As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I just saw a vid of a healerless fury bahamut, where a Galuf staggered his invincibility USB until 90 seconds into the fight, where apparently the boss only spams an osmose and a gravity spell that never kills. Galuf seemed to be the only unique thing about the comp, the rest was just a standard physical dark chain build, with an emphasis on BSSs obviously.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Leeks wrote: »
    33 draw was solid, but nothing so notable I can list it off right now.

Decided to try the lucky despite having 11 items, and really only wanting TGCid USB, CloudUSB2, or Elarra USB.
    2/11 dupe Bartz wind BSB, TGCid USB!

Already had LMR for Cid, so he got an immediate dive, and will likely heavily feature in my soon to be first Siren clear, and possibly Hades too. Still figuring out the rest of the team to have enough damage at the end for Siren, last night was my first real attempt.

I've had runs where Riku and Seymour went down, and Orlandeau with his USB/LMR under a G1 chain did enough damage to clear Siren from 50%.

What abilities and hones do you give to Orlandeau? I probably still need to work on hones, I've never used physical darkness.

With a chain, his USB, and two +dark relics, Orlandeau easily caps Dread Weapon, which is preferable since it lessens the healing required, especially if your healer gets silenced. I gave him two R4 Dread Weapons and he does fine, though I could have gotten away with two R3s.

On my Siren team, Orlando does two lifesiphons with Ace Striker then instant USB into dread weapon. Rest of the team is Seifer chain plus sanguine cross, edge ssb, Riku arcane with reaping scythe, plus any old healer.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Eh I dread that Hades fight. No USBs only BSBs for me. At least Siren is consistently getting killed at the 55 sec mark so that's something. I know, the lucky draw has Cid's USB but eh...so many dupes.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Hades actually isn't THAT hard outside of two things: the status effects and the dispel at 50%. Start slow, bring Astra.

Jragghen on
    Got D$$$ ahriman to 56% on my first try. First one of those I've bothered to get on the scoreboard for, though there are definitely some others I should be able to make some progress on. And my execution was bad, I should be able to make it farther.

Team was Aria USB, cougar USB, onion burst, luneth burst, arc USB (the offense one, which does a LOT of work).

Surprised CoD USB did that much work given it's AoE focused.

Yeah, cougar is pretty limp, but you go to war with the army you have. It does buff onion's damage, in addition to providing a dark aura and tacking on an extra hit.

Team would be way better with sage USB, arc and Aria could really use the additional mind buff.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just do whatever you need to do to kill Hades once no matter how long it takes. I haven't needed any of those magicites on anything. I think I've only cleared him 3 times.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Yeah, that's the crappy thing about Shadow Damage huh? I mean the only place where I see Holy Damage is important is in the FFT and FF1 Torments.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    In theory its useful for Holy Magicite, but in practice you just use mage or warrior sephiroth.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    In theory its useful for Holy Magicite, but in practice you just use mage or warrior sephiroth.

Hades is useful for Last Stand strategies since Evrae is of minimal value there.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Zombie Dragon sucks, but Hades’ problems can be mitigated. And Necrophobe is nice to have.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's the perfect time to be clearing out Realm Dungeons, what with them half price until the 16th. I've finally got enough energy to where I can beat on them enough to knock out five stamina shards before I need to recharge, and then since the refill counts as a full heal of exactly how much energy it would take to completely fill the bar... I'm trying to finish the normal ones before the discount closes.

I'm also planning on some quality time with my spreadsheet software to finally lay out who has what and to maybe not go drawing willy-nilly so I don't get skunked on a draw.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    oh! got Cid (FF14) BSB from the Daily! Man I should really pull on that realm banner one of these days.

Hades is useful for Last Stand strategies since Evrae is of minimal value there.

Can't you just let me pretend that Edge SSB doesn't exist instead of face the hard reality that the game is designed to have it and I can't?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular

Decided to try the lucky despite having 11 items, and really only wanting TGCid USB, CloudUSB2, or Elarra USB.

Already had LMR for Cid, so he got an immediate dive, and will likely heavily feature in my soon to be first Siren clear, and possibly Hades too. Still figuring out the rest of the team to have enough damage at the end for Siren, last night was my first real attempt.

I've had runs where Riku and Seymour went down, and Orlandeau with his USB/LMR under a G1 chain did enough damage to clear Siren from 50%.

What abilities and hones do you give to Orlandeau? I probably still need to work on hones, I've never used physical darkness.

With a chain, his USB, and two +dark relics, Orlandeau easily caps Dread Weapon, which is preferable since it lessens the healing required, especially if your healer gets silenced. I gave him two R4 Dread Weapons and he does fine, though I could have gotten away with two R3s.

Oh man I've been trying to do this with Garland gen 1 chain, completely forgot I have Seifers chain too. Better chain is probably worth losing Garland USB even with nothing else of note for Seifer. His chain lets me potentially drop onion for someone that can do more damage. Maybe keep Garland with USB/OSB instead of using his chain.

I came really close in my only attempt last night, and know I made a few mistakes. I'm sure I'll take her the next time I have a chance to try.

edited January 2019
    I wish I had Seifer's Chain. He has some pretty useful stuff! His USB (InstaCast on Party) actually helps a lot on the DPS front and he has Radiant Shield for his BSB. Edit: And his SSB is a guetto Boostga!. Also he can Dispel shit. What I'm saying is, MAN I wish had Seifer's Chain because I loooooooove using him whenever I get a chance.

lionheart_m on
    edited January 2019

Can't you just let me pretend that Edge SSB doesn't exist instead of face the hard reality that the game is designed to have it and I can't?

I don’t have it. Have regardless cleared all the magicites I’ve yet fought (eventually). It more so just enables a really unorthodox strategy that is particularly useful against certain fights.

I feel like the only relic that the game truly became designed around was Sentinel’s Grimoire; everything else has workarounds (depending on what other stuff you have and can get). I sometimes despair at my lack of Elarra’s Ultra (particularly when I look for Magicite advice and everyone’s using her as an integral part of their strategy), but have found each time that it wasn’t as much of a wall as it looked.

Enlong on
    Heh, well that's a good way to put it. I've also cleared all the D??? torments and Magcities I've fought. ^_^

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited January 2019
    Okay, I walked into that one. Still.

Enlong on

Oh man I've been trying to do this with Garland gen 1 chain, completely forgot I have Seifers chain too. Better chain is probably worth losing Garland USB even with nothing else of note for Seifer. His chain lets me potentially drop onion for someone that can do more damage. Maybe keep Garland with USB/OSB instead of using his chain.

I came really close in my only attempt last night, and know I made a few mistakes. I'm sure I'll take her the next time I have a chance to try.

If you happen to have Ignis BSB, you can try silly solo DPS with Garland, two other entrusters, and a healer. Give Garland 100% crit chance and bonus crit damage, turn on USB for dark aura and quick cast, then cast his chain a bunch for damage. Avoids that pesky counter heal.

No Ignis BSB, but I think I have a pretty solid plan, just need tome time to actually try it. Still feel dumb for forgetting about the Seifer chain.

Daily hit:. The Yda super I didn't have.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So I'm finally making my spreadsheet. I'm thinking of listing characters by game, and including things like levels, element, LMR, and breaks. Is there anything else I should include? I know this sounds stupid, but I want to make it the right way the first time instead of having to redo it again and again...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Note to self: AOE damage is a BAD IDEA for Infernal Ifrit’s nail phases. As I would know if I’d ever actually fought Ifrit Extreme in FFXIV.

—————

I like the idea of that fight; much like with Kaiser Dragon, they really put in the work to make Ifrit’s mechanics work in the format of FFRK.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Leila bsb dupe on the daily draw. Vaulting for later I suppose.

JaysonFour wrote: »
    So I'm finally making my spreadsheet. I'm thinking of listing characters by game, and including things like levels, element, LMR, and breaks. Is there anything else I should include? I know this sounds stupid, but I want to make it the right way the first time instead of having to redo it again and again...

Here's my insanity if you want to go over the top. I'm SUPER behind on RMs, and a bit on LMs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RdPYRJY9Bibva6FE8RGmMkXTfSWM75ZTArBSg9p3G3g/edit?usp=drivesdk

Abilities and legend dive tabs are my most used.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to try Infernal Ifrit MP?

Is that the gold one?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited January 2019
    Took another crack at D$$$ Ahriman, pushed it to 70%.

After several tries, I was able to limp past 80% on D$$$ Ultima Weapon due to Yda's absurd tankiness. She can't tank Incubus Ultima though, womp womp.

Current team is
    Minfilia SSB + Glint, Magic Breakdown, Healing Smite, Mako Might
    Yda BSB+USB, Fires Within, Fire Ironfist
    Yshtola BSB, Hastega, Holy (too optimistic, I guess), Dr. Mog's
    Cid XIV USB, fire machinist stuff
    Papalymo LMR+Glint+BSB+OSB, Protectga, Chain Firaja

active magicite: Phoenix at the moment
    everyone has fire+earth resist accessories
    passive magicite includes a bunch of resist wind and general defensive goodies, plus some fire offense and an Evrae

Right now I have to have Minfilia use her SSB on turn 1 so that she and Papalymo can survive the opening salvo, since Yshtola can't get off Hastega -> Asylum in time. The alternative that I might try next would be subbing Alphinaud SSB in for Minfilia; he can Hastega turn 1, so Yshtola can just Asylum right away. Not sure whether it'd be better to give him Curada or a summon in his other slot.

The other other option is I can put Thancred in for Papalymo; I have his Bio + Blink burst, and his imperil earth burst, and he can carry the fire thief lifedrain thing to keep himself at a good HP.

Fry on

I might be on the discord later to give it an honest try.

Enlong wrote: »

I might be on the discord later to give it an honest try.

Sweet. I don't know if solo is possible without Godwall.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Whew, after a lot of tries I've finally cleared Belias. Took me about 45 seconds with:

Larsa: USB Ultra Cure/Protectga TGM
    Alph: SSB Lunar Leviathan/Ogopogo DMT
    Lulu: USB2/AOSB Vortech/Chain Waterja Scholar's
    Eiko: USB Curada/Hastega Ace striker
    Tidus: CSB Power Break/Sapphire Blitz MM

Magicite: Kraken

Legend dives on everyone but Larsa, though Lulu's didn't do much here (I kinda hoped dualcast Ice would also work on Vortech).

I kept trying variations with OK(BSB) and Rydia(BSB2) before, but my dps wasn't high enough to go without a second healer.

Also did some tries on Geo, but doing that without Quetz, Elarra or Onion mUSB and with only Kain Chain really didn't work out. I should be able to manage it if I ever beat Quetz though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Siren down in 35 seconds last night. It should be easily repeatable, I never felt like I was in danger, even with a couple input mistakes.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Note to self: AOE damage is a BAD IDEA for Infernal Ifrit’s nail phases. As I would know if I’d ever actually fought Ifrit Extreme in FFXIV.

—————

I like the idea of that fight; much like with Kaiser Dragon, they really put in the work to make Ifrit’s mechanics work in the format of FFRK.

Oh does it keep the nail burst mechanic that discourages from killing too many nails too close to each other?

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Did it in 40sec on my second try with a couple less mistakes made, quite a stable clear too as long as I don't eat any crits in his first 3 turns.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Ilpala wrote: »

—————

Oh does it keep the nail burst mechanic that discourages from killing too many nails too close to each other?

Yep. Kill one and it hits the whole party with Decaying Flame. It’s hard enough surviving just one at a time.

yay fun realm team for D240 Torment. Went with Ashe AOSB+BSB, Shantotto CSB+BSB, Arc SSB, Elarra Allegro+USB and CoD USB. Ahriman died in 20 secs. Allegro+USB+CSB is ridiculous for fast cast.

Boom, got 'im!
    4Bhg3N2l.jpg

Key was realizing that the problem was dealing with the Tank Purges and the stuff that hits right after them. For some reason I had it in my head that Slot 2 took the most abuse, so I had had Yda stationed there, but in the parts where I was having trouble, Slot 4 was the one getting beat up. So I put her royal tankiness there, and things worked out!

Team:
    Papa: Shellga, Chain Firaja R4 (overkill), LMR+Glint+BSB+OSB, much weakness damage
    Cid: fire machinist stuff (emptied out a R4 Burnt Offering), USB, much gun damage
    Yshtola: Protectga, Holy, BSB, Mako Might
    Yda: Fires Within R4, Fire Ironfist R4 (pretty much emptied both of them), BSB+USB, much fist damage
    Alphinaud: Hastega, Curada, SSB+BSB, Dr. Mog's
    Magicite: Unicorn active (cure Sap, clutch Cura/Curaja), general defense, wind resist, fire offense, Evrae

Well, I’m not going to kill Ifrit solo. But I made it to the final Nail phase solo, so I’m going to call that a personal victory and move on.

This discussion has been closed.