As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Yeah I honestly think she is probably the best investment for them. As much as I like Female Robin, she just sucks in-game. Aversa is pretty amazing for debuffing the entire enemy team (assuming she has enough HP), at least for PvE modes and Aether Raids where BST doesn't matter.

I agree that she is right now, but disagree on Female Robin being all that terrible with the new refine. Spectrum Tactic 2 is pretty awesome, especially for supporting Bladetomes. The addition of a Raven element to her refine (probably a good tradeoff for Cav effectiveness) also means that she's a support unit that also fills an extremely useful additional niche: baiting Veronicas in AR.

That said, the problem with these grail units is, sure they may be good or even very good, but are they good enough to justify using such a limited resource? Probably a no right now on F Robin, unfortunately, but she's far from a bad unit.

Raventome effectiveness has to contest with Arena score since they want to run Triangle Adept instead of G. Infantry whatever stupid skill (otherwise Robin does such piss poor damage without TA3 to buff it up). Also honestly at least where I'm at, I don't see that many archers anymore outside of the occasional Brave Lyn in Aether Raids (but I'd never waste an Aether Raid slot on Robin). There's also like, Male Robin who is identical other than color but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get copies of and has access to IVs.

What does arena score or Brave Lyn have anything to do with it? I specifically emphasized AR, where Veronica is absurdly common, and where having a support unit that features as very strong Veronica bait is quite nifty.

M Robin would be a totally adequate substitute, but blue tomes have like 4x as many powerhouse units to compete with as green tomes do. Both have downsides in that way.

I mean, I already acknowledged that she has a lot working against her, but I just really disagree that it makes her a bad unit.

Or you can spend them on Aversa who is way better for AR :P I'm not saying Female Robin doesn't have her uses, just that Grails are way way waaaaay too rare a resource to be spending on her when she's pretty niche and Male Robin literally does the same things but doesn't cost grails to merge up.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Honestly, the fact that grail units come in at 4* makes it not worth doing at all for me. I have way more pressing things to spend feathers on!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    This guy is totally worth it for me 8-)
    up4iueveltbv.png

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    He is definitely one of the best choices for merging.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    :D -HP/+Res Eirika. Now what to slot in her A slot?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    :D -HP/+Res Eirika. Now what to slot in her A slot?

I tend to just go ATK+3 for healers since they don't use most of the A slots all that well. It's also a very cheap option :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Yeah I honestly think she is probably the best investment for them. As much as I like Female Robin, she just sucks in-game. Aversa is pretty amazing for debuffing the entire enemy team (assuming she has enough HP), at least for PvE modes and Aether Raids where BST doesn't matter.

I agree that she is right now, but disagree on Female Robin being all that terrible with the new refine. Spectrum Tactic 2 is pretty awesome, especially for supporting Bladetomes. The addition of a Raven element to her refine (probably a good tradeoff for Cav effectiveness) also means that she's a support unit that also fills an extremely useful additional niche: baiting Veronicas in AR.

That said, the problem with these grail units is, sure they may be good or even very good, but are they good enough to justify using such a limited resource? Probably a no right now on F Robin, unfortunately, but she's far from a bad unit.

Raventome effectiveness has to contest with Arena score since they want to run Triangle Adept instead of G. Infantry whatever stupid skill (otherwise Robin does such piss poor damage without TA3 to buff it up). Also honestly at least where I'm at, I don't see that many archers anymore outside of the occasional Brave Lyn in Aether Raids (but I'd never waste an Aether Raid slot on Robin). There's also like, Male Robin who is identical other than color but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get copies of and has access to IVs.

What does arena score or Brave Lyn have anything to do with it? I specifically emphasized AR, where Veronica is absurdly common, and where having a support unit that features as very strong Veronica bait is quite nifty.

M Robin would be a totally adequate substitute, but blue tomes have like 4x as many powerhouse units to compete with as green tomes do. Both have downsides in that way.

I mean, I already acknowledged that she has a lot working against her, but I just really disagree that it makes her a bad unit.

Or you can spend them on Aversa who is way better for AR :P I'm not saying Female Robin doesn't have her uses, just that Grails are way way waaaaay too rare a resource to be spending on her when she's pretty niche and Male Robin literally does the same things but doesn't cost grails to merge up.

This I very much agree with. As evidenced by the fact that ... I am spending my grails on Aversa!

Just don't think F Robin is a bad unit, though, that's all. Her refine is actually a really great one, I'd definitely build her if I didn't have higher grail priorities, and I would build a M Robin if I didn't already have a +10 Ishtar, a +5 Reinh, a +4 Micaiah, a +3 F Morgan, and a +3 L'Arachel.

Yeah, I get pitybroken by blue mages a lot. (Well, the Isthar was deliberate.)

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Aether nooooooooooo

Black Luna is like, the very best thing about Zelgius/BK. It's what turns him from a really good red armor into one of the most ridiculous threats in the game.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    Yeah Black Luna is legit broken. He can take down blues with that thing.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    BL for the win, Aether for the tempest?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Aether is kinda overkill for Tempest Trials tho :P I usually just slap Sol on a bunch of my dudes :P

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    So I'm at 7820 right now for AR. It's possible for me in the 4 runs I have left, to get to the 8200 points needed to go up to tier 19. However, I would have to see zero defenses or all successful defenses. Maybe I should consider using Eir next week to help out with points.

On the grails topic, I'm simply hoarding now and haven't figured out where to spend them yet. Aversa seems highly useful though.

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    So I'm at 7820 right now for AR. It's possible for me in the 4 runs I have left, to get to the 8200 points needed to go up to tier 19. However, I would have to see zero defenses or all successful defenses. Maybe I should consider using Eir next week to help out with points.

On the grails topic, I'm simply hoarding now and haven't figured out where to spend them yet. Aversa seems highly useful though.

Aversa is ridiculously useful in many different modes. She brings something totally unique and very strong, which...almost no other grail unit can quite claim.

I do wish grails were a bit easier to come by. There are a lot of units in there that are quite good but just aren't worth the opportunity cost. Valentine's Eliwood, for instance, has a really appealing, balanced stat line and can be built a ton of different ways because of it. Walhart is a really good green axe cavalry, a combo that doesn't have a lot of appealing competition. Evil Takumi gives you a totally unique and interesting weapon effect.

With the amount of units and refines and skills out there now, my standards for what is worth investing in have really gone up. For me, you probably need to do something that nearly no other unit can, or do it better than anyone, and that something has to be worthwhile in maybe one or more game modes. Aversa really fits that bill for me.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Oh yeah I use Aether for tempest. Black Luna otherwise. Been running him with WChrom and Cecilia.

Also it isn't overkill if you get it for free when inheriting steady breath mwahaha

Acheron on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    In collecting AR rewards it told me I'd earned a bronze throne. When I go into my keep, it says it requires tier 21, which is what I expected. Nothing in my inventory (I'm tier 18).

Will it count towards the count on my throne when I eventually got one though? Maybe?

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Last season of AR I finished fricking 10 lift away from tier 19. I needed two perfect runs on the last day or a single unit killed by my defense. Of course I get one of my only -80s for the season and lose one unit on offense! Now without any light blessing bonus lift, I doubt I will make it this time. Maybe next week...

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm, is this the first week with new bonus units? Eir on bonus is helpful!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So it’ll take the sloppiest of sloppy attacks on my defense to get tier 20. I ended up breaching tier 19 due to all offenses, save one, being -60 or successful defense.

This time around, I have had a successful defense and a -20. Turns out, the guy had a Faye built to withstand any ranged. Had like 40 def/res with guard bow, double distant defense. He forgot that Gunnthra’s tome adds to attack the debuffs and Faye had -9 to all stats thanks to Aversa. Gunnthra ate Faye and was danced to slaughter another unit and he quit on the spot.

Having six defense units is fun, fighting them is less fun in return.

I’ve also run into a surprising number of folks who built a defense fortress at rank 3, assuming they have their offense fortress rank 2.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I'm excited for the upcoming merge change. I don't have too many heroes left with a bad stat bane, but it's helpful. Especially for those free units. Neutral natured units don't benefit TOO much from the change but it's at least a boost to their arena score.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    I'm reasonably excited for the merge buff. It'll let me patch up a Brave Roy, Ishtar, and FemGrima, as well as get some meaningful stat increases on some of the neutral folk like Aversa.
    I'm still pretty bummed about the prices on the New Year's bundles, particularly compared to the original Black Knight set.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I haven't really touched the game since around halloween, and I started picking it up again around the winter holiday. I free rolled Christmas Fae, so I'm happy about that. Best green dragon. I see that I missed some stuff. Everyone is apparently lifting and presumably getting swole. I couldn't find the blessed gardens again, and I was a bit bummed out about that because that was gonna be my stash of orbs to mine while I was sitting around watching TV with the family after christmas stuff. Is it straight up gone or is it squirreled away behind some menu that I neglected to click on?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Blessed Gardens are still around, they're just listed under Story Maps in Multi-Map Battles. That said, the later gardens all require two to three teams of blessed allies to complete, so be prepared for that obnoxiousness.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Yay Heroes topic is back :P I'll have to update the OP with the new banner vids.

Merge change is super hype. It's actually going to be really nice for me since sometimes I fall into the trap of IV hunting for units I really like. This lowers the chance of fails considerably since now the -ATK and -SPD pulls aren't really detrimental as long as I can +1 the guy.

Side note, decided to start merging Est up. She's up to +8 so far. I'll post a screenshot when I get her to +10.

Oh also changed up my Aether Defense again. At first thought maybe I could out last the turn count with high DEF/RES armors and Pavises and such but I just kept losing every one. So changed it up and somehow seem to have stumbled on a good combo. At least the few matches so far have either been wins or many death loses for less lift loss.
    I haven't really touched the game since around halloween, and I started picking it up again around the winter holiday. I free rolled Christmas Fae, so I'm happy about that. Best green dragon. I see that I missed some stuff. Everyone is apparently lifting and presumably getting swole. I couldn't find the blessed gardens again, and I was a bit bummed out about that because that was gonna be my stash of orbs to mine while I was sitting around watching TV with the family after christmas stuff. Is it straight up gone or is it squirreled away behind some menu that I neglected to click on?

It's under Story Maps now under the "Multi-Map Battles" thing.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    So I just looked at the cash shop and thought: "Oh, they have bundles with some characters in it. Let's take a look at them. It was a pretty sweet deal a year ago when they had a bundle with Black Knigh..."

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I actually never bought the BK deal so it's still there for me to compare it with the new ones. You only get 12 orbs, potions, and Light's Blessings with BK, these new bundles are basically the same as the most expensive selection in the orb shop (same amount of orbs for the same price), you just get a character and some other stuff for "free" along with them.

homogenized on
  • Options
    But when all you care about is buying the character...

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I kind of want Fjorm, but I'm not gonna spend that much money on her. Are there characters I would spend $75 on? T-that's not important! She doesn't even come with Holy Grails! And if you're going to include feathers, at least throw in the full 20,000 for a 5-star upgrade!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    What are the merge changes? I went through the news and could not find it

So basically +1 removes the bane

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Orb flow has been good lately. Despite blowing a lot on hero fest to no avail, I'm back up to 280. Really want Tibarn, and it's likely the rest of the radiant Dawn banner will be attractive too. Let's just hope they don't pull a Lief and make an alt on the banner too.

My free ticket today got me a goddamn Siegbert. I hate that guy. Red pool is so bloated and bad, I've gotten 3 off banner Lukes and 2 Siegberts. Attack tactic isn't even rare anymore.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    mts wrote: »

Yeah basically this. They get +3/+4 in their bane stat when you +1 merge them to remove it entirely, or if they are neutral they get like +2 in their normal top two stats instead of only +1 IIRC. But yeah, effectively they will have a boon and no bane at +1 merge. This should be pretty huge for counteracting unlucky pulls

Edit: Ok, OP updated with all the latest rotations and banner videos and such. Also dang, I just realized... the calendar has Jan 10th marked as the "Special Orb Promo" which means these two $75 bundles aren't replacing the normal monthly promo. I'm actually curious what it will be now. Also dang, beast units one week away hype!

Edit 2: Oh, and so my predictions are written down, I'm calling the next banner (with the first two obviously being confirmed already):
    -Tibarn
    -Nailah
    -Ranulf
    -Leanne (if 4 unit banner)

I'm predicting it will be all beasts to bring the hype and whatnot, but if not, Haar and Jill are strong candidates to replace someone. Also Naesala GHB.

Edit 3: Ok, I am officially super pleased with this Aether Raid setup. Yesterday was only a -20 lift loss, today I got a win for no loss.
    drw90tgymhgr.png

I gave Surtr the boots so he surprises people with his 2 move, on top of having two dancers on hand who can help him get to the enemy lines quickly. There's also Lucina who can use her busted assist to gain another turn + buff herself, and Veronica provides some nice chip damage. Plus honestly Michiah is just so broken as a dancer. Red armor effectiveness is just so, so good in this meta.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

Yeah basically this. They get +3/+4 in their bane stat when you +1 merge them to remove it entirely, or if they are neutral they get like +2 in their normal top two stats instead of only +1 IIRC. But yeah, effectively they will have a boon and no bane at +1 merge. This should be pretty huge for counteracting unlucky pulls

Edit: Ok, OP updated with all the latest rotations and banner videos and such. Also dang, I just realized... the calendar has Jan 10th marked as the "Special Orb Promo" which means these two $75 bundles aren't replacing the normal monthly promo. I'm actually curious what it will be now. Also dang, beast units one week away hype!

Edit 2: Oh, and so my predictions are written down, I'm calling the next banner (with the first two obviously being confirmed already):
    -Tibarn
    -Nailah
    -Ranulf
    -Leanne (if 4 unit banner)

I'm predicting it will be all beasts to bring the hype and whatnot, but if not, Haar and Jill are strong candidates to replace someone. Also Naesala GHB.

Edit 3: Ok, I am officially super pleased with this Aether Raid setup. Yesterday was only a -20 lift loss, today I got a win for no loss.
    drw90tgymhgr.png

I gave Surtr the boots so he surprises people with his 2 move, on top of having two dancers on hand who can help him get to the enemy lines quickly. There's also Lucina who can use her busted assist to gain another turn + buff herself, and Veronica provides some nice chip damage. Plus honestly Michiah is just so broken as a dancer. Red armor effectiveness is just so, so good in this meta.

Nice!

For your defense, though maybe you won't need it, you might consider a raven tome baiting Veronica below your fortress, triggering your units to move first. I use my cavalry team nearly 100% of the time and my Cecilia is made for basically baiting Veronica or Brave Lyn to make the defense move first.

If you moved Veronica up a space, it requires everyone to potentially get into L!Lucina and Surtr range if they want to bait.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    To be honest, Veronica is more bait for them than anything (plus chip damage and buffs). My thinking is they'll see Veronica and try to setup a kill against her, not realizing Surtr and co. is actually super in range of them thanks to boots and dancing. The fountain at the bottom and top left are extra traps (since who the fuck cares, it doesn't do anything if you lose them... I dunno why the game doesn't try to get you to protect them...) since destroying the bottom one puts you in Veronica range and the top one puts you in Lucina or Micaiah range.

I recorded a video of some of my wins/near wins to show off. Tho I gotta wait until I'm back on wifi to upload, so sometime tonight I'll post it here. TBH the way to tackle this I think is to take the left side, which one guy did, but Lucina was still able to ruin his day with two kills :3 Ideally though they all get super trapped at the bottom with nowhere to run. In most of the runs I watched Surtr blocked off the hole they opened up by destroying the NY Feh statue (and just about everyone falls into the trap of hitting that lightning tile :P) so they kinda get squished down there without much way to get their guys out of my range.

The amusing thing is that Surtr is the only +10 here. Lucina and Veronica are like +6 and the rest are like +1/+2 ish.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I really wanted to put L!Lucina into my defenses due to general unpredictability, but am still having surprising success with the old horses in the upper right corner thing. My setup is:

Aversa – Axebreaker
    Flying Azura – WoM
    Gunnthra – No support, Her tome increases atk with target’s debuffs, many forget about the special tome
    L!Ephraim – Pass (Virtually every offense baits this guy and he usually survives Surtr and gets danced to pass through and kill supporting units)
    Veronica – No support
    Micaiah – Helps vs reds and cavalry/armor

If you ever end up against my defense, just look at who doesn’t have assists and B skills.

Warlock, it might be sleep deprivation (kids are sick), but it still seems like I could have success knocking out the lower fountain and setting Cecilia south of your fortress. Unless I'm missing something, nobody can be danced to kill her if I watch the range on your other units. Then she becomes a non-issue for a turn or two locked into the right side of the map?

One of the things I do enjoy about AR is figuring these things out. If I don't, then the escape ladder is my friend!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Ardor wrote: »
    I really wanted to put L!Lucina into my defenses due to general unpredictability, but am still having surprising success with the old horses in the upper right corner thing. My setup is:

Aversa – Axebreaker
    Flying Azura – WoM
    Gunnthra – No support, Her tome increases atk with target’s debuffs, many forget about the special tome
    L!Ephraim – Pass (Virtually every offense baits this guy and he usually survives Surtr and gets danced to pass through and kill supporting units)
    Veronica – No support
    Micaiah – Helps vs reds and cavalry/armor

If you ever end up against my defense, just look at who doesn’t have assists and B skills.

Warlock, it might be sleep deprivation (kids are sick), but it still seems like I could have success knocking out the lower fountain and setting Cecilia south of your fortress. Unless I'm missing something, nobody can be danced to kill her if I watch the range on your other units. Then she becomes a non-issue for a turn or two locked into the right side of the map?

One of the things I do enjoy about AR is figuring these things out. If I don't, then the escape ladder is my friend!

Well Veronica has dazzling so she won't take a retaliation from Cecilia (at least not that first turn). The trick is that you'll have activated my AI, which sets me up for kills on like, turn 2 and 3. Veronica doesn't really do the killing, she is bait (but she does help a bit). It's kinda hard to explain but once I upload the video maybe it'll make sense. You maybe could take it, I'm not too sure, but overall I'm just happy having some success with this setup for once :P Especially after my last attempt completely bombed hard (I tried to go super super defensive to see if I could wait out the turn limit but I just couldn't do it)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I managed to scrape into tier 19 by less than 20 points. The season reset is a big deal at the higher tiers, by the way - Talith was right on my tail and then dropped a ton.

I just have to share this defense I went up against, though. Good thing I had an escape rope.
    3WYlLEY.jpg?1

I don't even know where to even start with the level of rage here. I've clicked on the Ophelia so you can see the insta-nuke (she one shot my Res-boosted Surtr), but on top of it they all move wildly across the map due to Azura's new Grey Waves movement bonus, plus they all started turn 1 with their specials up (two infantry pulses).

Luckily I just got an Azura of my own, and will try to construct something similar. :evil:

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I feel like I faced the same or a super similar team. It had a turn 1 Ophelia special that caught me by surprise and just wrecked me. IIRC she killed my green dagger armor Kagero with like 41 res unbuffed (I think it's even higher with the fortress buffs). I had to use an escape rope on it.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i hve definitely run into that build on an ophelia

camo_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options

Fun to watch, glad it’s working out well for you!

That’s what you need to get into anything above T18 it seems.

• Options
    Did some HM farming and now she's done, yay:
    98u75bmdpuhm.png