As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    They're kind of like jean shorts, so would
    jortle

Be more accurate?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They're kind of like jean shorts, so would
    jortle

Be more accurate?
    Only if it's name Jake.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Years ago back in college one of my oldest friends & I made an agreement.

We each asked for gifts from each other. She asked for the canvas messenger bag that Jack Baur used in 24, which was easy for me to track down.

My request was a bit more outrageous, so she had to wait till she had the money to get it.

Eight years later, she finally did.

She got all the parts and even requested the shortest shorts available.
    43a4fea0-f057-0132-44ac-0a2ca390b447.png

She got me the entire outfit that Robert Muldoon wears in Jurassic Park.

The hat, the socks, the belt, everything.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Clever girl

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

We each asked for gifts from each other. She asked for the canvas messenger bag that Jack Baur used in 24, which was easy for me to track down.

My request was a bit more outrageous, so she had to wait till she had the money to get it.

Pics plz

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My mustache has grown to the point where it's just barely touching my upper lip, and it's obnoxious as hell

I need to get the whiskers on the sides of my mouth trimmed if I am going to let the mustache grow further

I am wondering if I can look ok with a beard and handlebar mustache or if this is a folly

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My mustache has grown to the point where it's just barely touching my upper lip, and it's obnoxious as hell

I need to get the whiskers on the sides of my mouth trimmed if I am going to let the mustache grow further

I am wondering if I can look ok with a beard and handlebar mustache or if this is a folly

You either need to trim the mustache or wax it out of the way.

Otherwise good luck eating food ever.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Do it:

tom-selleck.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Wow a Spas-12 shotgun is expensive.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Taking care of a beard is still less work than staying clean shaven.
    m71rcblf03j8.jpg

Plus I hadn't shaved my head in a while. Turns out it'll use all the hot water time in the shower here.

• Options
    Tom Selleck's Magnum, PI did not have a beard, nor did he have a handlebar mustache

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    A few weeks ago I bought a beard shaping tool, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XBJX348, and it's been a big help in getting my beard more symmetrical.

I hate feeling my moustache on my lips or in my mouth, so I trim mine so the bottom edge is just above the top line of my lips.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Finally quit raining long enough here to swap the waterproof jacket with this trench!
    bwdt9tt8b4dz.jpg

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    oh uh
    pre-holiday, i failed to buy this on sale
    857ne9xiquig.jpg
    so

there goes my gift card, i guess?
    the fella says that when i'm sad in future, he's gonna tell me to put it on and just try to be sad now

i'm tempted to return it because i'm grumpy about paying full price, as it is
    ~☆clearly☆~
    a festive holiday item and should therefore be on clearance
    but that probably just means i should instead wear it around and get on with laughing at myself

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Haaahahaha holy crap that's the greatest thing.

I did a mess of pre-Bali shopping while my mom was visiting and came home with two new pairs of shoes, two dresses (one of which I hate), two tops and a new skirt

One of the dresses I let myself be talked into because mom liked it buuut I'm pretty sure it's awful so I'll donate it onward

One of the pairs of shoes gave me horrible blisters, but it's not the shoes' fault - I was told we would be walking just to the top of the road from our villa and what that apparently MEANT was "hiking for 30 minutes along the best shitty dirt shoulders the busiest street from Canggu to Tanah Lot has to offer"

If you haven't been to Bali, I just... believe me, it's bad

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Aheheheh

So I've been using this Timbuk2 cycling backpack that my brother and his fiancée got me for the last four years when I commute. It fits like, everything. My lunch, my work outfit and shoes, my bike lock, my laptop, keys, wallet, sunglasses, portable bike patch kit... And even groceries if I buy a few on the way home.

Well, today I put a bottle of olive oil in there and dropped the damn thing on the slate floor of the office bathrooms and now I've got a backpack full of olive oil.

I'm not sure it's salvageable, although I'm going to try my damnedest, but it might be easier on my washing machine to buy a new one. However they don't make this model anymore. Anyone have any recommendations for a stylish cycling backpack that will fit a 15" laptop, preferably in its own pocket so it doesn't get scratched up?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I used a timbuk2 bag all through art school, got plenty of spilled oils, paint, solvents. It was fine if a bit grubby looking afterwards. The things are built like tanks - I would be surprised if it wasn't salvagable!

• Options
    I think I'm going to soak it in dish soap overnight. It was a whole big bottle of olive oil. Just pulled it out of the washing machine where I did an intense cycle and it is still absolutely oil-saturated to the touch.

If the dish soap can't cut it then oooh well

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've done something similar though less drastic and it took n several washes before the bag didn't feel alarmingly greasy (and I've given n up ever getting the stains out). Depends how important the aesthetic is I guess

• Options
    I don't really care about stains, it's already covered in bike grease. But I do need a functional bag fairly quickly because I can't leave my bike at the office too long, and I'd like to keep my normal commute rather than taking the subway.

I have a couple of messenger bags I can use but they're not very comfortable for long rides, I find.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I wouldn't really worry too much about a soak to be honest, when it comes to seriously oily things, my go to move is straight dish washing liquid to the affected area with a scrubbing brush and then wash that out.

• Options
    I'll give the soap and scrub a go tomorrow evening after work. If that plus this soak plus the washing cycle can't fix it, I'll call it a loss I suppose

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I mean, if you really wanted to be serious about it you could always hit it with engine degreaser.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I mean, if you really wanted to be serious about it you could always hit it with engine degreaser.

Yep - straight up petrol will get fucking ANYTHING out. All you have to do afterwards is get rid of the petrol smell. A can of Carby Cleaner might be a better option.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm feelin' vain so check it out - I wore a nice suit for New Year's Eve

I12bhdY.jpg?1

You can't really see it, but my nails, lips, and eyes were also golden

Straightzi on
  • Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    Oscar Wilde, is that you?

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    That's a nice ring!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's a little snake! I got it back when I did Lucifer, but it's a bit flash for how I usually dress, so I don't wear it much anymore.

zTA0cQH.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bless you, h&m, for satisfying my need for green flowy trousers at a considerably lower price than the previous pair I found

nq129kujho3s.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i will shortly have too much to show to you all because i made many many ill advised purchases of late

no more clothes shopping for a while

poo
  • Options

Yep - straight up petrol will get fucking ANYTHING out. All you have to do afterwards is get rid of the petrol smell. A can of Carby Cleaner might be a better option.

I am going to be honest

If it comes to this I'm taking the opportunity and getting a new bag

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I am going to be honest

You might check out Meh.com today. They've got Thule backpacks available, looks like the black one has some laptop/tablet pockets and the site says it can hold a 15" laptop.

But they're a daily deal kind of site, so they won't be available for long.
    It may not meet your style needs, but I tend to prefer darker colors so it'd work for me (if I had need for a backpack).

xg5jj73wkdzo.jpg
    The dog is probably not included.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

Oh yeah, I want it

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

Literally a Technicolor Dreamcoat

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    see317 wrote: »

I am going to be honest

You might check out Meh.com today. They've got Thule backpacks available, looks like the black one has some laptop/tablet pockets and the site says it can hold a 15" laptop.

But they're a daily deal kind of site, so they won't be available for long.
    It may not meet your style needs, but I tend to prefer darker colors so it'd work for me (if I had need for a backpack).

xg5jj73wkdzo.jpg
    The dog is probably not included.

Ooh thanks for that. I've been looking for a nicer daily bag and carry on for a trip this May. The Accent bag is 50% off and looks to be nearly perfect.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Woot also has a leather messenger bag on sale.

• Options
    I ordered another selvedge denim jacket, a size up from the last one, fingers crossed

https://bravestarselvage.com/products/the-steadfast-selvedge-denim-jacket-1