As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Frem wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Worse, you don't need to expose any of the pieces on the board before doing it! That's disgusting.

And the Sanctum and Shadow sets aren't bad either.

Wait, so if you use Control the Weak to say that your opponent must play a house, and then use Restringuntus to ban the use of that house on their next turn, what happens? Do they lose because they can't do anything? Or do they just skip a turn because Control the Weak only lasts one turn?

They skip the turn, but if you also play Maverick Witch you pick CtW back up next turn and play it again. Repeat until win.

They are forced to call "no house" but could use Omni cards if they are already out. Not sure of all the Omni cards, but I dunno if any would help in that situation

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Worse, you don't need to expose any of the pieces on the board before doing it! That's disgusting.

And the Sanctum and Shadow sets aren't bad either.

Wait, so if you use Control the Weak to say that your opponent must play a house, and then use Restringuntus to ban the use of that house on their next turn, what happens? Do they lose because they can't do anything? Or do they just skip a turn because Control the Weak only lasts one turn?

They skip the turn, but if you also play Maverick Witch you pick CtW back up next turn and play it again. Repeat until win.

They are forced to call "no house" but could use Omni cards if they are already out. Not sure of all the Omni cards, but I dunno if any would help in that situation

Special Delivery could kill (and purge) Restringuntus or the Witch, which ends it. Basically every house has an artifact to let you use creatures of that house off-house, and then you can fight and kill the things. Be glad that deck can't Gateway to Dis first to also clear the board.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I went to go grab a deck today.

They were out.

Bullet dodged?
    I filled out a preorder card for another deck...

At least I'll get 10% off??????

Wow ok I guess it's in already fuck meeeee

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I wish anywhere here had decks in stock!

This is the deck I got:
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/6f9d3408-5b9b-49c9-a2b1-66abaa1ae415
    CTW+Restringuntus O_O
    The rest of the deck seems pretty solid too!

• LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    This is the deck I got:
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/6f9d3408-5b9b-49c9-a2b1-66abaa1ae415
    CTW+Restringuntus O_O
    The rest of the deck seems pretty solid too!

Ghost hand, relentless whispers and urchins are gonna make you no friends haha. Shadows is so great.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRYst-Roqsg
    This week, Shut Up & Sit Down fights to the death over whether or not KeyForge is good

Matt Lees says: KeyForge, very good!
    Quintin Smith says: KeyForge, very bad!

6F32U1X.png
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    Weeeeell. If you watch it all Quinns ”kinda likes it” and it does get recommended

The midreview turnaround is a sacrosanct concept that must be preserved!

6F32U1X.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited December 2018
    6zxijltscpty.jpg

Need to get ahold of the metal keys and ill have everything.

Lubony on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So I've been playing some on the Crucible, and I've found my groove on the 6 decks I have that all include Shadows as a house. Super exciting, I like how they play and I have some idea of what to look for in each deck.

Now my four non-Shadows decks on the other hand just give me trouble. So I'm definitely interested in practicing them to learn the ins and outs. The four are

Unquestionably Cold Vanellope (who we've talked about before) [Dis Mars Sanctum]
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/a154b901-8939-4beb-a5d7-22b03e239700

Berserk Fletcher of the Museum [Brobnar Mars Untamed]
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/64bdcbef-0308-44d6-8f99-2bb298876e3c

Kleptovan, He Who Helps the Harbor [Brobnar Logos Untamed]
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/ad6094f1-2a4e-4d4d-a4d7-cf4012b6bbcb

Devaphage, Spawn of Canoflare [Brobnar Dis Sanctum]
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/5f753dde-aefd-4435-bbfa-bfdfdcab6520

Any suggestions would be quite welcome!

Also - what House or Houses do you folks favor? Is it for playstyle, art, theme, or something else?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Shadows is the best house, its mostly control, contains the most Direct damage cards and steal is simply the best mechanic in the game. But logos is my favorite house with mother being my favorite card
    When im looking at decks for myself my 3 houses are Logos, Shadows, Untamed.

First thing i do when i pull a new deck is count raw amber generation from simply playing cards.
    Then i Check for Amber control, Rating steal the highest, things that increase key cost second, and capture third.

Your Berserker deck looks fun. the rest look like very normal middle of the road decks. Can win but up against a good shadow /untamed threat they will not be able to keep up.

Whats your name on Crucible we should play sometime, i play in alot of the Keyforgeevents tournies at night on the crucible.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    My favourite is also Shadows, followed by Logos and then Sanctum.

Mars, I just got unlucky that my deck with Mars in it has really bad synergy between the cards so half my Mars cards are pretty useless, with another deck I might like them more.

We're going to play with some people of work again this afternoon, getting a bit more feeling for each deck what it can and can't do.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    I still think my favorite is Untamed, due to the GOTTA GO FAST ramp shenanigans you can pull off.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I pulled off a Full Moon+Witch of the Eye (reap)+Full Moon+Dust Pixie combo the other day. That was pretty fun.

I think I like the shenanigans Dis can get up to. All of my Dis decks seem pretty fun to play

They're playing some Keyforge on the PA Twitch stream.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hoping to go to my first KF event tomorrow. Sealed, adaptive, which seems like the ideal format to me.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Is Adaptive the Switching/Bidding Best 2 of 3 format?

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Yup

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Awesome, I like that format a ton

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Entering into a sealed tournament today, which seems like the ideal way to play as far as I’m concerned

Man I really like having this game as a thing to do on Saturdays

6F32U1X.png
    Pulled this deck:

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/613b3071-b5bd-4fbb-9d12-6cfeb8eb3ee5

Nothing spectacular but pretty solid all-rounder.

Won the first 2-1 with my deck losing twice and then my opponent bidding 4 chains to use his deck in the third, which I beat.

Lost 1-2 with my deck winning twice and then me bidding a mere 2 chains to use it in the decider, and losing.

Won 2-0. Flawless victory, all hail me.

Overall 3rd out of 8 and won a metal promo key.

Very good fun, though playing 4 new decks in a solid 5 hours of play gets a bit brain melty by the end.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Browsing the database of registered decks is pretty addictive all by itself.

Check out this bad mother; An Anomaly that Regrettably Fronts Nature

I don't know if it actually does anything, but there is a giddy kid-in-a-candy-shop part of my brain that really wants to play a Dominion-style "village idiot" deck in this game.

Sokpuppet on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah.. you just Logos into playing Dis each turn there I think.
    Opponent has no hand every turn.

And, are the worst decks in this game like all creatures?
    Cause I pulled an Untamed, Martian, Brosnor (?) deck that's basically just big monsters without armor who die to removal, and upgrades.
    And it just loses.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Just opened a rather unusual pile; Dreki, Ravine Sheriff

Bigtwig maverick in Sanctum seems potentially oppressive, also some weird cross-faction artifact synergies with Hayyel the Merchant. Shadows heavily skewed towards Skirmish and board control with Longfused Mines and some other toys. Three strong rares in Dis plus double Shaffles. The whole package looks like a pretty rude control deck with strong cross-faction turn-to-turn synergies. Guesstimating it is the best deck I have opening so far. Almost certainly the most obnoxious to play against?

Sokpuppet on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Going to a sealed tournament this Saturday and I need to remind myself on how chain works.

Basically if I play a card that says gain one chain, and having 1-6 chain means -1 card, that means I draw until I have 5 cards in my hand and then my chain resets back to zero after my turn?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Pretty much exactly that. Each tier of chain causes you to draw 1 less card at the end of your turn. Every time this affects you, you lose a chain.

If you had 4 chains and 2 cards in hand at the end of your turn, you'd still only draw up to 5 and still only lose one chain, not three/four.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Pretty much exactly that. Each tier of chain causes you to draw 1 less card at the end of your turn. Every time this affects you, you lose a chain.

If you had 4 chains and 2 cards in hand at the end of your turn, you'd still only draw up to 5 and still only lose one chain, not three/four.

The main thing to remember is if you end a turn with 6+ in hand you won't lose a chain.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Unless something else affects your hand size

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    You only drop one chain per turn (so multiple chains lower your draw for multiple turns), and you only drop a chain if you would otherwise draw a card (thus the chain prevented a draw).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    New article up, talking about the Time of Triumph, which kicks off on the 22'nd.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    New article up, talking about the Time of Triumph, which kicks off on the 22'nd.

So decks will start to collect chains and maybe even "ascend". I think ascending means no longer available for tournament play.

steam_sig.png
  • WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    There have been many questions asked about how Poltergeist works... And I have another!
    https://keyforge-compendium.com/cards/69-poltergeist

Say I use it just for the aember, but I have the only artifact in play... Do I have to destroy it?

Witchsight.png
    edited January 2019
    Yes. You have to complete as much of a card text as possible, and there's no conditional on the card.
    You don't even have to "use" the artifact to destroy it. (i.e. the card can have a passive effect and you still destroy it)

crimsoncoyote on
    Vault Tour article up.

Along with a list of events.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Looks like the KF rules were updated today.

Biomatrix Backup got errata. It now works as you would expect it to.
    Restringuntus+CTW/Pit Lord no longer forces "no house" choice. "Cannot" effects take precedence over "must"/"may" effects when they contradict.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c2/16/c2169c07-0337-4bd1-977a-c575b5eda946/keyforge_rulebook_v8-compressed.pdf

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Woo, actually got to buy two decks. Woo. Deck names utterly mundane and dull. Boo.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    New article up, talking about the Chains and Power Level system in Organized Play.

persona4celestia.jpg