
    P10 wrote: »
    if you are the siegfried you seem really passive after knockdowns

Yeah. He kind of had me off guard. I'm used to maxi being more aggressive.

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited December 2018
    Uriel wrote: »

P10 makes a good point. You seemed to lie in wait a lot; I'd rather Ukemi, roll to the side, or wake up WR K. Even though tech traps can punish you for acting immediately, I just do it until they prove it's a problem.

I liked a lot of the choices you were making in neutral and base stance. You made great reads by setting up a stance on knockdown and chaining into another knockdown. If they're mashy, you might get hit by a wake-up attack doing it too close, but you've got a solid approach.

For improvements, take a look at these areas:
    1. Get extra damage after big openings. For example, practice doing a follow-up from SBH B (the huge launcher). The only time Sieg can combo into super is after SBH B (or a successful RE B), so keep that in your back pocket. Even without super, get familiar with a basic combo like SBH B, 66B.
    2. Use safer alternatives to AAA in neutral. It's slower than you'd think (i16 compared to Maxi's i12), -12 on block, and also puts you at risk for a WR launcher if they crouch. At best, you'd only use it to mix up AAA and AA(B) at tip range. If you just want a quick move, 4A is faster, b6 is faster and gives free combo, 2A has surprising range and tech crouches under highs, and 5K is fastest at i12 but is a linear high that doesn't even give you advantage on hit.
    3. Get into stances safely. I saw a raw 4B+K AA, which takes 20 frames for the stance and 22 for the startup of the AA. Unless you've got some hard read that 4B+K will pull back just far enough to cause a specific whiff, it gives away 42 frames. That's enough time for him to do a launcher twice.
    4. Prefer SC over raw CE to escape pressure. CE worked out this time, but it's just a guess. It opens you to punishes if they step or GI. SC comes out faster and can't be stepped or GI'd. His SC b6B and SC 66KB are break attacks that let you keep taking turns once you've made space with SC activation.
    5. To hit a grounded enemy, a:(B) is faster than 1(B). 1(B) has good reach, but it's slow at i30. His a:(B) is a mid, but also hits on the floor, also transitions to SBH, also does the same damage, and comes out in i18. If they start holding G to stand and block it, then you can mix in the slower 1(B).

In general, you've got the right flow but could use some upgrades on the specific moves. I have a small cheat sheet of good tools, with startup / recovery frames color coded: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uYIG_cgegH5UzgswK-y4UHcyBOT9Fd1PnwJkZ_u1HFM/edit?usp=sharing

templewulf on
    edited December 2018
    I edited the spoiler a bit for clarity and better info. Let me know if the cheat sheet needs more explanation.

templewulf on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i meant after knocking down the opponent, actually, but I only skimmed the video

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    It's all a bit too technical for me. I'm very much a hands on learner when it comes to games. I can kinda read the notation but it's hard to read something like that and think about how to apply it during a match where everthing I do is by feel.

Uriel wrote: »
    It's all a bit too technical for me. I'm very much a hands on learner when it comes to games. I can kinda read the notation but it's hard to read something like that and think about how to apply it during a match where everthing I do is by feel.

Do you mean the spreadsheet? That kind of thing comes with time. I assigned colors to subjective number cutoffs, so you can feel it out based on that. Just try out each move in practice and compare it to the stuff you're doing intuitively. Get a feel for the different speeds of startup and recovery.

You probably won't be able to feel out the difference between 14 and 16 frame startup (0.2333 and 0.2666 seconds), but it might help to know what your fastest moves are when it comes down to a split second.

Yeah I mean, I rarely learn much l playing against a dummy and have a hard time applying stuff from charts during a real match while under full pressure.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Kage is too volatile to be top tier IMO. His neutral is too guess-y (also I think it's bad) and he can't control the match and he BLEEDS if he gets hit.

I think when I'm done messing around with him I'm going to go to G. G is a FUCKING PROBLEM this season, he's absolutely nuts.

iG3kv1d.png
    truly I was the prophet this entire time

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    @Blackbeard7 wanna play some rn

iG3kv1d.png
    heck no I just woke up and I got stuff to do, day before christmas and all

honestly I've been playing so much smash lately that I may as well just be a smash player at this point

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Looking at the patch notes my predictions are.

- Ibuki, Menat, Akuma and Guile are still top tier just a little less autopilot in some areas.
    - Cammy may have dropped a bit but probably still high mid at least.
    - Urien, Bison, G, Kolin probably joining the high ranks(Urien was already arguably top 10).
    - Ryu, Alex, and Vega probably all mid-tier now(I think Vega might be high mid but will have to wait and see).
    - Probably see more Zangief but I don't see Abigail going away either.
    - Not sure what to make of Zeku yet but he was already on the rise and just got more buffs.

Dragkonias on
    We're back! Happy New Year, everybody.

My resolution is to get into way more fights this year. Thanks, everybody, for helping me level up

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    happy 2019 fg thread

J3qcnBP.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the year has begun strong with a 6 man SFV lobby that transitioned to an 8-man SC6 lobby featuring "Extremely Giant Metal Dildo" Sueng-Mina

edited January 2019
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the year has begun strong with a 6 man SFV lobby that transitioned to an 8-man SC6 lobby featuring "Extremely Giant Metal Dildo" Sueng-Mina

This is gonna be a good year for fights and phalluses

Edit: A year of fights and phalluses, eternally retold!

templewulf on
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Ranked mode matchmaking is a cruel mistress

This discussion has been closed.