As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 'join clubpa' banner

Over in the 'what should the forums be' xmas thread, Tube wrote:
tube wrote:
It's not particularly easy to put precise statistics on this, but I track forum CTAs (ie the Club PA message at the top of the forums) and they don't move the needle. I literally don't think a single person has ever signed up through that link.

As far as I can see, the clubpa banner doesn't contain a link, it's just plain text; the last two banners have real links in there, but not that one:
wfbMOVG.png

Also, I only see those banners when I'm not logged in; as soon as I log in, they vanish, so I very rarely see them; it feels like people logged into the forums are more likely to want to support them than people who aren't, if you see what I mean, so if there were some way to make that one stay around even when logged in, I'd be more likely to see it and click on it.

(and one final minor thing while I'm here -- I knew what club PA was when I did see the banner, but didn't realise there's a special explicit 'support the forums' level of patreon-ness there -- if I'd known there was a way to actively support the forums, I would have joined long ago. From discussions in that xmas thread, other people seemed to feel the same, so it might be worth updating that banner to call out the existence of the 'forumer' tier)

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The forumer tier was added due to feedback in that thread.

Those messages are dismissable, so you would only see them either when you're logged out (and not cookied) or before you dismissed them.

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Oh, cool!
    Those messages are dismissable, so you would only see them either when you're logged out (and not cookied) or before you dismissed them.
    Okay, so I guess I must have dismissed the club PA one a while ago and forgotten I'd done that; fair enough.

Oh, cool!
    Okay, so I guess I must have dismissed the club PA one a while ago and forgotten I'd done that; fair enough.

I think it'd be a good idea for me to update it every now and then, so thanks for putting the thought in my head!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Cool, didn't know about the forumer tier until now. I'm not big into the PA podcasts or merch (except the WASD stuff that just launched -- more of that would be cool!) so I never looked into it before. More than happy to kick in a buck a month, though.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it occurs to me i never got my badge for this year. my patreon account is linked to this account and i have pledged the correct tier for it.

am i missing something? i know i don't have one for last year because i just totally missed the switch to patreon and didn't realize it didn't auto renew

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    That uh

*cough*

isn't implemented yet.

The tech behind Club PA is surprisingly complicated!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    well that does explain things hehe

i suppose that may be related to why it tells me to join club pa on the forums header but recognizes i have joined club pa on the comic page

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    That uh

*cough*

isn't implemented yet.

The tech behind Club PA is surprisingly complicated!

You uh

*cough*

Need a tech guy?

8-)

Goodness gracious no. No we do not. No. No thank you sir. No.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    :sad:

:wink: