As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Ultra-Delux Compact Model Classiness Gifts! [SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Just received an adorable Christmas card from @Ilpala - my wife laughed when she noticed what was in the snow globe on the front. Thank you.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Glad it got there in time!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ours just arrived from @AngelHedgie !

RimDv5hl.jpg

A dreamcatcher, noice shots of Montana and a lovely card. Hope your move goes good. <3

Oh brilliant
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Look out ur bein stalked

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    My last bit of the @Nova_C barrage showed up! Thank you so much for all of it!

inxwloTl.jpg

Hi1KLEKl.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ok here's what @bloodyroarxx so kindly sent me!!

6X0kvaTl.jpg

Some really cute and soft leggings, a ton of Canadian candy, and some super adorable Kitty oven mitts!!

Not pictured: a super cute collar for my cat, because she's wearing it and she's mad at me for putting it on her and won't hold still

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ok here's what bloodyroarxx so kindly sent me!!

6X0kvaTl.jpg

Some really cute and soft leggings, a ton of Canadian candy, and some super adorable Kitty oven mitts!!

Not pictured: a super cute collar for my cat, because she's wearing it and she's mad at me for putting it on her and won't hold still

Also not pictured!!!!! HORIZON ZERO DAWN!!!! Which I'm SO EXCITED to play! Pinecone went out to go get a TV for our room so we can move the PlayStation upstairs for it tonight :D

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And we received a wonderful package from @Element Brian, with a copy of Overcooked 2 for the Switch and some delicious thumbprint cookies. Thank you!

(I have a picture of the loot - I'll have it up later.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Thank again @Ludious just got the second package

a Reinhardt Funko

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Thank again @Ludious just got the second package

a Reinhardt Funko

"I have said things in the past" ~Reinhardt the overwatch.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I just have to tell @So It Goes that Paper Girls is super cool
    Hard Oof at them seeing the Hillary election sign tho

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Lady Raven got me three volumes of Paper Girls too! It's rull good, not what I expected at all, burned through em already, gonna grab the rest asap!

Vol.3 spoils
    I wonder if Future Erin is a guarantee or not. Can stuff be rewritten or is this all fixed?

The scar implies that she did all this too and just forgot/got mind wiped or something, I guess?

Also suspicious of Wari maybe being related to her too. They're drawn kinda similarly.

Oh brilliant
    Hmm it appears my gift has been lost in the mail and needs to be resent. Should I notify my Santee directly?

I like to ART
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I got a card! From @21stCentury who probably drew it, too! It is much nicer than the one I sent and I demand- demand- to know how it was produced.

nfp5dkufzqwp.jpg
    dadrua5hxnge.jpg

It features both No Man's Sky and a space pun, two of my favorite things and I like it very much.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hey, glad you got the card this year, @Surfpossum !! Seems like the canadian mail strike didn't slow it too much!

I just whipped it out by drawing a card outside and card inside as separate pictures, then i went to the local Pharmacy website, of all places. They can print single custom greeting cards within a week for a really low price. I was really surprised that the local pharmacy chain was the best way to make custom cards and i'm definitely gonna use that knowledge a lot from now on!

I got your card, @Surfpossum !!

9jpb1ffdi27y.jpeg
    (Hopefully it’s not hyuj)

How did you know i liked Steven Universe????

For real though, thanks for the Uber thoughtful card. It’s absolutely lovely. <3

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Hooray, you got it!

(I apologize for misspelling your name, btw; I think there was a typo in the PM I got and instead of asking I googled it and found that apparently that version is also a name? and took a gamble.)

haha, didn't notice the typo until you mentioned it. brains are weird, huh? but yeah, it's the classic spelling i have.

Oh hey @Ludious did that second card make it to you

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Oh hey @Ludious did that second card make it to you

Yes it did and it is still unopened because I do not like to half heartedly open things from friends! TL;DR I ran out of vyvanse and am between doctors and a hundred small things makes everything very hard and I will soon I promise.

edited January 2019
    Ludious wrote: »
    Oh hey Ludious did that second card make it to you

Yes it did and it is still unopened because I do not like to half heartedly open things from friends! TL;DR I ran out of vyvanse and am between doctors and a hundred small things makes everything very hard and I will soon I promise.

Oh !! No pressure at all :) just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost, there's nothing time sensitive inside

Blameless Cleric on

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    It turns out my secret Santa was @spool32 !

He did his damnedest to give me a series of clues each more fiendish than the last - however, the clues fell apart when the staff of a certain coffee shop were completely unreliable in delivering messages.

The effort is very much appreciated! I enjoyed codebreaking his cipher, and the gifts he sent are pretty stellar.

No photos, because two of them are digital, Hollow Knight (Which is baller extreme) and Hyper Light Drifter (Which I haven't played yet) on Steam, a gift certificate to said coffee shop, and at some point traveling between Spool and me is a physical copy of The Sprawl! It's a cyberpunk RPG system that I love, and the physical book is hard to find up here.

Thank you so much for the gifts, Spool!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So glad you liked the things!

In that digital zipfile are some extra play sheets that didn't appear to be in the printed version... also it's the "midnight" edition, white letters on dark blue/black. I thought it would be more edgy for a cyberpunk game... :)

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I've been busy with a lot of things lately, but I did eventually get my Secret Santa gift! It's a bunch of Monster Hunter posters, but done in a bold travel agency "Travel to New Exciting Locations" style. :D I'll post a pic when I can.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Y65lVYNl.jpg

Go to exotic locations.
    Meet exciting new monsters.
    And stab them!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I hope you like them Hansoo!

I like to ART
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe that makes it a clean sweep for SS this year. Good job, everyone. This thread is a source of happiness, community spirit and joy every Christmas, so pat yourselves on the back.

And then give an extra big, heavy pat on the back to RMS Oceanic, who organises the whole thing every year.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    You're most welcome Bogart, and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. See y'all in October!

Or in [chat], I'm in [chat] a lot.

O on

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    O on

Hmm....this is extremely cryptic. It'll take me a while to translate. Anyone want to help out? We'll crack your code @spool32 !

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    i love arm

The plot thickens. I didn't realize @spool32 had an accomplice. Will take this new data into account.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    PAX pocket posting???!!!? Haha whoops....

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i missed out on this because I was too sick to participate. It warms my heart to see that everyone gifted and that there weren't any grinches.

edited January 2019
    This isn't chat!

Blameless Cleric on

LATE HIT, LATE HIT!!

I just got back from PAX and went to collect my Amazon subscription, and the concierge handed me a package they'd missed during the Christmas deluge! Inside is a ton of spice and seasoning I need!!

CPkp1W5l.jpg

Thank you secret santa! I never found out who you were!

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Yay! I was really worried it had gotten sidelined or something, and since I didn't fancy dinner, I didn't run into you at PAX. I'm so glad you got it! I'm so dumb for forgetting to put in a note!
    But really, I couldn't send a local cookbook and not send you some spices to do the cooking.
    *checks "second santa box" off worry list*

N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Yay! I was really worried it had gotten sidelined or something, and since I didn't fancy dinner, I didn't run into you at PAX. I'm so glad you got it! I'm so dumb for forgetting to put in a note!
    But really, I couldn't send a local cookbook and not send you some spices to do the cooking.
    I don't see any beans there to put into chili, though... :thinkmoji:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

beans aren't spices, they're just the key ingredient.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Or filé and okra to put in gumbo

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades