As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    No prob!

I never fully got the hang of no healer strategies, but that one is fun.

E: also, with some more 5* magicite, I've gotten fast enough I can use the 5* Earth ability to give him blink FWIW

Jragghen on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i think the only item left that could save my realms on parade from these pits of despair is garland's dark chain.

it's been real bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Varg wrote: »
    Was hoping for Golbez Dark Chain and the universe almost heard me - 2/3 Golbez BSB2, Ceodore USB.

Both new but I don't picture using Ceodore for anything *throws 11th holy sword on the pile in the vault*

It might not make a huge difference, but Ceodore's USB sword is holy and it has some mind boost. Someone like Ramza can always use more mind and +holy.

Dupe on Parade: Golbez USB (third one for me). I'm at 9/14 dupes, this is fun*.

*No fun was involved in this

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    IV: 1/3, disco. Edward USB (dupe). Bleh, more fodder.

Finally did my type-0 draw.

Cinque LMR. Decent get, but only thing for her, so not quite as useful.

Someone did an anima lenses analysis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a8fkts/anima_lenses_whats_available/.compact
    Universally Out:

Awakenings
    Arcane/Ultimate Overstrikes
    Chains
    Glints/Flash Arts
    Shared
    Kingdom Hearts (©Disney)
    All relics that grant a soul break (but not legend materia) and were introduced during or after the 3rd Anniversary

There's a couple other exceptions, but that's the main thrust.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I bet we have edge ssb missing as well.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Damn, drew a daily disco dupe; depressing.

Yang USB

Been duping out like crazy lately. I was tempted to pull on the VI banner because I have zero dupes, but I'd probably end up getting an off-banner dupe at this point.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    At least that's stats. You could be like me and drew a daily disco with a shared lightning multi-hit SB.

Also I have now confirmed my King B clear is cleanly reproducible. The only annoying thing is that I need the AI script in front of me when doing it to avoid forgetting when to Edge USB0.

rattletrap on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    There are 6 star shared SBs? What is it? I'm very curious now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ultros Tentacle none in global.

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    The AOSB that came from that event, it's a throwable, I think a wheel from Phantom Train..

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    I keep trying and failing at fire magicite. Bleh

Is Belias doable with a no-healer strategy? Maybe with carbuncle on someone to deal with the berserks? I have no magic-water overstrikes, so while Famfrit will help it would seem that just absorbing the damage with Edge USB0 might be best.

I don't know about no healer, but belias actually takes more damage in Savage mode, so no overstrikes isn't necessarily bad.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I used a Raijin SSB strat to get my four copies of Belias. If you get the timing correct, you can have the center three characters take a hit with Last Stand, then Famfrit summon blocks an AOE piercing attack, then the top and bottom characters take a hit on Last Stand.

dupe onion bsb and cod lmr

do 6*s exist?

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Ingus USB on the parade! I'd prefer his chain, but it'll do.

LMR Lucky 0/0 because LMR luckies are (usually) terrible.

III draw. Luneth Arcane dupe. Oh well! I think this thing may be my strongest not-elemental katana, so there’s that.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Marcus LMR (serviceable?)
    Krile LMR1 (dupe)

Eh.

Skipping LMR.

RoP was dupe Luneth OSB, which gives me an 8* +wind spear, so while dupe disco sucks, that's still not bad.

Dupes on Parade: OK OSB dupe

Lucky (Half) Dupe LMR draw: Lenna LMR (dupe), Orlandeau LMR

Hey at least one of them wasn't a dupe.

I'm assuming Orlandeau LMR is still on the new year's draw and I'll pull a ton of dupes there now, heh.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    wow so bad. Dupe Palom BSB and Dupe Cod LMR. Man I hope I get something nice out of FFI and II.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Lucky LMR draw:
    1/11: Maria LMR (start earth aura)

That's fine I guess, but I'm rolling in earth armors already. In retrospect, probably not a good expenditure of mythril. Oh well.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Parade: dupe Ignus BSB2. Back to the usual I guess.

Probably gonna skip the LMR draw; I don't trust these things.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    III: 1/3, no disco. Ingus LMR (dupe). Bleh.

LMR Lucky: 1/11, Marcus LMR. Not a dupe, but still bleh.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I might as well skip the lmr luckies since my rop rolls are mostly lmr anyways :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    Always skip luckies apparently.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Skipping LMR/OSB luckies and just saving for 4th Anniversary. The amount of lmrs that I would like is pretty small so it just doesn't seem worth it.

RoP III: Aria BSB - seems like a decent heal.

Poked at FFXIII torment some. Yeah, not going to crack this one.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    4/11 on the lucky, all dupes :(

edited December 2018
    Snuck across the XV finish line with exactly 50%. Made some stupid decisions, so it can probably improve, but not sure if we're talking about 10%.

No dives (well, 1/2 a dive), and no 6* SBs either.

Jragghen on
    Daily hit!

Raijin's vest: Shared lightning physical attack. Lol.

XIV: 65%, and that's with kinda mediocre dualcast luck. I'll probably be revisiting this one later. Not the least because spirit motes are my most wanted ATM.

So that's all but 3 of the ??? past 50%

edited December 2018
    I wonder if maybe I’d better off using Krile and Onion (Ninja) instead of Gilgamesh and Tyro for Mateus.

Pros: Krile grants the team 3 quickcasts per Chain. If Krile gets an absurd amount of meter, she can use Brimstone to Imperil Fire. Onion casts faster during Ninja mode, the better to give meter to Relm with. Ninja Onion grants the team high crits.

Cons: Krile is incapable of doing real damage to Mateus; Gilgamesh barely does anyway, but she’s truly crippled there. Krile’s chain isn’t as powerful as Gulgamesh’s. I would need to either drop Protectga from the team, or eschew Reflect for Flash Freeze. Krile cannot Break Defense, like Gilgamesh can; I would need either Bartz or Locke to carry Steal Defense, which sharply limits their number of actually damaging actions for the battle.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So looking at Mateus, I'm probably bringing Aerith USB2 to heal, Krile with Chain (and BSB2), and possibly OK pUSB to Entrust Bot. But for damage there's a host of options, but any of them involves committing to spending some Rubies, so I'd like to list them and get opinions.

Locke LD, LMR, AOSB, USB1, USB2, Glint. Could carry Steal Defense. Would need a R3-4 Fire Assault. Also good for the FF6 Torment, and maaaaybe the FF9, 11, 12, 14 and 15 Torments, though most of those are a stretch.

Edgar LD, USB, LMR1 or Cid (XIV) LD, USB Would need a R3 Heat Offer. Also good for the FF6 and FF14 Torments, and maybe the FF12. Edgar gets more chances to Imperil, Cid hits harder.

Bartz LD, USB1, LMR. Could carry Steal Defense. I have a R3 Blastspell Strike, or I could splurge for a R3-4 Inferno Assault. Not sure Inferno Assault would see much else use. Maybe the FF6 Torment.

Yda LD, USB, BSB, LMR. Could carry Armor Breakdown. Would need a R4 Fire Ironfist. Would be useful on the FF14, and maybe FF1, FF3 or FF5 Torments.

Fiddled around with my Phoenix team today, got it under 30 seconds. Old team was super safe, new team is a little less so.

Old:
    Tidus chain plus USB
    Tyro ultra wall, wrath entrust
    Wakka USB
    Bartz BSB-W and USB
    Elarra USB and BSB
    RW priestess

New:
    Minus tyro
    Plus Ignis BSB, sapphire shot entrust
    RW wall

FF6-2 100 gems: 4* argh

Data for posterity:
    38 misses in a row

38/348 lifetime

5/93 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

First 6* since 14

Firion ultra1.

Holy ultra for a character with no holy access. Gacha is v bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Hilda ultra.

Guess that solves the "how to use minwu as a mage while healing" problem for torment!

Jragghen on
This discussion has been closed.