As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sakurai on the Smash amiibo:
    We will be releasing amiibo for all of the fighters that didn’t appear in the last entry in the series. However, producing them takes a considerable amount of time – it takes about a year to produce them from the prototype. As such, I think we have to keep you waiting until they’re ready to be released; apologies and thank you for your patience.

Sounds like it'll definitely take some time to get them all out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone have an idea how I could go about getting the amiibo art inserts onto aluminum for the new amiibo? @maximumzero used to print them onto sheets for me but he hasn't been on the forums in awhile (I hope he's ok!), but I'm looking for some ideas on how I can get the next sets of them made.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

ahaha they're only doing 50 of these

BahamutZERO.gif
    • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
      So

There's probably gonna be a Joker amiibo, huh?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
      edited December 2018
      Andy Joe wrote: »
      So

Joker as in the Batman villain, or the Mass Effect pilot, or...?

Nevermind, just saw the announcement.

H3Knuckles on
      If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
      camo_sig2-400.png
    • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
      H3Knuckles wrote: »
      Andy Joe wrote: »
      So

Joker as in the Batman villain, or the Mass Effect pilot, or...?

Nevermind, just saw the announcement.

Went to bed early last night?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      Kinda bummed this morning.

I picked up my Octoling trio, which is awesome. But I found out I didn't pre-order the 3 smash Amiibo! I have the second wave on order, but somehow I missed these ones.

Luckily Best Buy had Ridley, and judging by my hunting Ridley is the most common. But no Wolf or Smash Inkling. The Inkling's less of a big deal, as I have 3 of just the female Inkling at the moment, but Wolf would've been cool. I will have to keep my eyes open.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    • TayaTaya Registered User regular
      I preordered Ridley and Inkling but did not manage to preorder Wolf. Of course it was sold out.

I did not know Octolings were out today.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      This isn't a drill: many Targets got Rosalina & Luma restocks yesterday.
      Check 207-04-1007 at Brickseek to see if your local store has them. (It looks like Target is reporting anything more than 0 as "limited stock" regardless of how many they actually have though.)

Also, many Gamestops (at least in my area) got Toon Link and Ike, among others

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
      I got mah boy Ridley. Not my favorite design for him but dammit it’s official Ridley merch!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
      Check 207-04-1007 at Brickseek to see if your local store has them. (It looks like Target is reporting anything more than 0 as "limited stock" regardless of how many they actually have though.)

Gamestop’s got Shiek, Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Lucario, and Ike for the first wave of restocks

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
      Piranha Plant seems to be the holy grail for this wave, FYI.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Gamestop’s got Shiek, Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Lucario, and Ike for the first wave of restocks

Gamestop really doesn't have amiibos but for some strange reason they have full sets of the animal crossing cards and the Mario sports one {I find the latter one really odd as I never saw the game or the cards for sale}

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
      All i want 4 Xmas is the metroid amiibos that came with the 3DS game...

Also that Ken one looks pretty cool but it has the stupid clear plastic supports that I hate so. . .pass. : (

I don't understand why they can't just design them better so they don't need ugly plastic supports...

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
      Brainleech wrote: »

Gamestop really doesn't have amiibos but for some strange reason they have full sets of the animal crossing cards and the Mario sports one {I find the latter one really odd as I never saw the game or the cards for sale}

Gamestop has started stocking them regularly again with the new releases.

Also, they have K Rool, Pirana Plant, and Ice Climbers up for preorder.

edited December 2018
      Heads up: the next wave of Smash Amiibo appears to be Ken, Pichu and Young Link, based on pre-orders at Play Asia. No release date yet.

...you don't want to pre-order from Play Asia, since they charge $24 a pop. Just keep your eyes open for pre-orders at your store of choice.

That just leaves Daisy and Isabelle among the Amiibo we've seen pictures of.

cloudeagle on
    • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
      Brainleech wrote: »

The only thing gamestop sells are the ugly funkopop things and used copies of old sports games.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
      I've seen Ridley at dern near every big store this week. Crazy.

Steam: kaylesolo1
      3DS: 1521-4165-5907
      PS3: KayleSolo
      Live: Kayle Solo
      WiiU: KayleSolo
    • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
      I do wish nintendo would do more card amiibo's. I'd love to have a deck of smash fighters.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
    • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      Piranha Plant preorders are up at best buy and amazon.

Probably the other ones from that wave too, as if they matter as much as PP

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      Piranha Plant preorders are up at best buy and amazon.

Probably the other ones from that wave too, as if they matter as much as PP

It's always good when I see this thread pop up to double check my best buy pre-orders to see if I already have them on there. :) In this case, I got them pre-ordered on first announce along with their wave-mates, Ice climbers and King K. Rool. All 3 are available right now.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-piranha-plant/6255170.p?skuId=6255170

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-ice-climbers/6255167.p?skuId=6255167

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-king-k-rool/6255168.p?skuId=6255168

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
      Orders are popping up for next wave at different stores so keep watching or follow twitter.com/nintendeals

Specifically, Daisy, Ken, and Young Link.

Also:

That just leaves Chrom, Dark Samus, Incineroar, Richter, and the DLC characters unaccounted for.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
        I'd love it if they release the Qbby amiibo here what with the new Box Boy game and everythibg.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
        This madness never truly ends
        ypj4bj8kekms.jpg

Tell me about it. I've got my Smash amiibo on long floating shelves, and even after adding a fifth one they're going to be really crowded once the DLC's done.

edited March 2019
        My girlfriend had her carpenter father make me an amiibo set of shelves as my birthday present! 2nd one on the way for the rest, but they look great!
        u7cs4hwss578.jpg

TimFiji on
          Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
          Oddly enough Daisy's the one that seems to sell out the quickest by far.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
          Because she's the best Princess, of course.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
          steam_sig.png
        • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
          plufim wrote: »

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
        • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
          cloudeagle wrote: »
          Tell me about it. I've got my Smash amiibo on long floating shelves, and even after adding a fifth one they're going to be really crowded once the DLC's done.

Mine are just on a bunch of plastic chains from Halloween

Shadowfire wrote: »

Um hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9HKrp6M28s

Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
          Shadowfire wrote: »
          Because hi, she's Daisy.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
          steam_sig.png
        • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
          I would like a Daisy.
          csynifuy8dpq.jpg

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
          Only good part of that movie? Besides the soundtrack, that was pretty cool.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
          camo_sig2-400.png
        • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
          It's hard to be excited for a bunch of amiibo clones.
          djpj0okpy0qt.jpeg

Oh well, on to the next wave!

All kinds of older Amiibo are being restocked, including the four sages from Breath of the Wild (are they sages? I forget), so keep an eye on Amiibo Alerts.