As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I like quiet exploration, so Breath of the Wild is right up my street. Sure, the rewards are not necessarily super exciting, but they add a sense of simple purpose that makes it interesting. I suppose future titles will iterate on this style, but I like the sense of not necessarily having a definite end goal and just heading off the beaten path when you're supposed to be somewhere else. It's also nice to be able to just figure stuff out.

edzepp on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I gotta get back into BoW. I beat it on WiiU without the DLC, and it's the only port on Switch that I took the plunge on. It's kinda nice to be overwhelmed with too many things to play, as a poor person. Not too much time goes by and your backlog is huge, plus stuff goes on sale.

I was immediately turned off playing MM11. I will have to give it another try before writing it off for good. So bland. And the music...is also so forgetable? How did this happen??

Still need to beat Minit and Gris, both of which I fell in love with but got pulled away from. Oh and Downwell I will need to rebuy when that arrives...so cool.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Everything is going to be on Switch soon.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    So question - How often do these sales come about?

Because Splatoon 2 and Mario K8 Delux are big "I wants", but i cannot easily justify the money for them right now (Now with other, competing purhchases i want to make). On the otehr hand... sale. And 25% off (here in NZ land at least), is preddy good by nintendo standards!

Any recommendations/comments?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Here in NZ land the sales do not come around too often. Now and e3 times are when the big nintendo first party games usually go on their big sales. Digitally anyway.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm the sucker target Nintendo looks for. I plan on re-buying NSMBU so I can get rid of my Switch version.

It is my favorite 2D Mario game right after SMW and I want it portable.

Plus my GCU discount will make sure I don't actually spend 60 bucks on it. (I am going to miss GCU when mine expires :( )

If portability is what you're after, I'd strongly advise against getting rid of your Switch version. ;)

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Drez wrote: »
    Three comments and a question:

3) It's 2019. WHERE IS MY TERRARIA?!?!?

Look at the joycon stick and you'll notice a little plastic hat covering that can be flipped up with a toothpick. Try either blowing in it with some canned air, or take a qtip soaked in rubbing alcohol and just swirl it around in there. That worked for me, just some dirt or dust that snuck in.

I started reading these instructions and thought for a split second that they were the secret method to unlock Terraria

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So I got Dynasty Warriors 8... again. And it's sucking up a bunch of my time. Again.

Although this time I'm going through Ambition Mode with someone other than Zhurong, so that's different for once. I've also managed to not buy Hyrule Warriors again.

So, you know, it's cool. It's fine. I got this Musou thing under control. I don't have a problem.

I also picked up DW8, despite owning the complete edition (there's an awful lot of DLC for a "complete" edition) on PS4 and still playing it. Also, I'm nowhere near finished with Orochi 4. I picked it up so I can play Ambition Mode while listening to podcasts. Started with Flute lady (her name escapes me...) since I don't think I've ever tried that weapon before, and it's dumb and awesome. Not only thwacking mooks around with a flute, but also using the power of flute music to send them flying.

I bought Hyrule Warriors for the third time the moment it was available, though. So I don't have an ounce of control over my musou thing...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is this version of Hyrule Warriors worth getting if you only spent like ~20 hours in the Wii U version?

• Options
    Is this version of Hyrule Warriors worth getting if you only spent like ~20 hours in the Wii U version?

That depends on how much you loved those 20 hours I think. It's largely the same, but with the minor improvements and fairy dress-up game from the 3DS game. Definitely worth it if you didn;t play any of the DLC content. There's like, a million billion adventure mode maps.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm the sucker target Nintendo looks for. I plan on re-buying NSMBU so I can get rid of my Switch version.

It is my favorite 2D Mario game right after SMW and I want it portable.

Plus my GCU discount will make sure I don't actually spend 60 bucks on it. (I am going to miss GCU when mine expires :( )

If portability is what you're after, I'd strongly advise against getting rid of your Switch version. ;)

Curses! I meant the Wii U version! :mad:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

That depends on how much you loved those 20 hours I think. It's largely the same, but with the minor improvements and fairy dress-up game from the 3DS game. Definitely worth it if you didn;t play any of the DLC content. There's like, a million billion adventure mode maps.

there's also some quality of life changes to the game that weren't there in the wii u version as far as I know.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Naphtali wrote: »

there's also some quality of life changes to the game that weren't there in the wii u version as far as I know.
    Like being able to one-cycle The Imprisoned's WPG. And damage taken for your rank is really fucking lenient now. You can buy item cards after you've acquired an item, so if you need a compass/lantern/bomb/whatever you can get one without waiting for them to respawn or replay a mission.

And it has the Legends content if you never played the 3DS version.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Pooch wrote: »
    Have you tried other joycons or a pro controller? Sync your friend's joycons with your Switch and see if you don't have any trouble then. You might not have to send your whole Switch in if you can confirm it's just your joycons.

Sorry, I should have included some more details.

We tried the following combos:
    My Joy-Cons on my System (disconnecting)
    Friend's Joy-Cons on my System (disconnecting)
    Pro Controller on my System (no problems)
    My Joy-Cons on friend's System (no problems)
    Friend's Joy-Cons on friend's System (no problems)

We only tried it docked, but I don't think it's the dock since we swapped the actual Switch tablet out.

It works ok if I'm careful to hold the Joy-Cons level with the system and sit a bit closer than usual, but I think we ruled out it being the Joy-Cons having a problem.

I haven't been this thorough but have the same issue with my right joycon on my system which is also a launch one. If you do get this resolved, please let us know.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So I got Dynasty Warriors 8... again. And it's sucking up a bunch of my time. Again.

Although this time I'm going through Ambition Mode with someone other than Zhurong, so that's different for once. I've also managed to not buy Hyrule Warriors again.

So, you know, it's cool. It's fine. I got this Musou thing under control. I don't have a problem.

I also picked up DW8, despite owning the complete edition (there's an awful lot of DLC for a "complete" edition) on PS4 and still playing it. Also, I'm nowhere near finished with Orochi 4. I picked it up so I can play Ambition Mode while listening to podcasts. Started with Flute lady (her name escapes me...) since I don't think I've ever tried that weapon before, and it's dumb and awesome. Not only thwacking mooks around with a flute, but also using the power of flute music to send them flying.

I bought Hyrule Warriors for the third time the moment it was available, though. So I don't have an ounce of control over my musou thing...

I'm playing Lu Lingqi, because she's new and I didn't really use her much in the Complete Edition. Her cross made of halberds looks ridiculous, but does do some neat stuff once the combos get going.

Too bad her personality boils down to "I am the Daughter of Lu Bu (and also my relationship with Diaochan is never, ever explored, because Koei doesn't want to touch that subject with a ten foot pole)!"

WotanAnubis on
  • Options

Too bad her personality boils down to "I am the Daughter of Lu Bu (and also my relationship with Diaochan is never, ever explored, because Koei doesn't want to touch that subject with a ten foot pole)!"

Was it a non-consensual encounter or something? Probably don't want Koei touching on the subject regardless if we get gems like Hattori Hanzo telling one of the female characters in Orochi 4 that she can't go on an intense mission because "you're a girl and you can't handle it" =/

Though, I forget who exactly he was talking to. It might have been because he thought she was too young and it got lost in translation.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Was it a non-consensual encounter or something? Probably don't want Koei touching on the subject regardless if we get gems like Hattori Hanzo telling one of the female characters in Orochi 4 that she can't go on an intense mission because "you're a girl and you can't handle it" =/

Though, I forget who exactly he was talking to. It might have been because he thought she was too young and it got lost in translation.

No, it's not that.

Diaochan didn't have any children, so she is not Lu Lingqi's mother. One of Lu Bu's other concubines was Lu Lingqi's mother.

So either Koei pretends that Diaochan is Lu Lingqi's mother anyway (even though she wasn't), or they admit that Lu Bu had multiple concubines, which might get tricky age-ratings wise. Better Safer to just ignore the whole thing entirely.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Wizard's of legend is on sale and i'm awful so of course i had to grab it since i have heard nothing but good things about it.

I have been to four different gamestops now trying to find a physical copy of the resident evil revelation's collection so far and no luck i'm 90% it's a product of my fevered imagination at this point

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Three comments and a question:

1) I think I need to get a new right Joycon at some point - intermittently, the analog stick drifts downward (not actually physically, but the system interprets downward analog stick motion). Recalibrating doesn't work. Sometimes disconnecting it and reconnecting it fixes it. Sometimes just shutting the Switch off completely and then turning it back on fixes it. It seems to crop up every few weeks. I've had it since launch; I'm assuming Nintendo won't fix it for me at this point.

2) I just finished a run of Rogue Legacy for the first time! I'm in NG+ now! Whee!

3) It's 2019. WHERE IS MY TERRARIA?!?!?

Look at the joycon stick and you'll notice a little plastic hat covering that can be flipped up with a toothpick. Try either blowing in it with some canned air, or take a qtip soaked in rubbing alcohol and just swirl it around in there. That worked for me, just some dirt or dust that snuck in.

@“the Wolfman” thanks, I’ll try that

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Hey how is Tiny Metal? I know there was controversy about its development and release but is the actual game good?

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Hey how is Tiny Metal? I know there was controversy about its development and release but is the actual game good?

If you're good with single player I really like it. They recently had a big patch that added 1v1 multi and some other upgrades. I think the controversy ended up being proven in their favor

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      TimFiji wrote: »

If you're good with single player I really like it. They recently had a big patch that added 1v1 multi and some other upgrades. I think the controversy ended up being proven in their favor

Thanks. I'm not interested in multi at all but it's nice to know they added it in.

• Options
      CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
      Zunde wrote: »
      Wizard's of legend is on sale and i'm awful so of course i had to grab it since i have heard nothing but good things about it.

I have been to four different gamestops now trying to find a physical copy of the resident evil revelation's collection so far and no luck i'm 90% it's a product of my fevered imagination at this point

I could be wrong but I think even the physical copy only contained one game and made you download the other.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
    • Options
      ZundeZunde Registered User regular
      It does and i could get both game's for 13$ each right now because they're on sale but i'm one of those old fossils who will always go physical if possible.

• Options
      RehabRehab Registered User regular
      edited January 2019

If you are looking for something to scratch an Advance Wars type itch I highly recommend at least checking out Into The Breach.

Completeling the various challenges in the game is extremely rewarding and its very much a series of punishing puzzles.

Edit: And it might still be on sale?

Rehab on
      NNID: Rehab0
    • Options
      I have that already - thanks. And yes, it is great.

• Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
      I'm looking at those cards and dreading the inevitable application of leverage.

Steam: Polaritie
      3DS: 0473-8507-2652
      Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
      PSN: AbEntropy
    • Options
      ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
      .... I would be tempted if it also charged the controllers.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    • Options
      StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
      That's a terrible stand, though. Too tall, too easy to tip over (what with all the weight on top and by the sides), the joycons are in a tray, those cartridge slots are stupid... It's really bad at any of the functions of a stand. I'm pretty sure any other option on the market is a billion times better.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
      Did they take the game cartridges out of their cases and store them both separately on the same stand?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
      21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
      That's a terrible stand, though. Too tall, too easy to tip over (what with all the weight on top and by the sides), the joycons are in a tray, those cartridge slots are stupid... It's really bad at any of the functions of a stand. I'm pretty sure any other option on the market is a billion times better.

it's TOO BIG TO FALL, STORM!

• Options
      DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
      Late-night session of Fitness Boxing and I'm really sore this morning. :P

Fun little game application, nice way to get some cardio going and it seems the more advanced routines are really, really fun and varied. There's a demo, so you can check that out first (didn't take long for me to buy it, though.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    • Options
      LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Are you sure the base isn't weighted?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    • Options
      DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      Did they take the game cartridges out of their cases and store them both separately on the same stand?

Well they had no choice. The cases are behind the joycon grip.

• Options
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »

I don’t know what I expected, but it is definitely not what I got.

• Options
      AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
      Bear pantsu OP plz nerf.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    • Options
      21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

If it's the game i'm thinking of, it's on Steam already and it doesn't have anything inappropriate.

• Options
      edited January 2019

If it's the game i'm thinking of, it's on Steam already and it doesn't have anything inappropriate.

Yeah, it's not a hentai game or anything. It's just a strange game.

skeldare on
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA