As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    First 6* since 14

Firion ultra1.

Holy ultra for a character with no holy access. Gacha is v bad.

Iirc, they eventually relent and give him full Knight access.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    First 6* since 14

Firion ultra1.

Firion eventually gets Knight access, around the same time Lightning does (~4-5 months). It might have more use then, hopefully.

First 6* since 14

Firion ultra1.

Firion eventually gets Knight access, around the same time Lightning does (~4-5 months). It might have more use then, hopefully.

Looks like a pretty good one when you have Knight ability. Enholy and an EX Mode that stacks cast-speed buffs every time you do anything.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is this an OSB pool? Interesting choice.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So, draws.

II RoP: Firion Glint. Might be fun if I ever get something decent for him (I have his burst, I guess)

OSB Draw: Steiner OSB, Strago OSB. Strago might be nice. It's a +water light armor to boot. Steiner, well, my IX is abysmal so better than nothing.

VI-2: Gogo BSB. The quest for a water chain continues, boo.

Mixed emotions today. Some non-dupes at least.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Hilda BSB. I don't have much need for something like this given that I already have Minwu USB1, but I guess it's my first healer relic with Magic Blink, for whatever that's worth anymore.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    First 6* since 14

Firion ultra1.

Well, that’s something I guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    II: 1/3, disco. Maria AOSB, holy crap! Now the only thing I'm missing for her is her en-earth LMR.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I got Hilda’s Ultra as well. Seems good!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Threw a pull at the 6 banner because water chain is what's holding me back.

2/11 with a disco.
    Dupe gogo burst
    Mog USB2, which is nice, but since I've got his USB1 it's a tad less appealing. Still, options! Probably get lots of use in torment.

And water continues to elude.

Bah. Fiiine. I’ll do the II draw.

Hilda’s Burst. I can’t say no to a healer Burst with Magic Blink. Also, she’s a Bard who can dive for the chance to Medica when using Bard abilities. So that’s neat; she can be a good secondary healer.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I got Hilda’s Ultra as well. Seems good!

hey guys...I got Hilda's Ultra too. This is VERY WEIRD.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Thinking about it more, proshellhastega + pentabreak on a dancer who can Medica on dance is pretty strong for a lot of things.

Jragghen wrote: »
    Thinking about it more, proshellhastega + pentabreak on a dancer who can Medica on dance is pretty strong for a lot of things.

Yeah, it’s a strong one.

Also, if you’re into it, it’s possible to combine his two Ultras in a rotation, I think. If you’re okay with the Pentabreak falling off by the time you renew Twilight Requiem.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Need water mage stuff, so pulled.

2/11 - No disco.
    Gogo BSB + LMR. Boo.

Parade was a dupe.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I pulled on this because... idk I’m stupid. Umaro lmr gau usb strago usb

Could have been worse, wanted that chain but I’ll take the gau meme I guess. Dunno if strago is better that khimari tho

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Comparing Strago Ultra and Kimahri Ultra?

Well, it depends upon how much you’d get out of the stat boost on Kimahri. Strago actually has access to abilities that do Water damage, so that’s a strong edge over Kimahri (unless you want Kimahri go do Breakdowns). Strago also does damage up front and gives the party Powerchain. It seems real good, to me. Might even be decent for Phoenix? IDK, but Strago can heal on the side, both with abilities and with his legend dive.

Enlong on
    FFX: 60% with yuna's SSB as my only Medica.

Two left!

Also this put me back over 720 rubies, so I made lunar Leviathan.

I should maybe go back and try some of those torment parts 3.

Also, if anyone wants me to start posting teams, I can. It really seems like one you've cracked one or two so you can get a couple 6* abilities, along with passives from a couple 5* magicite (mostly defensive) it gets you enough dives to get some more, which gets you some more, and the ball keeps rolling.

I've got 50% min on everything but XIII and IX right now, and I'm betting I clear IX tomorrow.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Gave the RoP and the OSB draws a yank. Been crunching through realm dungeons and had the mythril... the results?

RoP: 1/3, no disco. Hilda LMR. Small chance for white magic to trigger twice. ...it's better than nothing?

OSB Draw: 4/11, all disco.

Ashe OSB (dupe). Still a 6-star rarity sword that I can either use to enhance the fully-leveled one I have or use it for synergy bonus.

Lann OSB "Mega Mirage Zantetsuken". A massive pure physical attack to one target. Has a high possibility to outright kill the target. Deals more damage if Reynn is in the party. Can break the damage cap. - Looks kind of cool, but they've pretty much forgotten WoFF even existed, haven't they?

Ace OSB "Mega Burst". Massive magic fire and non-element damage to one target. Does more damage if the user is in the front row. Can break the damage cap. - I don't know how sturdy Ace is, but fire is just one of those elements that's everywhere...

Ace OSB (dupe). Worth hanging onto this or is it better to make one super-high level one?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Ace's niche is front row fire pblink. It's odd, but if you want it, he's great.

As for combining the weapons, unless it's +fire and you're lacking that equip type with element boost, I don't see why not.

Played around with IX some. I actually don't know how to deal with this paralyze. No one has Astra in realm, do they?

Jragghen wrote: »
    Played around with IX some. I actually don't know how to deal with this paralyze. No one has Astra in realm, do they?

Quina's new burst is esuna/astra/stock 2K.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I think for IX, you're supposed to time Unicorn correctly, and then push phases fast enough that you don't see more paralyzes. Glhf

Huh, Daily Draw Disco, no dupe!

Noel USB2 (the en-ice with chase one)

Two thoughts occur:

1. I'm totally duping this on the USB draw tonight, aren't I?
    2. I'm going to have to dive Noel, I think? I have his ice imperil/break USB1, his ice w-cast LMR2, and BSB1 and SSB. I used to think Noel was kinda a joke, but the USBs aren't a bad package...

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Huh, Daily Draw Disco, no dupe!

Noel USB2 (the en-ice with chase one)

Two thoughts occur:

1. I'm totally duping this on the USB draw tonight, aren't I?
    2. I'm going to have to dive Noel, I think? I have his ice imperil/break USB1, his ice w-cast LMR2, and BSB1 and SSB. I used to think Noel was kinda a joke, but the USBs aren't a bad package...

I'd legend dive him if you need help on Tiamat/Syldra/FF13 Torment. I think he gets Instant Cast 3 to start, which is an awesome LM2.

edited December 2018
    @Elderlycrawfish hey he's my go to Imperil Ice Guy. I have his BSB and both Usbs and I still use USB 1 much more than USB1.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Elderlycrawfish hey he's my go to Imperil Ice Guy. I have his BSB and both Usbs and I still use USB 1 much more than USB1.

Yeah, it's solid tech. I'm not trying to diss Noel too much (though his early tech/focus was dire), I just also happen to have a lot of relics for Laguna, so usually have ice stuff covered.

But both of them on the same team might make for some interesting work now. Wish I had a good, strong bow for him though.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fest Banners 1-4: All 3*. Uugh.

Data for posterity:
    38->39->40->41->42 misses in a row

38/348->9->50->1->2 lifetime

0/1->2 current batch

5/93->4->5 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

33-draw time, good luck Keepers!

7/33: Iris LMR (dupe), Ace LMR2 (dupe), Lulu LMR, Ashe OSB (dupe), Arc USB (dupe), Red Chain, Tyro GodWall!

Ok, yeah, Happy 2019!

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    5/33, 3 disco: King BSB, Sice LMR, Rapha USB, Rikku USB2, DCecil AOSB

No dupes! Praise be!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    5/33
    5 discos
    Tidus Chain (dupe)
    Serah Chain
    Seven USB Imperil Ice
    Penelo USB PHYS BLINK INSTANT CAST WOOO
    Lann OSB LOL!!!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    6/33
    2 dupes
    Garnet USB
    Luneth USB
    Cid (VII) BSB
    Selphie BSB1

All of those are decent. None of those are amazing. My kingdom for an ice chain.

edited January 2019
    3/33
    All dupes.

WHELP

E: it was Agrias USB2, Zidane USB1, and Ace burst

Jragghen on
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    3/33. Ramza USB (The one with a follow-up), Josef USB (Attack/Last Stand/Haste), dupe Ashe OSB.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    9/33 there's a lot to unpack here. Cloud Materia, Selphie Materia, Curila USB, Josef BSB, Meliadoul BSB, Vaan BSB and Dupe Rosa USB.

Went for a "fuck it" on the lucky despite my dupes because it's literally impossible to be worse than the free pull.

2/11 with a disco, both dupes (Cid LMR, tyro USB)

Not worse! Just as bad!

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2019
    6/11, 3 5*s, 3 6*s
    Dupe Quistis USB
    Gladio OSB
    Tifa OSB
    Cid (XIV) LMR (I think my only relic for him)
    Garnet LMR (heal when using Bard, not bad)
    Kuja BSB

At least it was free!

A duck! on
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    7/33 3 disco

Krile chain
    Golbez chain
    Vincent USB
    TGCid BSB
    Porom BSB
    Strago LMR
    Aranea LMR (dupe)