As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Infernals are the next faction. Released at Lock and Load next year.

Oh shit really? Sweet. Are they going to be another Hordes faction or will there be Infernal Machines?

I think technically Warmachine, but they have completely different and weird mechanics.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they said "neither focus nor fury", and "look to the original monsternomicon for hints".

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Oh hey, neat, I had forgotten this was coming.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I've been trying hard not to think about it because it will consume all of my thoughts.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Everyone loves a loot crate right?
    Well... In any event PP is selling them now! Mystery boxes are currently an option on the site again after selling out pretty quickly earlier this month.
    https://store.privateerpress.com/mystery-box-blowout

Of course the Mystery aspect of it has been spoiled by the internet hive mind, and the current mystery boxes contain apparently 5 options which are as follows...
    CIRCLE

• Battlebox

• Storm Raptor

• Gorax

• Druid Mist Riders

CRYX

• Battlebox

• Kraken / Sepulcher

• Malice

• 2x Nightwretch

• 2x Ripjaw

CYGNAR

• Battlebox

• Stormwall / Hurricane

• Stormclad / Reliant

• Stomblade Infantry

RETRIBUTION OF SCYRAH

• Battlebox

• Helios / Hyperion

• Griffon

• Dawnguard Invictors

SKORNE

• Battlebox

• Hydra

• Cataphract Cetraati

• Cataphract Incendiarii
    Ive ordered 3, you see.

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Oh man, I had totally intended to get the Dracodile before the end of last year, I wanted that t-shirt. Now I feel like I've missed out on that more than not getting the dracodile earlier could ever make me feel...

well no rush to get one then I guess.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Whelp, mystery box came in. I got what I was hoping for... Except somehow managed to not get any Cetrati, and only the ranged cataphracts instead.
    Oh I shall be converting somehow.
    i1qkm1hrq776.jpeg

Witchsight.png
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Is there not a ranged list that can run them? I thought I saw something like that back in the day.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited October 2018
    The CID for Skorne has started as well. They are looking at dropping the cost of the Hydra and Mammoth among other things, hopefully make them a more attractive option.
    Svenska wrote: »
    Is there not a ranged list that can run them? I thought I saw something like that back in the day.

There used to be... In MK2 any caster with a revive ability could get some good back strike angles with them. But now revive requires you to give up your combat action, so no attacks. And for instance, during the recent world tournament not a single unit of Incindiarii or Arcuarii were used in all of Skorne, haha.

They also had the saddest win record overall I believe, something like 39%. Need some lurve.

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    looks like Monpoc's relaunch quietly hit stores, just popped up at Miniature Market

I bought a set for MonPoc. My group is weirdly excited about it, and I'm happy to ride that wave.
    Sucks about Skorne, hope the CID can bring em back in the game.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

edited October 2018
    Yeah, I picked up a GUARD starter at GenCon. (Since that’s what I played in 1.0.) Can’t wait for the Shadow Sun stuff to come out in a couple of weeks.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    What's the current state of Cephalyx Puppet Masters these days? I haven't actually played in years and am not sure whether I'd rather try to rehome them, or get back in.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    MonPoc is great. The game is now designed for 2 monsters as the base and it plays amazingly at that level. as it cuts out some of the staring each other down across the map that could arise at the 1 monster stage. Shadowsun and Cthul should be out on the 12th I think.

I’m probably going to grab a GUARD starter myself at some point, mech vs kaiju is right up my alley.

As for Cephalyx, I honestly haven’t seen much chatter about them in a while but I admit I don’t go seeking out much that doesn’t involve Cygnar. I haven’t seen them come up at all as far as matchup discussions.

I haven't heard much of them, but I believe there were two Cephalyx lists played at this years WTC.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I haven't heard much of them, but I believe there were two Cephalyx lists played at this years WTC.

Yes, 1 on the Italian team, 1 on the Belgian team, both with Thexus. And I have seen quite a few of them over the years in Germany.

My LGS is finally giving up on WM/H and discounting everything to move out in-store stock. They'll still special order it for you, but it's no longer going to be regular inventory.

Finally got my first game in yesterday. Won with ret vs trolls.

Played a game of MonPoc. There's a lot of depth hidden in there, between dice management, unit placement, and power attacks. Had a blast

Svenska wrote: »
    Played a game of MonPoc. There's a lot of depth hidden in there, between dice management, unit placement, and power attacks. Had a blast

That's great! I agree, there's a lot of hidden depth in the resources to manage on addition to keeping your Monster safe with placement.

Oh sweet, Sky Sentinel and Deimos-9 are dropping in January.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/41624/g-u-a-r-d-martian-menace-expand-monsterpocalypse

persona4celestia.jpg
    Ooh, and faction buildings. Wasn't expecting those so soon.

Oh, I missed that replacement bases were coming in January as well.

Unrelated, I'm tempted to go through my old stuff and see what I have lying around.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Looks like it's Grab Bag time again over at Privateer Press.
    https://store.privateerpress.com/faction-mystery-grab-bag?fbclid=IwAR0zLj-_uAm7CVo8Dm-vDQ1vD_NQvFBpA0tQFBmrLYQfLHAYleVlZKSuyq8
    Bolster your forces or get the beginnings of a whole new Faction with the Faction Mystery Grab Bag! Each Grab Bag contains over $400 worth of WARMACHINE or HORDES models for only $124.99 $109.99 since for a limited time this item will count towards the $15.00 off $100 tier sale! Best of all, each Grab Bag is guaranteed to come with at least 1 huge-based model. Each Grab Bag's contents is tailored to only contain models (may contain duplicates) that work for one specific Faction (may include Mercenaries and Minions), so everything you get will be usable together. Just add in a Warcaster or Warlock as needed and customize to taste, and you'll have everything you need to carve out your legend on the WARMACHINE and HORDES tabletop. Depending on demand, please expect longer than normal shipping times. All sales final on Mystery Grab Bags. May order up to 6 Mystery Boxes in one order to avoid duplicate factions.

So, if you're looking to maybe expand a current faction, or maybe start a new faction off with entirely too much to paint, or maybe just fill out that empty "Steam powered robot" part of your bitz box...

see317 on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh nice.

...Holy crap they remembered that Ironheads are a thing and we're getting a Steelhead one.

Plus hey, new rhulic model!

persona4celestia.jpg
    I'm so excited for Infernals!

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I'm so excited for Infernals!

Apparently they're going to be like a group of powerful juniors instead of a single super powerful warcaster? I love this and the faction sounds like everything I want

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So my reignited passion for Warhammer 40k and miniature war gaming in general has reminded me I have a Captain Allister Caine Cygnar army with a Stormwall just kind of hanging out. I last played in Mk2. What books do I need to buy to get going with Cygnar in Mk3?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    They don't really do books any more, go ahead and download the Warroom 2 app and buy the Cygnar cards.
    Or, all the cards are now printable for free on Privateer Press' site.

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Also Conflict Chamber is good for making lists - better than War Room IMHO

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Conflict chamber is good (and great when looking at stuff in CID), but I like using War Room for actual in-game battle tracking too.

edited January 2019
    My in-laws got me Nemo2 for Christmas (this was a self inflicted wound since he was on my Amazon wishlist, though they did get me Siege2 as well)

There’s a part of me that wants to build and run something like:

War Room Army

Theme: Storm Division
    2 / 2 Free Cards 74 / 75 Army

General Adept Nemo - WJ: +26
    - Squire - PC: 0
    - Dynamo - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
    - Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
    - Firefly - PC: 8
    - Firefly - PC: 8
    - Lancer - PC: 10
    Storm Strider - PC: 18
    Storm Strider - PC: 18
    Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4
    Stormsmith Stormcaller - 3 Stormsmiths: 0
    Stormsmith Storm Tower - Gunner & Grunt: 4
    Stormsmith Storm Tower - Gunner & Grunt: 4

And just abuse Veteran Leader and Storm Striders for accurate shots which are then boosted in damage by the Fireflies.

No illusions on it being competitive, but it’d be funny.

Nobody on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/privateerpress/the-art-of-privateer-press

Kickstarter for a pretty sweet looking art book. Buying the book (digital or physical) also gets you a Riot Quest model who is useable in WM/H AND works for everyone (including infernals).