As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Actually that's Show Z a Chinese seller that has really good customer service and has high reviews from lots of collectors. I've looked at them a few times for some of the stuff they sell. They also respond to posts on TFW2005's forums.

Feel a little silly since I looked a tree listing but not the rest of the site. That's good to keep in mind for future prichases though.
    Heffling wrote: »
    Thanks @Heffling didn't realize they had their own site. Not sure why

Edit: looks like that bar set (zeta toys bar01) is legend scaled. Which seems....weird?

The support bars remind me of the ones used for MP Starscream.

Which bar? I was referring to this one:

• Options
    Siege toys were the ones that were supposed to come with the blast effects and stuff right? Anyone have them and are they any good?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    The targetmasters have the effects pieces, but I haven’t picked up any of those. So far I just have the micromasters which are a blast from the past for me, they’re fun little dudes

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I have the siege guys with the blast effects. I have no idea how to rank/grade them. I'll try to take some photos of them for you.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I appreciate it but I you don't need to go wild. I guess the question is: are they good enough that you'd buy them separately? Or are they bad enough that even packed in you don't like having them attached?

• Options
    edited December 2018
    @WingedWeasel

Hopefully you'll see this before the forums go to Holiday mode. Took the photos of the Targetmasters and their effects. I forgot that the effects feel like rubber or at least rubbery plastic. They are soft and somewhat pliable which is fun. They "peg" onto any peg ends for any of the Siege Weapons (I can put them on the ends of Skytread's guns or Cog.
    targetmasters_siege.jpg
    targetmasters_siege2.jpg
    effects_siege.jpg
    effects_siege2.jpg

Edit: Also forgot to say that the Targetmasters are great. Actually I like them better than the MP one I got with Hot Rod since they tab into themselves making them really solid as a weapon. No flopping about going on.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    they look pretty good to me. i missed this before the holiday forums kicked in. the yellow one reminds me of the dagger thing megatron used in the movie but also looks cool as muzzle flash. the pink ones kinda just look like missiles to me

since we are back from the holiday forums, anyone receive/give anything cool? i got a bumblebee movie soundwave which i think is mostly identical to the power of the primes one. a bumblebee movie optimus, some 3rd part insecticons, and a 3rd party paddles (planet x triton). all were/are pretty awesome except paddles who isnt here yet

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Yeah the Bumblebee Movie Soundwave is the PotP Soundwave but with a more realistic radio tape deck mode if you ask me.

I'm still waiting for my bad arm Ramjet which is in the mail. Paddles to be shipped. Oh and I got the EE Exclusive Jedi Training Rey which she is on a cool card.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nothing along these lines, but I'm hoping to order Paddles this weekend

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I only got a few figs for Christmas. I got the G1 minibots from Walmart, Fanspoject Highbrow which I finally got around to getting, Maketoys Wrestle which had its skirt break off almost immediately but from reasearch seems like that's super common, and Maketoys Thunder Manus with Divine Armor which quite rules.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Anyone know about the 3rd transformers prime optimus? I saw something about a non transforming version but no links or pictures that I could find

Edit: nevermind. Which the search found it

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/27/iron-warrior-iw-05-pioneer-transformers-prime-optimus-prime-color-prototype-images-379720

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Somebody got super lucky

wpwwqckdkvps.jpg
    (It wasn't me)

Schide on
  • Options
    what line is that from? and does that say 8.95?

• Options
    Uh, is that the Planet X Omega Supreme?

If so, holy shit

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That's why Half-Price Books is the best

• Options
    Yeah, it's Project Genesis.

And I think that's from 2nd & Charles but the same principle applies.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bah, it's out of it's packaging, and doesn't have instructions.
    Wouldn't want that thing if they paid me to take it.

What do you mean "sour grapes"?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I know that thing costs a lot, and I hear good things, but dang, the quality does look cheap in that photo, maybe it's just the lighting

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I know that thing costs a lot, and I hear good things, but dang, the quality does look cheap in that photo, maybe it's just the lighting

maybe compared to it's retail price. but think about what you get for $9 from mainline stuff

• Options
    Oh I mean obviously that is a ridiculous price to get it for

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Got my Shockwave Labs Predaking upgrade set . It is what it is. A plastic filler piece. It does the job but it's nothing special. In fact its just white plastic painted yellow. Also while it won't fall out, the bottom isn't secure and can be pushed in a bit if you try holding it from Predaking from the front and lower back. Holding his waist from the sides doesn't result in them collapsing anymore though. Also the knuckle spike added doesn't lock onto anything, and comes loose if you try to move it like in the pics below.

So the back filler looks better than the testicle looking spine of the DNA design set. Speaking of which, that set was initially supposed to come out last year and still hasn't. I basically just want the Sword, hands and wings from that set, although I'm kinda fine with the default wings.

vRuXTLD.jpg

svom5Un.jpg

bjY2VpN.jpg

0GNJ89G.jpg

qJ3EETT.jpg

Also moved some of my (boxed) computer hardware to the bottom of my bookcase and put the only two figures that were there on other shelve. Now they won't collect as much dust and I'll be able to notice them more.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Oooh, nice. At least there won't be a big empty spot on his back.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yeah if that's all you want to do then I definable recommend this set over the DNA Design set. It's A LOT cheaper as well. I got mine from the ebay seller johosontony, who is pretty reliable.

For some reason I can only find the item and his store on the normal US ebay store, instead of the australian one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shockwave-Lab-SL-37-Upgrade-kit-for-PP-31-Predaking-In-stock/312382940937?hash=item48bb796709:g:c9wAAOSwGq5cF1lz:rk:2:pf:0

They also have a sword as well, but since I'm getting the DNA design set with the sword there isn't much reason for me to get this one. Also it's friggin expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shockwave-Lab-SL-38-the-Sword-for-Predaking-Power-of-the-Prime-In-stock/312408656089?hash=item48bd01c8d9:g:LmUAAOSw2zRcKgaU:rk:1:pf:0

Also when I was dusting my bookcase I reminded that MP-06 Skywarp's second faces is still awful. Used a pic online because I couldn't be bothered taking a pic

irDAOd6.jpg

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Oh good grief that is one ugly mug!!! Glad I picked up the MP11SW version now more than ever.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I do hope Takara does a version 3 of the Seekers. I passed on the MP11 mold completely due to the loose chest issue. I think it might have been fixed in one of the Skywarp releases, but I'd rather a completely new mold. Also the coneheads' nosecone doesn't lock into place in the back like the previous seekers.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    So, these new targetmasters. Hasbro's plastic quality has gone from something you'd buy on SirToys to something you'd get for free with your order from SirToys because nobody would pay for it.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Just ordered PX-07 Triton aka Paddles from BBTS. 70% off? Sure!

• Options
    From the reviews I’ve seen, I can understand the discount, it seems to have some issues and didn’t look fun to handle. I waffled on it a bit, but decided na. Hopefully it turns out well for y’all!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I saw one review that was somewhat bad, but the reviewer posted up a mea culpa because there were some things he didn’t know when he did the review.

All in all, I would definitely have hesitated at full price, but $29.99+shipping is definitely worth the leap of faith.

Worst case scenario I’ll just leave him in Dino form

Nobody on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I definitely don't blame ya, I almost pulled the trigger, but I have/had so much already pre-ordered, I figured I might as well just hold off

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    So, these new targetmasters. Hasbro's plastic quality has gone from something you'd buy on SirToys to something you'd get for free with your order from SirToys because nobody would pay for it.

i have no idea what sirToys is...but i take it they are terribad?

• Options
    From the reviews I’ve seen, I can understand the discount, it seems to have some issues and didn’t look fun to handle. I waffled on it a bit, but decided na. Hopefully it turns out well for y’all!
    Nobody wrote: »
    I saw one review that was somewhat bad, but the reviewer posted up a mea culpa because there were some things he didn’t know when he did the review.

All in all, I would definitely have hesitated at full price, but $29.99+shipping is definitely worth the leap of faith.

Worst case scenario I’ll just leave him in Dino form

Aww, I hope it isn't the case. But yeah if it is terrible guess it will sit in dinosaur mode. Mine (from originally pre-ordering it back on Black Friday) is on its way.
    143999 wrote: »

i have no idea what sirToys is...but i take it they are terribad?

A site dedicated to selling the really bad and funny knock offs from China. I honestly didn't think the new Targetmasters plastic was that bad. It isn't the normal plastic they seem to use, but it doesn't feel cheap at least. Feels a bit softer than the normal toy plastic Hasbro uses.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post but I got my "bad" Ramjet today. Took me a few, but figured out how to fix the shoulder joint issue with the pin punch (which was easier and less damaging than the wrench). What is cool is that his waist is much sturdier than my original fixed one from TFSource. Sadly there is a wing part that is backwards (which is one of the complaints about him) and the back of his head is loose. Once I figure out how to fix the head he'll stay in robot mode. But it is way cool to have a MP Ramjet for only $44 which included shipping.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    i was curious how they would turn out. glad that it sounds like it'll be a worthy investment

• Options
    Yeah I would say get him if you get a chance, but I think they sold out of all of them. You get a real MP Ramjet for less than a knock off and it only costs you 15 minutes of work (and maybe the cost of some new tools).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    If you are handy with tools and don't mind fixing toys you can get MP Ramjet for $39.99.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85025

Video for the fix:

https://youtu.be/tJV_ei3mPQo

Or can buy a 1/16 pin punch instead of the pliers and a star bit. Amazon has one for under $5.

@Betsuni thanks for the heads up. Mine came in Wednesday, but I didn't have time until tonight to fix the shoulders. I need more opportunities to save $120 for half an hour of my time.

• Options
    i've seen a few customs made out of the siege for cybertron hound. i didnt even know there was one...or forgot there was. the one i've seen for ironfist looks really good

• Options
    Anyone here sold to tfsource or other larger online dealers before? I kinda want to offload a bunch of stuff and I don't think eBay is gonna work

• Options
    I've only sold on evilBay, and that was a while ago. Never tried selling to online sites since I figured it would be a pain and I didn't trust their estimates or if they would give me a fair value.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.