As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Hope everyone had great holidays!

@anoffday let me know he was my Santa, and that a package was making a way to me, but in the meantime he gifted me 60 PSN bucks.

That was super generous! Thanks so much!

I'm probably going to sit on it until RE2 Remake comes out...though the Spidey DLC is looking mighty tempting.

Thanks again!

Kyougu on
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

It happened again! I just checked my email and I'm now the excited owner of a 3 month subscription to Humble Monthly - thank you very much @Talus9952 and @Elin for delivering it. Or do I have it backwards and Talus delivered for Elin?

Either way, Merry Christmas everybody!

irc2k75l9tyg.png

I'm pretty sure this one is all me unless someone else decided to give you the same thing which ... Isn't against probability.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    @darunia106 The coffee was indeed waiting for me in my mailbox when I came back home. It smells amazing!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    darunia106 The coffee was indeed waiting for me in my mailbox when I came back home. It smells amazing!

Awesome!

Of course you actually have to brew it and let me know how it tastes!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My santa has still not revealed themselves to me. I am sad face. :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Elin wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

It happened again! I just checked my email and I'm now the excited owner of a 3 month subscription to Humble Monthly - thank you very much @Talus9952 and @Elin for delivering it. Or do I have it backwards and Talus delivered for Elin?

Either way, Merry Christmas everybody!

- SNIP -

I'm pretty sure this one is all me unless someone else decided to give you the same thing which ... Isn't against probability.

I think I've figured things out and got randomly bombed in the Steam thread as well. Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for the Humble Monthly subscription.! :)

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

I woke up this morning to a Steam Bomb! It appears that @Zython was my Santa and decided my wishlist needed thinning out!
    vEydyblh.png
    1VZ3Afyh.png
    N2yMHz9h.png
    UgMAWJLh.png
    lfa136Hh.png
    DCxjYNCh.png
    EKUvYJLh.png
    PODLnwmh.png

All of these have been on my "I need to get this" list for quite some time so I finally have the excuse to try them all out! Thank you, @Zython! This is fantastic!

eta: Sorry for my lack of response to your message...I failed miserably in my job as Santee on that one...

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Sorry for the long wait I've been enjoying Christmas. But I received my Secret Santa gift, opened it on Christmas, and now have pictures!

30DsGCw.jpg?1
    What could possibly be in this package?

A note!

aryoHay.jpg?1
    With our Santa revealed and presents spoiled, let's take a look at the presents!

HvW7kTw.jpg?1
    The Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia! I already have a ton of these for Zelda, Splatoon 2, and Mega Man so this will go great on the shelf. Can't wait to read it!

h46erMc.jpg?1
    A Zelda box?

4Eo9X6T.jpg?1
    Full of charms! They all look great!

M3PQ5BB.jpg?1
    An 8bitdo wireless adapter! I've got quite a few controllers but no bluetooth adapter for my PC. This will work nicely for hooking them up. Thank you!

3iz8fAB.jpg?1
    A whole lot of candy! Gonna work through this over my break.

9ksKDvb.jpg?1
    A Nintendo eShop gift card! There's a ton of games I want to get on the eshop so I could always use more Nintendo cash. I used it to get Into the Breach, Yoku's Island Express, and Mom Hid My Game!

LfbGzV8.jpg?1
    And the whole haul.

Thanks a ton @The_Spaniard for the loot you generous, wolfy bastard!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It was me, I did the thing!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    THE THING IS DONE! Now for the finishing touches, the boxening, and the shipping of things.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    *Harvey Birdman looking at calendar*

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    *Harvey Birdman looking at calendar*

b52.png

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Time to quote someone's post to steal this GIF...

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

A few days ago a box showed up when I expected to least expect it and was so busy in the preholiday schedule that I wasn't home for any reasonable amount of time to give it the proper attention. I finally had the chance to open it on Christmas eve and it was great. I can't wait to get into these Santa, To Be Named When I Figure Out Who It Is!

Pictures in spoiler
    RKPLexo.jpg
    Amazon really tried with their packaging. Everything was safe and unharmed though!

AeER3cD.jpg
    (covering actual name)"saw you played spiderman PS4 so hopefully you're in the mood for more spidey stories."

It's the first volume of ultimate spiderman. This is actually a bit of a throwback for me. I read these when they first came out and when I was first discovering penny arcade and somehow this just perfectly hit a nostalgia point for me when I recognized it. It's great and I already have sped through it for the first time since way back then.

BVrgbqW.jpg
    "based on your twitter you keep up with politics. This was recently one of my favorite reads regarding our current political situation, so I think you'll enjoy."

I'm gonna be totally up front here. i was worried when I read this message. also i had a momentary "oh god no, they see how I am on twitter" embarassment. There's a few ways that the political book gift scenario plays out that are less than happy. The book jacket description didn't even give me the best picture of what was going on inside. Thankfully, after diving into a WaPo book review I felt pretty confident that this book actually is going to be pretty awesome and i look forward to diving into it.

9NpOjic.jpg
    "since you play d&d i figured you would enjoy looking at some art based on it."

The arts & arcana book. It's actually not just an artbook. It's a total visual history of D&D and it is a sweet heavy coffee table book. There's definitely art in here, but it's like a visual retrospective of the history of the game. There's some crosssections with iconic monsters and how they've evolved over the last 30 years. But there's also just a ton of old posters and covers and magazine ads and a ton of design work and I'm a sucker for old design work.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Time to quote someone's post to steal this GIF...

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

A few days ago a box showed up when I expected to least expect it and was so busy in the preholiday schedule that I wasn't home for any reasonable amount of time to give it the proper attention. I finally had the chance to open it on Christmas eve and it was great. I can't wait to get into these Santa, To Be Named When I Figure Out Who It Is!

Pictures in spoiler
    RKPLexo.jpg
    Amazon really tried with their packaging. Everything was safe and unharmed though!

AeER3cD.jpg
    (covering actual name)"saw you played spiderman PS4 so hopefully you're in the mood for more spidey stories."

It's the first volume of ultimate spiderman. This is actually a bit of a throwback for me. I read these when they first came out and when I was first discovering penny arcade and somehow this just perfectly hit a nostalgia point for me when I recognized it. It's great and I already have sped through it for the first time since way back then.

BVrgbqW.jpg
    "based on your twitter you keep up with politics. This was recently one of my favorite reads regarding our current political situation, so I think you'll enjoy."

I'm gonna be totally up front here. i was worried when I read this message. also i had a momentary "oh god no, they see how I am on twitter" embarassment. There's a few ways that the political book gift scenario plays out that are less than happy. The book jacket description didn't even give me the best picture of what was going on inside. Thankfully, after diving into a WaPo book review I felt pretty confident that this book actually is going to be pretty awesome and i look forward to diving into it.

9NpOjic.jpg
    "since you play d&d i figured you would enjoy looking at some art based on it."

The arts & arcana book. It's actually not just an artbook. It's a total visual history of D&D and it is a sweet heavy coffee table book. There's definitely art in here, but it's like a visual retrospective of the history of the game. There's some crosssections with iconic monsters and how they've evolved over the last 30 years. But there's also just a ton of old posters and covers and magazine ads and a ton of design work and I'm a sucker for old design work.

It was I, the person you most expected!

Hope you enjoy everything! It was fun stalking you and trying to figure out stuff to get you.

I read Beautiful Country Burn Again for a book club I lead and it made for some great (albeit at points depressing) conversation. Hope you had a great Christmas!

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    FYI, Santa. I'm going to be gone Sunday, Monday, and returning Tuesday...so hopefully something appears either today or tomorrow or else I'll be seeing you next year.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Kyougu wrote: »

It was I, the person you most expected!

Hope you enjoy everything! It was fun stalking you and trying to figure out stuff to get you.

I read Beautiful Country Burn Again for a book club I lead and it made for some great (albeit at points depressing) conversation. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Besides being a little sick and the last two days of Christmas retail (with accompanying Christmas party to make up for it all) it was good. Thanks so much!

I'm looking forward to the books. I've been on a bit of a kick with ethnographic writing lately and it's a similar style to how beautiful country is described as a nonfiction work in a novelist's voice.

Kendrik wrote: »
    Dear Santee,
    I'm a terrible Santa. You've already gotten a couple of my gifts, but I have more! However, my December has been so busy that I totally forgot to ship them! :( So, as soon as UPS is open again I'll get them shipped, so, Happy New Year's, I guess?

ETA: To make this worse, I was actually about 3 blocks away from you in early December and could have actually hand delivered!

Okay, Santee, your package is shipped and should arrive on Friday. I hope you enjoy!

steam_sig.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

When I got home today, an anonymous package had been deposited on my doorstep. I swiftly took a pet investigation photo with the nearest available animal! This good-ish boi promptly tried to destroy the box.
    G2Qi9mLh.jpg

Worry not! That photo was staged. The box contents are safe, warded with a message of ominous portent.
    694xlSKh.jpg

The treasure within revealed:
    It's Twilight Struggle! Santa means to fill a cold-war-shaped gap in my historical knowledge with one of the highest rated games on BGG! I confess, my first thought was, "how on earth am I going to get a three-hour-long two-player game on the table?" -- until remembering that this is exactly the sort of thing that my best friend is always trying to get me to play with him. Excellent.

m5NeqdJh.jpg

Thank you, Santa! The field has narrowed such that it's possible to take guesses at your identity, but who can say with certainty? The time is ripe for your dramatic reveal!

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Given the contents of that message, I thought that you would have to, like, cut your own abdomen open to dig out the gift.

Which would be gruesome and all, but I gotta be honest, that would be some impressive Secret Santa-ing.

Well, there's always next year.🤞

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Given the contents of that message, I thought that you would have to, like, cut your own abdomen open to dig out the gift.

Which would be gruesome and all, but I gotta be honest, that would be some impressive Secret Santa-ing.

Well, there's always next year.🤞

#2019goals

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I was kinda thinking more along the lines of WarGames when I put that through, but ideas are now taking form. Oh dear.

Do hope you enjoy it, sorry that one took so long to make it out there!

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Update on my progress:
    @Imperfect

I've now finished The Girl with all the Gifts, The Last Policeman, and Elantris. Now looking at starting We Are Legion, and hopefully finishing it tomorrow. So far, all of these have been definite hits as far as my enjoyment goes, though The Girl with all the Gifts is currently my favorite (actually ahead of my enjoyment of The Fifth Season), so you've definitely got the reading tastes pegged well. Thank you again!

n57PM0C.jpg
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Update on my progress:
    @Imperfect

I've now finished The Girl with all the Gifts, The Last Policeman, and Elantris. Now looking at starting We Are Legion, and hopefully finishing it tomorrow. So far, all of these have been definite hits as far as my enjoyment goes, though The Girl with all the Gifts is currently my favorite (actually ahead of my enjoyment of The Fifth Season), so you've definitely got the reading tastes pegged well. Thank you again!

Elantris (and pretty much all the books by Brandon Sanderson) are great books. The Bobiverse books are amazing, as well, though I think the first book is the best in the series. I haven't gotten around to reading "The Girl with All the Gifts", yet, but I did watch the movie and enjoyed it.

steam_sig.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I was kinda thinking more along the lines of WarGames when I put that through, but ideas are now taking form. Oh dear.

Do hope you enjoy it, sorry that one took so long to make it out there!

I mean, global thermonuclear war is pretty ominous. :wink: No worries about delay; I've been there before. Thank you again!
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Update on my progress:
    @Imperfect

Elantris (and pretty much all the books by Brandon Sanderson) are great books. The Bobiverse books are amazing, as well, though I think the first book is the best in the series. I haven't gotten around to reading "The Girl with All the Gifts", yet, but I did watch the movie and enjoyed it.

The Sanderson rabbit hole goes deep, and his writing improves by leaps and bounds. I can't double check the 2016 Secret Santa thread, but it might have been Elvenshae? Or maybe The_Spaniard? who got me hooked on Stormlight Archives. I've now lost count of how many people I've given a copy of The Way of Kings to. My sister just finished Oathbringer and is still coming to terms with having to wait two years for the next book. :lol:

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Just got back and recovered from a long family trip (5 hours in a cars with a couple of hyper kids on the way back - the hours tend to stretch) and my wonderful Santa has sent another gift!

QFIgun1.png

I have wanted to play this game for quite a while and now I can!

(And apparently I have more stuff incoming, too! @Radiation, you're amazing!)

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Yes! As previously mentioned the stuff I ordered through Amazon.ca was shipping to here. Also working on your dice box thing. Hoping to have that done by tomorrow so I can ship out monday.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Halfway done framing, then boxing begins.

Also I'm not late, this is totally planned around my santee's schedule...totally. That's why I'm waiting this late to send this part (other things were already delivered). :rotate:

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Radiation wrote: »
    Yes! As previously mentioned the stuff I ordered through Amazon.ca was shipping to here. Also working on your dice box thing. Hoping to have that done by tomorrow so I can ship out monday.

You know that, and I know that, but they don't know that yet. Just updating the peanut gallery. =)

Update on my progress:
    @Imperfect

Just noticed this. Dang, you read quick! I'm glad you're enjoying the books, even if I expected them to last you a little longer. =)

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I don’t have time for a full post as I’m leaving but thanks to @Halfazedninja for the Disney Infinity!

Full post with pics after I get back on Tuesday.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Late trip to the office and I found a strange package! Picks will be up in a bit...need to do some work.🙂

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    okay, real life stuff happened which delayed some things, but Santee's stuff is on the way!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    I have received a tracking number!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
    edited December 2018
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

I don't know who my Santa is, but I received a lot of great stuff!
    BKSSIx9

http://imgur.com/gallery/BKSSIx9

Everything is perfect!

I have two degrees from OSU (and I've worked there for 15 years) and I do not have an OSU branded scarf or gloves!

I haven't read Skyward yet. I'm excited, it's right up my alley.

I don't have either game. The ice cream cone game seems like it will be great to play with my daughters. Or with my friends as a drinking game!

Thank you so much mystery Santa!

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

I don't know who my Santa is, but I received a lot of great stuff!
    BKSSIx9

http://imgur.com/gallery/BKSSIx9

Everything is perfect!

I have two degrees from OSU (and I've worked there for 15 years) and I do not have an OSU branded scarf or gloves!

I haven't read Skyward yet. I'm excited, it's right up my alley.

I don't have either game. The ice cream cone game seems like it will be great to play with my daughters. Or with my friends as a drinking game!

Thank you so much mystery Santa!

I haven't heard about Skyward! I'm off to buy it right now! (Sanderson is pretty much a guaranteed enjoyable read for me)

steam_sig.png
    @ZeroCow it was me!

I figured sanderson's first part of a new space epic would intrigue someone into both fantasy and sci-fi and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Go go gelato is a great game to play with the kids that I think is even fun for the grown-ups, and since you seemed interested in getting into board games, railroad ink is one of the newest things I've played this year that I absolutely loved and it's straightforward enough to start playing with a ton of depth in it. Plus the box is small and if you do get more into the hobby storage space is always a worry so hopefully this finds an easy shelf space.

I was trying to find one of those giant like futbol club sized scarves for college teams but it was a difficult thing to hunt for, so I hope the less ridiculously over-sized scarf is ok. I grew up in Youngstown a few hours away so it was cool to have someone from Ohio to hunt for.

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif
    @ZeroCow it was me!

I figured sanderson's first part of a new space epic would intrigue someone into both fantasy and sci-fi and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Go go gelato is a great game to play with the kids that I think is even fun for the grown-ups, and since you seemed interested in getting into board games, railroad ink is one of the newest things I've played this year that I absolutely loved and it's straightforward enough to start playing with a ton of depth in it. Plus the box is small and if you do get more into the hobby storage space is always a worry so hopefully this finds an easy shelf space.

I was trying to find one of those giant like futbol club sized scarves for college teams but it was a difficult thing to hunt for, so I hope the less ridiculously over-sized scarf is ok. I grew up in Youngstown a few hours away so it was cool to have someone from Ohio to hunt for.

It was all wonderful, thank you!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Santa strikes again, with fire and blood ceramic!

Sm3sT5M.jpg

Box for the box cat! Cardboard for the cardboard throne!

Oh, and an amazing mug. :D I admit it caught me completely by surprise, I was worried he was planning on getting me the comic that I already own.

Brilliantly inspired. Thanks a million, @Cameron_Talley

wVEsyIc.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I finished Old Man's War last night. Sure would like to thank my secret santa for sending it to me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I finished Old Man's War last night. Sure would like to thank my secret santa for sending it to me.

It's not a fluke. John Scalzi is a fantastic author, and I've yet to read anything of his that I didn't enjoy and read quickly.

camo_sig2.png