As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Makes me feel like a schmuck for burning my 3* CEs for mana prisms...

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I burn 3* Servants for mana prisims, but I always feed CEs.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I am suddenly in desperate need of mana prisms, after unlocking and purchasing Mona Lisa x5. I'm down to 500 at the moment.

I guess the only way to farm more outside of events is doing the 30 AP embers? And that was only 5 or so a run.

Edit: Also, just saw an interview about FGO.

http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/03/fate-series-writer-kinoko-nasu-talks-about-the-current-state-and-future-of-fate-grand-order/

Sounds like the game could be winding down, with some new variant with completely different gameplay possibly in the works. Of course we'd still have two years or so to go, but it'd be weird if they localized the sequel while the first is still running...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Maybe Nasu will start working on that prommised Tsukihime remake.....

• Options
    Oh, also, FGO isn't ending after Act 2 in spite of Siliconera clickbait. Nasu's handing over the direct writing reigns after Arc 2, that's all.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh, also, FGO isn't ending after Act 2 in spite of Siliconera clickbait. Nasu's handing over the direct writing reigns after Arc 2, that's all.

A shame, but we'll just have to see how well whoever picks up the pen does I guess.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Honestly he's printing so much money with the Fate franchise, I have a hard time believing that he'll be able to sink his teeth into other Type-MOON properties for a while. I would go bananas if he could get a Hollow Ataraxia or Strange Fake adaptation going, never mind something like Notes.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

The way it sounds is that FGO is ending after Part 2 (so in 2020, maybe?) but will be replaced by an FGO2 with a better codebase that lets them do stuff they have problems with currently. (Probably ncluding autobattle on completed nodes, from the sounds of it?)
    Oh, and probably a separate, somewhat-unconnected story.

So nothing to worry about unless there aren't account transfers.

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »

Honestly he's printing so much money with the Fate franchise, I have a hard time believing that he'll be able to sink his teeth into other Type-MOON properties for a while. I would go bananas if he could get a Hollow Ataraxia or Strange Fake adaptation going, never mind something like Notes.

We'll get a Strange Fake adaption probably sometime, but they're probably gonna wait till the novels are finished.

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files is more clearly broken into arcs, so it's easier for them to adapt that earlier, then take a break and come back to it, even though it's also still ongoing (though it's being written much faster).

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Waiting for a Strange Fake adaptation is so last year. Waiting for a Fate/Requiem adaptation is where it's at.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I, uh, still want Hollow Ataraxia...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I, uh, still want Hollow Ataraxia...

At least the VN's fully translated.

• Options
    Also, surprised no one's mentioned it but Lord El Melloi ll Case Files ep 0 was fantastic. To bad I have to wait half a year for more.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    The power of level 10 Fox’s Wedding EX is finally under my command!

Also I’m even worse off on pages than I’d realized!

Come back, Barbatos

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    just gonna leave this thing I can't understand here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98s0s3VWwho

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    just gonna leave this thing I can't understand here

It's the Learn With Manga comics animated.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic.php
    http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic_02.php

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    So I got the fox lady off the GSSR caster banner, but I'm finding it really hard to level up people. Mostly due to not having any of the ascension mats. Are they just super rare even from the stages on that guide someone linked me in the holiday thread?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sonelan wrote: »
    So I got the fox lady off the GSSR caster banner, but I'm finding it really hard to level up people. Mostly due to not having any of the ascension mats. Are they just super rare even from the stages on that guide someone linked me in the holiday thread?

The best way to get mats is from event shops. Events run pretty regularly, so you'll build up a stockpile before you know it.

Some mats are farmable at decent enough rates on stages available every day (Pages, bones, fangs), others aren't. Hearts, in particular, are essentially event-only for now.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Very shortly we should see the Artemis event lite rerun

Which has Hearts, Chaos Claws, Pages, Serpent Jewels, Phoenix Feathers, and Poison Stingers (20 of each)

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I already have problems with lack of materials, and I only have servants at 50 lvl max! Sadly, they stop being enough for me as Im in a middle of Okeanos...

When is Musashi banner coming back? I will definitely have 30 SQ for one more ten roll, but I wonder if it's viable to try and get 60 until then by playing singularities and free quests.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Now that I have CasCu at a reasonable NP level I’m really excited about using him

Protection from Arrows+Debuff Clear and Heal sounds really nice, and he’s got a 50% NP charge to boot

We may be in the age where clearing content with enormous buster NPs is the thing, but I’ll always love tanky servants best

• Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I already have problems with lack of materials, and I only have servants at 50 lvl max! Sadly, they stop being enough for me as Im in a middle of Okeanos...

When is Musashi banner coming back? I will definitely have 30 SQ for one more ten roll, but I wonder if it's viable to try and get 60 until then by playing singularities and free quests.

Musashi will be back at reset tomorrow. Her solo lasts for for two days, at which point the banner becomes a split rate up with Musashi, Kintoki and Ishtar

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Asthariel wrote: »

Musashi will be back at reset tomorrow. Her solo lasts for for two days, at which point the banner becomes a split rate up with Musashi, Kintoki and Ishtar

Thanks! So I propably shouldn't bother with grinding more than 30 SQ then, if I wont get her, that was just fate.

I guess I will throw next ten roll at Hassan, considering how beloved he is by a fanbase.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Hassan is popular because single target Buster Assassin right after Merlin

If you've been playing for long enough to have her, Shiki remains one of the best single target assassins with a strong well rounded kit

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I like Hassan because he is the coolest servant in the game, by a huge margin.

The fact that he is fairly good is just icing on the cake.

• Options
    King Hassan is a Buster Assassin with a huge attack store (2nd highest among Assassins), super strong attack buff skills, the best single-Guts skill in the entire game, and is virtually immune to all Status Effects. And if you ever get his Bond CE he will be double-plus immune to all Status Effects. He's ludicrously good. His instant death stuff is only the icing on his damage and kit.

Me? I'm gonna play the long game. I'm gonna token roll a 10 for the King then actually roll for MHXA who's only mediocre when she comes out. But she later gets a huge 30% self Quick Buff in less than half a year, and in a little less than a year becomes one of the best single targets to pair with Skadi. It's very much a Waifu-now, gameplay-later type of roll.

• Options
    Mechanically I think he's a bit overrated

But he's for sure super cool

• Options
    I think MHX is underrated so hey.~

• Options
    I think MHX is underrated so hey.~
    Yeah, but that's just you being a hipster. ;P

She's widely considered one of the worst SSRs until Skadi rescues her and the rest of Quick.

If you want to really RIP, enjoy your ST Buster Servants for now because they'll apparently finally go out of favor in a couple years also.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Well it's more that Tamamo gets a NP boost in two years that makes Arts NP support actually stronger than Buster NP support

And then Quick NPs have always had better numbers, but Skadi was the first real Quick suppor

It does make me even sadder about not having Tamamo

Maddoc on
  • Options
    It's not that, it's that 2018 (2020) will be multi target Challenge Quests with Break Bars.

ST Buster Servant blows up one bar on one target...then what? Is the logic used, at least.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, the old standards still shine because the meta isn't "Buster NP" it's "Buster Crit"

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Eh, the old standards still shine because the meta isn't "Buster NP" it's "Buster Crit"
    Gorilla triple Buster crit generates no stars and refunds no meter after their NP.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Huh I guess Buster crit doesn't work then

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing though, maybe I just like doing things the hard way

• Options
    Busters still do hilarious damage but do so much damage the devs realized they needed to keep changing the content.

Now we watch Dantes(!!) dump a 2-300k AoE on the enemy 3 turns in a row...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well it's more that Tamamo gets a NP boost in two years that makes Arts NP support actually stronger than Buster NP support

And then Quick NPs have always had better numbers, but Skadi was the first real Quick suppor

Who's the next best alternative to Tamamo in terms of keeping an arts line alive and healthy? I don't think anyone else has the awesomeness of her CD reductions, but...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Yeah, it's interesting watching the trinity of Dantes buffs, the switch to AoE + Multiple Break Bars + Skadi throw Dantes into being one of the best characters in the entire game.

Parvati, Valkyrie(s), and Lancelot are all really good AoE farmers in JP Skadi-land now and MHXA became one of the best single targets being the single-target Quick Berserker. It's crazy.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

Who's the next best alternative to Tamamo in terms of keeping an arts line alive and healthy? I don't think anyone else has the awesomeness of her CD reductions, but...

Caster Gilgamesh would be the runner up.

Mozart is the budget option, but he's more suitable for short fights (His party Arts buff only lasts one turn, his Star gen is just one 50 star shot)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

There's multiple arts supports or neutral supports that work with Arts. None are as distinctly as good as Tammo, but they bring specefic things. You can also always grab a Tamamo support.

Waver and Helena are still your generalist supports that work well with anyone.
    Hans is a generalist support with a Crit focus.
    Caster Marie and Caster Gilgamesh are Arts/Crit supports. Gil's more general offensive while Marie's immortal and has a stronger focus on crits.
    Boudica and Paracelsus also have AoE Arts buff skills and are very 'budget' options. The former is still awaiting her NP Strengthening in NA.
    Mozart is the king of budget Arts/Crit supports with a 44% 1Turn AoE Arts buff and a skill that gives 50 Crit Stars.

Edit: Nero Bride and her 50% NP gain skill also helps a lot depending on team comp. Her NP also debuffs an enemy for 5 whole turns.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    If you need the healing because you're trying to arts stall, you're also unfortunately starting to look at Medea Lily or Iri, neither of whom buff. Unfortunately, they also don't have Tamamo's Curse. Iri at least has a self invul and gives the party Guts.

XNnw6Gk.jpg