As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    i really want a more animation accurate prime, but i agree about waiting for a less accessory intensive release

edit: so is the backpack detachable? i see they added stuff to make it the jetpack but is it always there otherwise? because that's....not exciting

WingedWeasel on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    There is going to be a backpack since the cab kibble all stuffs into it somehow. Plus the grey prototype and other images show him having it since it matches with the cartoon.
    I'll wait to see if it's actually stable and durable, and if it turns out it doesn't snap in half, then I'll maybe wait for a sale or something

I also prefer less of a cartoon look and more of the toy look, so I'm still perfectly happy with MP10. Like, I wish Sunstreaker had an alt toy-version head.

They did make a toy looking head. Unfortunately it is attached to Cordon instead.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »
    There is going to be a backpack since the cab kibble all stuffs into it somehow. Plus the grey prototype and other images show him having it since it matches with the cartoon.
    I'll wait to see if it's actually stable and durable, and if it turns out it doesn't snap in half, then I'll maybe wait for a sale or something

I also prefer less of a cartoon look and more of the toy look, so I'm still perfectly happy with MP10. Like, I wish Sunstreaker had an alt toy-version head.

They did make a toy looking head. Unfortunately it is attached to Cordon instead.

It matches somewhat. I think the toy is significantly more than the animated model. Don't get me wrong, there are laws to physics, but still

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Yeah, I know, but I don't want a white police Lambo, I want a yellow Lambo, and I don't want to buy both, then paint and swap the head

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Yeah it sucked that they didn't make both heads for Sunstreaker. I sort of wished they did, maybe they'll make a + version which is more toy related like they did with Megatron.

It matches somewhat. I think the toy is significantly more than the animated model. Don't get me wrong, there are laws to physics, but still

I concur that the backpack on the toy is much bigger than the cartoon. Guessing they had to do that to stuff everything in there.

Related to toys that are out. I managed to snag some Siege toys this weekend. I love the updated microbots and Target Masters. The micro guys look close to the originals which made me happy.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I feel like the Micromasters are straight outta the past.

The Delorean kinda sucks because of the huge shoulders, but the rest are pretty great. I'm looking forward to pretty much this whole Siege line. Megatron looks to be like my almost ideal Megatron

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Yeah Megatron is really tempting. I'm looking forward to Soundwave since he fits the small Soundwave I was hoping to buy in a 3P version.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I saw some of the “I can’t believe they aren’t Targetmasters” this weekend and what’s his name, Airtreads? Not bad honesty

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I really love when they get inventive with transformations.

Like with the TF Prime: RID Vehicon, in that the entire top section of the car folded up to become its legs.

MP44 Prime is doing something similar in that it uses parts of the red cab for this legs, which hasn't really been done before for a G1 Optimus figure.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Yeah Megatron is really tempting. I'm looking forward to Soundwave since he fits the small Soundwave I was hoping to buy in a 3P version.

He still turns into a boombox somehow right? I’ve only seen the spaceship mode

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

He still turns into a boombox somehow right? I’ve only seen the spaceship mode

You know... I never thought about that and swore he did. But went looking for photos and they all show him as either the streetlight mode or "hover cruiser thing" mode. Dangit... I'm sure someone will figure out a version to make him look like a boombox (sort of how they made the WfC version into one).

oosik_betsuni.png
    I love sounded, but I much prefer when he turns into something more reasonable. Bring an APC or something can accomplish the army fantasy with the cassettes while not requiring him to be an antiquated device

I do prefer more reasonable modes, which is why I like tank Megatron way more than gun Megatron

but I think Soundwave is better as a triple-changer, with a reasonable mode, but also ya gotta get the boombox in there somehow

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    If it can work then by all means. But if the design team came to me and made.me choose I'm gonna say go with what's more appropriate. Soundwave has always been my favorite but I can live without the boom box

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    WFC:S Soundwave only has his bot mode and his carrier mode from images shown so far:

http://toys.tfw2005.com/soundwave-53-62813

So I wanted to share my latest Transformers haul (forgot to take photos of the Targetmasters and Micromasters).

First up is Cog. I bought him to complete my Fortress Maximus. He is hilarious as being what I consider a modern version of the original. He falls apart just like the original but has more transformations at least. I took some photos of him in bot mode and then vehicle mode. I actually love the fact that they made him a modern version of the original and the little "damage" splashes of paint are a nice touch. Not much more to say about him other than I'm glad to have Fort Max complete now.
    cog1.jpg
    cog2.jpg
    cog3.jpg

Next up is the Siege bot I was looking forward to the most. Skytread! I wanted this toy since I was a child. I bought the little headmaster version when he came out a while ago just to have him. Then a month before Siege was announced I picked the original G1 version from a TFW member just to have him. So when I managed to snag the Siege of Cybertron version I was overjoyed. He just arrived today with Cog and I have to say his robot mode is outstanding! I absolutely love him and his joints. There are so many ways you can pose him... Then the alt mode. Well let's say that the jet part was neat, but sad that his arms are connected to it. Luckily it is hidden by the jet, but the tank mode sorta sucks. You can see in one of my photos that the one panel at the back doesn't tab in all the way. They don't look bad at all and it is original, just not as cool as Battletrap. I am still glad that I have a modern version of Skytread and he fits well with the rest of my newer collection.
    skytread1.jpg
    skytread2.jpg
    skytread3.jpg
    skytread4.jpg
    skytread5.jpg

Finally is my newest pride and joy. MP-29 Shockwave (Destron Laserwave). I picked him up since he was cheap and I always wanted to pick one up since I saw him show up long ago. I didn't want to pay full price since I thought my knockoff of the original Shockwave was enough and heck, the MP looked like the same. The original size toy was pretty big and probably the same size as the MP (I have to dig him out and compare the two). But when his price went down to a point where I couldn't resist he was bought and shipped. I'm glad I bought him since he is much cooler than the original toy. They use two LEDs to light up his gimmicks (one for the gun barrel and he other for his arm gun) and two sets of batteries for each. The gun uses 2 AAAs and the arm gun uses 2 LR-44s. But he is fun to transform as well. The back of the gun actually forms part of his calves. The rest forms the same as the original toy. But unlike the original, the gun tip doesn't come off and is actually attached by a metal arm. Probably to keep the electronics aligned for the gun and protected. The light piping for his eye is pretty nifty as well, but like others complain it looks green thanks to the coloring. I still have to stick his Decepticon logos on him and he's done.
    shockwave1.jpg
    shockwave2.jpg
    shockwave3.jpg
    shockwave4.jpg
    shockwave5.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Great Pics, dude!

I'm tempted to get that Flywheels figure, but due to the amount of existing preorders I have I'm just going to skip the main Transformers line completely to attempt to save SOME money.

MP Shockwave is pretty great, but I wish Takara had made it taller. And gone with the darker purple first since I'm just the same figure again for a darker shade of purple.

Decided to pre-order Figma Pharah and Reaper.

I've been tempted to get Reaper for a while due to the gun blast effects, but I find whenever I play the game I seem to suck less with him sometimes.

29z2F8n.jpg

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7173/figma+Reaper.html

Pharah I suck at completely but will always try to play simply because I kind flying around. I wish her figma had missle barrage effect because she looks pretty plain as an action figure.

ISCtIzy.jpg

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7828/figma+Pharah.html

I fear I'll end up feeling the same way about these Overwatch figma as I did once I got the Pacific Rim Robot Damashii figures earlier this year. In that they're ok but not very special.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    That reaper looks cool, but I think he is one of if not the best characters in overwatch. Is the stand require dto make him stable? I'm not familiar with that company but that'd personally irk me if so

I'd assume he should stand fine without it. It depends on the figma though as some can be back heavy. That pose in the pic above has him on one leg though so I'd assume like most figures he'd need a stand to pull it off.

The figma stands are usually pretty great though as you can pull off some cool poses as opposed to just standing.

The only major issue I have with figmas these days is the price. They're just so damn expensive and they don't have as many accessories anymore. Pharah is one of the more pricier figmas.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I like pharah but that particular figure doesn't have me enthused. I agree with you about the price, it has certainly turned me off of some figmas.

Basically only get a figma if you want a really well made action figure of a character you like.

Had a figma been made of Nier Automata 2B at the same time as the Bring Arts figure I would have bought the figma in a heartbeat.

Hell if a figma 2B gets made now or in the future I'd still buy it. They're just really good.

But like with most action figures if you don't have an attachment to the character you probably shouldn't spend a lot of money on it.

I only pre-ordered Pharah because I like playing her in Overwatch. I may end up cancelling it but I have until October next year to do so.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Great Pics, dude!

I'm tempted to get that Flywheels figure, but due to the amount of existing preorders I have I'm just going to skip the main Transformers line completely to attempt to save SOME money.

MP Shockwave is pretty great, but I wish Takara had made it taller. And gone with the darker purple first since I'm just the same figure again for a darker shade of purple.

Decided to pre-order Figma Pharah and Reaper.

I've been tempted to get Reaper for a while due to the gun blast effects, but I find whenever I play the game I seem to suck less with him sometimes.

*Snip image*

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7173/figma+Reaper.html

Pharah I suck at completely but will always try to play simply because I kind flying around. I wish her figma had missle barrage effect because she looks pretty plain as an action figure.

*Snip image*

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7828/figma+Pharah.html

I fear I'll end up feeling the same way about these Overwatch figma as I did once I got the Pacific Rim Robot Damashii figures earlier this year. In that they're ok but not very special.

Yeah I sort of want the darker purple Shockwave and him being a bit taller. But for the price I got this one I couldn't argue. Plus I figure the way my luck works 29+ will never go on sale if I waited. This way if he never goes on sale I'll at least have this version.

I never have played Overwatch but those figures look awesome.

oosik_betsuni.png

I actually hate the game itself but the reaper has me tempted. I love the designs in overwatch but the game is a whole train full of sadface for me. Literally negative fun

• see317see317 Registered User regular

I actually hate the game itself but the reaper has me tempted. I love the designs in overwatch but the game is a whole train full of sadface for me. Literally negative fun

I know the feeling. The lore, the characters, the design... it all feels like it belongs to a game that I want to play.
    But just not this game.

That reminds me, I should go read the comics at least to love the characters.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    There's been a Figma Tracer at my Best Buy for months I'm just waiting for it to go on sale

I found MP Grimlock on Ebay for $70 shipped. As Grimlock was one of my favorite transformers as a kid, I've wanted to get him forever. I was a bit surprised that he's in scale with MP-10 as he predated him, and the transformation while very evocative of the G1 toy is almost too simple. I really love the look though, lots of chrome and colored clear parts.

Also, it's the TRU version with the crown, so that's neat!

edited December 2018
    Heffling wrote: »
    I found MP Grimlock on Ebay for $70 shipped. As Grimlock was one of my favorite transformers as a kid, I've wanted to get him forever. I was a bit surprised that he's in scale with MP-10 as he predated him, and the transformation while very evocative of the G1 toy is almost too simple. I really love the look though, lots of chrome and colored clear parts.

Also, it's the TRU version with the crown, so that's neat!

I have the Takara one with the apron and drink tray.

I wish they made him bigger, as he's a actually smaller than MP10 Optimus. Considering the character was shown as larger than Optimus in the carton I'm hoping Takara make a version 2, although I dread the price they'll charge for it.

I could just get the Fans Toys version, but after Rouge/Arcee I'm hesitant to get another one of their toys

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    i do want a shot at getting an MP grimlock but yeah, with the current trend of masterpiece i doubt i'd be able to afford it

edited December 2018
    Posting this here for PA folk to find the G1 Minibots.
    If anyone is trying to track the G1 minibots in their local stores the assortment SKU has finally been found.

TRANSFORMERS LEGION G1 ASSORTMENT

SKU: 691912593

UPC: 630509635948

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=691912593

Edit:

Here's a photo of my Walmart and the Bumblebee display. It is huge (about 4 pallets wide) and in the middle of the main path in front of my toys area.

g1wmminibots.jpg

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Seeing those images of MP44's transformation...

Wow. That is mental. The way the cab side panels wind up inside the fuckin' legs...

If you are handy with tools and don't mind fixing toys you can get MP Ramjet for $39.99.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85025

Video for the fix:

https://youtu.be/tJV_ei3mPQo

Or can buy a 1/16 pin punch instead of the pliers and a star bit. Amazon has one for under $5.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Have you guys seen zeta toys bar accessory? Basically blurry/swerve's bar and tables/chair to go with it. I saw it on Twitter but I can't find it listed anywhere

Newer Siege of Cybertron figures are up for preorder on BBTS

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited December 2018
    I'm sure everyone else saw this already but I only just realized this exists

https://tfsource.com/zeta-toys/zeta-ex-display-base-orange/

Issue is I can't find the dimensions. It says for use with 1st and 3rd party transformers, but it doesn't say what size

WingedWeasel on
    I didn't know those existed so you are not the last. That is actually pretty cool.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I'm sure everyone else saw this already but I only just realized this exists

https://tfsource.com/zeta-toys/zeta-ex-display-base-orange/

Issue is I can't find the dimensions. It says for use with 1st and 3rd party transformers, but it doesn't say what size

From the Zeta Website:

Size: 200mm x 290mm x 20mm / 10.6'' x 7'' x 0.7''

edited December 2018
    Thanks @Heffling didn't realize they had their own site. Not sure why

Edit: looks like that bar set (zeta toys bar01) is legend scaled. Which seems....weird?

WingedWeasel on
    Actually that's Show Z a Chinese seller that has really good customer service and has high reviews from lots of collectors. I've looked at them a few times for some of the stuff they sell. They also respond to posts on TFW2005's forums.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Thanks @Heffling didn't realize they had their own site. Not sure why

Edit: looks like that bar set (zeta toys bar01) is legend scaled. Which seems....weird?

The support bars remind me of the ones used for MP Starscream.

This discussion has been closed.