As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I prefer the Twin 152mm for suicide boat defense, they have a slightly smaller AoE than the Triple 152mm but the AP rounds travel much faster than the Triple's HE

You can use whatever works for you, I just use the Triple 152mm because with QE buffing reload and all of my BBs having +2 secondary gun mounts nothing slips through the fire screen

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I really should start optimizing my fleets/equipment but man, that seems like a lot of work.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    I prefer the Twin 152mm for suicide boat defense, they have a slightly smaller AoE than the Triple 152mm but the AP rounds travel much faster than the Triple's HE

You can use whatever works for you, I just use the Triple 152mm because with QE buffing reload and all of my BBs having +2 secondary gun mounts nothing slips through the fire screen

They are pretty much on par when it comes to suicide boats. Triple 152 has slower moving ammo but more range so you start firing faster. When we get PR research the Triple 152mm Prototype is fantastic on BBs since it is an AP gun with the range of the HE guns. But you are probably going to want your first couple to be equipped on your actual CLs so that is more of a luxury thing once you have enough to go around which will take awhile or seeing if Tirpitz can solo the skill book daily by herself.

steam_sig.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Added a blurb on the Daily Raids.

Also the EN Twitter just spoiled Amagi. Event's going 10th through 31st.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Did a bunch of building, and got bunch of ships. One of which was Arizona. She makes me sad :( .

Getting AZ and some others finished a collection (Pearl's Tears), the reward for which was "Forgotten Memory". It doesn't appear to be an item, and I don't see any way to access whatever it is?

I also got: Ark Royal, Penn, AZ, Oklahoma, Kent... I think those were the only potentially notable ones.

With all that I can make two fleets of 6 though, which is nice.

I've also opened several boxes. I seem to get a lot of planes.
    Ark Royal for instance has three plane slots (two torp bombers, one dive bomber). She now has three purples, Nakajima B6N Tenzan, Barracuda, Fairey Fulmar.

At some point I got a 5-star Messershmitt Me-155a too. That's hanging out on Long Island.

Lots of other guns and stuff... still trying to figure out who can use what :) .

Forgotten Memories is a dorm furniture. Since you got some ships to level try grinding 1-4 Long Island and Repulse drop in there for some easy limit breaking and the twin 356mm is great starter BB gun for Arizona.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    Ark Royal is a solid carrier since she has two decent skills, one that adds on some torpedo bombers to air strikes that slow enemies (handy for helping other ships land hits) and one is the standard raid carrier (it's no Lucky E, but tbf Lucky E is one of a kind). I would however recommend using a different dive bomber than the Fulmar if you want to boost overall air strike damage on enemy ships. Strangely enough, the Fulmar is better at Anti-air than it is being a dive bomber - it only has 2 100lb bombs which is pitiful for a dive bomber loadout and a shitload of machineguns to use against other planes.

If you have the purple SB2C Helldiver or Ju-87C Stuka dive bombers, those are the best purple dive bombers you can get your hands on, and the BTD Devastator is the best gold dive bomber. In general those are the best 3 dive bombers (performance vaies depending on what enemies you're up against) with the SB2C Helldiver coming out on top most of the time due to it being farmable and and having the most consistent overall performance.

Pennsylvania is a pretty good starting BB compared to really mediocre ones such as Renown and Repulse. Arizona is a decent BB for new players as well although that's more because of her healing support than it is due to her offensive capabilities.

Orphane on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    So. Ayanami Retrofit is pretty good.
    ...desu.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Still cruising along. Chapter 3 is where things start to get hard for me.

I wrecked Chap 1 without any trouble, and Chap 2 wasn't that difficult. I start losing ships in Chap 3 :) .

I'm probably super under-leveled, so I've been making use of the 8000 xp Commission, running it over night. I've also been rotating ships into the dorm for the xp there.
    I've got 700 gems, so I guess I should unlock additional dorm space?

I discovered that I apparently don't have any 3* or better guns for cruisers (Vanguard non-Destroyers). At least not the primary gun, I've got some secondaries, but nothing for the primary. Only the default 1 and 2-stars show up when I go to equip them. I've even got the "show equipped" thing turned on.

I'd only been doing Heavy and Special construction, so I had very few Destroyers. I went ahead and made a few, and I do have Main guns for Destroyers.

I also made my first Repair ship (Vestal). Not sure what to do that, as I've been concentrating on offense. Healers are usually needed in other games like this, so I'm thinking I'll need that in the future.

I took my first look at retro-fitting as well. Not every ship can use that. Is there any rhyme or reason to which ships have retrofitting available?

Levels help a lot you deal 2% more damage and take 2% less damage for every level over your opponents up to a cap of like 40%. Get your stronger ships leveled and let them carry the rest of the fleet.

More dorm slots is a great use for your freebie gems. More exp and moral.

Not a lot of maps drop cruiser equipment blueprints till world 4. For now 3-2 and 3-4 drip good 4* equipment once you can clear them reliably.

Repair ships are mostly used for the +1 fleet ammo and 2 emergency repair kits they bring along. Their actual in combat healing skills aren't that great.

Remodels are way to hand out buffs and rebalance ships. Events usually come with lower rarity ship getting a remodel and if a ship's real life counterpart had a significant remodel like Fusou and Yamashiro becoming Aviation Battleships then you can expect the game to eventually copy those.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    Well

Akashi is actually really solid cause her skill heals the whole fleet and she gets a special equipment that boosts any in combat healing she does, so provided the fight lasts long enough for her skill to go off it can be pretty lifesaving when you take all the fights you get into into account

Vestal is not amazing but she's the only other repair ship and you'll get her way earlier than Akashi so you go to war with the soldiers you've got

For the lack of guns I would just say you want to get preferably gold and purple equip boxes because farming early stages for equipment bps is a bit of a crapshoot

Orphane on

there's the official confirmation in case all the ships weren't enough

7-4 has given me a cruel reminder that my Eagle Union CA clear fleet is no longer up to the task compared to my HMS CL fleet. It may be time for me to stop using the 10-hour commission for leveling weaker ships and start pushing hard for Lv100s.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Gold retrofit blueprints do not exist.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Gold retrofit blueprints do not exist.

Persistence is key

i usually get 1 a day from my daily hard modes, but then again I also try not to keep track too much and just check every now and then to see if i have enough to do a retrofit i want

It was pretty tough getting the destroyer BPs when i wanted to retrofit Ayanami right away, though

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    At least farming hard mode is very fast now

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited January 2019
    Dracil wrote: »
    At least farming hard mode is very fast now

Yeah half the reason I don't have gold BPs is cause I didn't want to spend like 200 oil per attempt. Mow I am down to 198 for all 6 and looking forward to 3 runs per day that drop 2 per run and the core data shop.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    JP Twitter and CN Weibo are teasing some sort of Warspite-related event coming up.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Could be a retrofit since the HMS Warspite was refitted several times.

steam_sig.png
    i'm sitting here over cap on oil and coins with more stockpiled in my canteen and merchant waiting for Crimson Echoes

at around 130 cubes so hopefully that's enough to get what I want, although Amagi is the only SSR you can realistically get from limited production this time around since Kaga BB doesn't have an upped rate and can be gotten from point exchange anyways

edited January 2019
    Amagi is the only ship that matters anyway from what I'm hearing. Powercreeped Hood that will also ruin PVP battles

Dracil on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I don't think PVP can get any worse when Enterprise already exists

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I don't think PVP can get any worse when Enterprise already exists

Akaga comps tend to be the main counter to just about anything that works on the "every 20 seconds" cycle since their accelerated first takeoff means their airstrikes dance to a completely different rhythm than everyone else.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited January 2019
    Belfast in turn can heavily reduce how effective Akaga is due to her smoke screen timer perfectly matching the preemptive strikes, which buys time for a normal backline to strike back- at least until Nagato appears and further buffs Akaga damage

Also while Amagi is probably going to be a very strong battle cruiser she does want 4 Sakura ships to perform optimally. She also has a different niche than Hood since afaik Hood's reload buff for the entire backline on barrage is still unique; Amagi raises the survivability of your team with her Utility and Defensive skills and her offensive skill is a barrage/preemptive strike for herself.

Orphane on
    edited January 2019
    Well, uh....

I got all of the buildable ships in 40 pulls, including Amagi and Kaga BB

o3inxwi3dvpy.gif

guess I can just cruise on pulls from now on!

EDIT:

Also this time around Hard does not award triple the points of Normal so don't feel like you're pressured to do Hard. Normal should still have the x3 points on first clear per day for each stage. Here's the table of points:

a2fqzjh9rke2.png

Orphane on
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UePMR3QlPqwEb3m0NYoxXRj7almIpFTqkaxqoY6nLtM/edit?usp=sharing

Handy event calculator someone on Reddit made to figure out how much you need to farm to buy everything you want in the shop.

Since this is the first time we get Event milestone reward don't forget to tap the "Crimson Fiesta" banner and collect your rewards every now and then.

Pro farming tip ship girl nodes can drop gold BP so can pop in the HM maps do fight fight just them and retreat from the map and farm useful gear like Twin 100mm or Triple 155mm at around 30 oil per attempt.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019

i was one of the ones who got the welcome back thing which was like 20k gold and 40 cubes (i was wondering why my cubes were still in ok shape after doing 4 10-pulls) but it's nice that they're giving everyone else some compensation

Orphane on
    OP updated with recent happenings. Busy with lots of stuff lately but I can still make time for my daily fifteen sorties. Also got 3-4 Hard down to 0 Danger so I can get six fast shots at CV Kaga and Akagi because I don't have them yet.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited January 2019
    EDIT:

Also this time around Hard does not award triple the points of Normal so don't feel like you're pressured to do Hard. Normal should still have the x3 points on first clear per day for each stage. Here's the table of points:

You can't fool me! I will continue to 3 star the last D node for the trophy.

But yeah doing daily runs on normal this time actually makes sense.

Dracil on
    EDIT:

The trophy is still there for e-peen and probably some comfort like the other ones, yeah

I was referring to event points, although I guess since there's a milestone event in addition to the exchange shop people aiming for everything from the milestones will want to do both Normal and Hard modes, and then do farming on Hard while clearing all the normal stages 1x daily due to the triple bonus

EDIT:

Don't even need to 3 star it for the trophy.

steam_sig.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Y’know the little pop up that appears when you turn on auto-battle before you start a battle?

I never paid attention to it before since I figured it was telling me to be careful, but it is the most adorable warning I’ve ever seen!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited January 2019
    I just wish we could turn off the notifications permanently. It's always an extra box to click. Same for the login notices. If I check the notified box, maybe stop notifying me? All the boxes add up, because you need to restart the game to refresh the pvp rankings, and every time I do it I have to go through a ton of screens just to get to the game, and then remember to turn on auto again and click the box.

Dracil on
    Axen wrote: »
    Y’know the little pop up that appears when you turn on auto-battle before you start a battle?

I never paid attention to it before since I figured it was telling me to be careful, but it is the most adorable warning I’ve ever seen!

the glowworm meme pic? it's great cause it has the To Be Continued meme with the torpedo incoming

Axen wrote: »

the glowworm meme pic? it's great cause it has the To Be Continued meme with the torpedo incoming

https://youtu.be/cPCLFtxpadE

steam_sig.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I like it when the battle ends and Prinz Eugen puts on the shades
    deal with it 8-)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    I like it when the battle ends and Prinz Eugen puts on the shades
    deal with it 8-)

Pair her up with Wichita, Cleveland, and Washington.

steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Well, damn. I'm not complaining about getting Hood and Amagi out of the limited build in one go.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Is it worth spending gems to expand the dock? I'm almost close to reaching 150 unique ships at the rate of building but 200 gems for 10 extra slots seem to be overpriced

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights