As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    To my Satan....I have received your gifts. I will open them after Christmas, when I am back home. It was very funny having to explain to my mother why I received gifts from Satan.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I got home today to find a small box propped against my door. Something I knew I hadn't ordered. Something Sinister.
    C4UIkUI.jpg
    Inside I found a strawberry!

oXFG2wc.jpg
    Or at least something trying hard to be. The note reads
    "Hi, I saw this was on your list and it's one of my favorite movies so I had to jump on sending it to you.
    Hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas. More to come!
    From Satan
    I open it up to reveal..
    02JmW0U.jpg
    Clue on Blu-Ray! A Clu-Ray!...

I'll see myself out for that one.
    Anyways this movie is great. I actually got Matev this for Satans in 2016 but had never got around to getting a copy for myself. Thanks Satan!

Communism is a red herring

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I got home today to find a small box propped against my door. Something I knew I hadn't ordered. Something Sinister.
    C4UIkUI.jpg
    Inside I found a strawberry!

oXFG2wc.jpg
    Or at least something trying hard to be. The note reads
    "Hi, I saw this was on your list and it's one of my favorite movies so I had to jump on sending it to you.
    Hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas. More to come!
    From Satan
    I open it up to reveal..
    02JmW0U.jpg
    Clue on Blu-Ray! A Clu-Ray!...

I'll see myself out for that one.
    Anyways this movie is great. I actually got Matev this for Satans in 2016 but had never got around to getting a copy for myself. Thanks Satan!

That horrible pun makes me so angry.

https://youtu.be/Raf5JdFecPQ

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sagat Satan has stricken and it is good.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My my it appears that @Xaquin has struck again!

7GlDDbX.jpg

I received this assortment of fine spices! Though as a spice novice I must ask, do I just ground the Gran Masala together to make my own fresh Indian spice?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    My my it appears that @Xaquin has struck again!

I received this assortment of fine spices! Though as a spice novice I must ask, do I just ground the Gran Masala together to make my own fresh Indian spice?

yes!

Grind the garam masala together and enjoy indian food

Grind the other jar together for an outstanding ribs rub

the other little bag is szechuan peppercorns!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    @JimBobtheMonkey has sent me a WONDERFUL BOX OF DELIGHT

I have taken photos of the contents and they're all excellent

But I have to wait until my son wakes up from a nap to take one last photo (!!!!)

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I can now report with certainty that the cherry chocolate fudge so kindly provided to me by @Goatmon is delicious. About half of it got done in in one sitting between the wife and I and it was delightful. Thank you so much again for it! Cookies are good too, the fudge just unfortunately seriously outshines them lol.

• Options
    So on top of the totally rad camera drone that arrived a couple weeks ago, today a package showed up at the door filled with gifts!
    g2Sui3X.jpg

There was a lovely card from my Satan @JimBobtheMonkey wishing my family a happy holidays and telling me the final gift in this box was handmade, and the first one of these he'd made! How exciting! More on that later. Let's check out the loot!

Clearly visible on top of the pile is a lovely toque (yes, toque) celebrating the Kansas State Wildcats!
    lNE1lzo.jpg
    This is great! I've literally been meaning to buy a nice toque for ages because the only ones I have are thin, cheap, beer company giveaways from when I worked for a bar. This one is lovely and soft and warm and big enough for my head!

The second package contained a deliciously soft pair of socks!
    PiFv55W.jpg
    These are never gonna see the inside of shoes. Purely cozy indoor relaxin socks these are.

The next package contained a gift for my son! It's his first christmas so he's been getting all the gifts.
    k9s5Kkz.jpg
    An awesome Dino shirt which is just the right size to fit him in a month or 2 for MAXIMUM WEAR TIME. And also a wonderful dino hat and gloves. He was asleep when the package arrived but you better believe we tried this out when he woke up
    pY8UreF.jpg

The next gift requires a little explanation since it was on my wishlist. See our last apartment had a weird kitchen with absolutely zero functional counterspace, so I decided to build a little kitchen island out of an ikea bookshelf.
    hijK1VK.jpg
    As the top I got a slab of 2 inch-thick pine made to size out of laminated 2x2s at a local woodshop. Pine is soft, though, so after a year of use it's pretty abused and I've been planning on resurfacing it by planing it and sanding it. But since we started using it I've been using a simple foodsafe finish I made myself out of beeswax and mineral oil. So on my wishlist I put a bottle of the legit butcher block finish so I could condition it right after resurfacing to protect it a bit better. A bottle of the finish was in the box from Satan!
    6xOPK9W.jpg

But onto the final, handmade gift mentioned earlier, and also on theme, was this gorgeous customized chopping board
    lb80coG.jpg
    This aint no pine, folks. End grain hardwood with lots of little cuts jigsawed together. It's really lovely work. The finish is especially beautiful, it's as smooth as stainless steel. I think we will keep this to use as a cheeseboard or something, to serve and show it off.

I'm overwhelmed! I was whelmed, and then I just got too damn whelmed! This is so generous and thoughtful. Thank you Jimbob!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ugh... Cuteness overload Pipe.

The baby is OK too.

• Options
    I forgot a thing!
    Also in the box was this awesome instant read thermometer with a few bonus meat thermometers
    laGWAmf.jpg

I forgot it because as soon as I took it out of its wrapping, my wife said "NICE" and claimed it for her own.
    This is also great, thank you!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    bztn59vpeha6.jpeg
    @Tofystedeth your final package arrived! I’ve never heard of this series, but it looks good. I’ll crack into it soon!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    My Satan @KetBra delivered today!
    Upon opening the box, I uncovered this lovely wrapped package. It included a note saying this is the first gift, with a package of local items to come later!
    GC7AlzTm.jpg
    Inside was Wolfenstein 2! This was on my wishlist and I am excited to load it up.
    qgJy9bHm.jpg
    Thank you KetBra!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    also, speaking of the sock coversation from ages ago, we finally managed to find my dad's favourite seasonal socks

i used to hate them as a child, but now i really think they are great

DvdSYP_U8AAGlQB.jpg

i've been looking for more socks like this for a while

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    To my target: Don’t worry. I had to go farther from where I live before I was able to find an appropriate gift, but it’s on the way.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey, has anyone been keeping up on chains for this? I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to Satans this year, so I've probably missed a few giftings.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I think Platy had one going but I haven't seen it updated in a hot minute

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm going to update it now

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Alice in chains

? -> Ceres -> Nogs -> Smof
    ? -> Lalabox
    Quicksnap -> MuzzMuzz 1 2
    Goatmon -> Blackhawk1313-> Marathon 1 2
    ? -> Naphtali 1 2 -> JayKaos 1 2 -> Tonkka -> crwth -> Noggin 1 2 -> Xaquin 1 2 -> Bucketman -> N1tSt4lker 1 2 -> Raijin Quickfoot 1 2 3
    ? -> Veldrin 1 2 -> Straightzi † ‡† ‡‡
    Kadith -> Brolo 1 2 -> DrZiplock
    Ladybug2332 -> Grobian 1 2 3 -> Nullzone
    ? -> Quicksnap
    Fearghaill -> Madican 1 2
    ? -> Okami
    ? -> Platy -> DashD -> Rankenphile -> iloveslimes
    Blake T -> Perrsun 1 2
    ? -> Fig-D
    ? -> Cello 1 2 -> Skeith
    KetBra -> JimBobtheMonkey -> hashpipe 1 2
    ? -> Tofystedeth -> Caulk Bite 6 1 (yup) 2 3 -> godmode
    ? -> Lost Salient
    ? -> Slacker71
    ? -> Lasbrook

Platy on
  • Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    KetBra -> Jimbobthemonkey -> #pipe

edit- Cheers!

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Mine was a Sagat Satan gift and I don't think he's my real Satan?

Goose! on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Finally sent something with a note attached. We'll see how it all is when it arrives.

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    @Veldrin I'm outing myself as your satan as there are two more items that according to Amazon.com.au:

Delivered 23 Nov. 2018
    Package was delivered to your pick-up location and is available for collection

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    My Satan @KetBra delivered today!
    Upon opening the box, I uncovered this lovely wrapped package. It included a note saying this is the first gift, with a package of local items to come later!
    GC7AlzTm.jpg
    Inside was Wolfenstein 2! This was on my wishlist and I am excited to load it up.
    qgJy9bHm.jpg
    Thank you KetBra!

Glad you got the package! If Wolfenstein was all that was in there, there will actually be two more packages coming!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I still have not sent anything. It was a busy season this year, but I have now purchased all the purchases but need to pack and send.

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Alice in chains

? -> Lalabox
    ? -> Noggin 1 2 -> Xaquin 1 2 -> Bucketman -> N1tSt4lker 1 2 -> Raijin Quickfoot 1 2 3
    ? -> MuzzMuzz 1 2
    ? -> Naphtali 1 2 -> JayKaos 1 2 -> Tonkka -> crwth
    ? -> Quicksnap
    ? -> Okami
    Blake T -> Perrsun 1 2
    ? -> Fig-D
    ? -> Cello 1 2 -> Skeith
    ? -> Lost Salient
    ? -> Slacker71
    ? -> Lasbrook

QuickSnap>MuzzMuzz.

<3

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Slacker71 wrote: »
    Veldrin I'm outing myself as your satan as there are two more items that according to Amazon.com.au:

Delivered 23 Nov. 2018
    Package was delivered to your pick-up location and is available for collection

@Slacker71 Oh whoa, that's a long time ago! Thanks for the heads up (and thank you so much for the gifts so far!). I'll check the post office to see if there has been a mix up somewhere, because I've definitely picked stuff up since then, but nothing Satanic outside of what I've posted here already. I'll let you know asap.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Alice in chains

? -> Lalabox
    ? -> Noggin 1 2 -> Xaquin 1 2 -> Bucketman -> N1tSt4lker 1 2 -> Raijin Quickfoot 1 2 3
    ? -> Quicksnap
    ? -> Okami
    Blake T -> Perrsun 1 2
    ? -> Fig-D
    ? -> Cello 1 2 -> Skeith
    ? -> Lost Salient
    ? -> Slacker71
    ? -> Lasbrook

crwth->noggin

two posts, too lazy to find em 😴

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    My posts are there (Noggin through Raijin), just need to connect the chains

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks y'all!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    bztn59vpeha6.jpeg
    Tofystedeth your final package arrived! I’ve never heard of this series, but it looks good. I’ll crack into it soon!
    Yay! Glad it all reached you.
    I was introduced to that series by a satan several years ago, so I'm paying it forward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »

i never learned how to read!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Noggin wrote: »

i never learned how to read!

*Oscar Clip*

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Satan sent me a treasure trove of tropical treats
    Uw1b7DH.jpg

Honey roasted macadamias from the Big Island of Hawai'i and various Asian snacks: rock salt plums, wasabi peanuts, nori maki rice crackers, dried li ching cherries and li ching gummy bears.

Inside the blue gift bag there were Spam and a Spam musubi maker. Wikipedia informs me that Spam musubi is a Hawaiian staple.

OtCVJxZ.jpg

Thanks, mysterious Satan! I'm going to make some Spam musubi and then post pictures and report back.

There was also a second note promising even more gifts

4vkAHKY.jpg

Thank you very much! My family already ate half of the macadamias (they compared the rock salt plums to salty licorice though).

Platy on
  • Options
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Gift Away!

It's not as much as I wanted to send, but enjoy!

It looks like it's coming in 2 different packages on the 30th and 31st!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My 2-year-old is oddly obsessed with that physics book. Reminds me of that scene from Men in Black with Tiffany. Very suspicious.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    After the heads-up from @Slacker71 I decided to confront my local post office and see why they have been holding my precious Satan's gifts hostage for the past month.

Words were exchanged like clashing blades, denials exclaimed, evidences produced, and managers summoned. Eventually perseverance won the day and a lone package was discovered out of place. I left victorious, package in hand, my Satan's honour intact.

"HEAVY" marked the box. A commentary on the sacrifices involved to produce and deliver the contents to me? Possibly. Also the box weighed like a million kg.

hcqslt97yr3o.jpg

I ripped the box open, unable to contain myself any longer...

4rjxczcawsn4.jpg

Thank you so much, @Slacker71 <3 I've been needing a decent mortar and pestle for a while now, and this one looks classy as heck. And thank you for the pencils too! Getting decent art supplies for a reasonable price here is a fool's game, so this is a great help. The tin looks a bit bent, but I checked and the pencils are all fine. :)

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Glad you like it. I ordered two days too early for Amazon.com to ship the mortar and pestle from your wish list to Australia, so I picked a close match from Amazon.com.au.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/amazon-us-store-shipping-to-australia-2018-11

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    crwth wrote: »
    Alice in chains

? -> Lalabox
    ? -> Quicksnap
    ? -> Okami
    Blake T -> Perrsun 1 2
    ? -> Fig-D
    ? -> Cello 1 2 -> Skeith
    ? -> Lost Salient
    ? -> Slacker71
    ? -> Lasbrook

crwth->noggin

two posts, too lazy to find em 😴

Nullzone -> ceres and I am definitely too lazy to go through and find the two posts right now.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn