As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    DayZ
    Isn't that just Tokyo Jungle

Yes, but instead of just one doggo murdering other random animals, it's 100 doggos murdering each other and fighting over the npc animals you breed with.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Yes, but instead of just one doggo murdering other random animals, it's 100 doggos murdering each other and fighting over the npc animals you breed with.

Why can't the animals you breed with be other players?

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Spy Party

Better idea:

100 doggos are airdropped onto an island to romp and play with each other to determine which one gets the title of Good Boy/Girl. The twist though is...
    They're all good boys and girls.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Why can't the animals you breed with be other players?

Yes, a 100 player battle royale with breeding mechanics between players, that won't get horrifying fast

I ate an engineer
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Every time a new character is born, a new player gets to join the server.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I don't think I'm ready for a horny Battle Royale yet

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they're all horny

liEt3nH.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    That's too bad because they just announced what sounds like a Jojo battle royale game today

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    That's too bad because they just announced what sounds like a Jojo battle royale game today

Everyone starts with the stand「99 Problems」

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Spy Party
    If you're an Xbox Live Gold member, Celeste is free next month, holy moly:

From Januaray 1st through the 31st.

Crippl3 on
    Spy Party
    Amanita Design have released an update for their newest game Chuchel, changing the appearance of the main character, after receiving feedback about him resembling someone in blackface: http://amanita-design.net/chuchel_change.html

Before:
    chuchel-3976902.jpg

Now:
    chuchel_new.jpg

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    About time Gritty got his own game.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh damn, I thought Celeste wasn't on Xbone. Well, good way to find out about that.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

japanese arcades only :(

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Amanita Design have released an update for their newest game Chuchel, changing the appearance of the main character, after receiving feedback about him resembling someone in blackface: http://amanita-design.net/chuchel_change.html

Before:
    chuchel-3976902.jpg

Now:
    chuchel_new.jpg

I think that's a better design anyway tbh

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    I find it to be a disgusting monster either way

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    I didn't find Chuchel to be enjoyable at all but i'm glad they are changing that design.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

japanese arcades only :(

Give it time. So was Dissidia.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    dissidia was also a series of PSP games that were english localized before it was a japanese arcade game

BahamutZERO.gif
    There are a lot of Japanese arcade games that never see any light of day. Dissidia's from Final Fantasy, a series that gets lots of console releases. Really not comparable

liEt3nH.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I just finished The Missing and wow what and incredible game. It really nails the story for the most part in a thing that is really easy for anyone to do wrong.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I just finished The Missing and wow what and incredible game. It really nails the story for the most part in a thing that is really easy for anyone to do wrong.

Yeah, I really liked The Missing, but one issue I did have with it...
    is that I feel like it leaned a little too hard on the misery. It's easy for media to fall into a trap of just saying "here's how it sucks to be trans" without then following up by saying "but here's why it's worth it." The final chase sequence when JJ gets the super-regeneration and then straight-up impales the monster with a lightning rod does a decent job of addressing the latter, but I would have liked to see a little more.

But also it's not a problem I felt was particularly big in the long run.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited December 2018
    Stilts wrote: »

is that I feel like it leaned a little too hard on the misery. It's easy for media to fall into a trap of just saying "here's how it sucks to be trans" without then following up by saying "but here's why it's worth it." The final chase sequence when JJ gets the super-regeneration and then straight-up impales the monster with a lightning rod does a decent job of addressing the latter, but I would have liked to see a little more.

I get that, I was very worried that there was going to be no swing back so I was just happy to get that. Some of the stuff in the post game does fill in the nicer parts of out JJ.

Post game spoilers
    Playing as post game JJ is actually pretty nice cause it shows her actually making progress, changing her voice in little ways and obviously doing way better, and then the photos of her are just so good.

ytEMJxa.png

Also I recommend this article cause it lays out the full metaphor that the game is working with.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    It seems astounding that The Missing handles its subject matter so well when the same person has done similar stuff extremely poorly in a previous game

6F32U1X.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Spy Party

I get that, I was very worried that there was going to be no swing back so I was just happy to get that. Some of the stuff in the post game does fill in the nicer parts of out JJ.

Post game spoilers
    Playing as post game JJ is actually pretty nice cause it shows her actually making progress, changing her voice in little ways and obviously doing way better, and then the photos of her are just so good.

ytEMJxa.png

Also I recommend this article cause it lays out the full metaphor that the game is working with.

Wait

Hold up
    There's a POST GAME?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    there's a continue button for a reason stilts

liEt3nH.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It seems astounding that The Missing handles its subject matter so well when the same person has done similar stuff extremely poorly in a previous game

It feels like a direct response and growth of the criticism he got.

Post game spoilers

ytEMJxa.png

Wait

Hold up
    There's a POST GAME?
    You can return to the game and find FK's that give you post game photos and chat logs

2ohWien.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to picking up the missing at some point

Spy Party
    I got Hades

Hades rules, holy shit

I have nothing but great things to say about it, I feel like it's already worth the 20 bucks, it's an excellent return to Supergiant as a pure action developer bolstered even further by everything they learned on Transistor and Pyre's more RPG-like mechanics, it's gorgeous to look at, it's a really fun exploration of the pantheon, I REALLY love it

6F32U1X.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DayZ
    Hades is so good

so so good

and Zag is the best goddamn protagonist. he's upbeat, he's funny, and his design is sick

Spy Party
    It says a lot for their combat design that I can't decide what my favorite weapon is in Hades

Every time they incentivize me to use a different one I realize "oh man this one also has a lot of useful stuff"

I think the only one I don't really care for is the shield, mostly because it doesn't combo

6F32U1X.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DayZ
    It says a lot for their combat design that I can't decide what my favorite weapon is in Hades

Every time they incentivize me to use a different one I realize "oh man this one also has a lot of useful stuff"

I think the only one I don't really care for is the shield, mostly because it doesn't combo

The shield is my favourite! Running around throwing the shield like Captain America is extremely fun, and the double-damage-per-bounce buff you can get from a Hammer is awesome

the bull rush is pretty great for boss fights too, although it doesn't have built-in reflect anymore.

I picked up the Missing and it made me cry and it's beautiful and rough and very very honest, and it's a very good, if quite emotionally rough, queer story

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DayZ

I haven't played Hades, but this is something I loved about Transistor
    Programs overloading forced me to use different ones and I actually loved fiddling around and discovering new combos. Most games I find my groove as soon as possible and never leave it

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    My friend got me What Remains of Edith Finch for Christmas and while I'm liking what little of it I've played so far they keep doing this thing where they pull the camera toward the text they're projecting in the world and it's really irritating.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I appreciated that cause sometimes they'd pick stylized text that might have been hard to read otherwise.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    So I guess this is where we talk about the hot new indie game Destiny

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.