As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Okay, gift post coming this week!

Also, worry not, Santee, I usually unload holiday goodies the week of Christmas, so stay tuned!

If you got the last FedEx box you should open that right away. Don't wait for Christmas for that one. If I'm understanding your post correctly.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    @Halfazedninja
    I didn't think of including a note until I was on the way there. I also had to turn back 5 minutes after leaving because I forgot the gift bag! Anyway, here's some of the thoughts behind the gifts.

Paint the Line: This is one of my favorite comics and games from the PA crew. I actually own two copies and they sold it at PAXU this month. Figured you might enjoy it.

Super Show Knockdown: I saw this at PAXU (The booth was AMAZING!) and they had people dressed up, hollering, and ringing bells when attendees won demo games. I saw all of your Reddit posts and it seemed this game had quite the following. There was even a big panel about wrestling games. I played the demo and thought it might be right up your alley. They gave me two extra promo cards as well. If you like the game, they have at least 4 more different wrestler decks that play differently.

Caroling: My kids have wanted to go caroling for weeks, and we just haven't had time. So I thought this would be a fun way to take advantage of living "close" (we're actually from Millville, so not close, but not too far).
    Hannah chose 'I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas'
    Luke chose 'Mary did you Know?' by Pentatonix
    Jeremy chose 'Silent Night's
    Rachel chose 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing'

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

After a very long day of celebrating the anniversary of my (now twelve-year-old) daughter's birth, I finally got a chance to open the box that FedEx delivered this morning.

Neptune, and Bill the Cat wanted to check out the box. Romana the Time Kitty wanted to know why I was taking pictures. all had to check out the box.
    YoXBAtl.jpg

There are a lot of very well wrapped things in the box! Neptune would like to know more!
    UFFHfj2.jpg

The final reveal! Neptune thinks he can fit in the box. He wasn't too excited about the strong whiff of BBQ sauce that he got, however. I, on the other hand, am super excited to try out some of these products. I love a good BBQ sauce, a good hot sauce, and I'm a serious coffee junkie.
    Qg2loVb.jpg

Thanks so much, @vhannroy! I hope you have a very merry Christmas.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey santa, I was running out for work today but saw there was a mystery box with my name on it. It will be claimed soon!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif
    And the cavalcade of gifts from @Madpoet (and family) continue.
    Once again, the Tribble comes out to earn it's keep.
    e8cka3njhdqd.jpg

A message, letting me know who to blame praise.
    7mklkjbjnfw1.jpg

And a tiny, festive Deadpool to occupy desk space.
    xka3l4rchpbk.jpg

And my photo issues are still confusing.
    q82atqiuqu9a.png

see317 on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Package 3 of 3 hasn't arrived, but I'm going away and might not get a chance to post later, so:

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

@darunia106 pulls out the stops and brings the cheer.
    The bigger package arrived first, and was duly inspected:
    HPJi7Yl.jpg
    rdxhEBm.jpg
    And approved:
    u185dqt.jpg

Winters here in southern California aren't much to write about, but Darunia106 knows Xmas is really about getting close together with those you trust as the snow gently falls outside, and then using a flamethrower on those assholes. Wait, what--
    Wtm6rsp.jpg

Gift #1 arrived a day later, in a comically oversized box compared to the card inside.
    ExUvyYd.jpg
    A note promises delicious coffee coming in the future, which is even more to look forward to! Thanks so much, and happy holidays to you and yours.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    all the photos are broken links for me :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

Your gifts have been dispatched, and should arrive tomorrow. Or, actually, today, since I'm posting this after midnight. In my timezone.

Saturday. You're getting them on Saturday.

Love,
    Santa

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

! Hot diggity dog, got gifted while I was out! It appears that @shdwcaster is my Secret Santa! Thanks so much! He took a wrecking ball to my Steam wishlist!

Spoilered for long
    iKVt3h8.png?1

Thanks for CrossCode, Long Gone Days, Desert Child, and Valkyria Chronicles 4! I've heard great things about all of them! I've got another couple weeks on break (I think? Time keeps flying), so I'll hopefully be able to get through one or two of them before I'm out of time!

Thanks again! It was super awesome of you!

Also, for people wondering what some of those games are:

Long Gone Days:
    Desert Child:
    CrossCode:
    Valkyria Chronicles 4:

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    By all accounts, Cross Code is really good.

wVEsyIc.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    all the photos are broken links for me :(

They should be better now. Google may upload my pictures automatically, but it sure as hell doesn't want anyone sharing them outside of G+.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    @Halfazedninja
    I didn't think of including a note until I was on the way there. I also had to turn back 5 minutes after leaving because I forgot the gift bag! Anyway, here's some of the thoughts behind the gifts.

Paint the Line: This is one of my favorite comics and games from the PA crew. I actually own two copies and they sold it at PAXU this month. Figured you might enjoy it.

Super Show Knockdown: I saw this at PAXU (The booth was AMAZING!) and they had people dressed up, hollering, and ringing bells when attendees won demo games. I saw all of your Reddit posts and it seemed this game had quite the following. There was even a big panel about wrestling games. I played the demo and thought it might be right up your alley. They gave me two extra promo cards as well. If you like the game, they have at least 4 more different wrestler decks that play differently.

Caroling: My kids have wanted to go caroling for weeks, and we just haven't had time. So I thought this would be a fun way to take advantage of living "close" (we're actually from Millville, so not close, but not too far).

That's amazing! Did you explain who you were first or did you guys all just start singing?

Steam: offday
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    @Halfazedninja

That's amazing! Did you explain who you were first or did you guys all just start singing?

I asked if we could sing carols, without saying who we were first. Playing it off as just traveling carolers. Though I was holding a PA branded bag.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Thank you, @JaysonFour , for the seasonally appropriate gift of HUGE SWORDS!!!!

jm6h65p1llur.png

Thank you, Santa! I've been a huge fan of the SoulCalibur games since basically forever, even though I'm never really any good at them. :D

Elvenshae on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I just received an unexpected package with no note.

So let me know if I was gifted Santa!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Thank you, JaysonFour , for the seasonally appropriate gift of HUGE SWORDS!!!!

jm6h65p1llur.png

Thank you, Santa! I've been a huge fan of the SoulCalibur games since basically forever, even though I'm never really any good at them. :D

It's the same reason I play them- I love the history, the stories, and the characters, but I'm absolutely crap at playing against other people. I'm hoping to grab my own copy before the end of the sale- just wish I could still get my hands on a copy of V, too.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    lq3kMBj.gif
    A few days ago a package arrived. Inspection in progress:

kJESumY.jpg

Inspection passed, and Starlink: Battle for Atlas is now mine!
    4GmR5jA.jpg

Gift enjoyment.
    t51oSTh.jpg

Thank you Santa this was definitely something on my wishlist, were you also the one that gifted me a couple of Steam games a few weeks ago, or was that just a random drive by holiday Steamgifting? Starfox!

Santa, expose, err, reveal yourself!

P.S. Santee your gifts have been mailed, though I have included some temporal chrono crystals in the box to make sure that it gets there before Christmas. So if your gift gets to you before I mailed it, that's why.

lq3kMBj.gif

One last gift!
    ctDIzGv.jpg

Will these still work if they get wet?

Thanks again @jclast !

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    lq3kMBj.gif
    A few days ago a package arrived. Inspection in progress:

kJESumY.jpg

Inspection passed, and Starlink: Battle for Atlas is now mine!
    4GmR5jA.jpg

Gift enjoyment.
    t51oSTh.jpg

Thank you Santa this was definitely something on my wishlist, were you also the one that gifted me a couple of Steam games a few weeks ago, or was that just a random drive by holiday Steamgifting? Starfox!

Santa, expose, err, reveal yourself!

P.S. Santee your gifts have been mailed, though I have included some temporal chrono crystals in the box to make sure that it gets there before Christmas. So if your gift gets to you before I mailed it, that's why.

lq3kMBj.gif

One last gift!
    ctDIzGv.jpg

Will these still work if they get wet?

Thanks again @jclast !

Just blow on them and they'll be fine.
    Don't do this, it'll rust the metal in the game coasters. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    Santa, I have not seen my house since your package arrived. I will not see it again till after Christmas. As soon as I do posting the gifts are the first thing on my to do list.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Follow-up from yesterday, Santa's box has been safely claimed, but I'm not going to be both back in my apartment and awake until late Christmas eve to open it. But wanted you to know it was safe

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I don't know if it was delivered by elves or nothin', but Santa strikes!

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Festive bags appear!
    d55gn2wjot1v.jpg

I'm getting some weird readings from this bag.
    fzbrabe1sqbc.jpg
    sa5grkjp0z0q.jpg

I do always love a good story, and I've indeed been on kind of a kick for this setting lately. Looks promising!
    gpid2v5ha7xu.jpg
    tngbn3pcaasf.jpg

More stories to tell, and this one looks pretty great. Read a chapter of it last night and really dig it so far.
    i6t89uyd2xcv.jpg
    2asb88gsug15.jpg

On the more creative side, this definitely looks pretty cool. I'm looking to get started with this a bit later tonight.
    hzcry2psgcxa.jpg
    1debyl6aqgmd.jpg

Thanks, @Delduwath! Definitely made my weekend!

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh look it's another...

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

This time from @MNC Dover! He thoughtfully gifted me $25 and suggested I pick up Moss for my brand new PSVR set, and I did! It's currently downloading now. No he's not my Santa, just a poster with a big heart! Thank you so much! I played the demo for it and fell in love with how adorable the little mouse was! I can't wait to see how my wife reacts to him!

Pretty sure @MNC Dover has been the driving force for a good 25% of Moss sales. It's a damn good game though and Quill is adorable (and a 'she').

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    edited December 2018
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh look it's another...

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

This time from @MNC Dover! He thoughtfully gifted me $25 and suggested I pick up Moss for my brand new PSVR set, and I did! It's currently downloading now. No he's not my Santa, just a poster with a big heart! Thank you so much! I played the demo for it and fell in love with how adorable the little mouse was! I can't wait to see how my wife reacts to him!

Pretty sure @MNC Dover has been the driving force for a good 25% of Moss sales. It's a damn good game though and Quill is adorable (and a 'she').

I will single handedly do whatever it takes to help keep my friend's dream of working on games he loves alive. If I sniff out someone with a VR system, you better be darned sure they're getting a notice from me to buy Moss. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I don't know if it was delivered by elves or nothin', but Santa strikes!

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Festive bags appear!
    d55gn2wjot1v.jpg

I'm getting some weird readings from this bag.
    fzbrabe1sqbc.jpg
    sa5grkjp0z0q.jpg

I do always love a good story, and I've indeed been on kind of a kick for this setting lately. Looks promising!
    gpid2v5ha7xu.jpg
    tngbn3pcaasf.jpg

More stories to tell, and this one looks pretty great. Read a chapter of it last night and really dig it so far.
    i6t89uyd2xcv.jpg
    2asb88gsug15.jpg

On the more creative side, this definitely looks pretty cool. I'm looking to get started with this a bit later tonight.
    hzcry2psgcxa.jpg
    1debyl6aqgmd.jpg

Thanks, @Delduwath! Definitely made my weekend!
    Sweet! Glad it all made it to you safe and sound, @Mechanical! I'd love to see your Brickheadz masterpiece whenever you finish it.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    For a moment I thought there was an actual Steam game called HUGE SWORDS!!!!.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    For a moment I thought there was an actual Steam game called HUGE SWORDS!!!!.

There is, but it’s a Japanese VN ...

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Bueller? Bueller?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Bueller? Bueller?

Nope, but check your PMs!

Steam: offday
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Another package from Amazon bearing tidings of comfort and joy from @Madpoet .
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Again,inspection by Christmas tribble, because one can never be too certain.
    dfrjyv7pdj7q.jpg

Though, shifting the package does fill me with a certain delightful anticipation as a familiar sounding rattle emerges.
    I'm filled with hope. Will this be it? Will this be the year I've been waiting for?

cwuc9pck6cdh.jpg
    ...The note says probably not...
    Due entirely to lousy camera skills on my part, that blur translates into legible text as
    Probably not 10,000 venomous spiders

But, Lego Batman is probably the next best thing.
    iwjie0ykdmpv.jpg

Thanks again @Madpoet . You killed it.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Christmas Eve was already going awesome. I got a raise at work, I made it to Mass in time to sit with my family in the main church instead of the overflow building, and I got to watch A Muppet Christmas Carol while eating pizza for dinner.

And then to top it all off, I got a Steam code from my Santa @Talus9952! Now I get to be a cool space pirate with a bitchin' stereo because that code turned out to be Rebel Galaxy!

Merry Christmas everybody! :)

Rebel_Galaxy_for_PC_logo.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Dear Santee,
    I'm a terrible Santa. You've already gotten a couple of my gifts, but I have more! However, my December has been so busy that I totally forgot to ship them! :( So, as soon as UPS is open again I'll get them shipped, so, Happy New Year's, I guess?

ETA: To make this worse, I was actually about 3 blocks away from you in early December and could have actually hand delivered!

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

I just woke up and saw a Steam friend invitation from @Forar , which I accepted.

...I expected all of this.
    nYXzyi8.png

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines : The first of a list of games I've heard very good opinions about. Somehow I wasn't too spoiled on it, so it'll be good to go.

loy36IC.png

Wolfenstein: The New Order + The Old Blood : Hell yes. I've been back on a classic Doom binge these days, so this game is a welcome sight.

6WOo7B5.png

Into the Breach : Once again, heard good opinions about this specific game.

R7fe4um.png

Bioshock 2 : I played the original Bioshock and Infinite, but didn't get around to playing this one. A good choice too.

fuiRAQo.png

Ikaruga : Oooohhh HERE IT IS. My entire late teenage/early adult years were spent on Touhou games and other shmups, but I never had the opportunity of playing this specific Treasure one. Definitely firing it next year and at least try to complete it.

Well that was a good haul. Thanks for expanding my backlog again, @Forar !

I thought everyone had played V:TM by now. I think it's actually state law in most of the US.

wVEsyIc.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I mean I own it and have it installed and I think I have that mod installed, but I've never played it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I thought everyone had played V:TM by now. I think it's actually state law in most of the US.

What the shit? I own this?
    Steam be crazy.

PSN: jfrofl
    I mean I own it and have it installed and I think I have that mod installed, but I've never played it.

It's like Pringles.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

Canada is, uh, a bit of a different place :redface:

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

It happened again! I just checked my email and I'm now the excited owner of a 3 month subscription to Humble Monthly - thank you very much @Talus9952 and @Elin for delivering it. Or do I have it backwards and Talus delivered for Elin?

Either way, Merry Christmas everybody!

irc2k75l9tyg.png

camo_sig2.png
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Canada is, uh, a bit of a different place :redface:

Incidentally, I wonder who has control there... probably the Gangrel.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santa—you haven’t revealed yourself to me yet—just wanted to let you know that I will be our of town for the next several days. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.