As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I love when dogs have the dopey side tongue thing going on.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh god, @bowen ... have I got some photos for you!

JW6UVFe.jpg

zC0PJTO.jpg

More here: https://imgur.com/a/agCnWHD

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want a Leonburger...

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    oh no the cuteness

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bodhi is a very good l o n g b o i indeed. He'll even let a sad loser like me just up and cuddle the heck out of him.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Gaston was fixed last week, so can't have excessive exercise. Needless to say he's been climbing the fucking walls. He actually had to be prescribed sedatives just to calm him down, because he's so desperate for activity that he'll just start dancing around just to move. Thankfully tomorrow he can have his cone off and presumably run around a bit more.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Gaston was fixed last week, so can't have excessive exercise. Needless to say he's been climbing the fucking walls. He actually had to be prescribed sedatives just to calm him down, because he's so desperate for activity that he'll just start dancing around just to move. Thankfully tomorrow he can have his cone off and presumably run around a bit more.

I cannot imagine what a good boy the size of Gaston gets up to when he’s not allowed to run! Poor thing. Hopefully the sedatives have resulted in some hilarious derpface!

SOON, GASTON. SOON!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    When that cone comes off, Gaston is going to tear the roof off that mother, literally

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Big bloody poop mess in the house when I came home yesterday. Vet today at 3:30. He seems fine otherwise but god I hate this stress.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Was the blood bright red, or darker?

Hard to tell, since it was kinda dry when I got home. I would say darker, but he also threw up some food so I don't want to take any chances. He's also not much of a scrounger, so I don't know what he might have gotten into.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Honestly it's entirely likely that he ate some bad stuff, had to poop, and strained too hard trying to get it all out and give himself an anal fissure. Enzo did that once. Dogs aren't smart.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Honestly it's entirely likely that he ate some bad stuff, had to poop, and strained too hard trying to get it all out and give himself an anal fissure. Enzo did that once. Dogs aren't smart.

Hell, I've done that and I'm smarter than at least 30% of dogs.

Speaking of our pets' butts the other day I scooped up Bruce around the middle and he farted so loud that startled himself and ran off to hide. I love this ridiculous cat so much.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh deer, it happened again.
    s7c275zkbcsh.jpg
    6105dz6t1hcb.jpg
    Even the photographer was impressed with the perfect attention she gave the squeaker. Much easier than the two cats they were trying to wrangle to look at the camera when we got there.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Vet said Atrus seemed ok and so we just put him on a dewormer just in case and a prescription wet food diet for a few days.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    My cat Gracie has been acting oddly. She's been trying to pee outside of her litterbox which she never does. She's really getting up there in age so my wife and I were both pretty worried. We change her little regularly so we weren't sure of the cause. Took her to the vet today and it looks like she has a UTI along with some issues from that. Sucks, but it could have been worse. I'm just glad she's going to get better.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    my tortie is fully sprawled out on my legs (looooongcat) asleep and dreaming. her feet were twitching a bit -- wonder if she was chasing her tail...
    (old draft)

so i still never got that stray into the carrier.
    i know the responsible thing to do would be to call animal control so they can grab her, get her treated for whatever she's got, and then dump her back in the area. but i'm pre-emptively guilty about it because she'd be traumatized, and maybe they'd have to put her down, and she'd end up on the street again anyway (yeah i know)

and maybe i can work my way up to being brave and calling, but in the meantime, i've assuaged some of my years-long guilt and set up a little winter shelter. got a small heavy plastic doghouse, sealed some potentially leaky bits, debated but ultimately put in the fleecy heat-reflective blanket, hoping the straw will absorb any moisture brought in. put a couple bricks in the door as a windbreak and to discourage larger animals, aiming it into a corner for the same reasons; placed the entire thing on top of some thick pavers and a layer of rubber. for Tejas, that should hopefully be sufficient.

being a cat she will probably ignore it entirely. (her reaction to the carrier doesn't bode well for other plastic enclosures, but i had to try.) if it gets her off the porch or little dirt patch she's been curling up on, i'll be pleased.

i don't want to be responsible for this animal, but i can't help caring.

i also have a lifetime's supply of 3/4 x 1/8" foam weatherstrip tape -- couldn't find it locally, and the smallest amount i could get online was 80 feet.

i have used a different pet sitter every year we've been here, so i'm hoping this is the year we find one who is reliable, communicative, and does the things we agree to, and doesn't move across the country in the interim.
    i'm stressing out because we were supposed to do the meet and greet last Sunday, but her mom died that morning. which is obviously horrible for her, so after saying it was fine to reschedule, i waited to let her contact me for that when she was ready -- which we arranged for today. we're supposed to leave Thursday, so i am turbo-fucked if she decides to not take us as clients. i don't know what would prompt that decision, but there's anxiety for you, it requires no logic.

the beau is pet-sitting for a coworker of his this week, who offered in kind, so i guess i have that as a backup. but our place is in a constant state of untidiness that stresses me out, and i can at least feel less anxious/embarrassed at having in a professional who is getting paid well to ignore it. ...i am nonetheless tidying what i can and will eventually hit a point of self-preservation where i just let jesus take the wheel.

on a less my-brain-is-a-jerk note, i did order the cats a new toy that i've had earmarked for a while -- they love the banana from the same brand. their catnip is potent.
    514fan2pxEL.jpg
    it's a Pollock...
    watching them collectively lose their minds was a good time last night.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    My cat Gracie has been acting oddly. She's been trying to pee outside of her litterbox which she never does. She's really getting up there in age so my wife and I were both pretty worried. We change her little regularly so we weren't sure of the cause. Took her to the vet today and it looks like she has a UTI along with some issues from that. Sucks, but it could have been worse. I'm just glad she's going to get better.

I should correct that by saying my wife and her mother brought her to the vet while I was at work. She's been glued to me ever since I got home. I wasn't at the vet when she had her blood taken or when she had her ultrasound so it's like I'm her safe haven.

ZbzewkG.jpg

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I have decided that my fat dog looks like onigiri with legs:
    Shes not actually fat, shes just big furred

sqfqsio46365.jpg
    rice-balls-2031330-26-5b3fd34346e0fb00376633fa.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    I'm back in Australia and this idiot hasn't left my side for more than a minute

oafjz31awwb8.jpg

except to go and retrieve his teddy bear, because he's still totally committed to carrying a stuffed animal with him everywhere he goes.
    It's a trait that occupies that middle ground between cute and worrying.

his current favourite trick is to stand at the door asking to be let in, holding the bear in his mouth
    then I open the door, he puts the bear down, enters, turns around, and squeaks at me until I go out and pick up the bear and bring it in for him. Then he takes it to the living room.

I have no idea why he cannot cross the threshold while holding a bear in his mouth.

tynic on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I'm back in Australia and this idiot hasn't left my side for more than a minute

oafjz31awwb8.jpg

except to go and retrieve his teddy bear, because he's still totally committed to carrying a stuffed animal with him everywhere he goes.
    It's a trait that occupies that middle ground between cute and worrying.

his current favourite trick is to stand at the door asking to be let in, holding the bear in his mouth
    then I open the door, he puts the bear down, enters, turns around, and squeaks at me until I go out and pick up the bear and bring it in for him. Then he takes it to the living room.

I have no idea why he cannot cross the threshold while holding a bear in his mouth.

it's not polite to mention that wizard's curse

• Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Does your dog keep the bear away from things like garlic and crosses?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother went to go check where the dogs were the other day
    3neww2n8kcll.png
    My dog rolled out of the covers stared at him and crawled back into the mess to go back to sleep

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I call this one "helping with the decorations"

0wsfray7bjbz.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    Uschi's hatred of dreadlocks is becoming a problem. This morning while walking we met a guy with a moderately complicated hairstyle, and he got extremely defensive and barky, and when the guy knelt down to try and make friends, he was baring his teeth (which is very unusual for a Berner).

Got to figure out a way to desensitise him. Current plan is to buy an assortment of wigs.

edit: To complete the picture, he was also carrying a grunty toy pig the whole time, so it was embarrassing on two fronts.

tynic on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    I'll rock a dreadlock wig and make Uschi love me.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    After about 4 years of being a dog it finally clicked and Dexter has (mostly) figured out fetch!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeiO15FlkBI

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the joyful dog prance is the best

BahamutZERO.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Uschi's hatred of dreadlocks is becoming a problem. This morning while walking we met a guy with a moderately complicated hairstyle, and he got extremely defensive and barky, and when the guy knelt down to try and make friends, he was baring his teeth (which is very unusual for a Berner).

Got to figure out a way to desensitise him. Current plan is to buy an assortment of wigs.

edit: To complete the picture, he was also carrying a grunty toy pig the whole time, so it was embarrassing on two fronts.

There is as always a king of the hill episode about this.

The solution is to fix your water heater yourself

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Dexter is so excited about that ball

The "bring it back" part is where Haechi struggles, deeply, still... At 9.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So between all of the people living at my house we adopted not one but two cats this year.

First one was during the summer where we took in a young semi-stray grey kitten. Her owner named her Medeina but we call her "Beana" except when she's in trouble.

Got her looked at, got her shots and everything. Now she's the comfiest brat cat.

Then towards the end of october this guy started hanging around our porch all the time.

And, like, we assumed he belonged to someone. He was super friendly and personable and we figured he'd eventually go back to where he came from, as cats tend to do.

Except he stayed. For like a week, it started getting really cold and we started asking around if anyone knew him. Nobody seemed to.

So we welcomed him inside the house and now he steals my chair.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    I finally dumped my phone pictures so here's a good dog

hrgc1xnzybse.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    If I didn't already know that all dogs are Good Dogs, I'd be very suspicious of that particular devil dog.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Gaston is having a blast.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    There's nothing quite like a good galumph.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    tube have you invented lyrics for the gaston song from beauty and the beast to apply it to your dog yet

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    There are like seventeen existing versions

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    There are like seventeen existing versions

I fully expect your next album to be entirely about your dog.