As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    5/33, two dupe legend material, minwu lmr but don’t have anything for him, dupe rem usb, and Noel usb.

Haha fuck me

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    5/33, two dupe legend material, minwu lmr but don’t have anything for him, dupe rem usb, and Noel usb.

Haha fuck me

:bro:

Struggling to keep from trying for the water chain again so I can salvage SOMETHING today.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    A staggering 9/33!

Dupes that is. All of them were dupes.

Javen on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got 5/33 on the free draw with 2 discos.

Prompto Burst: instant 8-hit attack with ATK/MAG breakdown, command 1 does a Machinist buff. Might be nice when the stronger Offers exist.

Minwu Burst: 8-hits of Holy with Enholy. One heal command and one damage. Might be nice when his Ultra devours all his hones. The wand itself is a +Holy

Lightning Burst1 dupe haha.

Greg Ultra 2: Enfire and makes Samurai abilities chase. Seeing as he’s my Fire Chain dude, probably not gonna see too much use unless I Entrust him. Neat, though.

Ramza Holy Chain!!! Siiiick!

A pretty great haul, particularly for the price.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I got a not-dupe AOSB, thats a win. Then 2 dupes and a bunch of coin

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

Haha fuck me

Both Noel USBs are decent for fighting Magicite Syldra, and they're not bad against Torment Dahaka, either

• Options
    Decided to cast my mythril into the abyss at the first FFVI banner, because I'm a hopeless fanboy.

1/11, disco.

Edgar ultra! Yay!

Starting off the year by rewarding impulsive decisions! In all seriousness, though, I'm happy with this; I love the animation, and it's an ultra with some longevity to it.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Haha fuck me

Struggling to keep from trying for the water chain again so I can salvage SOMETHING today.

You reminded me that I was going to take another shot at the banner if the 33-draw didn't shake out a lucky water chain

4/11: Gau LMR, Gogo LMR, Umaro BSB, Mog USB2.

No dupes, I've got Mog's other stuff and dived so it's a nice slot saver for him at least. Still no chain, too many dupes now to try again.

• Options
    6/33: Emperor BSB (earth aura and rod), Fang BSB (wind aura), dupe Kain BSB, dupe Krile LMR, Noctis OSB, Vayne USB

Vayne USB is very good, and he has a good LD that uses up those stupid red motes, he'll be a great asset for the XII torment
    Emperor BSB is ok I guess. Not like there are a ton of +earth magic weapons running around
    and I have a pretty substantial pile of 6* weapons for XV now, that'll be good for torment

all in all, not bad for free!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I think I heard that Emperor Mateus's burst rod might actually be the only +Earth mage weapon?

Let me try to search that.

[...]

OK, it's not the only one. Heck, Mateus's Ultra also has that, and then there are weird outliers like one of Rude's fist weapons and Gogo (VI)'s Ultra, plus upcoming stuff like Krile's Earth ultra. Still, it's not exactly a crowded field.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Just updated my crystal planning spreadsheet: I think I am actually going to be spending my festival tickets on white/non/summoning, if you can believe that!

Stamina potions and festival stamina still needs to go towards black crystals I think, I've accumulated a few magic rank-chase ultras, and Vivi is always there hungering for more hones.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    4/33, three discos: Gladiolus BSB (dupe), Marach USB, Fujin AOSB, Firion AOSB! Nice!

Marach USB looks a bit clumsy to use, and Firion's skillset is still rather weird without his recent JP buffs. Fujin, though, is now just one LMR away from being complete! Now I just need to figure out a way to mesh her skillset and her USB/AOSB together.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Haha fuck me

You reminded me that I was going to take another shot at the banner if the 33-draw didn't shake out a lucky water chain

4/11: Gau LMR, Gogo LMR, Umaro BSB, Mog USB2.

No dupes, I've got Mog's other stuff and dived so it's a nice slot saver for him at least. Still no chain, too many dupes now to try again.

This is your fault. :p

3/11 two disco
    Dupe gogo burst
    Dupe mog USB
    Gogo bubsy which is probably the least wanted disco on the banner. First bubsy, though, so I guess that's something.

Yep. Not pulling on anything until the next fest.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Gogo Bubsy has some real nice applications in the right team. The applications of an instant buff and hastega to the party are obvious, but it's also fun to do stuff like double or triple-mimic something like Curada or Chain Firaja. Gogo together with that Mog Ultra is a pretty decent support core for a team, I think.

Obviously, it's not gonna work in every team; sometimes you really need someone who can buff the party and also use Support or Dance, but it's pretty strong, I think.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Yeah, not saying it's useless, but mimic strategies always seemed like a lot of effort for something neat, but not the ROI.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I got Gogo BUSB on the VI banner and have been trying it out. It is definitely strong: VoF+ with instant entry is good on its own. Getting the mimic timing right can be a pain (esp. on teams with quickcasters) but when you 3x mimic a chain-[elem]ja while building a chain it is beautiful and has made me giggle out loud.

(Edit: forgot I also 3x mimicked a flame offering once and got the imperil on each hit. Super fun)

Sadly his/her full dive sucks, but a half dive might be worth it for the stats.

Also his/her 5* WHT access takes some pressure off your skill slots when you can’t use godwall.

rattletrap on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I personally did the full dive on Gogo because what the hell else am I gonna dive in that sphere? And I can't say if the LM2 is worth it, without knowing the actual mechanics behind it. After all, you only mimic like, once per use of the Bubsy, so how much of an effect can that buildup effect really have? I feel like it was clearly designed for the Burst, rather than the Bubsy.

Actually, let me check that:

[...]

So the database says it increases ATK and MAG by 2% for each hit dealt by a Mimicked ability, up to a maximum of 30%. Which actually means that the bubsy could max it out relatively quickly. If you triple-mimic a Chain Firaja, for example, that's 15 hits, which is the whole buildup maxed on turn 3 (if you set things up correctly to make that happen). So that's... kinda neat, though it'd be hilarious for the LM2 to be something like dualcast mimic or something. The relic legend materia that makes mimicked actions do 25% more damage is probably the way to go, if you have it. And if you plan to have Gogo just heal all the time, the dive is pretty empty anyway.

I freely admit to having a habit of searching for a problem for a new solution whenever I get a relic without an obvious application. Which helps me stay positive about a given pull, but I figure that it's not super applicable to everyone, and isn't exactly practical in the long run.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Let's see here... did both a draw off the Lucky Draw and the 33x draw.

Lucky Draw: 1/11, no disco. Bartz LMR- low potential for spellblade abilities to trigger three times. I actually have Bartz max leveled; I keep meaning to swap him in for Tidus- and then I remember that Tidus has more breaks than Bartz does.

33-draw: 6/33, 2 disco. Kain USB, Rikku BSB (Dupe) Dark Cecil USB, Echo LMR, Selphie LMR, Montblanc LMR. Only one dupe out of that is pretty good.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    5/33

Faris BSB (dupe)
    Raijin OSB (dupe)

Elarra LMR (Have her USB/Dive so yay)
    Edge USB (Looks pretty old and eh)
    Aeris USB2! (Always up for a good healer usb)

Nice for a free pull :)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Couldn't put off the anxiety anymore.

10/33(!), 3 Discos.

Elarra BSB
    Lulu BSB (+Ice MAG L.Armor)
    Kefka BSB2 dupe
    Porom BSB
    Master LMR
    Emperor Glint
    Noctis Glint dupe
    Lenna USB2 (hello FFV Torment)
    Garnet USB (this thing is solid and complements her Chain)
    Yda USB dupe (feelsbadman)

Some solid stuff, but nothing game changing. Probably done with pulls until 4th anniversary, so things will be boring for a while, and if I can't beat something, I'm probably screwed.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You always have the daily draw!

I'm also not pulling till 4th so we can suffer together.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Since I had snagged Red's chain and Onion USB3, I took Behemoth King for a spin again to see the difference.

Previously, I was doing radiant shield for a painful 58 second Complete.

Without really trying too hard, it's now a 37 second Mastery. I had even completely forgotten his patterns and still curbstomped him. Sheesh. If only I could pull a lightning and water chain, my problems would be over!

Also that first VI banner was tempting me too much, no dupes on it. Should be saving but a 2/11 Sabin USB Locke AOSB pull turned out to be freaking great.

I think I now have BSB/USB for all the fire monks (well, Jecht is just fire USB and nost of his dark stuff). Now I have to figure out which ones to dive!

• Options
    I tried to have Team Bio climb the top of the Crystal Tower this time, but Anima just requires too specific of a strategy for that to work, so I settled for having them take down Aranea instead. My new Edgar toy is fun for the team, but I need to use it right. Spamming Bio Grenade in EX mode is better than he was doing before, but it’s still not that strong, so he still needs to focus on making sure that Chainsaw is the first priority.

• Options
    Took a shot at Fest banner 4, since I only have one dupe:

2/11, one disco - Zell Glint, Gilgamesh CSB! Got it in one!

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    33 draw was solid, but nothing so notable I can list it off right now.

Decided to try the lucky despite having 11 items, and really only wanting TGCid USB, CloudUSB2, or Elarra USB.
    2/11 dupe Bartz wind BSB, TGCid USB!

Already had LMR for Cid, so he got an immediate dive, and will likely heavily feature in my soon to be first Siren clear, and possibly Hades too. Still figuring out the rest of the team to have enough damage at the end for Siren, last night was my first real attempt.

• Options
    Leeks wrote: »

Decided to try the lucky despite having 11 items, and really only wanting TGCid USB, CloudUSB2, or Elarra USB.

Already had LMR for Cid, so he got an immediate dive, and will likely heavily feature in my soon to be first Siren clear, and possibly Hades too. Still figuring out the rest of the team to have enough damage at the end for Siren, last night was my first real attempt.

I've had runs where Riku and Seymour went down, and Orlandeau with his USB/LMR under a G1 chain did enough damage to clear Siren from 50%.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    My 33-pull resulted in a lot of armor, best of the bunch being Kain's OSB, and Ingus' Burst. I'm still kinda smug about my three Fireworks Festival banner draws: I got exactly what I wanted from each of them on the first try. Tyro's Divine Veil Grimoire (do I win Record Keeper?), Rydia's AOSB, and PCecil's USB2. I don't see anything worth pulling for on the 4th phase, so I'll just put my lucky streak on hold for now.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »

I've had runs where Riku and Seymour went down, and Orlandeau with his USB/LMR under a G1 chain did enough damage to clear Siren from 50%.

What abilities and hones do you give to Orlandeau? I probably still need to work on hones, I've never used physical darkness.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Tested idiom with Penelo vs arc and blast spell strike and got 29.9!

Was happy until I saw my best time was 19 sec. hmmmm

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Burnt Offering?

What in the literal fuck, FFRK.

• Options
    Threw a 100-gemmer at the new Banner

Disco: Lightning BUSB

Haha wtf ok then!

• Options
    I wish there was a "start with Astra" RM.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Burnt Offering?

What in the literal fuck, FFRK.

Okay, but I actually love that. I like dumb puns.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I pulled a couple times. It was bad, and then very bad.

But I have laguna’s chain now. 100% worth.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder if Ramza can do any Entrusting while maintaining a Holy chain. Maybe if he Wrath/Entrusts just once and then focuses on himself.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I would really like Laguna’s Chain or Lulu’s USB, but the rest of this banner is dupes or duds. I think it’s time to start saving for awakenings and the multi-chain banners next fest.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I tried for the ice chain

100-gem: nada
    1/11: dupe Irvine BSB
    1/11: Lightning LMR (en-lightning on start..)
    3/11, 2 disco!: dupe Irvine BSB, dupe Lightning BUSB, dupe Lightning BUSB (only 6* dupe on the banner)

Hoarding mode activate! See everyone when that broken shit comes out!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Fest Banner 5: 100 gems. Never ends.

Data for posterity:
    43 misses in a row

38/353 lifetime

0/3 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• Options
    Holy crap! My first attempt at Ahriman part 3 actually got a sub-50% "victory"! Freakin' sweet! Having a bunch of stuff for Onion is a real nice thing.

Sadly, Luneth died first, before he could use his Arcane. Refia managed to survive all the way to Dead End, thanks to Fires Within.

A tip for anyone using Ingus and trying to decide which of his Bursts to use. Don't use his Radiant Shield burst. The reflected damage doesn't count as coming from an FFIII character, so it won't increment the Realm chain. He's better off with Enearth.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

What abilities and hones do you give to Orlandeau? I probably still need to work on hones, I've never used physical darkness.

With a chain, his USB, and two +dark relics, Orlandeau easily caps Dread Weapon, which is preferable since it lessens the healing required, especially if your healer gets silenced. I gave him two R4 Dread Weapons and he does fine, though I could have gotten away with two R3s.

This discussion has been closed.