As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't see any forums besides The Nakatomi Plaza (and here)

Per the thread title, it seems like I'm locked out of viewing most of the forum categories. This applies on both mobile and desktop and seems to even be regardless of whether logged in or logged out. Very strange.

When going to a bookmarked thread, and even when looking at the Vanilla-powered comments track of a comic strip, I see an error message:

"Permission Problem
You don't have permission to do that."

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    It's the consolidated holiday forum to give the mods a break. The regular forums will return.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Why don't we have the "unsufficient holiday spirit"-screen with link to the holiday forums this year?

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the party pal!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Dark080matterDark080matter CrateriaRegistered User regular
    oh, I guess everyone but me got the memo.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    We just know from past experience. They do this every year, but there's no announcement or anything. If you didn't happen to see it in the short time it was up in previous years (or you just forgot), then there's no way to no about the joy that is the holiday forums!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Lot of us have bookmark directly to the main subforum we read.
    Problem is that, it is easy believe that the forums are down if we just get the generic error page.

that's what I'd assume, if I didn't know better.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    yeah before they’d have a link on the error page but didn’t do that this year for whatever reason

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can still see the whole thing on mobile, and I don't know why. I didn't know we switched to the holiday forums because all my bookmarks still worked.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That might be a cache, my mobile site definitely rejected me refreshing D&D a couple days ago.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I can still see all the forums including the holiday forum. I haven't attempted to post in any but I've refreshed in mobile and on my desktop and it hasn't gone away. I was able to agree with a post and it stuck around so I'm not sure what's going on there

• Options
    It's a permissions-based thing (apparently), so I guess you have been elevated to the higher-class of forumers ;)

Steam profile
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    the forum permissions are an absolute shitshow is the thing

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well good to know I have not secretly been made a mod or something.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    jammu wrote: »
    Why don't we have the "unsufficient holiday spirit"-screen with link to the holiday forums this year?

They were going to, but there was unsufficient holiday spirit.

• Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I figured that's what was going on when all the comment posts on the comic strips just give some blurb about missing permissions, since the comments are linked to the forum.

• Options
    rickman33rickman33 Registered User regular
    I little heads up would have been cool. I had been trying to figure out why I couldn't get in.

• Options
    rickman33 wrote: »
    I little heads up would have been cool. I had been trying to figure out why I couldn't get in.

Next year you'll know :)

Steam profile
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Everything is back to normal now.

• Options
    Let me know if you notice anything weird

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Let me know if you notice anything weird

Sent you a message regarding not all forums showing up when not logged in.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    That was exactly the type of problem I was looking for. Thanks!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Is the Chatlog archive supposed to still be missing? I can't see it any more, logged in or logged out.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.