As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I do like the photobombs they added.
    I also like that I don't have to do better than silver, because F that noise.
    And as a bonus it actually seems to piss her off most, as she complains that being terrible or awesome is more popular. Screw you Ball, I'm not trying to entertain you.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I got the platinum for this when it was new and in the last few days took a whirlwind tour through NG+ on the hardest difficulty and then through the first DLC.

I love this game more than is reasonable.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I couldn't quite figure out the one Screwball challenge where you had to only use two gadgets. I don't understand how you defeat an enemy with the anti-grav thing.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    @vamen You're meant to combine them, pop the anti-grav and then swap to the tripewire, spam your gadget button without aiming and you'll take a bunch of people down. You earn more points for the combo than just using the tripwire alone.

Khildith on
    Khildith wrote: »
    @vamen You're meant to combine them, pop the anti-grav and then swap to the tripewire, spam your gadget button without aiming and you'll take a bunch of people down. You earn more points for the combo than just using the tripwire alone.

Ahhh good to know, thanks =). I did that a few times not paying attention, I'm sure, but it was halfway through the fight before I even realized levitating them then air-comob-ing them didn't count. I didn't retry after that since I was focusing on the story, but I'll go back and give it a go now.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The one that messes me up in that challenge is the photobomb on the raised wall. I get that I need to preemptively line it with tripwires and then antigravity a bunch of people so that they float into range, but getting it correctly lined up is difficult.

Also, is it me, or are those EMP challenges harder than the Bomb challenges?

Enlong wrote: »
    The one that messes me up in that challenge is the photobomb on the raised wall. I get that I need to preemptively line it with tripwires and then antigravity a bunch of people so that they float into range, but getting it correctly lined up is difficult.

Also, is it me, or are those EMP challenges harder than the Bomb challenges?

I found them harder. Mostly because I kept running off before they were blown up and didn't notice. But I also seemed to get hung up on a ledge or some geometry issue a few times, which has pretty much never happened previously. It could just be because I was rusty, though.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The only new challenge I didn't really care for was the combat one. I thought it would be the easiest one. But you're almost penalized if you do them like the normal version and go as fast as you can. Instead you almost have to sit there and do nothing until the photobomb target pops up, kill the max limit of 3 enemies in it, and repeat. If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say you always get full points for time no matter how much you waste.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Making it less about time is fine with me, I feel like this rewards you better for making it look awesome, which fits what it's been set up as.

Finished the story of the DLC, as well as the art tokens and the Screwball challenges.
    That was an abrupt ending. And it didn't really satisfyingly finish off the plot at hand, but I guess that's what the rest of the DLCs will be for. The next chapters are "Turf War" and "Silver Lining". Considering that Felicia made off with the way to access the mobs' joint funds, I imagine the turf war will be between them. And Sable is definitely coming back for that third one, what with the Maggias having stolen so much Sable tech. It would seem that it's shaping up to have the 3 DLCs form one story.

Kinda saw it coming that the son line was fake. I mean, there's a chance she really does have a son, and he just wasn't involved in the plot (would be an interesting double bluff there), but yeah. I liked that last mission, though I feel like the Cat Takedown thing wasn't fully realized.

Screwball Challenges were fun. Interesting that it didn't have a Final Mission like Taskmaster did. I wonder if we'll see more of her challenges in the other DLCs.

That Walter Hardey plot twist was telegraphed super hard, but it was a neat side story.

All in all, the first DLC was fun. A little more of the same, and that's kinda what I wanted.

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    OMG, that trophy that pops at the end. :D

Good to see Insomniac continue to nail the interactions between characters. This particular Spider-verse is too good.
    JJJ learning what 'shipping' and 'flame wars' are is love and life itself.

President Evil on
    Little detail I like: you know how it saves a screenshot when you get a trophy? With story trophies, it saves screenshots at a different point to when it pops the notification, so you actually get a shot from the scene that looks kind of interesting, rather than a black screen or the same normal gameplay camera as you regain control.

It's a tiny little detail, but it shows that someone actually looked at it and thought "what would be a good screenshot for this moment?", and coded it in.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    My Platinum screenshot is swinging down a street into the sunset, it's perfect

Meanwhile I'm downloading the dlc now, looking forward to to coming off Odyssey

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Raimi Suit is in as of today!!

Free for everyone with the game

Local H Jay on
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Now everyone can shut the fuck up about that mediocre suit now.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Holy shit. Now everyone can shut the fuck up about that mediocre suit now.

Ha, welcome to the internet, where bad takes never end

PSN SeGaTai
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The fact that a bunch of people lost their fucking minds over it not being in the last set of DLC and harassed Insomniac for days about it and then it winds up being a free Christmas gift anyway just illustrates that gamers need to grow the fuck up.

It also illustrates that Insomniac are nicer than I am, because I would've canceled their goddamn Christmas gift after they behaved like that. "Sorry guys, you were naughty, so Spidey Claus ain't giving you shit this year."

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Now I want a Spidey Claus suit.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Personally I was really hoping for Spider Gwen's costume at some point. I know it may have been weird what with Peter's voice and all, but I just think it's a snazzy outfit.

• VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    So I'm late to the party and I've been playing this for a while and I've finally unlocked the Taskmaster challenges. Thanks to youtube guides and a lot of patience, I've gotten gold on all the bomb challenges, but the drone challenges seemed messed up. Earlier today I just completed what seemed to be a flawless run with the Financial district drone. nailed all of the blue spheres, was right behind the drone the vast majority of the time, just completely smooth and fast, and even got to the end no more than a second or two behind the drone and somehow I still got 2000 less than what was needed for gold.

Just not sure how to improve signficantly on that

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    So I'm late to the party and I've been playing this for a while and I've finally unlocked the Taskmaster challenges. Thanks to youtube guides and a lot of patience, I've gotten gold on all the bomb challenges, but the drone challenges seemed messed up. Earlier today I just completed what seemed to be a flawless run with the Financial district drone. nailed all of the blue spheres, was right behind the drone the vast majority of the time, just completely smooth and fast, and even got to the end no more than a second or two behind the drone and somehow I still got 2000 less than what was needed for gold.

Just not sure how to improve signficantly on that

Something that might help is that being right behind the drone is not necessarily the fastest route. If you know where the next marker is, and you see a faster path to it, then take it. The drone "cheats" and will always speed up if you ever try to outpace it. I don't really remember having to constantly do it, but there are a handful of moments where it'll take a real roundabout path while you can just cut through the block.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    yeah I saw a video like that for the upper east side drone where the guy did this amazing speed run and got like an entire 10K more points than needed for gold. But what baffled me is that my run seemed nearly identical to the run made in one of the guide videos so when I was on the final leg, I was feeling pretty confident it would hit gold, but it wasn't even close for some reason. Blew my mind. Thought it was bugged.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I just reached a point in the game where some things become frustrating design wise.

Third act
    Did they really have to go and make all of NYC just a bunch of people standing around with pinpoint laser-accurate guns trained on Spider-Man around every corner?

This has been literally the only open world game I haven't heavily used fast travel in up until exactly right now.

Sure they mostly can't hit you but it's just a gamification thing I can't stand kind of like when I drop off a roof, run around the other side of the building and pop back up and everyone is immediately firing on me because I didn't wait for the red icon to go yellow. Or the random outhouses all the extra waves at bases come out of.

I love this game, but today I hit a point where I found that issue and also how long bases take frustrating and just tedious in a way the other side missions haven't been.

initiatefailure on
    The cool thing about that section is the enemies will be permanently removed from the map once defeated. Between that and clearing out bases, it can really make you feel like you're turning the tide as you go.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That is good to know actually. I was worried it was just how it would be the rest of the game. I think it was just time for a break for the night

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I decided not to do the bases and boy was I happier after that. They just take too damn long.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    I decided not to do the bases and boy was I happier after that. They just take too damn long.

When I die in the final wave of a base, I usually decide to hang the stealth and just start punching people in the face right from the start.

So, I've cleared the last story of the DLCs.
    Ultimately, I feel mildly disappointed by the whole DLC story thing. Hammerhead didn't really feel as interesting as the other villains in the game, and the whole thing just kinda ends when he's defeated. Sable jets off, Spidey swims back to New York, and that's that. But I also feel like that's not entirely fair, because this is very much a side-story that didn't have the time to build itself up like the main plot. I kinda wish Black Cat hadn't had the death fakeout in chapter 1, because I think it would've been fun for her to stick around to add to the story in the other chapters. She comes back, but all she does is hand Spidey a goober and take off again.

Also, I really hate that Yuri is now an enemy, and we don't get to see her again in the story itself. I knew this would happen to her by the end of chapter 2, but it kinda sucks. It looks like they're trying to build her up, as Wraith, for the sequel. I kinda liked her being an exasperated ally to Spidey.

I did like the Miles conversations throughout the DLCs, and I found the enemy variety and actual encounters to be fun. I just thought the story behind Hammerhead to be kinda weak. The last bit with Miles doing his first swing was funny.

All this being said, the DLC does deliver the base of what I wanted from DLC; an excuse to do more swinging and punching. And the swinging and punching it gave us was good fun, so I can accept a very side-quest-ish story.

To sum up, I found the DLC to be good fun to play, but the story to not quite live up to the bar set by the main game.

I've been messing with the movement and combat techniques a lot since beating the game, as I'm going around clearing the map out. I found you can cancel out of the downward stomp for a quick altitude change or as a sort of Dodge.
    https://youtu.be/PbtXnaUgf5k

I'm not sure if this is obvious but you can also launch dudes and then jump up to them, and then use them to jump again by kicking off them instead of just beating their head in. It's nice because I'll web one guy, launch him, grab him and toss them away by launching off, and then use that to swing kick into the next enemy.

Ok I'm done with everything on the map except random crimes. Anyone have any tips to get them to show up quickly? Some areas with only a handful left are getting a bit annoying

Ok I'm done with everything on the map except random crimes. Anyone have any tips to get them to show up quickly? Some areas with only a handful left are getting a bit annoying

I just did a rough circle of the region I wanted the crime for. Spamming R3 to scan might help, but I usually got a police call after a minute or so.

I think the key is to keep moving so it can spawn the crime on the edge of its draw distance (I assume it won't just summon a car chase somewhere you might see it appear from thin air).

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So I guess Marvel is having a week-long Fantastic Four celebration, and at the end of a livestream yesterday they teased "something fantastic" coming real soon to Spider-Man PS4. So maybe superhero team-up DLC, or maybe a DLC costume. Probably the one where Spider-Man wears those blue FF long johns and has a paper bag on his head.

Still have to play the Silver Sable DLC, but I've been holding off on it. The first two were pretty underwhelming.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Yeah, my guess is one of two possible costumes depending on what era they wanna roll with.

FWIW, I thought Silver Linings was the best of the three chapters by a hefty margin. Had one of my favorite moments in the entire game.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Bagman is funny and all, but I would prefer his suit from the Future Foundation.

9a92tm98ypha.jpg

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Does Spider-Man have an armored FF related costume? Because if they are doing a DLC suit, that's probably what Insomniac will go with. Somebody over there loves armored Spidey suits...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Wrapped up 100% yesterday and probably gonna get the DLC soon. Started NG+ on Ultimate and it doesn't seem too bad compared to Spectacular.

Some photos:
    ygq9bbjlyp27.jpeg
    ptj2mqehsbkp.jpeg

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I just finished the DLC and I really liked all three of them. It was fun having lots of new stuff to do though I do not feel compelled in the least to get above Silver on the Screwball Challenges and I feel the photobomb thing really detracted from the Stealth Challenges.

But I enjoyed the new indoor areas and more Silver Sable and more suits.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I've gotten 100% in the main game and all of the DLCs.

I just need to do an Ultimate run on NG+ for the last of the achievements.

My biggest problem is that I'm actually pretty terrible at the game, so Ultimate mode is hard whenever I get to a boss. The encounter with Shocker in the bank took about a half dozen deaths before I finally got it, and that was the first real boss. I'm pretty much boned when I get to the harder ones.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Ultimate isn't so hard if you're all maxed out from an earlier playthrough.
    Swapping abilities for the situation can make you close to unkillable as you can generate enough focus to heal pretty easily.

The real difficulty is trying to use that dumb "Equalizer" power which is fun until you accidentally bump into a guy punching and die instantly

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    The only issue I'm having is that the counter button is circle and not triangle like in the batman series. I can't counter to save my life.