As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the old pokemon thread :(

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'm missing just Kabuto and Kabutops to close the Pokedex.
    I don't know if you know this, but...

You can find fossils hidden in Cerulean Cave.

oh i'm walking up and down the top floor after them. No luck so far :P

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm missing just Kabuto and Kabutops to close the Pokedex.
    I don't know if you know this, but...

You can find fossils hidden in Cerulean Cave.

oh i'm walking up and down the top floor after them. No luck so far :P

I think they only spawn in front of that set of crystals roughly in the middle.

Also there's a spot on the lowest floor where I got a couple.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    If you want the IVs, you have to chain the pokemon you're wanting to catch specifically

But yes, that method is an easier way of getting the chain going

Thanks for this. It took quite a while, but I've got a chain of 32 charmanders going. Now we wait...

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Re: Mew

To add on, I have heard that it's a "mythical" Pokemon and those aren't tradable between PGo and Let's Go. (Or at all in PGo?)

I'm gonna wait until they figure out where the truck went and if Mew is under it this time :P

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man, the Red refight giving you no rewards at all is dumb as hell.

• Options
    Shiny Charmander woooooooo! My first ever shiny (except that red Gyarados, which doesn't really count). Took way too bloody long, I don't think I'll be going for a shinydex any time soon, but who cares shiny charmander woooooooooooooooooo!

• Options
    shiny dex is for people who make a living off streaming
    it takes far too long and is far too random.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm not working on a shiny living Dex but i am working on defeating every master trainer with a shiny version of the pokemon.

The difference is people going for Dex need multiple of the same shiny while i just need the base form and i can candy it up beat it and evolve it and beat it's evolution and such.

Working on squirtle now!

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Hi, I'm needy as fuck

If people could add me for Trade Evos that would be super. Also I try not to go near Gamestop so if anyone still has Lugia/Ho-oh codes or even one for that electric thing I would really appreciate it. I have Latias/Latios and Reshikrom codes if anyone needs those.

Thanks

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    I still have a huge stack of Lugia/ho-ho codes and a few Zeraora codes sent you a message.

• Options
    Are those for Let's Go? I'd be interested in any codes for that.

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    No, they're for US/UM

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So I've been dumping heaps of pokemon into the go park from pokemon go thinking it would be a great little thing for the kids to just run around and catch the pokemon. Everything they try and catch has a red circle and takes heaps of throws and usually ends up running away. I fail to see the point of this thing, except as a way to get the meltan.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    worked fine for me. Just use ultra balls. And even when they escape, they're back to the field. You can't lose them.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I gave myself a black eye using my pokeball plus.

This both sucks and is fantastic and I would love to hear the details.

• Options
    There is no amazing story.

I had the ring on my finger to keep from actually throwing it but i was laying back in my chair with the switch in handheld mode but with the kickstand popped on my desk laying back in my chair casually chaining pokemon and on one of the tosses i actually let go of the ball on accident and with the string attached to the ring and ball it was just long enough to pop me right in the eye when i panic jerked it back at me.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I am cleaning out my desk and I have a TON of REshiram/Zekrom codes for SM/USUM. And I mean like...an inordinate amount. PM me if you would like one.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Finally getting into Let's Go. Good stuff! Melding the Go capture mechanics with the rest of the core Pokémon formula works surprisingly well.

But. I had completely forgotten there's a blob of Pokémon that refuse to evolve unless you trade them. (I'm big into Go, where evolution is mostly a matter of cramming candy down their throats.) There doesn't seem to be some sort of global trading service? (The last mainline game I played was X/Y.) The only way to get those Pokémon is to connect with individual human beings and swap?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    you can ask one of us to go online with you and trade those mons
    my switch code is 5961-4777-3491

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Note that you need the subscription service to enable the online trading. If you are big into GO, just transfer whatever you need from that into Let's go.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Once I get to the end of the main game (about to challenge the elite 4) and start building my dex I'll come back here for some trades with people willing to help out.

Shiny chaining seems less of a hassle in this game except when yellow captures run after 6 fails wtf >_<. I wasn't really trying for a shiny, I was just chaining a pikachu for the hell of it to get a high stats one and this bastard runs on me after failing to capture when it should have just stayed in the ball. Was a little annoyed, but it was a 4 Best IV with 2 very goods. That'll do pig, that'll do.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon News!

You Can Get Some Rare Berries from Mystery Gift

Also, if you participated in the November Global Link Tournament, your Shiny Tapu Lele is only available until January 30th. Make sure you get it!

If you want to participate in the next tournament, the Simple Symphony sign-ups end today! Sorry I dropped the ball on this, you can only bring Pokemon with one type.

There's also World CHamp QR Codes Available!

TDawg on
  • Options
    jb2bq1ecnbb6.jpg

The February International Challenge Registration is Open!

The tournament starts next week, rules are VGC 2019 Moon Series (Double Battles, Pick 2 Restricted Legendaries, Z Moves Okay, Mega Stones banned). The participation reward is a Shiny Tapu Bulu, so get on it!

If you're having trouble coming up with a team, or breeding, or whatever, feel free to ask. I have a ton of ready-to-go stuff I can lend you, and breeding leftovers I can just give you (anyone want Hydreigon? Toxicroak? Hit me up).

I have a standard Kyogre Xerneas Incineroar Tapu Koko Ludicolo team ready to go, but I am curious about my last slot. Maybe Kartana to improve my Xern/Don matchup and provide Tailwind support?

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Let's Go encouraged me to pick up Sun, which I'm playing through at the moment.

Just finished the first island and about to move onto the second. I like that the format changes so it isn't just gyms any more and becomes more varied.

Started off with Poplio and team is currently

Brionne
    Machop
    Magnemite
    Grimer
    Trumbeak
    Litwick

I also like the ability to recover your pokemon from status ailments at the end of battles, but having to pull out the stylus and spent ten seconds getting it up to speed interferes with the flow a bit.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Does anyone have a Eevee laying around that is tradable to Sun?

Poplio is cool and all but Vaporeon is my jam.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »

Pretty sure you can catch them in the wild on the second island.

If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll have time to grab a few eggs from my breeding stock so it'll be high IV, good nature, egg moves etc. (no guarantee on perfect IVs though).

• Options
    edited February 2019
    TDawg wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »

Pretty sure you can catch them in the wild on the second island.

If you can wait until tomorrow, I'll have time to grab a few eggs from my breeding stock so it'll be high IV, good nature, egg moves etc. (no guarantee on perfect IVs though).

I'd appreciate it, but if it's too much work don't stress about it.

The low level skull goons might be my favourite bad guy mooks across the Pokemon series.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Yay signed up for that nice Tapu Bulu!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yay signed up for that nice Tapu Bulu!

Yeah, I hope the Switch game has a better in-game notification service to let people know about these events. "Play three matches online and get a shiny legendary" is SO cool and nobody knows about it! lol

• Options
    I've soured on this a bit since I had someone steal my Machoke while I was trying to evolve it.

I found someone who had a very high community score thing since I figured they'd know I was looking to evolve it and then trade back.

They swap for an Arbok, then afterwards show my Machamp but keep asking to see more Pokemon, which to me seemed like they were basically trying to extort me for something better.

This guy had all kinds of shiny legendary Pokemon too, so it's not like he needed my lowly Machamp or anything.

Matthias, you're a jerk.

• Options
    well that's why we're here, to trade evos.
    and dang I still need a stupid kabuto to finish my Let's Go! dex.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    After that Spaceworld Gold & Silver demo a couple of months, it seems like somehow, some people got their hands on a prototype version of Red & Green and datamined it. Tons of interesting stuff here, like scrapped Pokemon and trainer classes and such:

https://helixchamber.com/2019/02/16/what-dreams-may-come/

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Man I always find stuff like that so fascinating. I remember pouring over pre-release Gold and Silver stuff in the lead up to release. I even rented Gold in Japanese months before it hit over here, having no idea what was going on but loving every second

• Options
    Thanks to @TDawg for hooking me up with Eevee, Machop and some others.

Current updated team after taking down the Electric totem pokemon:

Vaporeon
    Croagunk (Filling in for Machoke)
    Torterra (Filling in for Magneton)
    Grimer (He's only a level or two off turning into Muk at this point)
    Skarmory (I got a incredibly good one from a wonder trade)
    Lampent (Need to find a Duskstone)

Shelved for evolving:
    Magneton
    Machoke

• Options
    Half of my matches in this weekend's International Challenge have been against people that aren't using Legendaries (or only using 1 legendary). This is upsetting to me for a variety of ways.

1) This person isn't using them because they don't have ready access to proper legendaries. If GameFreak wants to use legendaries in their standard competitive mode, I think that's fine, but there needs to be a way to make them more readily available. Be able to change their natures / Hidden power types (a bottle cap system would be fine), or make it so we can verify Pokemon from old games as Tournament Legal and use those.

2) This person doesn't understand that you can use legendaries in these matches. GameFreak could do a MUCH better job of explaining rulesets and online competitions in-game, and I think it really holds Pokemon back. I'm not saying there needs to be an in-game tutorial, but some sort of interface that communicates rulesets and upcoming events in a clear way.

3) Maybe they just didn't want to bring legendaries? This one is fine actually, let them play how they want to.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Ryan Reynolds on the acting process. You need to see this.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Only two more days until Pokemon Day. I'm pretty excited, I'm about 90% certain we'll be getting at least the reveal of the next Region. The official Pokemon Twitter account has been counting up with a new "Travel Video" for each region the past few days. Tomorrow will be the video for Alola, which might mean a "Travel Video" for the new region unveiled as part of the festivities the day after.

I would love to see the box legendaries and new starters, but that may be asking for too much. After those are revealed I'm going into data blackout mode so I can play through without knowing much of anything about the game. I've done this the past few generations and it's a great way to bring back the child-like wonder of the first few games. Every time something evolves it's a brand new adrenaline rush. What's it gonna be?!

Cruor on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I wonder what's next on the World Tour, having bounced from mainland US to France to Hawaii. England? Brazil? New Zealand? Kenya?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I kinda feel like it'll be Australia/New Zealand. The whole travel video thing has been very reminiscent of old "Visit Beautiful Australia!" travel commercials I remember seeing when I was younger.