As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Still feeling pretty happy about giving up on WWE.

Every few months, especially since Becky rocketed to the top (and geez she's been unquestionably the best thing in wrestling for like four months now), I go, "Hey, maybe I should give them another shot", and almost immediately they prove why I shouldn't.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I feel like this is one of the probably only two situations in which I'm okay with them showing Hogan on TV again.

The other being when he himself dies.

Anything else, shy of an actual, legitimate apology of some kind? Not interested.

But my understanding is that he and Gene were friends, and not "friends on the outs" like he and Savage, which... well, the less said about how that went, the better. And "lemme tell you something, Mean Gene" just feels too synonymous, too iconic a part of Okerlund's legacy to be overlooked.

...on the other hand, I'm also worried Hogan will somehow skunk the whole thing once he opens his mouth, unless they make him keep it short and sweet, like "Lemme tell you something, Mean Gene... we're all gonna miss you, brother. God bless" and that's it.

All it needs, all I want.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I will never trust Hogan to not try to put himself over, no matter the circumstances.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    well then put that TV time to good use by having New Day cut him off immediately and hand Hogan a pancake, stone cold stunner him, and then just cut to commercial

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Even if Gene and Terry were friends. Using Gene's death to get Hogan free and clear of being a racist is a scummy as fuck thing to do.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ZSJ and Suzuki challenged for the IWGP tag titles backstage after Dash

We could get Zacky 3 Belts <3

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Finally started on my wrestling shelf

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    well then put that TV time to good use by having New Day cut him off immediately and hand Hogan a pancake, stone cold stunner him, and then just cut to commercial

"I'm not bumping tonight, brother. How about I beat all three of them at once?"

WWE : Two of them at once.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I will never trust Hogan to not try to put himself over, no matter the circumstances.

iz8pc0os4ng8.jpeg

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Why do I get the feeling this match was originally Okada and Tanahashi vs Knife Pervert and Gedo?
    To not even get a singles match for your return AND eat the pin? Doesn’t exactly bode well for Yoshi-Hashi. Granted nothing he did in the G1 impressed me much so it might just be a return to form.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling this match was originally Okada and Tanahashi vs Knife Pervert and Gedo?
    To not even get a singles match for your return AND eat the pin? Doesn’t exactly bode well for Yoshi-Hashi. Granted nothing he did in the G1 impressed me much so it might just be a return to form.

Yeah, that's just pretty much Yoshi-Hashi.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if Kenny comes to WWE

can he cosplay as Dio

and his entrance theme starts with "THE WORLD"

2ohWien.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    EzUAYcn.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Cornette has passion for the artistry of like kayfabe and selling the "real" aspect of pro wrestling. Like he despises joey ryans dick stuff.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    jim cornette is the ur-carny

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

It was pretty fucking gross though. Like i've seen her defend it as it being OK when men do it, but it's just as gross when men do it and they're just doing it with something outside of themselves. The stink-face is the absolute limit of what someone should have to do for entertainment and that's too far.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I guess I need context. What exactly is Corny pissed about here (other than the 50,000 things he is pissed about at any given time)?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    In a hardcore match, Priscilla Kelly used a (almost certainly fake, because c'mon) used tampon as a weapon and shoved it in her opponents mouth

astrobstrd wrote: »
    I guess I need context. What exactly is Corny pissed about here (other than the 50,000 things he is pissed about at any given time)?

2nd post down. NSFW
    https://twitter.com/priscillakelly_
    She took her tampon out and put it in the opponents mouth. I'm assuming that wasn't actually inside her of course.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It’s the Joey Ryan lollipop spot, but with a tampon with fake menstrual juice on it.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    It's gross and stupid but so are a lot of other things that have been done with bodily fluids in wrestling. Cornette's rage just draws more attention to it.

...but hey it's at least doing some positive for the world which is more than I can say for Eddie Guerrero spraying Big Show with a tanker truck full of shit.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    you know if some dude wrestler pulled out a wadded up piece of tp that was dipped in nutella out of the back of their trunks and mashed it in another wrestlers face the majority of people would be like lol ew and then move on

hell, sometimes wrestlers wipe their actual blood on other wrestlers for effect but since it comes outta their forehead or something i guess it’s better

EzUAYcn.png
    you know if some dude wrestler pulled out a wadded up piece of tp that was dipped in nutella out of the back of their trunks and mashed it in another wrestlers face the majority of people would be like lol ew and then move on

hell, sometimes wrestlers wipe their actual blood on other wrestlers for effect but since it comes outta their forehead or something i guess it’s better

Out of their forehead onto the other persons forehead. Not into the mouth. Nothing that's been in any wrestlers sweaty jockstrap after 20 minutes should be going in someone else's mouth. Voluntarily or not. The former is a fight, the latter is just gross.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't know that "just gross" is the barrier we have to cross to say this is actually a problem

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If both wrestlers consent I really don't see any sort of problem?

Is no grosser than Mr. Socko or just the basic mixture of body sweat thats gonna happen in any match

It's just a goofy spot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1RR18KsOIQ

Also Jim Cornette can fuck off back into the sea.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.

In Jim Cornette's Smoky Mountain Wrestling in 1992 Buddy Landel started a feud with Tim Horner by, after knocking Horner unconscious, taking a check he won, putting it down the crotch side of his trunks and rubbing it a couple times, then taking it out and shoving it down Horner's mouth

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

In Jim Cornette's Smoky Mountain Wrestling in 1992 Buddy Landel started a feud with Tim Horner by, after knocking Horner unconscious, taking a check he won, putting it down the crotch side of his trunks and rubbing it a couple times, then taking it out and shoving it down Horner's mouth

lol that's fucking funny

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

They never told anybody it was fake though you see. Protected the integrity of this fake fighting game they did. Heroes they were.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    edited January 2019
    KUSHIDA is done with the company Jan 31

Iizuka's retiring Feb 21

New Beginning Osaka card
    Shingo and BUSHI vs Desperado and Kanemaru
    EVIL and SANADA vs Suzuki and ZSJ
    Ishimori/Taguchi
    Tanahashi/Switchblade

Naito/Taichi New Beginning Sapporo

We're on pace to have Zacky 3 Belts, IWGP champ Knife Pervert Jay White, and IC Champ God Emperor Taichi <3

And of course...the big news of the night...
    DwR2wrHVYAAV598.jpg
    They're putting Okada, Tana, Makabe and Taguchi in a match as their My Dad is a Heel Wrestler characters on the Jan 21 Fantasticamania show

Sweeney Tom on
    KUSHIDA is going to be pissed when he gets to WWE and has to change his finisher’s name

2ohWien.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

There, now more than like 25 people will be able to watch it lol

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Genuinely the best decision they’ve made in a decade

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

It's a work のづヌ

Mwx884o.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    More realistically, I am going to assume all the AEW guys will return on a semi-regular basis to NJPW once they find their footing

Mostly for your big events, similar to a Jericho

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    More realistically, I am going to assume all the AEW guys will return on a semi-regular basis to NJPW once they find their footing

Mostly for your big events, similar to a Jericho

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a return by the group by Dominion, honestly. Gives them time to reset story-wise.

The real tell will be Marty, who still under contract with RoH. If they move him into a new group then they may be gone longer.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Could also be a work. It's similar to what he said after losing to Okada in 2017.

This discussion has been closed.