As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa Twenty Eighteen!

124»

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Woooooo!

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Pictures! Sorry for the delay in this but between the USPS and my shitty internet it's been a bear getting online lately that lets me post pictures. I should have had this posted a couple weeks ago.

Anyways, @ArcSyn freakin' nailed it with the gifts this year. Between the hotsauce, Sushi Go and finally the Genesys expansion Realms of Terrinoth (along with more dice!) It was a pretty great Christmas! I've already taken a lot out of the book for my current campaign. Sadly the Hotsauce that I posted about earlier is already gone. It's so good.

v8401cg0ufpo.jpg

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Glad you enjoy them!
    Sushi Go Party is a huge hit with my family and extended family and friends. My cards are already pretty beat up, I'm considering sleeving them. Try out a bunch of the different combos they suggest. Game can play wildly differently.

I know custom dice are irritating. Using one set of FFG dice for the Star Wars RPG was ridiculous until we got 2 more sets, so hopefully this will make it more bearable on game night.

Not too familiar with Genesys or Terrinoth, but glad you mentioned it. Source books for anything not D&D I find really helpful since there's usually less lore and community content to pull from.

Also, as a fellow hot sauce lover, I will need to try that one out. I was glad to beat you ordering it when I saw you talking about being almost out. Thread stalking is fun.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Glad you enjoy them!
    Sushi Go Party is a huge hit with my family and extended family and friends. My cards are already pretty beat up, I'm considering sleeving them. Try out a bunch of the different combos they suggest. Game can play wildly differently.

I know custom dice are irritating. Using one set of FFG dice for the Star Wars RPG was ridiculous until we got 2 more sets, so hopefully this will make it more bearable on game night.

Not too familiar with Genesys or Terrinoth, but glad you mentioned it. Source books for anything not D&D I find really helpful since there's usually less lore and community content to pull from.

Also, as a fellow hot sauce lover, I will need to try that one out. I was glad to beat you ordering it when I saw you talking about being almost out. Thread stalking is fun.

Hahaha when I got that sauce I was like "FUCK YEA". I think I used it that night.

If you have any interest in running something that isn't D&D I highly recommend Genesys. The main rule book is pretty much a framework on how to run a game without any setting related info (Beyond some very generic stuff). Terrinoth is a setting you can drape over that framework. I'm running a Fantasy D&Desque Pirates of the Caribbean game and was making it all from scratch. With Terrinoth it's great to have a whole settings worth of material to crib from that is specifically tailored to the Genesys rules.

Also I had 2 sets of dice already, yours makes three and I'm thinking of picking up a 4th set. I think that's the right amount of dice so everyone at the table can reach some (I'm not making my players buy custom dice).

webguy20 on
  • Options
    We had 3 sets (of the SW version) with 5 players+DM so you might find it's enough. While trying Genesys would be neat, it's just so inconvenient requiring custom dice. Especially when I already own a dozen sets of standard dice, in much higher quality components/manufacturing.

Playing a loosely related pirates of the Caribbean theme sounds awesome though! Never done a pirates/seafaring RPG.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    We had 3 sets (of the SW version) with 5 players+DM so you might find it's enough. While trying Genesys would be neat, it's just so inconvenient requiring custom dice. Especially when I already own a dozen sets of standard dice, in much higher quality components/manufacturing.

Playing a loosely related pirates of the Caribbean theme sounds awesome though! Never done a pirates/seafaring RPG.

One benefit? Is that the Genesys rule book gives a decoding block to use standard dice with the system. At least they aren't weird shapes.

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... you do know that Genesys IS the FFG SW system right? Like... the dice are are identical, just with the copy-written symbols swapped out for SLIGHTLY different ones.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    I had wondered as such. Hadn't looked into it to see it they changed anything though.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Good work everyone, Xmas has been saved for another year!
    I don't think I got round to personally thanking @Green for my appreciated gifts in the Holiday Hangout, but thanks very much!

• Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    9DxtKmH.gif

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply, life threw me a couple of curveballs after Christmas.

ddpcvtv5rq4y.jpg

Thanks a lot @crimsoncoyote ! This is perfect to start out my Orks kill team and my playgroup has been struggling a bit with getting enough terrain so this was a perfect gift. Now to dig out that bitz box and get converting! Expect pictures in the miniature painting thread.

The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Thank you again @SmokeStacks for the Magic Boosters Box and the Bag to put my decks in. It was a very thoughtful and kind gift!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Thank you again @SmokeStacks for the Magic Boosters Box and the Bag to put my decks in. It was a very thoughtful and kind gift!!

No problem, I had another gift plan in action but it didn't work out, so I'm glad that one will be useful to you.

Also, @It Burns, that set has a pretty hilarious set of strategems that use the cranes, the one called "joyride" has led to some great moments in some Killteam games in my meta.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    It Burns wrote: »
    9DxtKmH.gif

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply, life threw me a couple of curveballs after Christmas.

ddpcvtv5rq4y.jpg

Thanks a lot crimsoncoyote ! This is perfect to start out my Orks kill team and my playgroup has been struggling a bit with getting enough terrain so this was a perfect gift. Now to dig out that bitz box and get converting! Expect pictures in the miniature painting thread.
    Hooray! So happy it got there, eventually. Sorry for that whole saga.

(I had to order 3 times. First was my fault because I got the address mixed up a bit, second the seller canceled my order because they didn't trust I verified the address, and the third they didn't provide any tracking so I was worrying about it getting there the whole time)

• Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    Well done, everyone!

Happy Holidays!

santasig.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Did we finish the gift chain?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Chain is definitely done. Are there any outstanding gifts/pictures that we're waiting for?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    NM. Wrong thread!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page